Chapter 42

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

“Ahh, I still can’t believe Onew’s got a girlfriend now.” Amber said as she and Luna were walking out of their classroom. “And I can’t believe that it’s Krystal. I mean no offense Luna but I didn’t really have the best impression of her. And it’s just that she’s not Onew’s type.” Luna only smiled at what Amber said. “Your sister’s got a very strong personality and Onew is such a nice guy. I mean they don’t really match.”

“Well I don’t know about that Amber. You see, love is a strange thing. Look at me and Minho, would you have believed me if I tell you before that Minho would fall in love with me? People might think I’m crazy or something. Somehow love can make the strongest person weak and the weakest one strong. That’s the wonder of it all.”

Amber nodded along. “Hey when did you became poetic?” She lightly pats her cheek. “My cousin must have made something great to make you look this glowing. You can even rival the sun’s brightness.” Luna just laughed at her. “You look different somehow. Something must have happened.”

Luna’s face went red so she covered it with her hands but Amber saw the ring that Minho gave her and Luna could not believe that Amber just shrieked like a girl. Of course Amber’s a girl but she’s not one to simply shriek with a sight of a ring or maybe not.

“Omo, did he really propose to you?” Amber said for the nth time still holding Luna’s hand. They didn’t notice Sulli passed by them and she heard everything. Her eyes widen when she learned Minho really proposed to her. She immediately got her phone from her bag and dialed a number. They needed to act fast before Minho actually marries Luna. She can’t let that happen not after everything she’d done to get him. He loved her once and he can love her again. He will love her, she’s going to make sure of that.

 

_

 

 Taemin knew he got to tell Minho about what he knew of Sulli. That she was the one who posted those pictures, but somehow something is holding him back. Maybe it was the fact that Sulli would tell Minho how they were connected. He could not stand it if Minho would hate him as well. He’s a coward; he had to admit to that.

“Penny for your thoughts?” Amber said as she sat beside him. He turned to her and smiled sadly. “Hey, what’s bothering you? You know you can always tell me anything.” It’s true how Amber almost always takes his side even when they were kids. She’d act like a big sister and would always be there to protect him.

So Taemin took a deep breath and spilled everything to her.

“Where are you going?” Taemin was quick to stop her from leaving.

“I’m going to find Sulli and practice some of my never forgotten taekwondo moves on her,” Amber said with such a serious face. She had not acted this way since the day she found out Key had his first girlfriend. “I can’t let her treat you that way! How dare she threaten you!”

“I’m not sure about this, I mean what if hyung would hate me?” Taemin asked.

“Well Minho won’t be happy about this. But I’m completely sure he is over Sulli. I mean if you just tell him the whole truth he’d understand. Sulli played both of you.”

“I don’t know…” his voice trailed off. He’d tell Minho, but not right now.

_

 

The girls were all excited as they each had a fashion magazine almost plastered on their faces. They were trying to find the best wedding dress. Key wanted to join them but Amber pushed him out of the group saying that’s for girls only.

“Oh this one’s cool!” Amber said out loud seeing a red wedding dress.

“Nah it’s got to be classic, a white wedding dress would be perfect for Luna.” Krystal was quick to disagree even before Amber could show it to Luna. The soon-to-be bride just smiled at Amber who secretly scowled at Krystal. These two had a silent agreement that they’d be at least nice to each other or act civil for the sake of Luna and Minho. They’d practically be in-laws.

“What about this one?” Krystal suggested after a few moments of silence.

“That’s beautiful but I don’t think my cousin would like that,” Amber said seeing the very y wedding gown.

“Well he’s not the one who’ll wear it,” Krystal countered. “What do you think Luna?”

“I don’t know Krys, the dress might be too y for me.” Luna answered.

“Oh well let’s just look for another one,” Krystal said and continued to check the magazine. They spent the whole day just looking for the right dress. Luna finally settled for a simple yet elegant wedding dress. When the other two saw the one she picked they both nodded their heads thinking it was just perfect. Luna cooked for the three of them. Minho would often call her, he was also spending the day with his friends and brother.

“Amber why don’t you sleep here tonight?” Luna suggested as they ate their dinner.

“Really?” Amber’s voice sounded excited. “Can I sleep in your room?”

“Why don’t we all sleep in one room?” Krystal suggested not wanting to lose Luna’s attention. She’s the sister and she and Amber had a silent war on who’s going to be the maid of honor.

“Well yeah we could do that. It’d be fun.”

So the three girls spent the whole day talking about weddings and fashion. Luna is glad Amber and Krystal are now getting along just fine. Taemin told her that these two are competing to be her maid-of-honor but Luna already had someone in mind. They made a promise to each other. She smiled thinking of her best friend. She called her a few days ago and informed her of the upcoming wedding. Of course her bestfriend is thrilled and happy for her, especially when she told her that she’s in love with Minho. She can’t wait for them to see each other again.

_

 

Minho watched as his future father-in-law crumpled the piece of paper he gave. He found out about the investments he’d been making to another company. What’s bad is that company is owned by Seunghyun’s grandfather, their rival. How could he do that when he knows that the Choi’s needed his support?

