Chapter 53

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

Minho kept himself busy. He made the nights seemed like days. Still working like there was no tomorrow. It was his only way of coping, of somehow forgetting that he completely misses her. That night before she was released from the hospital Mr. Park had talked to him. He told Minho how sorry he was and that he’d spend the rest of his life paying for every pain he had caused the both of them. He promised Minho that he’d take care of Luna while they are away. He said that Luna will come to him when she’s ready.

 

“Let her rest, find peace in herself first. She has to feel the loss and accept it,” Mr. Park said to Minho. “Even though she’s not saying it, I think she never blamed you. It’s more like blaming herself. It would be easy for her to forgive you Minho even if you don’t ask for it, after all she forgave a father like me. I feel like she’s having a hard time forgiving herself. Sometimes it’s easier to tell others that it’s okay when they did something wrong to you than forgiving your own self. It’s easier to let go of other’s mistakes than to accept that you did something wrong. Now I’m not saying that she did something wrong, but that’s how she’s feeling right now. Give her more time. She’ll find her way back to you as long as you’re still there.”

 

“I’ll always be here.” Minho has said those words to Mr. Park and the older man’s face glowed with happiness.

 

“I’m glad she has someone like you.”

 

The hours of not having her close to him turned into days which turned into weeks. Not a single call from her. Krystal said Luna’s doing fine and she’s all healthy again. He badly wants to see Luna.

 

“Hyung.”

 

He was not even aware that Taemin is already in front of him.

 

“I think you should go home now,” Taemin said. Minho was glad Taemin did sustain any serious injury from the bullet he took. He couldn’t forgive himself if something happened to his brother. “It’s late and you’ve been working so hard.”

 

“You want to drink?”

 

_

 

 

“Unnie!” the kids called after Luna had said goodbye. It was another afternoon spent in the orphanage. She likes it here, it’s easy to laugh and smile when she’s around little children. She remembered one birthday party spent in another orphanage, her mom said she needs to help the underprivileged kids those who do not have parents to take care of them.

 

Her father was outside waiting for her. She was surprised when her father actually agreed to come here with her. She never thought that he’d do it.

 

“Appa!” she called him and he turned around waving at her. “Let’s go?” They both walked towards the villa they own. It was just a couple of minutes away from the orphanage. Every day Luna would spend her time with the kids. It actually helped her.

 

“Did Krystal call?” her father asked.

 

“Yes, she said she’s so excited about opening her own boutique.” Luna knew that it was Krystal dream.

 

“How about you? What are your plans for the future?” they walked slower than usual taking in the beauty of the setting sun.

 

“Uhm, I’m not sure yet appa…” Luna answered truthfully. If she was asked the same question months ago she’d gave a straight answer. She wanted to be Minho’s wife, take care of him and their house. And maybe open up her own coffee shop.

 

She thought of Minho. What would he be doing in Seoul? They never talked after the first night that she woke up. She was much too upset to even face him. But how about now?

 

“I’ll be going back to Seoul tomorrow. I’ll be gone for a week.” They finally reached the villa. “Would you be okay here? Do you want me to send Krystal here?”

 

“No, I’ll be fine here besides Krystal’s busy.” A couple serves as the villa’s caretaker. They also cook for them. She could already smell the delicious food in the kitchen. She also learned some new dishes from the kind Mrs. Cho.

 

Late that night when Luna was all alone inside her room thoughts of Minho came flooding in her mind. It was like a movie scene. The first time she saw him, the first time she approached him and their first date, first kiss and the first time they made love. Everything was so perfect, she never felt so happy until he came. Somehow she was thankful that her father made the deal with the Chois because she had a chance with Minho. She had a chance to be happy.

 

And suddenly she wanted to hear his voice. Her heart aches to see him again.

 

She lifted the phone and dialed a familiar number. It took five rings for him to pick up. Luna held her breath when she heard him speak.

 

“Hello?” Minho said on the other line. “Hello…?”

 

With her heart beating faster than usual Luna listened to Minho’s voice with closed eyes.

 

“Hey are you there? Who’s this?”

 

She opened to answer but no words came out. And slowly as if she lost all the strength in her body Luna dropped the phone but not before she heard Minho say her name.

 

“Luna…?”

 

_

 

Mr. Park went to the orphanage before leaving the island. He came to say goodbye to the kids whom he won’t be seeing for some time. He spent almost every day with these kids and he’s sure he will miss them. He was given a chance to be a father again here with the kids and with Luna. He remembered the first time he saw Luna. She was so tiny, she was a premature baby.

 

His wife just lost their baby, and the doctor said that she could no longer have any child. They went to other doctors and even went abroad but they have the same answer. They said her body is not fit to have another child again. But her wife really wanted to have a child. And so they decided to adopt and that’s how they got Luna.

 

His wife was so happy to see the baby for the first time and she even cried when she held her. He didn’t really like the idea but he did it for his wife. She had so much love to give and he knew the child would have a wonderful mother.

 

Luna grew up looking a lot more like his wife in every way, even the way she laughs and smiles. But he could not give her the love she needs and deserves because he has his own daughter and that’s Krystal. His illegitimate child whom he never really got to introduce to his father. He felt sorry for them because his father would not even acknowledge them. Why would he accept Luna whom he’s not even blood related? Krystal was his own flesh and blood and his father would not even see her. He could not say he hated Luna for that but he became distant, he didn’t want to get attached to the child.

The last time he could remember hugging Luna was when her mother died. The child cried and cried for days asking to see her mom again. Their house was never the same.

 

Then came his father’s death, and he decided that it’s time for Krystal and Luna to meet. He wanted them to be friends but Krystal never saw Luna as that. That’s when he became more distant with Luna. And then eventually he forgot to be her father until he read her diary. It was like reading her life, her pain and the small joys she gets every time he pays her attention at all.

 

Appa gave me a new pair of shoes, a little bit bigger than my size but it’s okay. I’m thankful that he remembered it was my birthday even though he didn’t greet me.

 

A picture was even attached to the journal entry, she took a photo of the shoes. He remembered giving those to her but not because he remembered her birthday. He actually bought the shoes for Krystal, but Krystal didn’t like it threw it away, that’s the reason why the size was bit big for Luna.

 

Auntie burned my books, those were umma’s gift to me. I miss umma…

 

Appa said I could go to the same school Krystal goes to. I’m so excited for college. He said I could get any course I want. Appa is getting old and he looks tired every time I see him come home from work. It must be really tiring running a big company. I want to help appa.

 

Luna wrote everything in her diary and that’s how he found out about Seunghyun and the baby. How Seunghyun hurts her and how he threatened to get the baby aborted if Luna won’t follow his orders. It was like a wakeup call. It was like seeing himself in Seunghyun. Luna grew up without love from him and he could not let her stay with a man who could never love her.

 

And that’s when he decided to break off the engagement with Seunghyun.

 

Even he, hated himself.

 

He wanted to do something for Luna before it was too late.

 

_____________________

and i just to share this pic..it's not mine though, someone posted it in iheartfx 

as i've read as the show was ending minho was standing behind krystal but moved to luna's side

he could have moved a little bit to Krystal's right and he'll still be seen even if she raises that thing she's holding... LOL or maybe he has other reasons why he moved to that side where Luna was clearly standing but my author-heart tells me another thing...kekekeke... hallucinating much? i can't find the exact episode where this happened to check it... so i'm trusting the pic here... anyone who knows who captured this beautiful epic moment? 

Let me know....

 

and i got two more votes for this fic.. so thank u!