Chapter 54

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

Luna woke up late and therefore it was after lunch that she got to visit the children in the orphanage. Life is easy and simple here. No traffic, no big buildings, not so much noise except for the music mother nature brings. She could easily fall in love with this place, but something is holding her back. And she knew it is something she has to settle first.

 

She was just about to enter the orphanage when one of the nuns greeted her. Her name’s Sister Agnes and her bright personality and smile always make her feel at ease.

 

“I’m glad you’re here,” Sister Agnes said as she took Luna’s hand and guided her inside. “I thought you would not come. The children are all waiting for you. And your boyfriend’s here as well.” Luna stopped at her track. “What’s the matter?”

 

“Someone’s here?” Luna asked.

 

“Yes,” Sister Agnes answered not noticing that Luna is getting nervous.

 

“He said he knows you, I remember your father telling us that a young man might be coming one of these for you. Is he the one you’ve been waiting for?” Sister Agnes said.

 

“Uhm, where is he?”

 

“He’s in there with the kids, he’s been here since early morning and insisted on helping with the chores and looking after the kids. He said he’s never been in an orphanage before and he wanted to help in his own small way,” Sister Agnes explained.

 

“I think I’ll just see him later,” Luna said.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“Yes, I’m fine. I just need to get some fresh air. Excuse me sister.” Luna quickly went out. She can’t see Minho now. Her heart beat is racing so fast she thinks she’ll pass out. She made it to the gate but the kids all chose to go out at that time and now they’re calling her name.

 

“Noona!”

 

“Unnie!”

 

She stood frozen on her spot, if she turns around she’ll see Minho. Is she ready to face him?

 

“Luna.” But that voice is different. It’s not Minho. She’ll know Minho’s voice in a minute, her heart would recognize it.

 

It was Taemin!
 

“Hey, Luna!” Taemin called her again and this time she turned around. She didn’t know what to feel but of course she’s glad Taemin is here.

 

“Taemin,” Luna uttered and a smile slowly showing on her once pale face. 

 

Sister Agnes appeared and called all the kids to have their snacks leaving them alone.

 

Taemin took small steps towards her still with a smile on his face and when he got near enough he pulled her for an embrace.

 

“I’m happy to see you’re well,” Taemin said. He was not able to say goodbye to her when she left for Jeju.

 

“Thank you Taemin,” Luna said returning the hug. “I’m happy to see you.”

 

Taemin laughed a little when she said this. “Are you sure you’re happy? It looks like you were expecting someone else.”

 

“No I’m n-not,” Luna immediately replied.

 

“You’re still a bad liar you know,” Taemin teased. “Minho’s not in Seoul though. Father asked him to attend some conference in Singapore. I don’t know when he’ll be back.”

 

“Oh is that so,” was all Luna could think of to say. “How are you?” She asked just now when it should have been the first thing she’d have done.

 

“I’m fine, after everything that happened I feel like I’ve been given another chance to really live my life. I’m not like my brother, from when he was young he was trained to become successor. I never had the burden that he has. Although our father didn’t really force him, hyung wanted to be that son. Hyung knew what he wants from he was young.”

 

“And what do you want Taemin?” Luna asked kindly.

 

He smiled at her. “I plan to go on a trip after college.”

 

“A trip?”

 

“Yeah, I don’t know where yet. I want to see the world. Experience living away from all the comfort my parents gave me since I was young.” He was determined, Luna could see that.

 

“Then I wish you luck Taemin.”

 

“Thanks,” he said. “I learned that life is too short to waste it on what ifs. Those times when we wish we could have done something better, regret is such a waste of time. We may lose things, or loved ones but it does not mean we have to stop living.”

 

Silence fell over them for a moment.

 

“Hyung bought a house,” Taemin said after a while. “It was the first thing he bought from all the salary he got from the first time he started working for dad until now.” He looked at Luna expecting her to say something but she didn’t. “He bought it after the day you said you were marrying Seunghyun.”

 

Luna looked at him, disbelief written on her face. “Why would he do that?”

 

“He has faith in you. He knew despite all the lies you really love him. He knew you’d come back to him. Hyung is not an expressive person, he’s not much to talk as well. And he does not want anyone to see him when he’s down. He may have said things to hurt you before but he was hurting more for you.”

 

Luna’s eyes became wet, and her lips trembled. She thought she was the only one heartbroken.

 

“He’s still waiting for you,” Taemin said as he wiped the tears on her face.

 

“I’m so stupid,” Luna said and Taemin let her sob on his shoulder.

 

Because she was hurting too much she forgot that she’s not alone. It’s not only her who lost something. Instead of reaching out for him so they could comfort each other and heal together she turned away. She left him to deal with his own feelings. She didn’t know just how selfish she has been, only thinking of her pain. And with all the pain she felt she thought it’d be better to forget about everything. But that could never be true. Minho loves her, he loved her when she was down and she was at her worst. He believed in her even when she had stopped believing in herself.

 

“Taemin, I want to go back to Seoul now.”

