Chapter 39

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

 

Taemin watched as Sulli finally ended the call. He heard everything, from the time she said hello up to now that the conversation is over. Yes, all he heard was a one-sided conversation but it was enough for him. Sulli put her phone back to her bag and turned to find him staring at her.

“Taemin…” she hushed eyes wide. “What are you doing here?” She thought she was alone here in an empty classroom.

“How could you?” he said in a harsh tone not minding the way she flinched. “How could you do that? It might be that you’re just thinking of getting hyung back but haven’t you asked yourself if he wants you back too?”

Sulli smirked as if what he said was nothing. So what if he found out that she was the one who posted all those pictures? Yes she took Minho’s phone and she got lucky to find such a picture in it.

“You do realize you’re being selfish here again?” Taemin accused now angered even more by the way she looks at him. This is not the Sulli he loved. He’s looking at a completely different woman right now.

“So? I’ll have Minho back if I want to,” she stubbornly said and held her head up high. “Your mother could not stop me before and that mousy little geek is no match for me.”

“Sulli, why don’t you just leave them alone?” Taemin said. “You had your chance with hyung and you blew it big time –”

“No Taemin! You’re the one who blew it! Your mother found out about us! And that’s why she forced me to leave Minho! I had no choice but to do as your mother wished.”

“You’re wrong, you always have a choice. I don’t think you love hyung, you just love yourself.” Taemin could no longer take talking to her so he turned around ready to leave but Sulli called him back.

“You do know that if you tell him anything you’ll be in trouble too,” Sulli warned and Taemin faced her again with the same anger on his face.

“And I thought you’re the perfect girl,” he smiled bitterly. “You know what, I’m glad I lost you. I’m just sad you got my brother too. But whatever you’ll do Luna gets to keep him. They love each other but you won’t ever understand that will you? You just love yourself Sulli.”

Sulli laughed at him. “You talk too much and that’s how I ended up not choosing you. You see how everybody ends up liking Minho more? Even your own mother chose him over you.” She walked over him, standing close to the man she once said she loves but never did. She saw the hurt Taemin tried to disguise but she knows him too well. Sulli stole another glance and left him.

 

_

 

Onew waited outside Krystal’s room, a few girls tried to get his attention but he either ignored them or he’s just now immune to them. The bell finally rings and Krystal was one of the students who came out first. She was a bit surprised to see him there waiting but still greeted him with a smile. Onew on the other hand quickly grabs her hand and holds it still.

“Come on let’s have lunch,” he said grinning at her for no reason at all.

“Oh lunch?”

“Wae? Don’t tell me you’re going to skip it again? I told you you’re already too skinny, you’ve got to eat.” He pulled her out of the way since a lot of students are now crowding along the corridor to get to the canteen. “Come on,” he pulled her but Krystal refused to budge. “What’s wrong?”

“You’re going to meet with them right?” Onew knew right away that by ‘them’ she means his friends.

“Yeah,” he answered. “Don’t worry, I’ve talked to them already. Even Luna did. They all know it’s not you.”

“But –”

“Krystal,” he called her name and she looked at him. “What are you afraid of?”

Krystal wanted to tell him she didn’t want to be with his friends because she knew they don’t like her. But she ddin’t want Onew to stay away from them. What if they tell him to not meet her anymore? Jonghyun might not be that of a problem, he always acts cool and looks like he does not care at all. But Amber is another matter.

“Amber won’t be there,” Onew blurted like he just read her mind. He didn’t wait for her reply and just pulled her along. Krystal did not object anymore and just let him lead her. She quickly recognized Luna and Minho sitting together with Jonghyun and Key. Taemin and Amber were both absent.

Onew greeted them one by one and each returned the greeting. Then everyone turned to her. Luna smiled warmly at her. Key and Jonghyun just stared at her like waiting for something to be said.

“Omo, you all got your food already?” Onew said seeing the trays of food on the table. “I’ll get us something to eat first,” he said particularly to Krystal and left her. She felt alone even when Luna was there and the stares of Key and Jonghyun are not helping at all.

“Uhm, why don’t you take a seat first?” Minho offered and though he didn’t smile at her just the fact that he’s talking to her somehow reassured her that it’d be fine. She knew right away that he and Luna were holding hands beneath the table event though she could not see it.

“So,” Key began to speak which made her nervous all of a sudden. “You and Onew are…?”

She met Key’s expecting eyes and Jonghyun cleared his throat when it looked like she would not answer.

“Are you and Onew dating?” Jonghyun asked straight away. “I mean for real now?”

Even Luna and Minho waited for her answer. “Yeah I think so.” Krystal met four pairs of eyes, one excited and looked happy, two looked surprised and the last one seemed unconvinced.

“So you like him?” another question from Jonghyun. She didn’t know why she’s letting him question her like this but she nodded her head as her answer. “And he said he likes you too?” She nodded again.

“Are you sure?” Key said and Krystal wanted to flick his forehead but held herself.

“I’m happy to hear that Krystal,” Luna said even before Jonghyun could open his mouth again and Krystal silently thanked her sister. She saw Minho glaring at Key when the latter tried to speak again. “You two look good together,” Luna continued and Onew came back at last with a mountain of food.

“Haven’t you eaten for a week?” Jonghyun asked him when he placed the tray on the table but Onew just grinned at him. Onew insisted that she eat so she grabbed a sandwich and slowly took a bite of it. The atmosphere changed suddenly now that Onew is here. Jonghyun and Key became friendlier.

“Yah that’s not for you Jonghyun,” Onew was quick to snatch the sandwich away from Jonghyun. “It’s for Krystal.”

