Chapter 19

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

 
There she is looking as beautiful as she was when he last saw her. There's something in him that clicked when he saw again even though he tried to deny it. Is it the same feeling he felt for her before? 
 
Minho looked away when Sulli looked in his direction. He can't let her see him. He only wanted to see if it's real, if she really is still alive. After 2 years of not contacting him. She's finally back. 
 
His phone rang again and it was still her calling him. 
 
Should he answer it?
 
Could he take hearing her voice without wanting to go to her?
 
He once swore he'd never succumbed to this feeling. How could one call affect him so much?
 
 
_
 
 
"What happened to you?", Jonghyun asked his friend. He had to cancel his date just to be with him. He sure knew there's something troubling him, he just don't know what.
 
"She's back."
 
Jonghyun knew who Minho meant. It's Sulli. 
 
"You saw her?"
 
"She called me", Minho answered taking another gulp of his beer.
 
"And...?"
 
"Nothing."
 
"What do you mean nothing?"
 
"She just called."
 
"What did she say?"
 
Minho took his time and did not answer right away. Jonghyun knew his friend is having a hard time and let him be.
 
"She wanted for us to talk, I don't know maybe explain why she left or something like that."
 
"You saw her right?" Minho nodded. "But she did not know you were there?" Minho nodded again. "What are you going to do now?"
 
"Nothing."
 
Jonghyun was not surprise that Minho said that. This is really hard for him, he would not be here drinking if Sulli does not affect him anymore.
 
"You can't avoid her forever Minho."
 
"What do you what me to do then? What do you think I should do?"
 
"Talk to her. Let her explain, hear her side. And from there make your decision."
 
"Nothing will change."
 
"Are you sure about that?" Minho did not answer so Jonghyun went on. "You were with Luna earlier right?"
 
"How did you know?"
 
"I saw them, she was with Amber and Key. You left her with them when you received that call. You can't go on like this Minho, if you still have feelings for her or if you don't feel anything at all you've got to face her. That's the only way you'll be sure. You'll be getting married to Luna once we graduate. I know you were hurt when she left. You've got to end this with her. If you don't really feel anything for her at all, tell her. For everyone's sake, you've got to settle things with her."
 
 
_
 
 
"Need help with that?"
 
Luna turned when she heard someone behind her. She saw a tall girl smiling at her and before she knew it the girl already took some of the things she was carrying.
 
"Oh, thanks. You don't have to bother, I can manage", she said but the girl only smiled at her.
 
She was actually thankful that someone helped her since she twisted her ankle last night while practicing. She was walking with the 3-inch shoes Amber bought, (of course with Minho's money) she needs to wear this at the party and since she's not used to wearing them she needs to practice walking wearing the shoes.
 
They continued to walk side by side and Luna noticed some students looking at them or rather at the girl walking beside her. She looked so small beside this girl, she got great skin and long legs too not to mention a doll-like face.
 
"Uhm, here's my locker", she said to the girl. "Thanks." 
 
"No problem, I'm glad I could help you."
 
"Thank you."
 
"You're welcome. By the way what's your name?"
 
"Luna", she answered.
 
"I'm Sulli", the girl said.
 
"S-Sulli?"
 
 
_
 
 
Is she Minho's Sulli? Fate must be playing with her. 
 
"You look pale. Are you okay?", Sulli asked.
 
"Yeah, I'm f-fine."
 
Her phone rang and she got startled. This is the first time that someone called her. And she was not surprise to see who was calling her.
 
"My fiance, that's cute", Sulli said as she saw who was calling Luna. "Sorry just got curious. Why don't you answer it?"
 
And just like she said. Luna answered the call. "Hello...?"
 
"Where are you?", Minho's voice sounded cold again.
 
"Uhm, I just deposited some things to my locker."
 
"Meet me at the exit gate", and he ended the call.
 
Sulli was still watching her when she finished talking to Minho. 
 
"I got to go", Luna said. "Thanks again."
 
"No problem, I hope to see you again Luna."
 
 
_
 
 
"What took you so long?", Minho greeted her with a frown.
 
"Sorry." She mentally blamed her injured foot. She's always too clumsy.
 
"Get in", Minho said still annoyed that she made him wait. Always too slow. "We're getting a present for mom." He actually forgot to get one since he was too preoccupied lately. And what upset him the most is he found out Sulli is now back in the university. Why can't she just disappear again?
 
Luna just followed him behind limping. He did not notice this at all since his mind is somewhere else. He wanted to prove to Sulli that his life went on without her.
 
"Uhm where are we going?", Luna managed to ask after some time when she noticed they were driving away from the city.
 