 

_

 

He spent three days working as hard as his body and mind would allow. He buries himself in work hoping to miss her less but at night when he closes his eyes her face is the only one he sees. He didn’t know it’s possible to miss someone so bad he could even draw her face anywhere.

 

He was glad he’s back in Seoul. At last he’s in the same country as she is. It’s funny how being away from her makes him want to stay as close as possible even when he can’t see her. But the fact that she called gave him hope. There’s still hope for them and for that he’ll gladly wait until she’s ready.

 

His mom greeted him when he arrived home. “You look really tired son, didn’t you sleep at all?”

 

He answered when she finally decided to let of him. “I’m fine mom.”

 

“You need to stay here and rest, no more work for you or I’ll shut down your father’s company,” she threatened and pulled him in.

 

He learned Taemin is out and his dad is in the office.

 

“Have you heard from Luna?” he was caught by surprise. His mom never really asked questions when the incident happened. She accepted the explanation he gave them and supported his decision to let Luna be on her own.

 

Minho drank some water before talking. “Uhm, yes she’s doing fine.” He had to lie. He didn’t want to worry her.

 

“That’s good then,” his mom said. “When is she coming back?”

 

“Soon,” was all Minho said and he was thankful when his mother didn’t ask another question about Luna. After eating Minho excused himself saying he wanted to rest. So he went up to his room and took a quick shower. He didn’t know he was so tired that when his head hit his pillow he instantly fell asleep.

 

It was almost dark when Minho woke up with a call from Taemin.

 

“Hyung where are you?” Taemin asked right away when he answered.

 

“I’m home,” Minho got up from the bed and checked the time.

 

“Hyung I’ve never asked you for anything right?” Taemin said. Minho has a feeling that this is the time that his younger brother would ask him for a favor. “Did you know what mom did when you were away?”

 

“Uhm no. What is it?”

 

“She set up a date for me!” Taemin blurted. “And it’s tonight!”

 

“O-okay,” Minho could not figure what he has to do with this date.

 

“Hyung, I promised mom I’d go. She made me promise hyung, you know how she.”

 

“Taemin I don’t really get where this is going, why don’t you tell me what you want from me?”

 

“I need you to go to the date for me,” answered Taemin.

 

“What?” Minho thinks Taemin lost his mind. How could he go on a date? And it’s Taemin’s date!
 

“Please hyung, just this once. I’m actually not in Seoul right now or even in South Korea,” Taemin confessed.

 

“Then where are you?”

 

“I can’t tell you, but you’ll know when I get back. Please hyung, this is the only favor I’ll ever ask,” he said. “I really would have gone if I could. And I don’t want to upset mom, she’s been down lately.”

 

Minho knew that, part of the reason why their mom feels lonely is Luna.

 

“Okay I’ll go, but what if mom finds out?”

 

“I’ll handle it,” Taemin replied happily. He gave Minho the address where he’d meet the girl but he didn’t say what her name is. He said he’ll know once he gets to the place. So he dressed up and tried to look as good as possible. He didn’t want to let his brother down, at least.

 

He was lucky his mom went out so he didn’t have to explain to her why he’s going out dressed formally. He didn’t bother for a driver and just drove his own car. It was easy to find the place even though it was his first time there. It was really beautiful as Taemin described, he liked the idea that the place is full of flowers and plants. A waiter greeted him as if they knew he was coming. The place might have been booked just for this date, he thought.

 

He took his time walking, Taemin said he should enjoy the night. Well he’ll try, but he could not really fully enjoy the night with another woman when his heart already belongs to Luna. Then Minho wished he didn’t think of her. Now his mood has dampened and will affect the night. Will Luna think he’s cheating if she sees him tonight with another woman? It‘d be cute to see her jealous.

 

Minho stopped at his tracks, he thought the girl was already waiting for him because he has a feeling someone is watching him from a distance but he was wrong. The table for two is still empty. So he sat and took a sip of water.

 

Ten minutes passed and the girl still did not arrive. It was almost time for the date but maybe she’s running late. Another ten minutes and the girl still did not show up. Now she’s late.

 

And then he heard footsteps getting nearer. It must be her, since the light in the restaurant went dim for effect with only a few lamps for light. This might be his their idea of a dramatic effect.

 

Then he saw the figure of a girl walking towards him and he knew. His heart knows. He stood up immediately but he did not move from his spot. It might just be his imagination from missing her too much.

 

“Minho…” the voice that he had longed to hear for so long. She’s finally here. 

 

_____________

You know who she is....

I actually updated two fics today... but not the TUNA fic. 

Time check: 1:46 am and I'm still awake and will probably be until sun rises ^^

 

added just now:

WHY IS TAEMIN IN WGM? SERIOUSLY!!???!??!?! WHY HIM?

i'm not hating on his partner but i never ever thought he'd be put in that show! SM really broke my heart for the second time... not as much but yeah I'm affected because i'm writing it here... and yes my TUNA feels is slowly shrinking... i'm having a headache!