Chapter 27

My Unwilling Fiancé

"Luna!", someone called her and the voice seem familiar yet strange when she looked back it was Seunghyun the guy who almost kidnapped her. What could he want from her?

 

"Luna!" He called her again and she walked faster but he ran to keep up with her.

 

She was about to get in the campus when he stopped her. "Wait I just want to talk for a while."

 

"Sorry but I have a class", Luna replied trying to pull away from him.

 

"This won't take long", Seunghyun said. "I just want to ask if you got the flowers I sent last time."

 

"Flowers?", Luna remembered the flowers in her locker. So it was him who sent them.

 

"So you got them", Seunghyun smiled seeing recognition on her face. "Did you like them?"

 

She brought those flowers back home and it was now in a pretty vase inside her room. She shuddered thinking those flowers were from him.

 

"I just want to say sorry for what happened last time, I'm really sorry for how I acted and for hurting you", he said sincerely.

 

Luna felt unsure of how to respond to this so she just nodded her head and made an attempt to go again but Seunghyun grabbed her arm. "Luna, can we talk for some more? I really feel sorry and I want to make it up to you. How about lunch?"

 

"Uhm, it's okay. I accept your apology and you don't have to treat me lunch or anything. I have to go", Luna said and was glad when Seunghyun did not make another attempt to hold her back.

 

She walked so fast she was not even aware of Onew calling her. Onew had to run just to keep up. "Luna", he said when she finally slowed down. "You dropped this." He showed her the handkerchief he picked up.

 

"Oh thank you Onew", she said catching her breath.

 

"You were walking too fast, more like running I guess", Onew said smiling at her.

 

"Sorry about that", she said.

 

"Jonghyun told me you'd come to our rehearsal later", they fell into a conversation about their upcoming musical. Onew was so passionate about this saying that he really loves to sing and perform and it's the only way he can since he'd be handling the family business once they leave the school. They said goodbye to each other going to their class.

 

_

 

Jonghyun knew something is wrong once she saw Luna. She was staring into space not really touching her food. He found her eating alone in one of the benches near the arts building.

 

"Luna", Jonghyun called her again. She'd been spacing out ever since she arrived. She was not even watching them. "Are you okay?"

 

Luna smiled weakly. "Yes, sorry about that, I was just thinking."

 

"It's okay", Jonghyun smiled at her before looking back at the stage where the other students including Onew were practising. "It's about Minho right?"

 

"Eh? No it's not-"

 

"Come on you can talk to me about him, he's a friend and you'll be marrying him soon. I want to help, actually I kinda feel guilty about getting your first kiss."

 

"Bwoh?", Luna was surprised to be reminded of that kiss again right this moment where her mind is crowded.

 

Jonghyun chuckled seeing her face. "Ahh, I'm just kidding. But seriously what's bothering you?"

 

Luna felt like she won't be able to escape him so she told him about meeting Sulli.

 

"So Amber told you of Sulli before?", Jonghyun asked. Luna also told him of the incident just yesterday in the cafeteria. She told him everything and waited for what he has to say.

                                                                                                              

"I find that hard to believe, I mean Mrs. Choi is one of the nicest people I know", Jonghyun said. "Sulli might be -" Jonghyun was not able to finish what he has to say because Amber arrived rushing to their side.

 

"Luna did Minho contact you?”, she asked right away not even bothering to greet them.

 

"No, is something wrong?", Luna said feeling her heart break.

 

"Minho did not go home. He turned off his phone and we could not contact him at all. Have you tried calling him?", Amber said and Luna tried to call Minho but shook her head after a moment.

 

“Is it about what happened yesterday?”, Luna asked at last. Amber had no choice but to tell her about everything, it would not help if Luna was kept in the dark after all she already knows about Sulli.

 

"I heard them fighting", Amber said. "I've never heard him that mad before. It's really horrible."

 

Luna could not help but feel pity towards Minho. He must have been hurt a lot knowing that his mom had to do something with Sulli leaving him.

 

“Where could he be?”, Amber said to no one in particular seconds after Taemin arrived.

 

“Did you contact hyung?”, he asked the three but all of them shook their heads no.

 

“He’ll show up when he’s ready”, Jonghyun said. “He always does, just give him time.”

_

 

Luna had never felt this nervous, Minho had been gone for three days and still no call from him. It’s like waiting for nothing and hoping for everything to be okay. Jonghyun was insistent that they should not worry about him but she’s worried so worried that she loses sleep and could not even eat properly. What if something bad happens to him?

 

“Luna!”, Amber called her. She had been sitting alone inside their classroom for some time now. “He’s back!” And Luna quickly stood up wide eyes and ready to run with her. “Come on!” Both girls ran as fast as they could with Amber taking the lead. Luna knew she was taking her to the cafeteria.

 

She stopped on her tracks and so did Amber. There sitting with Jonghyun is Minho, looking great and happy. How could he smile like that when they had all been worried about him?

 

“Minho”, Amber called him.

 

Minho looked up to find his cousin and Luna. She looked stressed and tired. He felt bad for making her worry. Jonghyun said she kept on looking for him. Jonghyun was the only one who knew where he was at for three days.

 

He could not believe his mom would do that. All this time she had lied to him and kept Sulli away. How could they do that to him?

 

He met Luna’s eyes and saw relief written on her face. He smiled to her and he did not expect what she did at all.

 

“I was so worried”, Luna whispered as she clung onto him like he was something unreal like he could be gone any minute now. She hugged him tight and she did not care what the others would think. He was here and that’s all that matters to her.

 

“Hey…”, Minho said feeling overwhelmed and yet guilty at the same time. He had made her worry. He let her hug him and patted her back after a while. Somehow the feeling of being missed brings something home to him.

 

“Yah, I was just gone for a few days”, he said not wanting the others to see his expression but Jonghyun was now looking at him differently.

 

They ate and talked and he was thankful Luna did not ask him why he left or what happened after he talked to Sulli. He’s not ready yet to tell her.

 

_

 

“So what happens now?”, Jonghyun asked him once they were alone. “I thought you’d never show up again.”

 

“I don’t know, I’m confuse”, Minho said honestly. “Sulli she’s a victim of my parents’ scheme.”

 

“Luna too”, Jonghyun added before Minho could go on. “She was just a part of the plan.”

 

“I know, that’s why I’m confused.”

 

“About what?”

 

“You once said that pity can turn into love”, Minho answered. “I’m not sure if I still love Sulli or I just pity Luna.”

 

Jonghyun smiled. “I know what you need to do. It’s simple, kiss one of them. The lips could always tell.”

 

“Bwoh? How could you joke at a time like this?”, Minho retorts.

 

“Wae? Do you have any other idea?”, Jonghyun asked him feeling offended. “I’m telling you, it’s the best way.”

 

“Since when did you become the love expert here?”

 

“Since the day I got my heart broken, you’ll learn a lot."

 

 

____________________________

 

updated: 08-14-12

so you now know who the admirer is :)

comments anyone!!!???? i'm thinking of another story and it's going to be Luna again

Who would you want to be her partner??? kekekeke... i see a lot of TAEMIN FANS HERE

if u check my other stories you'll see there's one waiting to be written "MY MOM BOUGHT ME A WIFE" it's an ONEW story but the girl would be an OC... i still need to plan that story *sorry for making you guys wait*

 

and i've updated two fics today :)