Chapter 45

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

“What the – ” Minho was about to curse when he saw who took the bottle from him. “Sulli…”

“Why are you here drinking alone?” Sulli asked and poured him some wine. Minho didn’t answer and just continued to drink. “Problems? Is it about business?” Minho took another shot. “Your parents? School?” Minho drank another glass. “Or is it Luna?” Minho took the bottle from her and drank from it. “That bad huh?”

“What do you want?” Minho asked after a while as Sulli took a seat beside him.

“Can I sit with you? After all we were friends, right? I promise I won’t talk nonsense. I’ll just drink with you.”

Minho looks at her for a while and then nodded his head. She would not budge whatever he may do anyway. It’s either she leaves or he does. And right now he’s too tired to even find another bar.

He ordered another bottle not caring if he dies drinking tonight. He just wants to drown himself so he could erase this pain he feels even for a while. He didn’t notice that Sulli was not really drinking. That the sympathy is all fake, after all this is Sulli.

“You know when you left –” he pauses for a drink. “I drank every night a week. Jonghyun and Key wanted to put me in jail. Onew said to just give me poison. I drank and drank so I could forget you. Every night turned into once a week. And then once a month. And without even realizing it my heart was healing. I knew somehow, someway I’ll get over you.”

“Is that’s why you’re drinking right now?” Sulli asked with a bitter look on her face.

“I’m drinking because it hurts so bad,” Minho answered his words slurred. “I want to forget the pain but not Luna.”

“Do you love her that much?”

“She’s the only one I want to be with.”

“But she’s now with Seunghyun,” Sulli said clearly annoyed that she’s having this conversation with Minho. She wanted him all by herself.

“That bastard!” Minho spat.

“They’re going to get married soon. You should just give it up you know.” Sulli said but Minho ignored her. “He may not look like it but Seunghyun is actually serious about marrying her. I think he really likes her.”

Minho thought about it for a moment then realized something. “How did you know Seunghyun is serious with her and really likes her? Do you know Seunghyun?”

Sulli looked taken a back but recovered quickly. “Uhm no, it’s quite obvious right? Why would he want to marry her anyway if he didn’t like her?”

But Minho had heard enough already. “Do you have anything to do with this?”

“What? No, of course not! Why are you even asking me that.”

“Come on Sulli, I’m not that drunk.” Sulli just continued to look at him and he was not in the mood so he decided to let her be. Honestly he’s too tired to even argue with or talk to her. He drank everything from the bottle before getting up but Sulli stopped him.

“Can’t you just give her up? She’s not worth it you know.” Sulli stood up as well. “I’m still here. I haven’t changed. I still love you Minho.”

Minho pulled away gently from her hold. “I don’t know if you’re telling the truth or not Sulli but it does not really matter, not to me.”

Before he could leave Sulli spoke again. “What does she have that I don’t? What difference is there between us? I left you for money, and she agreed to marry you for money! At least I felt something for you!”

Minho turned towards her again and suddenly felt some eyes on them. “You’re wrong Sulli. You didn’t love me, you love the things you could get from me. Nobody forced you, you you’re your own decisions. Luna was forced to marry me, she endured the awful things and stayed with me. You were in it for the money, Luna was her father’s pawn. She didn’t ask for it at all.”

“Oh really? Then why is she with Seunghyun and not with you?” Sulli said her voice filled with malice. “Do you really think Seunghyun would be happy with just wholesome dates? He’d want more and he’ll get it.”

“Do you think that just by saying all these I’ll come back to you?” Minho turned to her with anger in his eyes. “You already lost me the moment you broke my brother’s heart.”

“B-bwoh?” Sulli can’t help but stutter. How did he know about her and Taemin?

“Do you really think I would not find out about it? Taemin didn’t say anything at all. It all came from my mom. Do you really think I’d still want you after you played my brother? Even if you didn’t leave before, even if my mother didn’t find out about your relationship with Taemin we’d still break up. You know why? Because I love Taemin more.”

