Chapter 37

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

Krystal came home earlier than usual, Luna just came out of her room when she passed by and Krystal looked at her with the same hatred on her eyes though the hate does not seem directed at her. She just finished talking to Amber and she said that it was Krystal who did it though she did not go into details.
 
“Was it really you?” Luna asked her. Krystal did not answer right away instead she met her eyes and they stared at each other. Two sisters bound by blood yet their hearts are too far from each other, they held each other’s gaze.
 
“No,” Krystal said at last she continued to gaze back at Luna, a couple of seconds passed and the Luna smiled at her. “What, you believe me?” Luna nodded. “Are you dumb or something? I’m sure you already know that I have a copy of the picture that was on Jonghyun’s phone. And you actually believe me?”
 
“Krystal, it’s okay.” Luna said and reached out for Krystal’s hand giving it a squeeze. Krystal swallowed a lump in and fought back the tears that were threatening to fall. “I believe you.”
 
“T-thank you.” Luna wanted to hug her since she thinks her sister needed it badly right now. But she knew that doing so would only be awkward for both of them, there is a time for everything.
 
 
 
_
 
 
Luna waited for her father to speak. She held her breath when he looked at her but no words came out of his mouth, not yet that is. She knew it has something to do with the picture, that’s why she was called to the study which also serves as her father’s office when he’s at home.
 
“Explain,” he said and slamming a picture on his desk and Luna jerked from the sudden action. “Are you going to just stand there all day?” She saw her stepmother smile a little.
 
“Father, I’m –”
 
“Don’t say it’s not you,” her stepmother cut her off. “That other guy if I’m not mistaken is Kim Jonghyun right?” She nodded her head.
 
“Kim Jonghyun?” his father asked turning to his wife.
 
“Yes, the son of Kim Dojin. Owner of Seoul hotel,” her stepmother answered. (LOL sorry i could not think of any other name for Jonghyun's dad..keke)
 
“How did you meet him?” her father continued asking her.
 
“H-he’s Minho’s friend.”
 
“Minho’s friend? And you actually kissed him!” Her stepmother stood up and grabbed her arm. “Are you out of your mind? Why did you kiss your fiancé’s friend?”
 
“So Minho knows this already?” Luna nodded and received a slap from her stepmother.
 
“Now what are you going to do? The whole school probably knows about this! If Mr. and Mrs. Choi find out they may cancel the engagement!” her stepmother shouted at her and pulled her hair. “You !” She continued to punish Luna not minding where her hand would hit.
 
“Enough!” her father shouted at last. “I can’t let this happen, we need the Choi’s for the company.”
 
Krystal listened from outside the door, her mother would not let her in so she had no choice but to eavesdrop. She knew her mom would hurt Luna. And when she heard Luna cry out of pain she thought of only one thing, to call Minho. “Oppa hurry,” she said as she ended the call. It was a good thing Minho was already on his way to their house to visit Luna.
 
“What did Minho say about this?” her father asked. Luna wince feeling the sting on her cheek, she could not even stand up straight and look at them directly afraid that her stepmom would hurt her again. Once she starts hurting her she never stops until she too gets tired.
 
“We h-haven’t talked yet,” she stammered.
 
“What are you planning to do then?” her stepmother snarled.
 
“I d-don’t know yet auntie,” she answered honestly which cause her stepmother to grab her hair and she again yelped in pain.
 
“You ought to be taught a lesson! Do you know how much this marriage means to your father and to us? You don’t know the Chois, they need someone with a good image for their son’s wife and you’re not going to ruin it!” She said this yelling just right on Luna’s ear and her voice pierced her very soul. She always had the power to make her tremble. “Maybe I ought to teach her a lesson, something to remind her to be always careful from now on.” She looked at Mr. Park as if asking for permission and her husband just shrugged letting her do whatever it is she wants.
 
“Don’t worry honey I’ll take care of her,” she said threatening Luna more. “Come here.” She dragged Luna by the hair out of the study room startling Krystal who was just outside the door.
 
“Auntie please I won’t do it again please don’t hurt me,” Luna cried but her stepmother continued to drag her.
 
“Mom stop it! It’s not what you think it is!” Krystal shouted but her mom was deaf to all of these. Luna gasped as she landed on the hard marble floor.
 
“Stand up!” Mrs. Park’s voice is booming all over the house and even the maids were silently watching the scene torn between wanting to help their young miss and keeping their jobs. Luna slowly stood up with tears now on her eyes. “Look at me!” Mrs. Park slapped her yet again on the same cheek.
 
“Mom!” Krystal cried but before she could pull Luna away she saw her mom look to the doorway where Minho is standing. “Oppa…” Krystal watched as Minho’s expression hardened not even looking at any of them except at Luna who had bowed her head feeling ashamed that Minho had witnessed this.
 
“Minho-shi…” Mrs. Park said as Mr. Park joined them in the living room. Minho bowed to them and even greeted them.
 
“I came to see Luna,” Minho said now looking at Mr. Park. “I wanted to make something clear.”
 
“Minho if you’re here about the picture, uhm maybe we could still talk about this.” Mr. Park knew that the young Choi detested the idea of marriage to his daughter and he could use this to cancel the wedding.
 
When Minho saw Luna’s face he wanted to just leave the house with her. It was obvious she was hurt not to mention the tears that were hastily wiped dry. She didn’t even look at him.
 
