Chapter 44

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

It’s been four days since he last saw Luna. Four days since he last talked to her. His parents had come home from their trip and they had met with Mr. Park. He had to summon all his self-control throughout the whole meeting. He knew Luna’s father was testing, or more like punishing him for the way he had handled things. He never regretted doing that though, what he regrets is not loving Luna sooner, for being stubborn.

Mr. Park said he was sorry he could no longer continue doing business with them. As if Luna’s life is a damn contract. His mom told Mr. Park that they should also consider his and Luna’s feelings, but Mr. Park only dismissed this saying Luna does not hold any affection towards him. He later found out that Mr. Park offered his father some money as compensation for any trouble he had caused. But his father refused it. Luna no longer attends school, Krystal said Luna is still not allowed to go outside of her room. Her mom is always in the house so she could not sneak in.

“Minho!” he looked for the owner of the voice and found Key standing not far from him. “Luna!” he later shouted again after catching his breath. Minho quickly stood up from where he was seated.  “Luna she’s –“ then Jonghyun appears from nowhere running towards him with a silly grin on his face.

“Luna’s back!” Jonghyun said at one go earning him a glare from Key.

“Yah, I was going to say it just now!”

“No you’re not, you took forever.”

“Where is she?” Minho asked them before a fight breaks out.

“She’s at the cafeteria with Krystal and Amber,” Jonghyun said before Key could speak.

“Yah! I was going to answer –” but Minho didn’t hear the rest of it. He ran as fast as he could to get to the cafeteria and among the sea of people he readily recognized Luna.

“Luna,” he said and the three girls stopped talking at once. Amber and Krystal smiled at him. But Luna remained on her spot, she didn’t even turned to him. “Luna –”

“I have to go,” she said startling not only him but the other two girls.

“Bwoh?” both Amber and Krystal said. She grabbed her bag and without a glance at him left the cafeteria. Minho stood on his spot his heart suddenly stopped beating.

 

_

 

Minho waited outside Luna’s class. He waited with an aching heart. There must be an explanation why she had acted like that earlier. At last the bell rings and students started to get out of the class. No one took notice of him standing there just beside the door, and if they had he didn’t care at all. As he had expected Luna was the last one left in the room. He didn’t wait for her to get out though he came in and approached her.

“Luna,” he called her. She was startled when he spoke but when she turned around it was like her eyes were void of any emotion. “We need to talk,” he said.

“There’s nothing to talk about,” came Luna’s reply which caused him even more pain.

“What’s happening to you?” he asked trying not to grab her and hug her.

“My father had decided to cancel the engagement. We’re no longer getting married.” She said this with so much calm on her face.

“We can still convince him,” he told her. “You don’t need to worry. I’m sorry I couldn’t get to you. Everyone was against me going to your house and demanding to see you. I wanted to get you out of there the moment I knew what happened. But everyone said it’d be better –”

“Minho,” she cut him off. “It’s okay. You don’t have to explain anything. You don’t have to bother with me anymore. I’m no longer your fiancée. I’m going to marry Seunghyun.”

“Bwoh?”

“I had agreed to marry Seunghyun.”

“What are you saying?”

“Everything was a show,” she said. “We needed your money, that’s the reason why we were engaged in the first place. But we could get more from Seunghyun’s grandfather. You see unlike you, Seunghyun is his grandfather’s only heir. He does not have any sibling. We’ll get more from this deal.”

He knew in his heart that everything is an act. This is not Luna.

“I’ll make everything okay again,” he said.

“I told you we’re no longer getting married –”

“I love you,” Minho said looking straight into her eyes. She looked away and closed her eyes for a moment. “Just trust me Luna, I’ll fix everything.”

“You don’t have to,” she said with her head bowed down. “You can’t.” She grabbed her bag but before she could get away he pulled her and enveloped her in his arms.

“Don’t do this,” he said burrowing his face into the softness of her hair.

She just stood there as stiff as a stone after a second or two she pushed him off.

“You’re no longer my fiancé,” she said. “So please don’t do this anymore.”

 

_

Minho stood there even when Luna had left minutes ago. He could not believe everything that had just happened. That was not Luna, surely she couldn’t have changed just like that. She loves him and he loves her too. How could she look like she does not care at all?

And suddenly it hit him, she’s doing this for her father’s sake. He could understand that she does not want to hurt his father but what about him? Sure they could still do something. He ran after her. He could not just let this day end without clearing things up! Onew called him when he passed by but he ignored him. He needs to find Luna. At last he found her standing just outside the school as he slowed down a car stopped and out came Seunghyun. He could undoubtedly saw the smile on his face when he saw Luna. The way he her cheek when he got near her. Luna just stood there like she was obviously waiting for him.

