Chapter 52

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

“Please do something, save them. Please save them!” Minho begged the doctors and nurses who had attended to Luna, Mr. Park and Taemin.

 

Mr. Park was hit by the car, he tried to save Luna by pushing her but the car was just too fast. Minho saw everything with his own two eyes. Luna tumbling down the cold hard road like paper the car knocking her down.

 

Taemin got hit by Seunghyun’s gun and he’s now at the operating room.

 

Seunghyun was arrested.

 

“Doctor how’s my father and sister?” Krystal asked as one doctor came out of the emergency room.

 

“He’s out of danger but we still need to monitor him. So the woman is your sister?” The doctor asked.

 

“She’s my fiancée,” Minho immediately provided.

 

“She’s not responding well, we’re trying our best –”

 

“Please doctor save her, please I beg you,” Krystal cried hysterics and Onew caught her before she fell on the floor. “Please do anything…”

 

“She’s still unconscious, we’re doing everything we can –”

 

“Doctor the patient’s heartbeat is dropping!” A nurse came out and both of them rushed inside the emergency room.

 

Jonghyun arrived with Key and Amber.

 

“Taemin’s out of danger,” Amber announced. “How’s Luna…?”

 

No one answered. Minho was too afraid to voice out Luna’s condition. He was thankful Taemin is okay now. Their parents had been notified and Mrs. Park is also now waiting for her husband.

 

“Luna please…” Krystal sobbed. “Save her, please save her.” Onew had her in his arms. No one wants to leave even when all of them are still wet from the rain. Minho also has blood on his clothes as well as Onew and Jonghyun.

 

Minho uttered a silent prayer. A prayer to keep her here beside him, a prayer for another chance with her, a prayer to let him get back everything that he had lost. A prayer to let him love her again.

_

 

When Luna woke up it felt like the world changed around her. She knew something was not right. That her heart is missing something she could not quite understand. She tried to remember the last time she was awake but her mind is still blurred. It took a lot of effort to just move her fingers. Her body is still weak but her mind is starting to awaken. She must have been asleep for quite some time. Finally she was able to turn her head to her right, she felt someone stir. Someone is sleeping beside her.

 

Then everything suddenly came back, like flood trying to drown her.

 

Minho telling her to leave. Running away. Calling Minho and telling him she’s pregnant. Then her father appeared telling her to go with him. Then came Seunghyun’s face!

 

“No…” she moaned and the person beside her stirred again this time waking up.

 

“Luna…?” It was Minho after all. “Luna you’re awake, thank goodness you’re awake.” He caressed her face. “Luna, wait I’ll call the doctor.”

 

“Minho,” Luna called her before he could move a step farther. “Appa, how is he?”

 

“He’s okay, actually he’s about to be discharged tomorrow. Taemin’s fine too, he left the hospital two days ago,” Minho supplied still with a smile on his face. Their prayers are answered, Luna’s awake. That’s all that matters and nothing else.

 

“Minho…” she called him again and he can now see the tears.

 

“Wait what’s wrong?”

 

“The baby,” she said but didn’t continue. Minho swallowed a lump on his throat. He turned away, not wanting to see the pain in her eyes.

 

“Luna, I’m sorry.”

 

Those words broke her heart even more. She knew something was not right the moment she woke up. It couldn’t be.

 

“NO!” she cried and tried to get up but Minho reached for her in time. He enveloped her in his arms giving her strength. But nothing could ever prepare her for the lost. Her baby, her hope is now gone.

 

“No! You’re lying! I need to see the doctor! I don’t want to see you!” Luna continued to trash in her bed.

 

“Minho what’s happening?” Krystal came just in time.

 

“Krystal call the doctor quick!” Minho ordered still struggling with Luna. She was still too weak but she’s using all her strength to get free of him.

 

Finally the doctor arrived with two nurses and they calmed Luna down. Minho and Krystal waited outside.

 

“What happened?” Krystal asked.

 

“The baby…”

 

“You told her?” Krystal’s face was aghast. “You should have waited first.”

 

“She asked me about it. And I couldn’t lie to her. I can’t.”

 

The doctor came out of Luna’s room. “She’s asleep again. We can’t let her be stressed. I know this is going to be difficult but she needs all the support and love she can get from her family and friends. We’ll check on her later,” the doctor left with the nurses.

 

“This is all my fault,” Minho muttered. He’d been telling himself that all this time and was prepared to take all the blame but seeing her pain wanted him to just erase everything done. To just undo the past, just this once. To get everything back to where they were before.

 

He was not even aware that she’s pregnant. Didn’t they do the test? How could it had come out as negative? Why is fate playing with their lives? Why give them an angel only to be taken away?

