Thirtythird Chapter

My Cyber World

My eyes fluttered open and I glanced around me, had I fallen asleep? I reached out from my phone and I stared at it in disbelief when I saw that it had already turned half six in the evening. How could I sleep for over six hours straight? Could I blame it on my heart, that I was overly exhausted by all the feelings inside me?

Either how, school had already ended and I knew Yong Sook would be worried since I didn’t show up at lunch as I promised. Since I still had my bandage around my wrist he would help carry my tray with food.

I stretched my legs since they were a bit stiff before I stood up and grabbed my bag. My stomach growled as I unlocked the door and stuck my head out carefully; just because the school had ended it didn’t mean that the school was empty. No, some students still had class until nine or ten in the evening. Honestly I couldn’t understand them, studying so many hours per day.

After that I’d taken notice that no one was around I pushed the door wide open and then hurriedly locked it behind me. I wanted to keep this place for myself since it was a perfect hideout that could be used in the future.

As I walked down the hallway I glanced to my left and saw a few people surrounding someone else. I stopped when I thought that I saw someone familiar. I tilted my head in confusion when I saw that it was Sangmin and a few of his friends. Why was he still in school, moreover who was the person he was troubling?

I hesitantly took a step closer towards them as I heard Sangmin’s voice. His tone was a mix of mocking and threatening. One could only mistaken as if it was me he was torturing because he used the exact same tone towards me.

My eyes widened in horror after that I had taken one more step and seen that familiar hair sticking up above Sangmin’s friend. Anger rose in me as I took another step closer towards them, and I was soon standing not that far away from them. Something that caused my heart to beat faster, I didn’t know whether it was the adrenalin or the fear for Sangmin.

“What are you doing?” I stated and immediately did I get the attention from every one of them, including Sangmin and MyungSoo. I noticed that MyungSoo mouthed towards me that I should leave.

“What do we have here, trying to save your boyfriend?” Sangmin snickered as his friends laughed with him. My heart was thumping frantically and it didn’t get any better when Sangmin closed in on me. I winched in pain when he grabbed a hold of my bandaged wrist and squeezed it tightly. It was hurting like hell and I began to hit his chest with my other hand so he would let go.

“LET HER GO.” MyungSoo roared and I froze, I had never heard him scream like that before. But Sangmin didn’t seem to budge and I saw how MyungSoo lunged forward, but was stopped by Sangmin’s friends who grabbed his both arms and slung him against the wall.

“Please don’t do this.” I begged to Sangmin like the pathetic person I was as tears began to roll down my cheeks. “Why?” he smirked as he tilted my chin upwards so that I was staring him straight in the eyes. He could never understand why I was doing this, he didn’t love someone so he couldn’t possible know how much MyungSoo mean to me.

“Because I like him.” I stated with the last confidence I had left as I glanced over at MyungSoo who was gazing at me; it didn’t take many seconds before I felt how Sangmin’s hand tightened around my wrist. “We’ll see how much he likes you after this.” he forcefully grabbed my chin and smirked slightly before he leaned in and pressed his disgusting lips against mine. I tightened my jaw and pressed my lips together as much as I could despite that it was hurting when I felt his tongue against my lips.

I was hitting him over and over again as I tried to free myself from him. More tears escaped when he let me go and pushed me against the wall. My back slammed into it harshly and I yelped at the sudden outburst of pain. I felt so ashamed that I couldn’t even look at MyungSoo.

“What should we do with you now?” Sangmin asked himself as he bended down and intensely stared at MyungSoo who scoffed. Something that I knew would piss Sangmin off, at least when I would do it. And just as I predicted, Sangmin flicked MyungSoo’s forehead hard before he turned his attention to me.

I sternly glared at him, but instead of flicking my forehead he just smirked and then grabbed a hold of my wrist again, but before he got the chance to squeeze it MyungSoo had peeled his hand away from me.

“Didn’t I already tell you to not touch her.” MyungSoo muttered as he swiftly got up on his feet’s before he sent a fist against one of Sangmin’s friends. The guy was sent towards the floor before MyungSoo continued with punching Sangmin’s friends until they all were lying on the floor, bleeding. I watched in awe as he walked up to Sangmin and smirked.

“You really don’t know when to stop, do you?” MyungSoo raised his fist and sent it towards Sangmin’s face and I closed my eyes waiting for the crash sound to appear. But seconds past by and it was complete silence, carefully I fluttered my eyes open only to see that MyungSoo’s fist was just inches away from crashing into Sangmin’s face.

Sangmin looked equally surprised as I was.

“I promise, if you ever bother Hwani again then you’ll never see daylight again. Do you understand?” MyungSoo seriously spoke and I saw how Sangmin without hesitating nodded his head, not one time, but three times. “Good.” MyungSoo lowered his fist and turned his back to Sangmin as he walked up to me.

“Let’s go.” I blinked my eyes at him after that he had reached out his hand towards me. I let my eyes wander around me before I looked back at his hand. I hesitated before I gently let my hand slip into his.

As we walked side by side I couldn’t hide that I was curious over why he had stayed to late at school, I had never seen him in school that late before, so why now? I stopped in my tracks and felt how his hand slipped out of mine as he continued to walk before he suddenly stopped and turned his head around.

“Why were you at school?” I questioned him and I saw how he let out a low sigh as he strode up to me. “Because you acted weird this morning and the text I got didn’t make me any smarter, and when I went to look for you during my break I couldn’t find you. So I waited outside the detention room but you didn’t show up and when I was about to leave Sangmin and his friends showed up.” he explained and I found myself smiling a bit over the fact that he was worrying about me.

‘This weren’t much for letting me go. But I couldn’t blame him, because I couldn’t let him – them go either.’