Twentysecond Chapter

My Cyber World

Three weeks had passed since I moved into Yong Sook’s place. Somehow it felt more relaxing to stay at his place than at Sung Yeol. Maybe it was because that I knew Yong Sook better than I knew him. Speaking of him and MyungSoo, I’ve barely seen them at all these past three weeks. But that was because I was avoiding the both of them. Well there were a few exceptions, like when we meet in the hallways but I just passed them by without looking at them.

Sangmin was still bothering me, but not as much as he used to. Had Sung Yeol’s actions really made it better? Maybe, but the person who wrote those things on the net was still doing it. Only that it was starting to get worse.

So every time I would log onto that page there was always new words written. Like that I should stay away from Sung Yeol and MyungSoo because they are not trustworthy and that if I still insisted with being around them. Then something terrible would happen. So I had no choice but to stay away, though I didn’t know whether that was because I didn’t trust them or the fact that they could be the ones suffering in the end.

But deep down, I missed them both. I missed Sung Yeol smile and the positive energy he radiates, and MyungSoo. I couldn’t put the feelings into words what I missed so much with him. There was just this strong feeling of longing.

School was only a long bother and a huge pain. Not only because I on a daily basis saw Sangmin, plus all those times that I just walked passed Sung Yeol and MyungSoo without even looking at them. When the fact was that I wanted to wrap my arms around them both and cling on for their life in an eternity. The only thing that lessened the pain was Yong Sook and Sooni. If it weren’t for them then I wouldn’t survive.

“Hwani?”

I stared up from my books and turned my head so that I was facing Yong Sook who was sitting in the bench next to me. “Didn’t you hear the bell, it’s time for lunch.” Yong Sook informed me. I had been so enclosed in my thoughts that I lost all my sense of hearing. After packing down my things I fallowed Yong Sook to the cafeteria.

Honestly, I weren’t that hungry so once he started to order the things he wanted I told him that I would go and take some air. “Ah, okay I’ll see you later then.” And with that I dismissed myself and began my journey along the hallways.

“Yah, Hwani.” I glanced behind me at the familiar voice before I started to run. I didn’t want to have anything to do with Go Eun, especially not after last time when she handed me over to Sangmin. That day he beat me up a lot worse than he used to and it was nothing that I wanted to experience ever again.

I was practically running the fastest as I could despite that I knew that you weren’t allowed to run inside the school. But anything was better than being thrown to Sangmin.

“YAH, STOP.” Go Eun was screaming in her high pitched voice and I cringed slightly when I looked behind me and saw that it wasn’t just her. But her two friends where also fallowing. The thought of what they were going to do to me once they caught me ran through my mind as I pushed the large school door open and rushed outside.

Where was I going to run now? The gates were closed, which meant that I had to hide myself on school property. A place with not so many hideouts, more like. The only hideout I knew of was the one that Sangmin dragged me into a few weeks back. With lack of a better place I ran towards it as I hoped that Go Eun would stop chasing after me.

Once I found it I carefully slipped my body inside as I backed up, I needed to see if they just ran by or if they actually saw that I stepped in here. Though, as I was taking a few steps backwards a hand clasped itself over my mouth and image of the last time flashed before my eyes. I couldn’t understand why Sangmin was everywhere. Why couldn’t he just stop bothering me and actually find a girl that wants him. It can’t be that hard when all the girls in this school want to be his girlfriend.

I was dragged further inside the alley, if you could call it that before I was pressed up against the wall and saw who it actually was. It wasn’t Sangmin, it was MyungSoo. What was he doing here? Didn’t he usually keep himself on the lawn or the rooftop?

He stared into my eyes and I found myself lost in them as I could hear how Go Eun was calling Sangmin’s name in the distance and I tensed ever so slightly. I blinked my eyes rapidly a few times when he took away his hand and told me to keep my mouth shut so that they wouldn’t find us.

But that didn’t seem to work as I saw how Sangmin, followed by Go Eun and her two friends stepped inside the alley. A huge smirk was playing on his lips and I knew that this was it. Sangmin was going to beat up not only me but MyungSoo as well.

“Awh, what do we have here, Hwani actually manages to get a boyfriend.” Sangmin, along with the girls laughed at his suppose to be joke as they crept closer until they were standing in front of us. My eyes widened when I saw how Sangmin raised his right hand into a fist and slammed it into MyungSoo’s face. I watched in horror as blood flooded from his lips and down on his blazer before I caught sight of Sangmin raising his fist once more.

Without hesitating I stepped in between them, before I wrapped my arms around MyungSoo’s waist and leaned my head against him with my back facing Sangmin. His fist hit me right in my back head and I let out a low yelp at the sudden pain that come rushing. And I found myself loosing the grip that I had around MyungSoo before I fell down on to the ground, my knees scratching against the asphalt.

It hurt so much that I only wanted to lie down and die. My whole head was thumping and it felt as if it was going to explode. I tried to stand up but as soon as I was standing straight the whole world around me was spinning and it felt like I was going to puke.

I shifted my gaze from the ground to Sangmin as I pleaded for him to stop. I heard how a low amused laughter escaped his lips before he harshly grabbed a hold of my shoulders. “Don’t ever do that again or next time you might not be so lucky.” He hissed at me before he squeezed my shoulders tightly and then let go. My sight blurred before me and I found myself closing my eyes so that it would go away. It didn’t.

“YAH!” “MyungSoo’s high voice got me startled and I saw how he stalked forward towards Sangmin who was still smirking before he punched him back. I watched amazed how MyungSoo continued to hit Sangmin until blood flooded from his mouth and one of his eyebrows.

“Don’t you know simple manners, never hit a girl.” MyungSoo snarled as he sent another fist against Sangmin’s already bruised face. “What are you doing?” I looked up at the unfamiliar voice and caught sight of a teacher, and a smirking Go Eun behind him. We were really in for it now, detention or worse, getting thrown out from the school.

‘Great, just great Hwani, you’ve managed to get MyungSoo involved in this mess.’

MyungSoo stretched his back and glared down on Sangmin who had fallen down onto the ground when MyungSoo let go of his collar. The teacher came forward and helped Sangmin up on his legs while glaring at the two of us, as it was our entire fault.

“You two, report to the principal’s office.”

I looked over and meet eyes with MyungSoo. He frowned as he wiped away the blood from his lips with the sleeve of his shirt. Once Sangmin was gone Go Eun walked up to the two of us and said that we would never get away with hurting the school’s kingka. Honestly I couldn’t focus on her speech because my head was still hurting and thumping like crazy and it was hard to even stand up straight.

“You okay?” MyungSoo suddenly interrupted Go Eun and I told him that I was alright and that it was nothing to worry about. Something that seemed to be a complete lie because when I took a step forward my legs collapsed under me.