Chapter 21

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

 

He was still laughing when he heard a knock, it was Mrs. Jung giving them back their dried clothes.

 

"Thank you", Minho said.

 

"My husband has already sent for someone to check your car and it’s all good now, have some breakfast with us first before you leave."

 

Mrs. Jung left them again and Luna came out of the bathroom while he had already changed back into his own clothes.

 

She was just standing by the bathroom door not moving at all.

 

"Come here", he said to her. She still did not move. "Come on, I'm not going to do anything 'kay? I'll just check your foot."

 

"It's fine", she said still refusing to do as told.

 

"Just sit here", Minho said patting the spot next to him. "Come on before I change my mind and attack you." He said that to get her moving and it worked just as he thought. "We can buy another pair of shoes later."

 

"No it's okay, it doesn't really hurt now and I'm getting use to them really", Luna said not wanting for him to spend money on her again.

 

"Are you sure?", he asked testing her and she nodded her head.

 

They had breakfast with the couple and thanked them again for their hospitality.

 

"Come and visit us sometime", Mrs. Jung said.

 

"Maybe I'll do another portrait for you", Mr. Jung said.

 

"Thank you", Minho said to the couple. Soon they were on the road again driving to the city that's when Luna remembered something she should have done last night.

 

"What is it?", Minho asked when he noticed her being uncomfortable.

 

"I forgot to call home yesterday."

 

"You're worried you'll get scolded again because of me?"

 

Luna did not answer.

 

The ride back home was quiet with the two lost in their own thoughts of the things and events that happened between them within the last few days.

 

Luna was surprise when Minho chose to send her home first she thought he'd dropped her off somewhere and let her go home on her own. She was even surprised when he stayed beside her.

 

"Thank you."

 

"For what?", he asked. They were outside their house waiting for someone to open up the gate.

 

"For bringing me home."

 

"Silly,” he flicked her head gently. “I was the one who invited you to come with me and that's why you were not able to go home yesterday. You would not be out here if not for me."

 

They were lucky that only Krystal was home. She sent dagger stares to Luna when she saw both of them but gave a smile to her Minho oppa.

 

"Luna go change for school I'll wait for you here", Minho told her.

 

"School?"

 

"Yeah, are you planning on ditching class again?", Minho much to Krystal's surprise.

 

Luna made her way to the stairs when Minho followed her.

 

"Oppa come have breakfast with me first", Krystal offered.

 

"We already had breakfast", Minho said to Krystal kinda dismissing her. "I want to see the new clothes." He said it like a command and which Luna could not refuse. So she let him follow her to her room.

 

She slowly opened the door and Minho got in after her then locked the door. She turned a questioning look at him.

 

"Krystal might come up", Minho said in defense. Luna opened the only closet she has now full of new clothes courtesy of Minho.

 

He nodded his head several times when he saw the clothes which would mean that he approved of them right?

 

She told him that Key and Amber bought two dresses for the party and told her to let him pick. He ended up picking the one Key bought. And he also chose another one for her to wear today.

 

"Wear this one", Minho said getting the clothes he picked out and handing them to Luna.

 

"This one?", Luna said. It was a simple outfit however since it's blouse and skirt she felt like she would not be comfortable wearing them.

 

"Yeah that one, you always wear jeans and shirts. It's ugly. Besides you have to use these”, he said indicating the clothes and other stuff he bought for her.

 

Okay that kinda hurt coming from him. He does not have to say ugly right at her face. Luna reluctantly went to the bathroom to change. She heard him talking to someone on the phone though he can't hear what they were talking about. She carefully did her hair to match the outfit but gave up after a while since she can't properly fix her hair.

 

Luna found Minho sitting on her bed reading a book. She completely panicked thinking he was reading her journal.

 

"Done?", Minho said without looking at her. She nodded her head but felt like an idiot since he can't see her.

 

"Yes", she answered. He turned towards her looking at her bare feet then up to her legs going to her neck then to her face. Talk about awkward here. She wanted to ask him how she looked but restrained herself thinking he'd never compliment her ever.

 

"Let's go", he said and stood up.

 

"Wait I don't have my shoes", Luna hurriedly looked for a pair. Minho helped her and got doll shoes for her.

 

"Wear this, your foot's not completely healed yet", Minho said and handed her the shoes.

 

"Thanks", she smiled in spite of herself.

 

 

_

 

 

She already missed 2 classes but was glad that she can attend the rest. Minho specifically told her to not miss lunch. Her foot still hurt but it feels much better than yesterday. The bell rang and she quickly got out of the class. Some of her classmates were surprised to see her with her old style gone. She was careful with her clothes thinking that Minho might not like it when she ruins them. She was admittedly clumsy especially when she paints.

 

"Luna", she turned towards the soft voice calling her.

 

"S-sulli?", Luna said when she saw the other girl which looked like a doll with her hair done. She was not overly dressed, just right or perfect if you might call it.

 

"Glad you remember me", Sulli said. Luna smiled at her. She noticed some girls whispering behind Sulli. "Uhm having lunch?"

 

"Yes", Luna answered now completely aware of the two girls whispering behind Sulli's back. The other girl caught this too and turned towards the whispering girls.

 

"Great. I'm hungry too. Do you mind if I join you?"

 

"No...", Luna hesistantly said. And Sulli grabbed her free hand.

 

"I'm glad I saw you today", Sulli said and they walked together.

 

Sulli was completely unaware of how uncomfortable she feels and continued to tell her about her day like they were old friends.

 

"Luna." Before they could arrive at the cafeteria Minho had already spotted them.

 

"Minho", Luna said.

 

"Oppa", Sulli said at the same time. Luna could only look at the two of them staring at each other. After a few seconds Minho looked away and turned to Luna.