 

“I didn’t know too,” Krystal confessed. “She didn’t say a thing, and I assumed that it’s all because of stress and loneliness. If I’d known I would have left with her. I would have done anything to just protect them…” Tears are all useless now, she could not cry in front of Luna. Onew said that time would heal all the wounds but how much time would they need to get all their hearts fixed?

 

“Father found out about our plan eventually,” Krystal continued. “He was suspicious already and decided to check. He had the chance when both of were not around. From what mom said my dad read Luna’s diary. She had a bunch already, since she was a child she’d been writing a diary. She didn’t have friends. Always talking to the helpers, mostly to our gardener and cook. She poured out her heart on her diary. I don’t really know what it all says but a miracle happened and my dad became a real father for maybe the first time in his life. He found out about Seunghyun’s plan and that Luna’s pregnant. Dad and Seunghyun fought.”

 

“So they were both looking for Luna that time?”

 

“Yes, mom was calling me the whole time but I didn’t take her call. I thought she’d just make me stop and come home.”

 

“Well it’s good that your father now thinks of Luna as his daughter.”

 

“Actually oppa, I feel like father’s still keeping something from me. But mom said it’s better if I don’t know. Seunghyun would surely rot in jail. He could use all his money but we’ll fight him. It’s like he’s turned crazy, always saying that he was just protecting Luna and their child.”

 

If Minho had his way he’d do more damage to Seunghyun. Amber said that whatever damage he’d do to Seunghyun would only hurt him more. But he wants to do something, anything just to get back at him. For every tear Luna cried and probably will cry. For every pain she felt, for every word that broke her heart. For the loss that they’d forever feel. He’d gladly kill Seunghyun in the most gruesome way and when he’s done he’d do it all over again.

 

But he’s actually more angry at himself, for being stubborn and only thinking of himself. He should have discarded his pride. He should have listened to her. She came to him twice but he hurt her instead. How could he face her again knowing that he was the reason why they no longer have their baby?

 

He promised her happiness but he was actually the one who took it away.

 

_

 

Luna woke up after another dream, she’d been having the same dream every night. A dream where she could hear a baby’s cry and she tries so hard to get to it but every time she’s so close the baby’s cry stops. And she’s left alone.

 

Yes, it was just a tiny being inside her. Not even three months old, but to her the baby had been real. She pictured what it would look like once it was born. Even thinking as far as making up names for her baby. It was her only connection to Minho. It was her only guarantee that she’ll never be alone again. All her life she’d been wanting to be loved by the people around her, by the people she lived with. It was a hard journey and she’d cried and suffered along the way. But when she finally had the love she wanted she knew that every pain she felt were all worth it. She thought nothing could go wrong again in her life. And she was even given a miracle, her baby. But all of it were taken away again.

 

How could she face Minho now? She would not be surprised if he blames her for the loss of their child. Because she was a coward.

 

How many more tears would she cry, she does not know. Every tear is a reminder that she’s still mourning. Her heart will never be full again.

 

“Luna…?” It was Krystal. She promised Luna that she’ll come by today. She was told that everything in school has been taken care of. And when she’s finally all healed she can go back.

 

“Oh you’re here?” Luna said but did not manage to smile. It was so hard to stretch her face for that one smile.

 

“Have you had your dinner?” Krystal asked and Luna nodded her head. It has been two days after Luna had woken up. She was unconscious for almost four days.

 

“Luna, uhm… actually I saw Minho outside –”

 

“I don’t want to see him now.” Luna avoided Krystal’s eyes. “I’m sorry but I’m tired.”

 

“The nurse told me that he’s been here since this morning.” Krystal said but didn’t push. She knows Luna is still hurting. But she feels like avoiding Minho would not help Luna or both of them. Isn’t it better to talk it all out? Onew told her that each person has a way of coping with pain and that Krystal should respect that. Minho said he’d wait forever if that’s how she wants it. But Krystal feels that if they keep this up they’ll only end up losing each other. Absence could do a lot in a relationship, especially as frail as the one Luna and Minho has now.

 

“Appa has taken care of Seunghyun. You don’t have to worry about him hurting you again.” Krystal decided to tell her.

 

Luna nodded her head again. “I know.” Her father has taken a 360 degree turn for the better. She didn’t know what exactly changed him and she does not really care. For all the time she was ignored, it feels so good to be loved by the first man she’d ever wanted to be loved. Her father visits her every day and calls her. Her stepmother is still the same but Luna does not mind.

 

“You already forgave father right?” Krystal asked.

 

“Yes,” Luna replied finally facing her sister again.

 

“Then why can’t you forgive Minho?”

 

They fell silent for a moment, just looking in to each other’s eyes.

 

“It’s not that I can’t forgive Minho.” Luna spoke first.