Minho continued to walk towards them and Seunghyun noticed him, their eyes locked. He wanted to punch the smile off his face. And the moment Seunghyun’s lowered his face he knew what he was about to do but still nothing could have prepared him for what he saw. Seunghyun just kissed Luna. Sure it was just her cheek but still his lips touched her. The dirty bastard!

He didn’t know it until his fist landed on his face and Seungyun was sprawled on the pavement.

“Minho!” Luna cried. He was glad she didn’t say the bastard’s name.

“Don’t ever touch her!” Minho bawled. Students are already staring at the scene they had made and Onew got to them too. “I don’t know what you’re really up to but don’t play with our lives you bastard!”

Seunghyun stood up rubbing his chin where Minho’s face connected. For a guy who’s face just got banged he still managed to look smug and grinned at a very angry Minho. “Give it up Choi. She’s mine now.” Seunghyun made an attempt to grab Luna but Minho was quicker. He pulled Luna beside him. “Do you really think it would be this easy?”

“Stay out of our lives!”

“Ask her then,” Seunghyun ordered.

“What?”

“Ask her who she wants to be with.”

Minho turned to Luna and then to Seughyun. He didn’t want to succumbed to this feeling. Luna loves him of course she’ll choose to be with him.

“Luna –” He didn’t even get to finish Luna pulled out form his grasp. She took a step away from him. Another step and she was beside Seunghyun. “NO!”

“See?” Seunghyun said with triump on his face. “I told you she’d be mine. Remember that game of pool we had? You should have not come back for her you know.”

“Luna why are you doing this? Are you crazy?!” Minho could no longer take it. He grabbed her shoulders and shoot her harshly.

Onew took a step towards them but Amber caught him before he could get any closer.

“I no longer need you,” Luna said coldly. “We all know why we got engaged. You don’t even like me from the start. You even planned to ruin me so you could get out of the engagement. Now you got your wish. Seunghyun and I will get married. And that’s that.”

“What about us?” Minho asked.

“There’s no us. I don’t love you Minho. Everything I did was for show. I was just following my father’s order. And now that we no longer need you there’s no need to play games anymore.”

“You heard her,” Seunghyun said with a smirk. “Later loser.” He said as he guided Luna to his car. Minho stood there and watched as the car leave, taking his woman and his heart.

 

_

 

 

 

“I never knew you could act,” Seunghyun said with a glorious grin on his face. “Did you see his face when you said that everything you did was for show? Ha! That jerk sure took a hit. I’m sure he’ll probably lose sleep tonight.”

Luna could only hear half of what Seunghyun was saying. Her own heart is aching with a pain she never felt before. The look on Minho’s face would haunt her forever. The pain in his voice and the way he said her name. She held everything in, not one tear escaped her eyes.

“I’m so proud of you baby,” Seunghyun said and she cringed. He her hair still smiling. “You did a great job earlier. But this is only the beginning. I want that stupid bastard to feel so much pain he’d want to kill himself.” Luna turned to him with shock on her face. “What? Is it bad of me to wish he were dead? I told you i hate him right? You should support your husband.”

“We’re not married yet,” Luna said.

“What? You want the wedding tomorrow? I could arrange that too,” Seunghyun said. “But where’s the fun in that? I want to torture that arrogant bastard more. And you’ll help me do that my princess.”

 

_

 

“What did you say my sister did?” Krystal asked Amber and Onew.

“Do we really have to say it again?” Amber said annoyed at Krystal.

“But it couldn’t be true,” Krystal said.

“You tell us then,” Onew said. “You’re with Luna, you live in the same house.”

“Well I told you I was not allowed to see or talk to her. My mom was always guiding the door.” It took her by surprise when her mom finally let Luna out. She looked thinner of course but she didn’t actually notice any changes aside from that. “I need to go, I have to talk to Luna first.” Before she could leave though Jonghyun arrives saying he just saw Luna and Seunghyun at a restaurant.

“Did I miss something?” Jonghyun asked and Amber just rolled her eyes signaling Onew that it was up to him to tell Jonghyun everything.

 

_

 

Hi everyone. I would still greet you a "MERRY CHRISTMAS" even though that was 2 days ago. it's the 27th here. I've realized the fic is more than 40 chapters now when I only wanted it to be like 30 the most. Hope you readers would still wait for this fic.

I'll do another update this week. I'm stil getting accustomed with my new eyeglasses. Did I ever tell you I lost the old one?

Sulli would show up again for sure and of course Seunghyun.  I'm itching to finish this fic since I badly want to write a new one. And it'd be TaeminXLuna fic. Readers of Hate to Love You Love to Hate You, I'll update that fic too :)

Have you guys watched the trailer?  onewaytwosay- made it

Again as always I'd still ask for your comments.. and thank you for voting ^^

This is random but TVXQ just celebrated their 9th year in the industry. ^____^

OKAY THIS IS GETTING LONG SO I'D HAVE TO SAY BYE FOR NOW