"Just out of town, we'll get back before midnight. I had a portrait done for my mom", Minho said. It was done a few days ago but he forgot to pick it up, it's a famous artist who made the portrait and it took him time just to get the artist to agree and make the portrait for his mom. 
 
Luna wondered why he still need to take her with him when he could just go by himself it's not like she'll be any use to him.
 
Minho knew it would not take long for Sulli and Luna's path to cross and it would mean trouble for him. He can't afford to lose the deal now that he had already gone this far. From what he knows their parents are getting ready to sign the contract and that would mean they'll get the funds and once it's done he'll be free. He'll make any excuse just not to marry this girl. He turned to look at Luna only to find her sleeping.
 
 
_
 
 
"Luna...", Minho tried to wake her again she was so deeply sleeping that it took some shaking for her to wake up. "We're here." 
 
Luna looked around and saw a small house with a beautiful garden in front and the place is surrounded with trees. She got out of the car and followed Minho who had already reached the doorstep. She saw him knocked three times before an middle-aged woman opened the door. Minho bowed towards her and greeted her, he then turned towards her and notice for the first time that she was limping.
 
"This is Luna, my fiancee", he introduce the two ladies.
 
"Good evening", Luna greeted the older woman and received a warm smile contrary to the frown shown on Minho's face.
 
"Come in", the woman said. "He's already waiting for you."
 
"Sorry to come so late, we had classes", Minho explained after greeting the other man.
 
"It's okay, you're just in time for dinner. Why don't you stay and eat with us?"
 
Mr. Jung and his wife were warm and friendly and made Luna feel comfortable. They were childless couple and lived far away from the city just like Mr. Jung likes.
 
"My mom would love this", Minho said once he saw the portrait. "Thank you."
 
"You're welcome", Mr. Jung said. "Your mom's beautiful just like your fiancee."
 
Minho looked at Luna who shyly smiled at the older man.
 
Dinner was served and Luna was glad they stayed, the food was terrific. She saw Minho smile again for real while talking to the couple. If only he could smile like that to her as well. She remembered Sulli, the girl she met earlier and wondered if she's the same girl that Minho loved. 
 
They said goodbye to the couple and thanked them again for the portrait and the wonderful dinner. It rained once they got inside the car but it won't start.
 
"", Minho muttered under his breath.
 
"What's wrong?"
 
"It won't start", Minho said and after trying again and again he finally gave up. They got out of the car and made a run for the house.
 
"Omo what happened?", Mrs. Jung asked while she ushered them in.
 
"The car won't start", Minho responded.
 
"That's not a problem. You can stay here for tonight", Mr. Jung said. Minho knew they don't have a car since Mr. Jung hates driving.
 
"The last bus had already left 30 minutes ago", Mrs. Jung added when she noticed Luna was about to ask her something. "Don't worry, we have an extra room and we can lend you clothes."
 
"One room?", both Minho and Luna asked.
 
"Omo, you're a couple and will be married soon", Mr. Jung smiled knowingly. "You'll soon stay in one house and in one room."
 
"I'll just go prepare the room", Mrs. Jung hurriedly left them.
 
"I'll go help", Luna said after sometime still with her face blushing. She saw Mrs. Jung getting pillows and a blanket. Just one blanket.
 
"Sorry for disturbing you", Luna said but the other woman just smiled at her.
 
"I remember when I was young and we were a new couple", Mrs. Jung said as she straighten the sheets. "You two look good together."
 
Luna just smiled at her not really knowing what to say.
 
"That young man came to us four months ago asking my husband to paint his mom", Mrs. Jung related. "My husband does not really paint people, he likes sceneries or the nature but Minho was persistent even offered him a big amount. But my husband declined."
 
"How did he convince Mr. Jung?"
 
"A month or two after, he came back with the saddest face I've seen. He said he's making something that will surely break his parents heart. I don't know what he meant by that. He said he wanted to give his mom a present she'll never forget just something to make her happy."
 
Luna looked more confuse now.
 
"You might be that reason."
 
"What do you mean?"
 
"Minho said he's going to do something he wants and disobey his parents. That explains why you're here. He's going to marry you even if his parents oppose, right? He really must love you."
 
Luna does not know what to say and was glad when Mrs. Jung did not ask her for some answers. The couple got it all wrong. Minho would be breaking his mother's heart not because he's going to marry her but because he does not plan on marrying her at all.
 
They heard a knock on the door. Minho had already changed his clothes. Mrs. Jung handed Luna some clothes too. She was glad to have an excuse not to face Minho and went to the bathroom to change.
 
"We'll let you rest now, goodnight", Mrs. Jung said.
 