 

"Let's go", he grabbed Luna's hand.

 

"Wait oppa!", Sulli was quick to stop them. "Please talk to me."

 

Minho remained still not looking at her.

 

"Oppa please, just give me a chance to explain", Sulli said almost like begging Minho. "Please oppa, just give me a chance."

 

Minho turned cold eyes to her and he gripped Luna's hand in the process. "I don't have time for you besides I have a lunch date with my fiancée."

 

"But oppa please -" Other students had already stopped and watched the three of them. "Please oppa I won't bother you again just let me explain please."

 

Luna felt the chill when she saw Minho turned his hate-filled eyes to Sulli. Sulli was speechless as well seeing that look on his face. She backed away and Minho left with Luna.

 

_

 

"Minho wait!", Luna said at last. He was dragging her all over the place not really knowing where to go. It's like he didn't know what to do anymore and just wanted to get away from Sulli.

 

"What?!", he bellowed at her which startled her. She forgot what she wanted to say and only felt the pain on her wrist which was still locked in his grip. He felt her wince and realized the tight grip he has on her wrist. He let of it right away but did not say sorry. That's the last feeling he would have right now for anyone.

 

"Why were you with her?", he asked directing his anger and frustration at Luna.

 

"I met her the other day, she helped with my things and then I saw her earlier when I was going to the cafeteria", Luna explained.

 

"Do you know her?"

 

"Sulli, her name's Sulli."

 

Minho smiled bitterly hearing her say her name.

 

"Is she your ex-girlfriend?", she dared to ask and regretted it the moment she said it.

 

Minho was dumbfounded she asked that he could not even answer her. How dare she ask him this?

 

“Don’t ever think that just because you’re my fiancée that you have the right to pry onto my personal life. If you still want to remain as my fiancée don’t ever ask me this again or talk about her or even see her. Everything about her is not allowed. You got that?”

 

She was looking straight at him seeing the hatred written all over his face. How could he feel that much hatred towards someone he had loved before? If everything Amber said was true then Minho must have really loved her to hate her this much.

 

Both of them fell silent for a while until Taemin came.

 

She barely sees him in the campus but was glad to have some distraction right this moment.

 

"Hyung", he called Minho.

 

"Taemin."

 

"Did you not receive dad's call? He's been trying to call you", Taemin said at once. Minho checked his phone and true enough he had missed 5 calls from their father. He called his father right away.

 

Taemin smiled at Luna the moment Minho left to have some privacy while talking to their dad, Luna returned the smile and thanked him again for the books.

 

“Is there anything wrong?”, Taemin asked her the moment Minho left. He spoke softly compared to his older brother. “Luna, are you okay?”

 

“Neh…”, she answered after a while. “I’m good.”

 

“You don’t look good? What happened? Did the two of you fight?”

 

“No, it’s not like that. I’m okay really”, she tried to smile but found it hard to so she just avoided looking into Taemin.

 

“You’re a bad liar you know”, Taemin said half amused and half worried of her.

 

Minho returned then and told Taemin that he’s meeting their father. He didn’t even say goodbye to Luna nor look at her.

 

“Did you eat lunch?”, Taemin asked and Luna shook her head. “Aigoo, no wonder you don’t look okay. Come on let’s grab something to eat.” He grabbed her hand without a thought and felt good about it. He’s not doing anything illegal, she’s gonna be family soon and it’s better if they bonded.

 

_

 

Luna can’t help but laugh at the story Taemin just told. He was telling her some of his misfortunes when he was a kid, being the youngest and growing up with Minho along with their cousin Amber and their other three friends. He was always labeled as the maknae which bothers him a lot.

 

“Key hyung would always nag at me telling me how to dress properly, you’d think he’s some stylist”, he chuckled with Luna who also remembered how Amber and Key fought over her outfit.

 

She’s glad Taemin is with her right now.

 

“New clothes?”, Taemin asked looking at Luna.

 

“Neh, your brother bought me a lot of new ones”, she admitted. “He said that since I’m his fiancée I need to look like one.”

 

“I like you either way”, Taemin said.

 

“Bwoh?”, Luna thought she heard wrong.

 

“What?”, Taemin said surprised at what he said too but can’t take them back. He’s a man after all. “I said I like you either way, your clothes never bothered me before.”

 

“But you got to admit these one look better right?”, Luna reasoned. She felt good hearing this from Taemin but something in her wanted to defend Minho and how he bought her clothes.

 

Taemin nodded at her. “Do you like hyung?” It’s silly to ask her this but he asked anyway.

 

Luna caught his eyes and looked away. Why is he asking her this question. They were talking about childhood stories then clothes then this. What’s the connection? Can’t they talk about food or books?

 

“I… well I don’t know”, Luna said. It would have been easier to say no but as Taemin said she’s a bad liar and he’d know.

 

“Does he treat you good?”, he asked again.

 

“He yells a lot”, she answered and smiled bitterly. “I don’t get him. He’s nice one second acting like he cares then next thing you know he’s acting cold again.”

Taemin saw how her face became sad again thinking of Minho maybe he shouldn’t have talked about him and continued talking about clothes or school stuff.

 

“Uhm so you got clothes for the party?”, he asked to lighten the mood.

 

Luna smiled to his relief and happily told him about Key and Amber’s contest on choosing her dress for the party.

 

Taemin listened with half of his heart. Luna said she does not know if he likes Minho but that's as good as saying she likes him. 

 

____________________

 i'm glad u liked the last update even though it's short  

i'm trying to "re-organize" the story now and maybe i'll do another update later or tomorrow...

HAPPY READING

 

^________________^