Chapter 33

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

Onew had been waiting for Krystal to come at their usual meeting place since the day he decided to punish her. He had this favorite café just near the school and he likes to hang out there. He already finished his coffee when Krystal arrived with the usual unhappy look she has whenever he wants to see her. She’s been like that since he encountered her and he really finds it amusing.

 

Krystal spotted her right away and unceremoniously walked towards his table and sat opposite him. “What?” she said without blinking.

 

“Good afternoon to you too,” Onew said.

 

“There’s nothing good when it comes to you,” Krystal said.

 

“Tsk tsk tsk,” Onew leaned closer. “I told you to stop speaking like that to me, or have you forgotten that I still have your diary?”

 

Krystal just frowned at him. She knows he still had not read her diary. Somehow even though he annoys her and frightens her that he’ll publish her diary since they own the biggest publishing company in Seoul, she still held onto his promise that he won’t read her diary. She believes him and that bothers her. She really wants her diary back .

 

“Why did you want to meet me?” Krystal asked showing her poker face.

 

“Nothing, I just want to see you,” Onew said.

 

“More like torture me you mean,” Krystal said. “What is it this time? What do you want me to do? Clean your house? Bathe your dogs? Sing you a song? Mow your lawn!”

 

Onew laughed remembering that one afternoon where he told her to mow their lawn, Krystal really looked ridiculous. He only told her that after hearing and seeing her bully a freshman student. The girl was clearly frightened of Krystal, he found out later that the girl had spilled juice on her expensive shoes but still Krystal was too mean to the poor girl who had already said sorry and promised to pay for the shoes. But those were not enough for Krystal.

 

“Why are you always frowning?” Onew asked.

 

“You’re asking me that? Are you nuts? You made me your slave and you even cut me off of my friends!” That’s right he specifically told her not to talk to her friends anymore, They are bad for her, he thinks he can still change her if she stays away from those kind of people.

 

“They’re not your friends,” Onew said. “Why don’t you hang out with other people then?”

 

“Like who?”

 

“Your sister,” Onew said. “Luna is nice and she can definitely be a good example so you could change for the better.”

 

“Change for the better?” Krystal scoffed. “Are you kidding me? I like me.” Luna again, even Onew likes her.

 

“That’s the problem. You like yourself too much,” Onew said.

 

“Why are you doing this?”

 

“I told you I’m teaching you a lesson. Besides I’m out of toys so I need to amuse myself.”

 

Krystal controlled herself not to throw the cup to Onew’s face. He thinks of her as a toy? Who’s bad now?

 

“When are you going to give me back my diary?”

 

“When you’re already kind, nice and sweet,” Onew answered. “Until then, I got to keep your little diary.”

 

“I’m thinking that you’re only doing this because you like me,” Krystal said attacking Onew maybe this would work on him but Onew only smiled his usual smile.

 

“Sorry to break your cold as ice heart but you don’t appeal to me lady,” Onew said. “I like my girl not to be y. You have too much selfishness in your body.” Onew saw Krystal’s face tightened and he thought she’s gonna scream at him but she lowered her head and he thought he went too far until she suddenly looked up and glared at him.

 

“Well I won’t ever like you even if you’re the last guy on earth! I don’t like s!” Krystal said a little too loud that other people stared at them. An awkward silence passed and she hurried stood up and ran out of the café.

_

 

Luna never imagined it even in her dreams but it’s all happening right now. As she closed her locker Krystal grabbed her arm and pulled her to a corner.

 

“Hide me quick!” Krystal said. “Don’t let him find me!”

 

“What? Who are you hiding from?” Luna asked.

 

“Onew! He’s gonna be here soon, come on!” Krystal said. She had Luna’s hand in a tight grip that Luna felt it would fall off of her arm.

 

“Okay, calm down first,” Luna said. “Why are you hiding from him?”

 

“Don’t me ask that now!” Krystal said. “He’s coming this way. Tell him you saw me go that way or anywhere. Tell him a lie! You got that?”

 

“But –”, Krystal suddenly went inside the girl’s restroom leaving Luna alone in the corridor and soon enough she saw Onew running towards her.

 

“Hey Luna,” Onew said smiling at her.

 

“Hi,” Luna greeted him as well.

 

“Uhm, have you seen Krystal?”

 

“Krystal? My sister?”

 

“Yeah Krystal,” Onew answered.

 

“Oh, uhm actually,” Luna thought of something to say without lying to Onew but she remembered the panic on Krystal’s face and she never saw it before. What could be happening to these two? “Krystal, uhm I s-saw her ran that way,” Luna can’t help but stutter.

 

Onew laughed a little and looked at her closely. “Did anyone ever told you you’re a bad liar?”

 

“Yeah Minho”, Luna answered right away before she could think and made Onew laugh a lot more. “What I mean is –”

 

“Save it,” Onew said. “Krystal may have put you up to this. Well if you see her, and I know you will. Tell her I’d changed my mind.”

 

“Changed you mind? What do you mean?”

 

“Tell her I’ll only give her the thing she wants the most if she agreed to be my girlfriend,” Onew said a bit louder feeling like someone is listening to their conversation.

 

“Oh, so you like my sister?” Luna said expectantly.

 

Onew just laughed and patted Luna’s head for some reason. “Tell her I want her to meet me after school at the music room. If she’s late, she’s gonna regret it.”

 

Once she was sure Onew was gone Krystal came out of the restroom.

 

“Onew said –”

 

“Yah, I heard what he said! All of it!” Krystal yelled which made the other students turn to them. “Argh!!! I’m really going to kill him!”

 

“But Krystal I didn’t know you and Onew knew each other.”

 

“We don’t okay? He’s just annoying me.”

 

“But he said he wants you to be his girlfriend.”

 

“That’s because –“, Krystal stopped before she could spill her secrets. “Forget it.”

 

“What is it? I’ll help you with anything.”

 

“You can’t okay, you were not even an effective liar,” Krystal said. She knew Onew had sensed that she was just near them. “Argh! I hate you!” She said those words again but somehow she had not really meant it these days. It’s true that she still does not like Luna but in some way she had found less reasons to hate her or if she really hates her.

“Did you just yell at Luna?”

 

_____

LOL who could that last person be?

i was not planning on updating today but i did so enjoy :)

maybe another one tomorrow? depends on how many comments i'll get LOL ^^ 

love you guys! thanks for commenting and reading and everything :)