Chapter 38

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

It was one thing to be stared at because of admiration, or because they’re jealous of your new arrival bag or because you’re hair looks gorgeous but to be stared at like you had done a heinous crime for something that you didn’t do, it was torture. Krystal was used to be in the center of attention, but not like this. She’s a known in school and yes she’s a bully and she knows some students hate her for what she is but that’s okay with her because she had done that. But right now everyone is talking about how she posted those pictures, that she wants to break up Luna and Minho. She wanted to fight back, tell them to stop murmuring, gossiping and staring at her but what’s the use? The people who mattered or that is the person who matters now does not even believe her. Let them think what they want to think. She doesn’t care anymore.

Krystal finally got inside the girls restroom, and she was lucky no one was here except her. She wanted to be free of those eyes and those mouths who kept talking nonsense about her as if they do not have a bad bone in their bodies. She looked at herself in the mirror and sighed.

The door opens and came in Sulli. Krystal felt a sudden chill and without realizing it she glared at Sulli who just ignored her.

“It was you!” Krystal said at last but Sulli continued to ignore her. “I know it’s you who posted those pictures!”

Sulli smirked and turned to her. “What are you talking about? Are you trying to put the blame on someone else for something that you obviously did?”

Krystal’s brows met and clenched her fists, she’ll prove it. Somehow her mind tells her that it was Sulli who did all of these. She knows a when she sees one, as they say it takes one to know one.

“You know you can’t break them just like that.” Krystal pretended to fix her hair as Sulli put on some make-up. “Minho oppa loves her. You must know it too since you’ve been with him. He’s someone who takes everything seriously once he’s heart is into it. He loves my sister.”

Sulli let out a laugh. “So you’re calling that little you’re sister now? Come on Krystal we both know you want Minho too.” Sulli left after saying this but Krystal remained there thinking of the last words she said. Did she still want Minho? True she’d been crushing on him for so long now but she can’t really find the reason why. It was so easy to say it before but now that so many things had happened she has to admit that’s she’s confuse. Does she really like Minho or is it because a lot of girls want him? Or maybe because he is immune to her that he had seemed like a challenge to her?

She tried hard to concentrate on thinking and visualizing Minho’s face, but another image appeared. No, it can’t be! Why would she even think of him? She can’t do that, not now when she has her diary back. She doesn’t need him anymore and won’t be bothered by him no more. She collected herself and took another glance at the mirror before deciding to go out of the restroom. Slowly making her way to the main hall with her head bowed down to avoid seeing students talking about her or just plain staring at her, she walked faster gaining confidence again but walked straight into the man she just imagined earlier.

“Yah! Watch where you’re going!” Krystal yelled and it felt like she was back to normal again.

“It was you who was not looking with your head bowed down,” said a sarcastic voice and she looked up to find Onew’s annoyed face. “

“Onew…” Krystal said his name aloud and felt stupid for doing so. She had not seen him after that incident, she never touched her diary. Never even wrote anything on it yet. “Can we talk?” The word please was hidden in her eyes but Onew who refused to look at her didn’t see this instead he stepped aside to avoid her.

“We’ve got nothing to say to each other,” Onew said. “You said it yourself, once you get your diary back we’ll act like complete strangers and never even have to look at each other.”

Krystal was hurt but she can’t let him see it. This is already too much for her asking him to talk to her so she pushed him aside and walked out. Who does he think he is? It’s not as if she did something wrong really. Well of course she did, and she’s trying so hard to make it right. And having to admit that she was wrong is really a lot for her to do. Fine, if he does not want to talk then so be it!

_

 

Luna waited for Minho just outside the school gates, he left earlier to bring some documents to his dad but promised to be back to pick her up. It was still early but she no longer wanted to stay inside the campus where everyone thinks they have the right to judge her or Krystal. It was too much for her, all the attention and all this mess. Everything only seems to be right when she’s with Minho and so she waited patiently for him. A car stopped a few meters from her from the looks of it the owner must be filthy rich she looked away quite quickly since she knew it’s not Minho. She checked her phone yet again for a message; the message however was not from him but from Amber.

“I’m so glad you’re here,” a voice said and it sounded familiar when she turned it was to find Seunghyun smiling sweetly at her. “Luna, it’s nice to see you again.”

Luna could not manage to smile so she opted to bow her head and said “Same here,” she lied and looked away.

“I know you’re maybe wondering what I’m doing here but you’ll soon find out. There’s no need to rush but I just want to make sure you’re fine.”

“Excuse me?” she wondered what he’s talking about.

“I heard about the pictures,” Seunghyun supplied and managed to look sad or even upset which confused her more. Why would he care?

“Minho and I are okay,” Luna said without knowing why. She felt like he’s implying something and felt defensive.

“Really huh?” Seunghyun smirked with the same arrogance he showed the first time she saw him. “We’ll see about that then.”

“What do you mean?” Luna asked feeling like he knows something that would affect her relationship with Minho.

He advanced towards her and grabbed her hand in one go. “You’ll know when the time is right, for now I’ll let you be with him.”

“Let go of her!” a very angry Minho greeted the two of them. She didn’t even notice that he was already there. She pulled her arm from Seunghyun’s grasp and was glad when the latter didn’t make an attempt to take it back.

“Minho,” the alarm in her voice is apparent. Minho however pulled her beside him and continued to glare at Seunghyun.

“What do you think you’re doing?” he asked and though he’s seething with anger his hand holding Luna is still gentle.

“What? Luna and I are just having a nice little chat here, until you came,” Seunghyun answered with menacing smile.

“Don’t you dare try to touch her again or even talk to her, you hear me?” Minho said through gritted teeth. Seunghyun just shrugged. “Come on Luna.”

