Chapter 16

My Unwilling Fiancé

"Minho why aren't you eating yet?" Key asked the question the others had asked already. This time it was Amber who answered him. "Oh, so you two are okay now?" Minho just looked at him not showing any emotion.

"Let's just say they're turned from bad to good," Jonghyun said.

"Oh look there's your princess," Amber teased as she saw Luna walked towards them still with her head bowed down like she didn't want other people to notice her.

Minho got up from his seat and grabbed another chair once Luna was near them. She greeted his friends first before him.

"Here, you can seat here," he said to her and she made her way beside him. "Eat this." He sounds like ordering her all the time and it's much worse now since the others are watching his every move. He glared at his friends and they resumed eating.

Key and Amber were the usual lovey dovey couple while Jonghyun is always the third party always trying to mess them up. Taemin had found away to start a conversation with Luna without Minho noticing, they were talking about some book they were both reading.

"Really?" he heard Luna exclaim sounding excited over being lent a book of Taemin's. "I've been looking for a copy for a year now."

"Good thing I got one," Taemin said. "I can give it to you tomorrow."

"Oh but we don't have class."

"That's okay, we can meet up somewhere or you can come over after class today," Taemin suggested.

"Or  you give it to me then I'll give it to her?." Both Taemin and Luna stopped talking and turned towards Minho.

"Yeah, you could do that hyung." Taemin said looking amused at Minho.

They returned to their classes after eating lunch except for Jonghyun and Minho. They have free periods and they were glad to just sit and watch some students pass by.

"You're getting soft on her,"Jonghyun said.

Minho ignored this and did not say anything. Maybe he is, maybe not.

"Before you know it you're going to fall."

That's not true. He once had fallen and it ended badly. He's never going to put himself in a situation like that. It's tiring and getting up is not easy.

"You think she'll ever come back?" Jonghyun asked Minho. This time he gets a reaction.

"I don't know and I don't care if she does," Minho said with a bit of anger in his voice.

"What if she does?"

"I won't do anything. It was over when she left. She left without even saying goodbye."

"What if she has a reason?"

"Whatever it is, we're over. We were over the moment she chose to go."

"How about Luna?"

"What about her?"

Jonghyun smiled knowingly. "Are you perhaps feeling something for her?"

"Feeling something?" Minho's brows met in confusion.

"Yes, feeling. As in anything at all?"

"Yeah, maybe. I pity her."

Jonghyun was not surprised at his answer. But was surprised that he admitted feeling something for the girl.

"Pity can turn into love."

"It can't when it comes to us. I just don't like it when people hurts my properties." Yes, he owns Luna now.

"What if she falls for you?"

"What do you mean?"

"What if Luna falls for you?"

With this Minho did not answer. He could not think that was possible, he was horrible to her and even if he'd turn nice first impression always lasts. And he never really did anything good towards her.

Jonghyun decided that he's never going to answer so he asked another question. "What if she falls for another guy? What if she likes someone else?"

"That's not going to happen. She's mine until I say she's not anymore."

"Don't you think that's unfair?"

"Why are you asking a lot of questions about us? Do you like her or something?"

Jonghyun laughed at this. "You know me, there's just one girl I love."

Minho was surprise to hear this somehow. It has been too long the last time Jonghyun had mentioned about his love. It really gets him when Jonghyun turns serious just like now. He's the only one who knows his secret.

"After all this time?"

Jonghyun just smiled.

 

_

 

"Done for today?" Minho asked her once she got out of the classroom. He was aware of others looking at them like they were an odd couple and him talking to her is a miracle of some sort.

"Neh, were you waiting for me?"

He nods his head and grabbed her hand making everyone turned jelous eyes on them. He wants to show them something had changed between them.

"Minho -"

"Why do you have so many books?"

"Oh these, I'm returning them to the library."

"You borrow books there?", he asked. "Why don't you just buy them?"

She lowered her head yet again and muttered a barely audible "I don't have the money."

This did not surprise him, he had noticed the way she acts and her belongings does not really look expensive. Her father did not even bother providing for her and yet he uses his daughter to gain something for their business.

"I'm just going to return the books, you can just wait here," she said to him when she was about to go in the library but he follows her anyway. It took her a while to return the books and he decided to seat and wait for her. But Luna still did not return after 15 minutes so he stood up and searched for her. The libray is huge with bookshelves towering all over them.

He found her seated on the floor with a book in hand. She was completely absorbed in her reading that she did not notice Minho.

On the other hand he found it quite amazing to be able to look at her like this. Unguarded, at ease and with a smile on her face. She must really love reading. There's something different about her that he now sees though he's not sure what it is."

"Luna," he called her at last.

She immediately stood up and forgot the book she was holding causing it to fall on her foot. She yelped in pain.

"You should be careful," Minho said as he tries to help her up and picks up the book she was reading.

"Sorry, I got hooked up in reading," she reasoned.

He read the title of the book and decided to buy one for her.

"Come on," he said not letting go of her hands.

"Where are we going?" she asked but looked like she wanted to take back her question. She must think he might get annoyed at her for asking.

"Home."

"Home?"

"My parents wanted to have dinner with you," Minho said.

"What? But I'm not dressed properly," she made a fuss about her clothes which is something new to him.

"It's okay, they already know you. It's just dinner, not our wedding day," he said and continued to lead her out of the library.

Once inside the car Luna tried again to straighten her blouse and brush her fingers through her hair. She likes his parents, they're nice and warm and always makes her feel welcome.

 

She looks at Minho and hopes that he'd be the same with her.

 

 

__________________

WRITTEN: 05/21 Monday 1:00am

UPDATED: 05/24 3:21PM

thanks for always leaving comments guys ^^

I LOVE YOU :)

@valentina: THANKS! ^^ Minho better be good huh...

@Yuni_Yang:  Do you want Jonghyun to like her?? kekekek...

@jaques_yona: keke... Jonghyun .... thanks for always commenting

@BeatBoxer: If Jong likes Luna....???? make a guess on who's the lucky girl...

@shiny_luna: you'll see more of jealous minho... LOL

@ParkMiyoung: True! Minho should quit being grumpy and harsh to Luna

@orangegirl: thanks :)

@KimAmina: thanks, and glad u liked it...

@heaven666: thanks.. it's hard to write now :(