Nineteenth Chapter

My Cyber World

My eyes fluttered open at the sunlight that was shining in through the window, though I found myself staring into another pair of eyes just inches away. I blinked several times as I wondered how we’d ended up this close to one another. Our eyes were locked and I felt how my heart thumped a bit faster than usual.

After a few seconds my mind seemed to come to its sense because I pushed my body away from his in such a rush that I fell down onto the floor. The worst was that my injured hand took the most of the fall and I yelped at the sudden outburst of pain.

“Are you okay?” MyungSoo appeared before me as he bent down and took my hand in his, the pain immediately came back and I found myself pulling it away. How come it hurt so much now, it wasn’t this painful yesterday.

“Get dressed; I’m taking you to the hospital.” MyungSoo uttered and I froze at his words, the hospital. I couldn’t go to the hospital, the newspapers would find out. “I can’t go there, the newspapers will find out.” I resisted as he tried to pull me up on my feet’s.

“Do you think you are so special.” He snarled and I felt my heart sink, that wasn’t what I meant. If they find out I’m in trouble. If you only knew how messed up my life was then you wouldn’t be doing all this stuff. Please don’t do this.

“We are leaving in twenty minutes.”

With that said he exited the bedroom and left me standing there, tears building up at the fear of what the Yoo family will do to me once they find out. Why couldn’t he just let it go, this couldn’t be any worse than my previous injuries that I managed to treat on my own. So why couldn’t he let me do it this time as well.

I didn’t know what it was that got me to jump into the shower so that I could clean myself, before I dressed myself in a new pair of fresh clothes, though all my clothes were soon all dirty, meaning that I needed to find a washing machine soon.

After twenty minutes had passed there was a light knock on the bedroom door, just like he said. I took a deep breath before I opened the door and saw him standing there. It was a bit weird to see him in something else than the school uniform.

“Ready?”

“Do I have a choice?” I asked him even though I already knew the answer; he wouldn’t let me go that easily. “No.” with that I watched how he extended one of his hands towards me, as if I would take it. Well, I didn’t. Instead I asked him where Sooni would be kept, she couldn’t be left alone. “She’ll be with Mrs. Woo.”

“Who?” I tilted my head to the side as he started to explain that it was a woman living on the floor beneath. I opened my mouth to say something, but I closed it immediately as I felt how his hands slipped into mine before he picked up Sooni in his other hand. What was he doing? Why was he suddenly being so protective and careful? It had to be because Sung Yeol told him to.

Once we had left Sooni at Mrs. Woo’s apartment we rode the elevator down to the ground level before we cached a cab. At least that meant that I didn’t have to be tossed around in a subway train and hurt my hand even more.

The cab ride was utterly awkward, none of us spoke. And once in a while the image of MyungSoo being so close to me would flash before my eyes and this feeling of confusion mixed with something else would enter my heart.

I shifted my head to the side and saw how he was frowning ever so lightly, was he bothered by the fact that he had to take me to the hospital or else Sung Yeol would be mad at him? Was that it?

When we reached the hospital it was crowded with people who were in need of help. This was surely going to take many hours. So after that we had notified the woman behind the reception that I needed a doctor to look at my hand we sat down on a couch next to each other. I wondered how long it would take before Mr and Mrs. Yoo got to know that I was here. And what would they do if they got to know that I came here with a boy.

I didn’t want to think about it.

Hours and hours passed by and I where starting to grow impatient at how long it was taking, but on the other hand. MyungSoo seemed to be even more bothered because he had already walked up to the woman and yelled at her, plus asking her why it was taking so long.

Then, after five hours of waiting a doctor came and asked for me. I started to fallow after him after that I had told MyungSoo to stay put in the couch. Once inside the room he started to ask me questions of where it was hurting and how I managed to hurt myself. Of course I didn’t include that it was because I got so startled when I saw MyungSoo so close that I ended up pushing myself off the bed.