“You might have her now Minho but I’ll have her in the end,” Seunghyun said before the can go any further. “Just have fun with her while you can.”

Minho turned to shot back a retort but Seunghyun had walked away. What does he mean by having fun with Luna while he still can? Is he crazy? Who does he think he is giving him such an advice?

“Minho,” Luna finally called him seeing the mixture of anger and frustration in his face. “I’m sorry about that, he just came to me suddenly –”

“It’s not your fault,” Minho countered. “That guy always brings trouble to me, I don’t know why we have to be born in the same lifetime. Just don’t talk to him no matter what the situation is, okay? He’s nothing but trouble Luna.”

Luna nodded and he pulled her for a quick hug feeling relieved to find her safe. Seunghyun is acting really strange, and for some reason he feels like he’s going to do something to break them up.

“Why don’t we go watch a movie and maybe have a nice dinner after?” he said trying to lighten the mood. He’ll worry about Seunghyun later for now he’ll enjoy this moment with her.

_

*Days after...*

Krystal had no choice but to leave her car since someone conveniently busted her tires. A note on her car says that she knew just who did it her former friends at least she thought of them as friends. She thought of the things she did with them and for them and realized just how empty their friendship is. She clutched her bag tighter feeling lost for no reason at all. She’s used to being surrounded by people, showered attention and flattery but right now she had no one.

“Need a ride?” a random guy asked her and she noticed she had taken the wrong way. She continued walking and ignored the guy who was following her with his car. “Hey why don’t you get in here and we could both enjoy the night?” She walked faster when the guy got out of his car and ran after her. “Slow down baby, I just want to get to you.”

“Yah don’t touch me!” Krystal screamed even before the guy could lay a finger on her. The guy chuckled and advanced towards her.

“What’s your name?” the guy asked.

“And why do you want to know?” Krystal’s head turned immediately to the owner of that voice. There’s no mistaking who it was. She saw Onew getting near them until he was finally in front of her blocking the guy. “Why do you want to know my girlfriend’s name?”

“Uh no-nothing, uhm I got to go –“ the guy run to his car without even a glance at Krystal. She just realized Onew called her his girlfriend.

He faced her and the worry in his eyes are evident Krystal was not sure why but her heart fluttered. Why would he be worried of her? Isn’t he angry at her? But she maybe just mistaken for that worry vanished and he turned away from her. He already a few steps ahead when she realized that he was actually leaving her there.

“Yah do you think you can just go after saying that I’m your girlfriend?” she shouted at Onew who walked three steps more before stopping. She breathed a sigh of relief when he stopped even though his back was still on her. “You can’t just call me your girlfriend whenever you want to!”

Onew finally turned back to her and she bravely walked towards him.

“I just helped you with that guy, you should be saying thank you,” Onew answered. He didn’t notice the way Krystal moved closer to him.

“Why did you help me?” Krystal asked as she is now in front of him.

“I –” Onew stopped, he didn’t know why. He didn’t know why he followed her, something in him just clicked when he saw her looking so sad and walking out of the campus alone. It just didn’t feel right. Yes, he was angry at her for lying but he could not torment her for that forever. It just hurt him when she lied to him because somehow he thought that they were already getting close, maybe even friends even though they often fight and bicker. “I don’t know…”

“You don’t know?” Now Krystal is confused too. Onew met her eyes and for some weird reason his eyes wandered down her soft lips and she smiled. “Maybe this could help.” He didn’t know how it happened, one time he was just following her and now she’s kissing him and he’s kissing her back. The shock was just for a second or two after that he’s kissing her like he’d never kissed a girl before. He pulled back trying to catch his breath but Krystal pulled him for another round. His mind might be going crazy now but this is really happening. Her hands s around his neck and they kiss some more.

“Now what were you saying?” Krystal said with her face flushed and her breathing hard.

“I’m sorry Krystal,” Onew said and her heart sank. How could he say sorry after that amazing kiss they shared? She saw Onew open his mouth again but she could not take another word from him, she backed away and sent her palm on his face for a hard slap. Onew’s head jerked to the other side and his face was in shock even Krystal’s.

“What was that for?” Onew almost shouted with his hand on his injured face.

“That was for being a jerk you know,” Krytal tried to leave him but he was quick enough to grab her hand.

“Wait, I said I’m sorry okay? I know I should have listened to your explanation. I know I should have believed you.”

“You mean you’re saying sorry because you didn’t believe me when I said I didn’t post those pictures?” Her eyes widened and she clasped . “Oh, I thought you were sorry because you kissed me.” Now she felt a pang of guilt seeing the redness on his right cheek.

“What? Why would I be sorry that I kissed you?”

“So you don’t regret it?”

“I liked it,” Onew answered and held her hand while the other cupped her face. “Actually I like you.”

“You do? Are you sure?” She’s afraid that he’s just playing with her. Maybe even testing her or something.

“I’ve been thinking about you a lot, I’m sorry for what I did –”

“No, I was the one who lied.” Krystal was quick to interrupt him. “I’m sorry Onew.”

Onew smiled hearing her say those words. He knew Krystal is not one to say sorry just easily. He pulled her for hug and nestled his head on the crook of her neck. “So does this mean you like me too?”

Krystal smiled feeling so happy she could cry. “Only if you kiss me again.”

 

 

 

____________

 what's that arrow beside the title?? do u vote for the fic or sth?? well it seems only two clicked it.. 

 

hmm.. my birthday's coming soon...like two days from now.. keke...ready to accept gifts here ^^

maybe we'll have an encounter between Taemin and Sulli for the next chapter.. what do u think???