Chapter 50

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

 

Okay so this maybe the last time Sulli would appear in this story. I actually planned to have her be more involved in the story but it didn’t go as planned. 

 

When was the last time he thought of her? Did he completely forget? Was she erased from his memory? Doesn’t he remember the reason? The reason he loved her before?

Sulli watched as Minho emptied another glass of scotch. He was alone and he had been drinking for some time now. Minho has great tolerance when it comes to alcohol and right now she’s sure that Minho is not yet drunk.

She wanted to watch him just from afar but her feet led her to him again and now she’s right next to him. He didn’t even glance at her. She doubts if he even knew it was her. This is all because of Luna. She knew he was drinking to forget that stupid girl.

“Minho oppa,” Sulli calls him and Minho looked at her. “Stop drinking.”

“You should just join me instead of saying those words,” Minho said and offered her a glass instead.

Did he drink this much when she left him before? Did he look this lonely and desperate?

“Oppa why don’t we go drink some coffee or tea instead?” Sulli tries again.

“If you’re not going to drink then just leave me alone.”

“Why are you doing this just because of that girl? She already chose another man. Just forget her, find another one.”

Minho snorted and drunk another glass. “Find another one? You mean you?”

Sulli looked at him and shook her head. “I know you won’t open your heart for me again oppa. But you need to get over her and just forget Luna. Forget her just as you have forgotten me.”

Minho laughed at this. “You think that was easy? Forgetting the person I love?”

“Oppa…”

“Forgetting you was one of the hardest things I had to do, but I did. I don’t know how to do that again. I should be an expert right? But my heart just won’t erase her. Every time I try, I only end up falling deeper. I’m crazy right?” He ordered another bottle of wine.

“You really love her that much?”

As though a knife had stabbed her heart she felt pain she’d never thought she’d feel. This is the man she had exchanged for money. This is the man she had let go. And this man now loves another woman.

“Oppa, I don’t know if telling you this is going to help –”

“Minho!” Jonghyun shouted right behind them and Sulli was so startled she dropped her glass and some of its content spilt on her dress. “Oh sorry to startle you Sulli. I was just glad I found this guy.”

“Excuse me,” Sulli said and rushed to the ladies room. When she came back Minho and Jonghyun were gone. Maybe fate had not allowed her to help Minho even once. And in his memory she’ll forever remain the woman who caused him pain.

_

 

It’s been three days; Minho ignored Luna as though she does not exist. As though she never existed in his world, she was not even a memory. Jonghyun called her saying he found Minho. She hurried to get to Jonghyun’s apartment without telling Krystal. She needed to tell him everything. She should have told him in the beginning but she was afraid. She’d always been afraid. But now that she has another life to take care of she needed to be strong.

“Luna,” Jonghyun opened the door and let him in. “Uhm maybe you should just go back in the morning.”

“Why?” Luna asked trying to see if Minho is around.

“He’s inside my room and he’s quite drunk. I don’t think now is the best time for you guys to talk.” Jonghyun grabbed her hand when she walked towards his room.

“It’s okay Jonghyun, don’t worry.” She smiled at him and though Jonghyun was still hesitant to let her go he released her hand.

The door to Jonghyun’s room is ajar and she could see Minho sitting on the only chair in the room with his back on her.

“Minho…” she called him and he instantly stood up at the sound of her voice. He looked like he had been drinking for days. And she could actually smell the stench, she restrained herself from vomiting. “Minho, can we talk please?”

“You’re already talking,” he replied eyes on her, accusing, emotionless and heartless.

“A-about my engagement t-to Seunghyun –”

“Are you here to make fun of me?” Minho grumbled. “What? Your fiancé decided to cancel the engagement because he no longer wants you? Is he tired of you? Is that the reason why you’re here? Are you going to beg and ask me to take you back again?”

“No, t-that’s not the reason why I’m here. I’ve decided to not marry Seunghyun –”

“Ha!” Minho interrupts again. Luna had practiced what she wanted to say in her head a lot of times but right now she could not even start it right. “So you made another decision again? Like you decided you no longer want me? You’re really something you know.”

“Minho please just listen…”

“I maybe be drunk but I’m not a fool Luna. Don’t you remember what I said last time? You no longer mean anything to me.”