The doctor then unfolded the bandage from yesterday before he asked me how I’d got the cut, and I told him that it was because I tried to pick up a broken glass. He nodded and then started to press his index finger around my wrist. And there was this special place where it hurt so much that I wanted to scream, but I kept it in and grimaced instead.

“We have to take an x-ray on your wrist.” He explained and then stood up. I watched how he brought this huge machine forward as he told me to rest my arm on it before he vanished out through the door. A few clicks could be heard before he came inside again.

“You can go out and wait; I’ll call you when I’ve got the results.”

I nodded and then exited the room after bowing my head. I looked at my hand the whole walk back to the couch and MyungSoo. It couldn’t be broken because then it would just hang there, right?

“Is it done?” I slumped down next to him and shook my head. “No, not yet, it might be something wrong with my hand. Though, I don’t know what it could be.” I stated as I let my head rest against the couch. I was starting to get hungry and to just sit around like this made me tired as well.

Tick, tock the time passed on, day was soon turned into evening and it was now already dark outside. Did it really have to take so long time to get the answers to why my hand was hurting? My tummy suddenly growled and I cheekily smiled towards MyungSoo since he stared at me weirdly.

“Wait here, I’ll get you something to eat.” MyungSoo stood up and disappeared. Carefully I placed my injured hand on my lap as I let a finger dance along the wound from yesterday. It wasn’t that hard to tell that it would turn into a scar once it had healed. I didn’t care; one more scar added onto my already bruised body was nothing.

A few minutes later MyungSoo returned with a sandwich and a cup of hot cocoa, which he handed over to me. But he hadn’t bought something for himself; shouldn’t he be hungry as well?

“Aren’t you going to eat?” I asked him as I started to peal of the plastic that the sandwich was wrapped in. “No.” his answer was simple and straight forward, but I couldn’t keep myself from feeling guilty. I know it was his choice to not buy something for himself, but it felt wrong either way.

So after that I’d got the plastic away I split it in half before I gently pressed the other half against his mouth. He stared at me for a while before he actually took it and ate. A small smile formed on my lips before I began to eat myself.

I guess that being taken care of MyungSoo wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be.

“Yoo Hwani?” a voice called out and I immediately withdrew the sandwich from my mouth and placed it, plus the cocoa down onto the small table standing right next to couch before I excused myself and fallowed after the doctor once again. But this time it was in to another room.

“Please sit down.” He motioned with his hand for me to sit down, which I did before he began to tell me that I had a crack in my wrist and that I would need a bandage to keep it steady. A crack, seriously, was it time to cry now? I watched how he started to bring out a bandage and tape before he started to wrap my left hand in it.

“You will need to keep this on for a month.” He explained, one month. At least it wasn’t my right hand, which I use to write with. Still I wished that this wouldn’t have happened. Could I blame MyungSoo, no I couldn’t because I was the one who told him to sleep in the bed. Once he had finished wrapping my hand into a bandage I bowed goodbye before I left to go and pay for everything.

“I’m want to pay.” I stated and reached over my card towards her when it was my turn, but instead of taking it she said that my boyfriend already had paid.

‘Boyfriend, I didn’t have a boyf – MyungSoo.’

I pulled my hand back and let my card slide into my pocket as I then strode up to MyungSoo who was still sitting in the couch, waiting. “Why did you pay?” I asked him since I didn’t want to owe anyone something, especially not money, “because it was my fault that your hand got hurt.” He looked up at me while speaking before he asked me how my hand was. I showed him and watched how his eyes enlarged when he spotted my bandaged wrapped hand. “Can we go know?” I was impatiently glancing around me; I wanted to meet my Sooni now.

And without further ado we left the hospital, only to take another cab so that we could get to their – Sung Yeol’s – I didn’t even know whether MyungSoo actually lived there or whether he was just a friend that was staying over.

“Um, d-do you live with Sung Yeol-sshi?”

“Mm, I do.” He didn’t turn to look at me when he answered and I nodded one time, as if to confirm that I actually heard right. ‘So, then what actually happened to you?’ I asked myself as I leaned my head backwards before I closed my eyes.