Sulli was left dumbfounded. After all the trouble she went through just to break them up. She sighed and laughed at herself. Yes she did all this for money, but she did came back because she loves Minho. Her motives may be wrong, and people may say she’s a complete but she did love him in her own way. And she was not sorry at all. She did her best, but she lost the war.

_

 

“Are you crazy?” Krystal almost shouted at Luna. Seunghyun just brought her home. Her mom even waited for them outside the door even asking Seunghyun to stay for some tea or coffee. She hated it all. But why is Luna acting like everything is what it should be.

“Krystal sorry but I’m quite tired. We still have class tomorrow we should sleep,” Luna had already changed into her pajamas but Krystal remained inside her room.

“Luna come on tell me, why are you suddenly acting like this? Why are you doing this?” Luna sat on her bed like and told her the same thing she said a while ago like she just asked what time it is. “What did father do this time?”

“Nothing, I just didn’t want to pretend anymore.”

“Pretend?”

“That I love Minho,” Luna said but Krystal knew better.

“You’re a bad liar Luna. It’s written all over your face that you only love Minho. So why do this?” Krystal shook her arm. “Tell me everything, I can help you huh?”

Luna swallowed the lump on as tears suddenly filled her eyes. “No Krystal you can’t. Just stay out of this okay?”

“How could I do that? You’re my sister. I want you to be happy.” She finally embraced Luna while the other continued to cry.

“I’m sorry Krystal.”

“Pabo, why are you saying sorry? We all know you both love each other. Minho is trying his best to keep you so don’t give up on him now.”

But Luna didn’t speak again, she just continued to cry and cry until she fell asleep. Krystal watched her sleep with an aching heart. How could Luna take it all in? If she were in this situation she would have break down or gone crazy. She could not handle being this lonely especially now that she had found someone like Onew. That’s why she’s willing to do anything to help her sister even go against her mother.

_

 

“Oh you look pretty,” the hairdresser said for the second time. She could see her stepmother’s reflection smiling beside her.

“She should be the prettiest, it’s her engagement after all,” her stepmother said looking intently at Luna. The hairdresser excused herself leaving her alone with her stepmother.

“Don’t look so sad, Seunghyun won’t like it.” Luna just nodded. “You do know why we’re doing this right?” Luna nodded again. “I could not even believe it but he really meant it. If you won’t marry Seunghyun he’ll let Krystal marry him. I can’t let that happen to my baby girl. She’s too young, and I want her to find someone she really loves just as I have found her dad.” She smiled and her Luna’s hair. “You do love your sister right?”

“Yes,” Luna said in a whisper.

“Then do this for her,” her stepmother said. “Marry Seunghyun and forget about Minho. If you can’t do it for your father’s sake then do it for Krystal.”

The party started and even though it was a party for her and Seunghyun she felt like she’s not here at all. Her mind is on something else or rather on someone else. Is he okay? Did he eat already? Those are just some of the questions she wanted to ask but couldn’t. If she would not do this then Krystal would suffer. And she doesn’t want that, it’s enough that she had experienced it. She knows it’s unfair to Minho but right now agreeing to this engagement is the only thing she could do.

“Tired?” Seunghyun asked just as he stopped the car. He insisted on sending her home. She only nodded her answer. “Then you should go inside and rest. Don’t stay up late just to think of him.” Now he’s even wants to control her mind. “You can’t escape me Luna, you should remember that.”

“I’ll go now,” Luna said but Seunghyun reached for her hand and pulled her for a quick peck on her cheek.

“Goodnight,” he said before letting her go. Luna immediately opened the door and got out of his car. She waited for him to go before turning towards the house but someone again grabbed her arm. She was about to scream when she recognized Minho.

“We need to talk.”

 

________________________

Happy New Year Chingus ^^

Who wants a TUNA (Taemin-Luna) fic???

TUNA: How Taemin Became An Oppa

Comments Please :)