"Thank you", Minho said and finally closed the door. He sat on the edge of the bed and waited for Luna. She came minutes later still limping. She looked at him when he patted the space next to him telling her to sit beside him. She did as he wanted and noticed the small kit beside Minho.
 
"What happened to your foot?", he asked while he crouched on the floor and examined her ankle.
 
"I tripped."
 
"You're too clumsy", Minho said. "What were you doing?"
 
"I was practicing on walking with the shoes Amber chose for your mom's party", Luna answered.
 
Minho looked up to her and saw her wincing in pain. "Why did you not choose another pair of shoes then?"
 
"Amber said those heels would look good with the dress." He had finished putting some ointment on the swollen part and it soothed her injured foot.
 
"Why didn't you say anything about this earlier?", he asked again when he finished attending to her foot. She did not answer this time. "You sure know how to keep yourself suffering." Minho stood up and place the medicine kit on the table beside the bed. 
 
Luna felt so uncomfortable being in one room with him. Even if they're getting married she can't still picture herself being his wife in every sense.
 
"There's only one bed and I don't want to sleep on the floor."
 
"I'll sleep on the floor then."
 
"Don't be silly, we could both sleep on this bed it's not like we're going to -" Luna looked away before he could finish and he ended up laughing. Luna was surprise to hear him laugh like that.
 
"What's funny?"
 
"You. You're funny", Minho said still trying to keep the laughter in. "Look I'm not going to do anything to you okay? To be honest you don't really look appealing especially with those pajamas on."
 
Luna knew what he meant and somehow got annoyed at him. Minho noticed this too and was amuse to see Luna annoyed for the first time. 
 
"Wae? You want me to like you?"
 
"Bwoh?"
 
Minho decided to play a joke on her. He sat beside her again and pushed her on the bed.
 
"Yah Minho -"
 
"Shhh... they'll hear you", he said quickly put one finger on her lips to shut her up. Luna gripped on the sheets and looked straight into his eyes. What will he do?
 
Minho leand closer to her and pressed his body to hers, Luna was not quick enough to push him or even put her hands against his chest. Minho quickly grabbed both her hands to prevent her from pushing him.
 
"Minho what are you doing? You said you're not going to... that were not going to..."
 
"Going to what? That I'm not going to what Luna?", he made sure his voice was husky enough. "We can do it if you want to."
 
"Yah, get off me", she said weakly.
 
"You don't really mean that do you?", he said while looking at her lips.
 
Luna was sure she meant what she said but her body is telling her otherwise, her heart is thumping like crazy and she was sure Minho can feel it too.
 
And before she knew it Minho had already covered with his and had his right arm around her back. Luna was too surprise and it did not help that he took her breath away. With every touch of his lips and every carress he makes against her skin her heart beat would raise and her mind stopped functioning. The world completely stops when his lips are on hers. 
 
She closed her eyes and knew that she could no longer deny what she's feeling. This feeling of being weak whenever he's around. She's not sure if this is love or what but one thing is definite, no one had made her feel like a woman but him.
 
 
_
 
 
Minho sure did not expect her respond to him. She kissed him back for the first time and that got him. It was easy to tell that she was inexperienced given the sloppy way she kisses him back. Maybe she's trying to play him too.
 
He pulled her closer and broke the kiss but went lower just on her collarbone to on it. He heard her gasped when he did that and he made sure he'll leave a mark on her. He succeeded on scaring her and she was now pushing him off with both hands.
 
"I thought you want to play?", he teased and kissed her again full in the mouth but Luna was ready now she bit his lip and he was completely caught off guard that he let go of her right away.
 
"", Minho muttered when he saw blood coming out. "Yah!" Before he could grab her Luna had already ran towards the bathroom and locked the door.
 
 
____________
 
@valentina: thanks for always commenting :) and i like the taemin-luna pairing too ^^
 
@SMNoel189: seems like u also like taemin-luna pairing kekeke :)
 
@BeatBoxer: haha.. Jjong likes Amber... do u want him to like someone else? LOL
 
@TujaTheNinjafish: Sulli has to appear sorry to break your hearts girls .. kekeke.. the story would get more complicated now
 
@bibibe: :) what does ur username mean? 
 
@ParkMiyoung: LOL Jjong liking Key? haha..
 
@shiny_luna: i'm also quite excited about this turn with sulli appearing.. 
 
@jaques_yona: LOL u actually didn't see that coming with  jjong liking amber? hehe.. 
 
hope u guys like my update...
happy sunday!
 
i'm still trying to connect the story so please be patient with me! ^^
love u my dear readers!