“Yes, I’m here for that. Mr. Park, I think we need to talk if it’s okay with you.”
 
“Well of course, uhm let’s go to my office then.”
 
He didn’t stop to talk to her, not yet. He needs to settle this first. Once settled inside the study room Minho began. “The picture is just a big misunderstanding. I take all the blame for it, Luna has done nothing wrong so please don’t be angry at her.” Both Mr. and Mrs. Park were surprised by what he said. “I’ll take care of this mess, you don’t have to worry about my parents.”
 
“So you’re saying you still want to marry her?” Mr. Park was amazed at how things had turned out. It seems that Minho likes his daughter for real.
 
“Yes, I’m going to marry your daughter as planned,” Minho answered hating the way their eyes widened in surprise as to what he said. It’s all that matters to them, the wedding. “And I want ask for a favor, it’s not really something big and I’m sure you won’t have any problem with it.”
 
“Sure what’s that?” As long as Minho says he’ll still marry his daughter everything is fine with him.
 
“Don’t hurt Luna.”
 
Just one statement and Mr. Park knew he meant business. Minho looked him in the eye waiting for his response and Mr. Park smiled, his daughter found himself a man who’s in love with her and that’s even better for him. As long as Minho loves Luna, the Chois can’t break the engagement. He has a strong feeling Minho would even defy his parents just to be with her.
 
“I’m really sorry about that, my wife gets a bit rough sometimes with the girls since she only wants what’s best for them.” Minho doubts if Krystal was ever reprimanded for doing something wrong. But it does not matter to him, he wants to protect Luna.
 
“Promise me that won’t happen again,” he said firmly.
 
Mr. Park smirked, this boy got guts. He needs to be on the good side when it comes to dealing with the Choi’s firstborn. “I promise you that won’t happen again.”
 
“Thank you.  Can I see Luna now?”
 
_
 
 
 
Krystal accompanied Luna to her room, her own mother was even astonished at what she did but she ignored the stare she got from her. It really felt like it’s her fault even though she was not the one who posted the picture. She had the same thought anyway and maybe if she got a little braver she might have done it.
 
“Thank you Krystal,” Luna mumbled as she sat on the edge of her bed.
 
“What are you thanking me for?”
 
“Just thank you,” Luna said.
 
Krystal stood there watching Luna wipe the tears on her face and she felt a pain in her heart that she thought she’d never feel. She thought she’d forgotten this feeling. Suddenly as if time and place has no meaning Krystal walked over to where Luna was seated and embraced her.
 
“I’m sorry,” she said as her own tears fell too blurring her vision. Luna returned the gesture, so this is what it feels like to finally have a sister.
 
A soft knock on the door broke the moment and Krystal hastily wiped the tears dry and opened the door. It was Minho as she expected.
 
“Come in oppa, I was just leaving.” She said and looked at Luna one last time before leaving the two of them.
 
Minho closed the door behind him and slowly walked towards her. she looked up and saw the worry in his face. She saw him hesitate, maybe her face is not that nice to look at now she thought.
 
“Luna, I’m so sorry about this.” Minho pulled her enveloping her in his arms. Would she forgive him if she finds out that it was he who took that picture?
 
“Why are you saying that? It’s not your fault,” Luna said as she pulled out of the embrace.
 
He gently caressed her now slightly bruised cheek. “Let’s apply some medicine on this first.” He got up and got the first aid kit for her. She does not deserve this. “Luna I have to tell you something.”
 
“Huh? What is it?” She held his gaze like she held his heart. This could break whatever they have now. But it’s better to tell her himself than let her find out from others and of course she will.
 
“It was me,” Minho began. “I was the one who took that picture.” He waited for her response but she didn’t say a thing. His heart thundered feeling fear of what might happen after this. Will she forgive him? “I took that picture when Jonghyun kissed you. And to be honest I thought I could use that in the future to break our engagement.” Luna continued to stare at him. “I’m sorry Luna, I only did that because I didn’t want to marry you before. But now that everything has changed I regret everything I did before to hurt you, especially this one.” His blood still boils whenever he remembers the scene he had witnessed when he arrived. He can’t let that happen again.
 
Luna saw the uncertainty in his eyes, he was afraid that she would not forgive him. That’s not true of course, she already gave him his heart and with the sincerity he’s showing now he cannot deny her forgiveness besides as he had said it all happened before when he was still planning on breaking the engagement.
 
“I just want you to know that whatever happened before and no matter what may happen, I love you,” Minho paused as he stared at her calm and innocent face. “And you’re the only girl I’m going to take as my wife.”
 
So it means their engagement is still on and she smiled. That’s all that matters to her. She can’t take it if she’ll lose him now. Not now when he already has her heart. Minho reached for her and pulled her for a hug, she lightly rests her head on his chest as he her hair. “Thank you Minho for loving me even though I can’t offer you much.”
 
He breathed a sigh of relief when she said those words. She forgave him, even when she had suffered from what he did. “What are you talking about? You’ve already done a lot,” Minho said. “And you don’t have to do anything just be you. Just the way you are, that’s how I love you.” He continued to hug her close to his heart thankful for her compassion. He would not know what’d he’d do if she deny him that or if she turns away from him. He’d do anything to keep her.
 
 
 
_____________________
 
updated : 10/19/2012
 
tough day :(
thanks for reading