“I don’t know what you’re planning Mr. Park but what you’re doing is unethical. You agreed for a merge with us and yet you’re doing business with another company that you know too well is our rival.” Plus he didn’t like having to do anything with Seunghyun.

“They offered a good deal,” came Mr. Park’s reply which annoyed him more. “You do know out company needs it right?”

“What do you mean?”

“Oh come on, I know you know about our situation. I agreed to have my daughter marry you so your father could support my company.”

Minho looked at him straight in the eye and he knew Mr. Park is not lying and if he’s not then it would mean his parents lied to him yet again. First about Sulli, then this. How many more lies are there for him to uncover?

“We needed some funds or we’d go bankrupt.” Mr. Park continued to tell him of the deal. Apparently the Choi Enterprise is doing so well it could even buy Mr. Park’s company. Everything his parent’s told him was just a big lie.

“If you don’t believe me you can go talk to your parents,” Mr. Park finished. “Our company needed all the help and your father was very willing to provide that. They really like Luna you know.” Minho knew too well what Mr. Park is trying to say. He wants to remind him that Luna is chosen by his parents and that their minds are set to have her as his wife.

“Mr. Park I’m not cancelling anything. I love your daughter. But you doing business with the Songs is another matter. It could hurt us both.”

“I know what I’m doing and your father does not have a problem with it.” So why do you? That questioned remained unasked. Minho managed to stay calm. His father is not even aware of Mr. Park’s activities.

“I hope this would be the last time you’d deal with them.” Minho stated before he left. The man is after all Luna’s father. And for her sake he won’t do anything yet. But if he crosses the line again, he might just do something both to protect their company and Luna.

Mr. Park drank his brandy after Minho left. The young man has guts. He knew he’d be in trouble if the older Choi finds out about his investments. He’s got to do something. He can’t let a newbie like him corner him. He’d do anything to save his company, he even sold his daughter for it. He’ll do it again if possible.

_

 

It was rare for her father to call her especially on weekdays since she knows he’s a busy person. But she just talked to him on the phone, he told her to go home early. So any plans of going out with Minho tonight would not be possible.

“Luna are you waiting for hyung?” Taemin asked seeing her standing in the hallway.

“Neh, I can’t seem to get a hold of him,” she said.

“Oh I just left them. He’s playing basketball with Onew hyung and Jonghyun hyung,” Taemin informed her. Then her phone rings again. It was her father of course reminding her to go home early. What could be possibly important that she has to be home early? The last time she was asked to do was when she was told she’d be marrying Minho.

“Anything wrong?” Taemin asked when he saw her troubled face but she shook her head and instead gives him a smile. “Want me to drive you home or something?”

“No, our family driver is waiting for me outside. I’ll just call Minho later.” She waved goodbye to Taemin and left.

The drive home is short and soon she was ushered inside by one of the maids. She was told that they have guests and that her father is waiting for her in the garden where they’d be dining.

“Why is Krystal not here?” she asked the maid who helped her get dress. Her father specifically instructed them that she changed into a new dress before meeting their guests. She was sure the guests would not be Minho’s parents since they’re now in Singapore.

She unconsciously touched her engagement ring as she walked outside to the garden. She saw four people and she easily recognized her father and her stepmother sitting together. Her father stood up when he saw her.

“Here she is,” Mr. Park said and Luna felt nervous the moment she saw who were the guests. There was no mistaking it. It was Seunghyun!

“Come here darling and greet our guests,” her stepmom cooed like she’s fond of Luna. She slowly made her way to them and greeted Seunghyun and his grandfather.

“Oh my grandson was not joking when he said his future wife is a beauty,” that statement coming from the older man almost made Luna run away from them. What is happening and why did he just call her his grandson’s future wife?

 

_

 

Onew scolded Taemin when he came back to them. He lost a silly game and as a punishment he was made to buy them drinks and snacks. Krystal actually volunteered to do it but Onew said no.

“What took you so long?” Onew asked.

“I met Luna on my way to the canteen,” Taemin answered and he noticed his brother attention was on him. “She was actually trying to call you hyung.” Minho immediately took his phone from his bag and checked it. “She said she needs to go home early. Something about her father and some guests having family dinner or something.”

“Wait, family dinner?” Key said and they all looked at Krystal.

Krystal too was surprised to hear this. “I was not told about this.” She took her phone out too but there was no message from her parents. She tried to call her mom but she would not answer. Minho called Luna but she would not pick up as well.

“I think I need to go home,” Krystal said feeling suddenly uneasy. “Uhm I’ll call you later Onew.” She was gone before they could even stop her.

“Something’s not right,” Amber voiced out everyone’s thoughts. And Minho wished he could go to Luna’s place right but he knows it would not be wise. She left a message though telling him she’d call later.

 

____

 

I'll stop right here guys... i'm not feeling well so i'd be sleeping for a week kekeke.. seriously i have a super headache.. 

please leave a comment and vote up the fic ^^