“No please don’t say that. I need you –”

He moved closer to her making her feel a lot smaller she held back the tears she needed to stay calm. He’s just drunk. “You need me or you need money?”

“No it’s not that Minho just please let me explain everything. My father was the one who decided to cancel our engagement. You already know that his company needs funds. I don’t know what Seunghyun promised him to cancel our engagement but he did. And if I don’t marry him, he’d let Krystal marry Seunghyun.” She breathed out thankful that she got that part out.

“Whatever, it does not matter. Just leave, I want to rest.”

“Minho didn’t you hear –”

“I heard you okay? i want to rest so leave.”

“No you don’t understand.” Suddenly Minho pushed her and she fell back on the bed.

“You want to sleep with me again is that it? What do you want this time? Maybe you need money?” He took out his wallet and pulled out all the bills he has throwing them on the bed. “I know this is not enough so I’ll just write you a check later after we’re done.” He got down on the bed trapping Luna below him. “I’m glad I didn’t get you pregnant you know. A baby would just complicate things. And you might use it against me.” He didn’t know what made him say those words but it just came out. He didn’t want to be weak in front of her.

Luna slapped him. “How could you say that?”

Minho stood up eyes not looking at her. “Leave.” He said and turned his back on her.

“Minho, I’m sorry I didn’t mean to hurt you –”

“I SAID LEAVE!” he shouted earning a flinch from Luna. She ran out of the room. Jonghyun was still at the living room where she left him and he quickly stood up when he saw her running.

“Luna where are you going? What happened? Are you okay?”

“I’m fine. Thank you for everything, I have to go.”

"No wait!” But before Jonghyun could stop her Luna had ran out of his apartment.

_

 

After a quick cold shower Minho got out of Jonghyun’s room only to meet a glaring Jonghyun in the kitchen.

“Cleared up your mind?” his friend asked and gave him a cup of coffee. He usually does not drink coffee but the look on Jonghyun’s face is telling him to take it and just drink it.

“You’re done being stubborn now?” Jonghyun asked him again but before he could answer Jonghyun spoke again. “I’ll ask you one last time. Just tell me the truth; whatever your answer is I won’t interfere again. Yes or no. Don’t you really love her anymore?”

Jonghyun’s phone rang before Minho could say a word. “It’s Krystal.” Minho turned to him. “Hey Krystal…”

Minho listened to their short conversation.

“She’s looking for Luna.” They both checked the time. And it’s now close to midnight. She left hours ago. “Where did she –” Minho did not even let him finish and just rushed outside.

Jonghyun quickly followed Minho, he still drunk a lot and even though he may look okay he knows Minho can’t drive without a clear mind.

“Hey I’ll drive!” He shouted right before Minho could get into the car.

_

 

They went around a few blocks searching for Luna but did not find her. Krystal told them Luna left her phone. Minho’s beginning to worry and the fear he was trying to ignore is now eating him up.

“We’ll find her,” Jonghyun said again. He’d been saying that over and over trying to calm both of them.

Then Minho’s phone rang. The number is not registered but he quickly answered the call.

“Hello?”

It was Luna.

“Luna –”

“Please just listen to me Minho. Just give me a minute and please just listen, I promise not to bother you again after this,” it was clear to Minho that she’s crying and struggling to get the words out. “I don’t know if you’ll believe me but I never planned on ruining your life. I know it’s my entire fault because I’m just too weak and didn’t trust you completely. But I’m just afraid. Please understand. Minho I’m pregnant.”

Minho’s world stopped.

“I’m so scared. I don’t know what to do anymore. I’m pregnant Minho…” he could hear her sobbed on the other line and he desperately needs to get to her.

“Luna where are you? Tell me.”

“It hurts so much.”

“Luna –”

“It hurts so much that you don’t love me anymore.”

“Luna –” Another man’s voice said her name and Minho felt his whole body froze. He’s not sure who it was. “Luna who’s that? Who’s with you?” But the line went dead.

 

It took me a long time to decide who this person could be… Can you guess? And I had an argument with myself on how to end this story. Of course you guys want a happy ending right? *mischievous grin” My heart is telling me to end it this way but my mind is telling me to end it that way. HAHA I’m just playing… please continue to read until the very end. Thanks a lot for your support. Your comments keep me alive :)