Chapter 22

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

“Do you know about this?”, his dad asked once again.

 

“I just found out she was a back a few days ago”, Minho answered. He was called to his dad’s office because of Sulli.

 

“You know your mom would be upset If she finds out she’s back.”

 

“I know, I won’t meet her.” His mom liked Sulli before, but with what happened between them he doubts she’ll ever accept her again.

 

“Does Luna know about her?”

 

Minho nodded his head, of course Luna would know her by know. She had spent time with Amber and she’s bound to find out. “She’s okay with it.”

 

“You have to keep everything from your mom. And take care of Luna, she’s really a good kid and we’re lucky to have her.”

 

He wonders how long his parents had known about Luna or their family. It’s true she was okay and well from what his father said she’s a good kid but her family is another matter.

 

_

 

“Oh someone gave you flowers”, Amber said seeing the bouquet in Luna’s locker. “Is it from my cousin?” Luna took the small card. “I’m sorry about what happened. Hope you like them”, Amber read out from the card. “Omo I never thought he’d be this sweet again.”

 

Luna can’t help but smile her heart filled with so much joy. It’s the first time she receives flowers ever and it felt really good. He had not call at all after she last saw him. The last time they talked they ended up fighting or him yelling at her. But all those pain vanished when she saw the flowers. She was too afraid thinking that he’s really mad and might not talk to her at all until his mom’s party.

 

“Why don’t you call him?”, Amber suggested seeing Luna blush from the time she read the card.

 

“Would that be okay?”

 

“Of course, call him and thank him.”

 

Minho had put his number on speed dial and it took him 5 rings to answer her call. It’s actually the first time she’s calling him using the phone he bought for her.

 

“Minho…”, Luna began once he heard his voice answer the phone.

 

“Why did you call?”, he asked. Luna did not notice the annoyance in his voice or she might have disregarded it since he’s always like that anyway.

 

“Oh uhm I just called to thank you for the flowers”, she said.

 

“Flowers?”, Minho asked. “What flowers?”

 

“The flowers you – “, then Luna realized Minho is not the type to do this knowing how he hates being engaged to her and he would not be the one to play games like this. If he wants to give her something he’d do it right away and not like this. “Uhm nothing, sorry to disturb you.”

 

“Yah, be ready for the party tonight arasseo?”, Minho reminded her once again and then hung up.

 

“It’s not from him?”, Amber asked and Luna shook her head. “Then who’s it from?” Both girls wondered for some time.

 

“Maybe someone just left them by accident you know like wrong locker maybe”, Luna said.

 

“I don’t know about that”, Amber said she showed Luna the card and it says Luna on the other side. “You’ve got some secret admirer.”

 

Luna felt bad that the flowers were not from Minho but was curious who sent the flowers or is someone just pranking her.

_

 

Sulli watched as the new girl in Minho’s life walk side by side with his cousin Amber. It was a wonder how the two got together, Minho never liked girls like her, he likes tall, stylish and someone who has a strong personality that can somehow match his. From what she knows about Luna she’s not like that.

 

This really got her into thinking that maybe their engagement is a forced one and their going to have an arranged marriage. That can’t be, Minho deserves more than that. He deserves someone who loves him and someone he’ll love back.

 

She can’t give up now. If only she could talk to him.

 

_

 

“Amber do I really look okay?”, Luna asked for the nth time. Amber was so patient with her and understands how anxious she is. She smiled to the other girl.

 

“Of course you look amazing. And I’m not exaggerating here. You really look great believe me. Just wait ‘til my cousin sees you”, Amber reassured her.

 

“I don’t know, I feel so nervous”, Luna confessed. “I mean what if he doesn’t like what I wear or my make-up or my hair.”

 

“Then I’ll ask Key to beat him up”, Amber said. Just when she mentioned her boyfriend’s name Key showed up looking so formal with his black tux.

 

“Hey gorgeous”, Key said and planted a kiss on Amber’s lips. “We need to take a picture of you.” He made an attempt to take a picture using his phone when he noticed Luna. “Luna?”

 

Amber turned to Luna giving her the I-told-you-so look. Key’s mouth hangs open staring at her.

 

“Amazing right?”, Amber said to her boyfriend.

 

“Woah, I knew Minho would choose this dress. It really fits you and as Amber said you look amazing”, Key said even clapping h is hands. “Omo I’m with two lovely girls.”

 

Luna felt good that Key complimented her.

 

“Let’s go”, Key said offering each arm to the two.

 

“Minho’s going to get me”, Luna said.

 

“Oh is that so?”, Key said. “I want to stay and watch his face transform once he sees you.”

 

“Yah, those moments only need two persons”, Amber interrupted. “We’ll see you at the party then?”

 

“Neh, thanks for your help”, she said to the couple.

 

She waited just outside the salon since Minho had sent her a message he’s coming. She practiced a lot using the high-heeled shoes  and fussed about her make-up and hair. She was walking back and forth swinging her small pouch when the cold wind blew she felt the chill and dropped her pouch.

