Second Chapter

My Cyber World

Finally I was home again, in front of my computer. And I where typing away on different kinds of forums. I discovered this world a few years back when I got my first laptop. It had been kind of awkward at first, to write so the whole world could see it. But that feeling later dropped, and now. I basically didn’t care what I was writing on the net.

There was a light knock on the door and I sighed, deep. I hated to be disrupted when I was sitting in front of the laptop. More like, I hated them. I hated the whole family I was living with, they didn’t care about Me. All they cared for was what other people where thinking about us.

With a heavy heart I dragged my feet’s towards the door, before I opened it. Much to my surprise, it was Sangmin, my brother. I stood no chance when he pushed the door open and strode inside, I could only watch in fear as he looked around with a smirk on his lips. That’s when he saw my laptop, and the forum that was open, my fear of him getting to know what I was doing where soon becoming true, if I didn’t do anything.

Without hesitating I ran over to my laptop and shut it close, before he actually saw what I reading, but it didn’t stop there. He took a step closer towards me; he was so close that I could feel his breath on my skin.

I froze when his hand came in contact with my cheek. I backed away immediately, and stared at him, I didn’t dare to do anything. Because I knew what he was capable of, I definitely didn’t want to relive the fear I where put through a few years back when he tried to me.

His smirk, it didn’t disappear as he closed in on me, yet again. I where about to turn around and run out from the room, but I didn’t get that far, because he grabbed my arm and swung me around and thus causing me to plunge into his chest.

“Hi sweetie” he mocked and before I knew it, he forcefully crashed his lips onto mine. In a second I tried to get away, I punched his chest as I moved around under his grip. Though nothing seemed to work, so I bit his lip, the hardest that I could, and that immediately caused him to break away. I stared in awe at his lip; it was bleeding, a lot. Soon, he noticed that too, and that’s when I regretted it. If I had just let him kiss me then the slaps and punches that fallowed, wouldn’t have occurred.

But I realized that too late.

His first punch hit me over the cheek, and then it continued for a few minutes, that until a key slid into the outer door. Our parents where coming home.

“No one will believe you” he stated in a mocking tone, before he left he planted a light kiss on my lips, as if that would make me forget about all the things he had done. On the other hand, he was right about one thing, no one would believe me if I said that he was beating me up. And treating me like some pet.

As soon as he stepped out from the room I swiftly locked the door, before I went to sit on my bed. I could feel how my whole body was soar. Blood was running down my face and down on my clothes. Something I had done for a long time, was to wash my own clothes so that no one would ask where the blood came from. Since that was definitely something they would see during their small amount of time they spent in the house. They never saw my bruises, well, once. But they let it slip, as if they hadn’t seen anything.

I sat there, memories of my past hunted my mind and I felt the urge to shout out loud, I wanted the whole world to know about how much they – everyone was hurting me, constantly causing me pain.

But no one had listened, not during my whole life had someone listened. As of now, I didn’t even try telling anyone, because it was just waste of time. But it hadn’t always been like that, at first, in the beginning of all this. When they had hit me the first time, I told the social worker and the ones that worked at the orphanage. But they didn’t listen, all they said was that they didn’t believe me.

They had said that the Yoo family would never do something like that, since they occasionally donated money to families with children who had it tough.

I soon got tired of it, trying to convince someone who weren’t even willing to listen. Why couldn’t the earth just swallow me here and now? So that I could disappear forever and never have to see Sangmin, Go Eun and everyone else at school.

My right hand travelled up to my face and it stung immediately, I cringed and swiftly pulled my hand away before I stood up and went to grab my first aid kit. I had bought one myself, just for this reason, when Sangmin or someone else had beaten me up.

Gently I cleaned the wounds with alcohol before I started to apply a gel that would make the pain and the swollen parts ease, before I put on some bandage. I had already decided to not leave this room today. Because Yeon Seo and Jaeyoon, my umma and appa would be home today before they would leave for USA tomorrow morning, it was rather unusual for them to spend the nights at home. Usually they would be on some kind of meetings on the other side of the globe or they where somewhere else.

That’s what life where when you owned a company. All the traveling, but I didn’t mind. More time without them only made me glad, if they could’ve just taken Sangmin with them, then everything would’ve been perfect.

But they never did, and I where stuck with that idiot. Luckily I used to escape his traps, but not every time, like today. Maybe I should put up a camera so I can see how’s knocking on my door. Though, I don’t think that camera would last long, the three of them would probably be fast with tearing it down.

As soon as I finished up with package myself in bandage I glanced at the clock on my phone, it was already late. And if I would be able to get up tomorrow for school, then I really needed to hit the bed, but not yet, I needed to post some more things before doing so.

What my family didn’t know was, that I kept a diary of what they where doing to me. I wrote exactly where they hit me and the date. And to make everything worse for them, I posted up pictures of my injuries.