Chapter 15

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

The most powerful symptom of love is a tenderness which becomes at times almost insupportable.
 
 
 
 
"You're bleeding," Minho felt Luna's gentle hand carressed his jaw. The guy had hit him good and he did not feel the pain until now. She removed her hands only to rummage through her bag after a while she found what she was looking for. It was a plaster and she quickly puts it on his face. How can she still be nice even after all the bad things done to her?
 
 
He knows he'll be making news in the campus again but he does not care, all he wanted was the hit the guy. 
 
 
He was suddenly aware of the silence surrounding them, they were inside his car now. Forget about walking to that restaurant. He looked at her and noticed her hand, it was bruised probably from the hit she took from that jerk. Without even knowing it her hand was already in his.
 
 
She was startled and gasped as she felt warm breath on her hand. 
 
 
"Minho..."
 
 
"Does it hurt too much?"
 
 
She shook her head. It really does not hurt if he holds it like that. There's something about being cared for that makes the pain worthwhile. But does he really care now?
 
 
"Uhm are we still eating out?" she suddenly remembers.
 
 
He was about to answer he when there was a knock on the window. It was Jonghyun, he opened the window and let goes of her hand.
 
 
"What's up?" Minho asked. It was obvious that Jonghyun just noticed Luna sitting beside him.
 
 
"You two going out?" he asks casually.
 
 
"Eating," Minho answered shortly. 
 
 
"Good, can I go? I'm hungry too," Jonghyun said and without even waiting for his reply he got in the backseat.
 
 
Minho had no choice but to go with Jonghyun along, it'd probably less awkward if he's with them.
 
 
"This place has the greatest pastas," Jonghyun said as they got a table and they were deciding on what to order of course Minho already knows that. "Hey Luna, try this one." He leans over to her since they were seated besides each other and shows her the menu. They were pouring over the menu when Minho made his order.
 
 
In the end Jonghyun and Luna ordered the same food.
 
 
"Oh you got some dirt on your shoulder," Jonghyun said and even dusted Luna's shoulder the get rid of the dirt. 
 
 
"Thanks." Luna timidly says to him.
 
 
Jonghyun grins and faces Minho, the latter just stared at the other two. Jonghyun smoothly talks about the party he attended last night and how he got hot chicks in less than 5 minutes. Finally their orders arrive.
 
 
"Hmmm, see it tastes good right?" Jonghyun says after taking a mouthful. Luna smiles and nods at him.
 
 
That smile. One minute she was quiet and now she freely smiles at another guy. Jonghyun sure has some ways with girls. He kept on talking the whole meal, and what amazed Minho is that he was naturally talking to a girl. He didn't brag about himself or say something funny just to get noticed or impress the girl. He was just being the usual him, like when he's just with friends. Luna was a good listener and nods and responds at the right moment. She made him feel like whatever he's saying is important and worth listening to.
 
 
And then she laughed. It wasn't loud or irritating like other girls. Jonghyun must have said something really funny for her to laugh. It was a first and he silently thanked Jonghyun for causing it. Even if it's not because of him, he was happy that Luna laughed.
 
 
"Wait, what happened to your hand?" Jonghyun had now noticed the bruise on her hand when she used it to cover while laughing.
 
 
"Nothing, it's nothing," she tries to avoid his eyes but he grabs her hand and examines it. 
 
 
"This must really hurt, we should put something on it."
 
 
Jonghyun looked at Minho like he was blaming him for the bruise on Luna's hand. But Minho snatched her hand away from him.
 
 
"That's just nothing," Minho said sounding harsh again. "You should not worry about it."
 
 
Luna excused herself and went to the washroom leaving the two alone.
 
 
"So what happened?"
 
 
Minho told Jonghyun the incident and he was not surprised the anger he saw in his friend's eyes.
 
 
"That explains your face," he said after hearing Minho's story. "I heard from Krystal that you dropped by their place."
 
 
"Oh that," Minho again told Jonghyun what happened minus the kissing part.
 
 
"She's got some pathetic life," Jonghyun commented. "You're still on your plan right?" It was so untimely how he reminds him of his plan. But Minho ignored his question and was glad when he did not pester him about it.
 
 
Sure he still did not want to marry her, that's another story. But knowing how Luna suffers from her family and from other people bothers him even if he ignores it. He still could not forget the look on her face, helpless, hopeless, unwanted, and alone. How could someone like her take so much pain? Now it's clear to him that she's not just some trying to marry someone rich to get richer.
 
 
He may not be a good guy but he's not that evil too.
 
 
She's no longer the annoying girl who had introduced herself to him in front of his friends. The girl whom his parents want him to marry. The girl who played worst in bowling and got kissed by his friend. 
 
 
She's been hurt many times by people who live with her, by her family who was supposed to love her first. Those people who look down upon her and laughs at how miserable she looks. It angered him that those people ridicule her. In any way, whatever they say or do against her will hit him since they're a couple in everyone's eyes even if they were just forced to be one.
 
 
She's now his fiancee. Luna is now his girl.
 
 
His.
 
 
And no one has the right to hurt her. No one is allowed to break her but him.
 
 
 
 
 
________________________
date written : 05/20/2012 (Sunday evening....)
updated: 05/21/2012
 
 
I know, I know, I know...
that it's a late update :(
i'm having a "writer's block" and it's not yet fully fixed :(
but please continue to support the fic guys 
and do leave a message or anything ^^
 
cheer me up LOL ^^
 
have a nice evening
A BIG THANKS TO:
 
@mai994: your so quick on commenting :) i love u!
 
@BeatBoxer: i'm glad u like the updates and thanks for always leaving comments :)
 
@jaques_yona: thanks for the support and hope u like my update ^^
 
@ParyMiyoung: haha, yeah Minho got some problems with being nice and all.. i'm looking forward to seeing some taemin action too ^^
 
@shiny_luna: thank you and i'm glad u liked the update
 
@valentina: Minho XD! :) and the guy who bullied Luna is just some random character not important hihihi..
 
@TuhaTheNinjafish: yeah, i'm kinda liking Minho too when he tries so hard not to care but ends up still helping her... 
 
@heaven666: glad u understand :) i can't update on both at the same time cuz sometimes get confuse since i have shinee on both fics...