 

She made an attempt to get the pouch before it landed on the pavement but failed. She was about to pick it up when another man’s hand reached it first.

 

“Always so clumsy”, she heard someone said and she was not surprise to see Minho’s face when she looked up.

 

But Luna was not the only one surprised their faces are so close to each other and their looking straight into each other’s eyes. She could smell his perfume and felt her heart race faster.

 

It’s like his face became more handsome if that’s even possible or legal.

 

“Minho”, she said not breaking their eye contact. It’s the first time she’s seeing him after he got angry because she asked about Sulli.

 

Minho on the other hand could not say anything after seeing her face to face. He was ready to scold her just for fun but could no longer remember what to say when he saw her face.

 

She looked like an angel without wings.

 

Almost a minute had passed and they still could not say anything to each other. She was thankful her phone rang.

 

“It’s Amber”, Luna said and without warning Minho grabbed her phone and answered it himself.

 

“We’re coming”, he said before Amber could speak and ended the call.

 

“Uhm where’s your car?”, Luna asked just to say something.

 

“There”, Minho answered sounding like an idiot even pointing at his car which he had parked just a couple of walks away.

 

Luna walked first thinking he’d scold her for being slow he followed behind her looking at her back and she could feel his gaze passed her.

 

For the first time he opened the door to his car for her and Luna felt like they were on their first date or something.

 

“Uhm t-thanks”, she stuttered a little and quickly got in and what really amazed her is that Minho put his hand just above her head to protect her from bumping into the car.

 

She sat there and waited for him to get in, he was sitting on the driver’s seat doing nothing.

 

“Uhm let’s go?” Why does every thing she says starts with uhm? She sounds silly.

 

“Your seatbelt”, Minho said.

 

“Huh?”, Luna asked not really hearing him or maybe she was not just listening with all the different thought going through her mind right now. She sat frozen when Minho reach out for her side and put on the seatbelt for her every graze and touch burning her.

 

She was glad he did not say anything and just started the car.

 

Like any other time no words were exchanged during the ride and Luna was thankful so she won’t stutter again. She was extra conscious tonight with him being quiet too.

 

They finally arrived at the hotel where the party was being held and again he opened the door for her.

 

Minho was aware of the stares his fiancée is getting from the other males around them and was annoyed that they had to share the elevator with three other guys all looking unashamedly at Luna.

 

The guy beside Luna was being too obvious at checking her out even with him being there. He could see his reflection and this really irritated him and he coughed loudly to get the other guy’s attention. He sent him a glare when the guy looked his way.

 

Luna remained oblivious of the attention she’s getting from the opposite , too preoccupied with her own thoughts and thinking of what her fiancé thinks of her look.

 

At last Minho could breathe more properly since the other passengers had left the elevator, seven more floors to go before their stop. He noticed how Luna would play with her fingers, crossing and uncrossing them. She may be nervous.

 

“Luna…”, he called her and she looked up at him meeting his eyes directly. He still could not stare at her and it really amazed him that this is happening to him right now.

 

“Neh?”, she said still waiting for whatever he has to say.

 

“Well uhm, you look good…”

 

Luna’s shoulder sagged, just good? Well she was not really expecting something big to come from him but at least say something better than “you look good”.

 

“Uhm you look… pretty nice”, Minho said sounding like he’s looking at a project rather than his fiancée. He saw disappointment written on her face but she smiled after a while and looked away.

 

What now? Did he say something wrong? He was just trying to find the right words. But pretty nice and you look good may not be appropriate at this moment. But he could not just express himself right.

 

“Luna…”, he called her again but she did not look up nor make any move. So now she’s going to ignore him because he could not give the right compliment?

 

They should not be seen like this, there a lot of guests and their parents are there too. They’ll notice something is wrong once they saw them like this.

 

Before the elevator could open and before Luna could move away from him  Minho grabbed her shoulders and pulled her to him. She was startled of course and much more so when his lips landed on hers.

 

He kissed her full and deep, savoring the taste of her gloss or lipstick or whatever she has on her lips right now. He felt her froze but was glad she did not push him away.

 

Both were unaware of the stares they were getting, of the hundreds of eyes watching them. No one made a move to let them know they were being watched. The kissed continued for a couple of seconds with Minho encircling his arm around her small waist and Luna leaning closer to him but keeping her arms to her side.

 

Both were lost into the magic of being near each other. Both did not notice anything until Onew dropped his wine glass and breaking that precious moment.

 

The couple broke the kiss, Minho opened his eyes first before Luna. He saw a huge crowd looking at them, with his parents, Luna’s father, Krystal, Taemin, Jonghyun with a smirk on his face, Amber scolding Onew and the one closest to them Key who was responsible for keeping the elevator door open.

 

“Nice”, Key said before Minho could open his mouth.

 

___________________

 

written: 06-20-12

UPDATED: 07-04-12 

5:07 PM

updated as promised :)

who likes the "TUNA" pairing? kekeke...

special thanks to my new subscibers ^^ i have 50 now! yey!!

**pic not mine**