 

“Then why? Why won’t you see him? Why won’t you talk to him? Isn’t it better for the both of you to sort things out?”

 

“What’s the point?” Luna said life finally coming back to her blank eyes. “What’s left for us Krystal?”

 

Krystal saw the pain in her sister’s eyes, no it’s more like she felt it.

 

“You don’t know how I feel. The baby kept me sane, gave me hope.”

 

“Minho –”

 

“I never blamed anyone Krystal. I wish I could but I can’t, it was all my fault. If I was just strong enough…”

 

“Luna,” Krystal called her. “You already know how it was like losing him. Do you want to live without him?”

 

“Does he even want me?”

 

“Of course, you think he’d just wait forever outside for nothing?”

 

“He only pities me, or maybe he’s guilty as well. I don’t know.”

 

“You don’t know because you won’t talk to him. You’re hurting him and you’re hurting yourself more.”

 

“I can’t Krystal.”

 

“What do you mean?”

 

“I don’t think I can even look at him without being reminded of the baby we lost. You don’t know what I see when I close my eyes. I can see her face. I thought my baby would be a girl you see. I can hear her cry. Everything feels so real.”

 

“You think leaving him would be a better choice?”

 

“Look at what happened when we’re together? Love is not everything you need in a relationship. Minho and I had so much of that. But look where it got us?”

 

“Luna…”

 

“I’m sorry Krystal, I want to be alone. I want to rest.”

 

Krystal stood up when Luna turned away from her. It hurts to see her sister defeated like this. “Okay you rest now. I’ll come back tomorrow.”

 

Luna only opened her eyes once she heard the door closed. Another night will pass. Will Minho still be there tomorrow? How many more days will he wait? How long could he endure?

 

The next day, Amber and Key were her first visitors. They brought her beautiful flowers and fresh fruits. Amber even offered to wash her hair and face. Their visit was short but Luna was able to smile. They didn’t say anything about Minho or asked her about how she feels about everything. They were just there to accompany her.

 

Then Onew, Jonghyun and Krystal came. Like Key and Amber they didn’t say anything about Minho. Krystal stopped convincing her. She was glad to see Onew taking care of Krystal. Jonghyun even teases them telling them they could give Key and Amber a run for their money. They stayed until late afternoon and only said goodbye when she said she was already tired.

 

She woke up around 8 in the evening to find her father sitting beside her bed reading a book.

 

“Appa…?” It feels so good to finally call him appa.

 

“Oh did I wake you?” Her father asked and set the book aside.

 

“No but why are you still here?”

 

“I just came by to check on you,” her father replied. “The doctor said you could go home tomorrow.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Actually, I asked him if you could travel and he said it’s okay as long as it’s not too far. You could rest for another day in the house and we’ll leave for Jeju the next day. That is if it’s okay with you. The doctor said a change of scenery would be good for you.”

 

“Oh really…” Luna thought she could use that.

 

“But what about school?”

 

“Don’t worry about it. Just think of getting better okay?” he reached out and fixes Luna’s hair. “I never told you this but I’m glad you took after your mother. Every night she’ll check on you when you were already sleeping. She was always worried about you. And I know she’s very proud of you.”

 

“You think so?”

 

“I know so. Just look how brave you are. And how much love and kindness you have for your failure of a father.” Mr. Park his eldest daughter’s cheek a gesture he stopped doing a long time ago. “I don’t deserve you or your forgiveness but I’m glad you did.” Luna was so full of love even without him. Her caring mother and doting grandfather filled the gap that he should have fulfilled. Even without him Luna grew up as a wonderful child. Being ignored never gave her a reason to hate him. Krystal whom he showered love grew up to hate Luna, even with all the attention she got from both her parents Krystal showed signs of jealousy over every little thing Luna has. He even stopped looking at Luna at some time. Because he wants to give Krystal everything. Instead of letting his two daughters grew up close they ended up being as far away from each other as possible. However seeing them now really makes him proud. Somehow in all the mistakes and sins he made, he must have done something right to have a daughter like Luna.

 

“Appa what are you thinking?”

 

“Nothing…” It was just unfortunate that this has to happen before he finally realized just how bad of a father he has been. He even caused Luna to lose her child. “Luna I know you don’t want to hear this but actually Minho is still waiting outside.”

 

Luna’s heart skipped. So he was still outside? He’s still waiting.

 

“I think he really loves you…”

 

“I don’t know appa… maybe I still need time.”

 

“Okay then. We’ll get you out of here tomorrow then you’ll stay in our house for a day then will go to Jeju after.”

 

 

____________________

I would have updated sooner but my laptop tripped... but it's fixed now so hurray!

be kind and give me comments please...