“But she haven’t even finished the sandwich in her hand right now,” Jonghyun complained trying to reach for the said sandwich.

“Onew he’s right. I can’t finish another sandwich. Besides you bought too much food.” Krystal said and Onew gave up the sandwich. Key also grabbed an apple from the tray and before Onew could stop him he already took a bite from it.

“Hmmm delicious,” Key said.

“Aish, Kibum!” Onew exclaimed and Luna can’t help but chuckle seeing the look on Key’s face. Lunch time passed by so quickly and Krystal found herself alone with Luna. They were walking to their next class. Luna smiled remembering how Key and Onew argued after Onew called him Kibum. From what she knows only Amber is allowed to call him that.

“Luna,” Krystal called her seeing the amusement on her face. “You think they’ll ever accept me? I mean, you think they’ll ever let me be Onew’s girlfriend? I don’t really care if it’s just me but since they are Onew’s friends I want them to accept me too. Not as a friend of course but as Onew’s girlfriend. I know Onew treats them as brothers.”

“You’re right, Onew treats them like brothers and that’s why you don’t have to worry,” Luna said. “Key and Jonghyun are just too playful, they like to tease whenever there is a chance.” Luna let out a soft laugh remembering the times they would and Minho.

“I just hope everything turns out fine,” Krystal said. “I don’t want cause trouble for Onew and his friends.”

“Of course not,” Luna assured her. “I’m sure they saw how happy Onew was earlier and as good friends they’d support him.”

“I hope so,” Krystal said. “I just feel like this is too good to be true. Onew is too nice for me. I feel like I don’t deserve him.” Luna stopped walking and so did Krystal.

“Don’t say that Krystal,” Luna said. “You deserve to be happy too. Onew is lucky to have you.”

Krystal smiled hearing her say those words. “Thanks.”

 

_

 

“So she’s still not your girlfriend?” Key exclaimed and Onew shot him a glare since other students heard him too.

“Do you mind not shouting it to the whole campus?” Onew said.

“Sorry, I was just surprised.”

“But you two like each other right?” Jonghyun asked leaning on the tree. They have a free period so he, Key, Onew and Minho decided to just hang out until their next class.

“Of course we do,” Onew said. “I just wanted to find the perfect timing to officially ask her.”

“Man you’re too cheesy,” Key said.

“As if you’re not when it comes to Amber,” Onew retorted and earned a laugh from Jonghyun and Minho.

“Well I can’t help it, Amber likes me that way,” Key agreed.

“When would you ask her though?” Minho finally asked. He had been just listening to the other three and Onew was glad Minho was taking him seriously.

“On Valentine’s Day,” Onew answered with smile on his face. “I have it all planned.” He can’t help feel excited whenever he thinks of it.

“Valentine’s Day?” Minho and Key asked at the same time.

“Wae?” Onew asked backed.

“Wait that’d be like two days from now,” Minho said and the other three noticed the panic on his face.

“What’s wrong?” Key was the one who asked.

“I have nothing planned!” Minho said as if angered at them for not telling them sooner.

“Oh you mean for Luna?” Jonghyun said. “You could just take her to dinner. Maybe take her shopping or something.”

“Aish Luna does not like shopping,” Key scolded Jonghyun as if he said something wrong. “Luna is like a child. She likes simple things.” Onew and Minho nodded understanding what Key meant while Jonghyun just shrugged.

“Well why don’t you just uhm buy her something she likes, I know she likes reading like Taemin,” Jonghyun tried again.

“That’s too simple,” Minho said.

“How about giving her jewelry? And a bouquet of flowers?” suggested Jonghyun again.

“That’s too common,” Key said like Jonghyun offended him.

“Chocolates maybe?” another one from Jonghyun.

“No,” all three said startling Jonghyun.

“Stuff– ” Jonghyun was not even able to finish his words ‘cause Key sent him warning glare.

“Yah! At least I’m giving you some idea here,” Jonghyun blurted feeling annoyed at them but they just ignored him.

All three were in deep thoughts while Jonghyun just continued to enumerate other things Minho could do but none of these were considered.

“I know!” Key suddenly shouted scaring Jonghyun. “I know what you’ve got to do,” Key said feeling confident. Jonghyun tried to ask him about it but he just smirked looks like only Minho would know about it first.

“Onew, how about you take Krystal to the beach and you two watch the sunset?” Jonghyun suggested again having given up on Minho’s case.

“Oh I’ve got everything planned already, thanks for the idea Jonghyun but I think you should just use it to find yourself a girlfriend.”

“Onew’s right you know,” Key said. “It’s time you settle for one girl.” Jonhyun and Minho exchanged looks. Minho knew Jonghyun had settled for one girl long before any of them did but the problem is she never had him in her heart at least not like he does. Jonghyun sighed and let out a laugh. Minho then started to talk about other things to let the moment pass. He understands Jonghyun, he only hopes that someday he’ll find another girl. Someone who will love him just as he deserves to be loved.

 

_________________

updated: 11-09-12

Thanks for the lucky number "7" who voted for the fic :) i hope all you readers would vote ^^

and for those who greeted me "KOMAWO" did i spell it right? LOL no time to check it.. i'll be busy with reading manga for a few minutes so i'll wait for your COMMENTS guys :)

IF I GET A THOUSAND VOTES I'LL UPDATE ANOTHER CHAPTER!!! lol KIDDING, I KNOW THAT'S A LOT TO ASK.. I'D BE HAPPY WITH A HUNDRED THOUGH... 

*don't mind me readers i'm just trolling here but please vote like seriously HAHA... 

HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE!

have u voted for TVXQ in MAMA?? hehe.. i know u guys have ur own bias but if u can squeeze in my babies i'd be happy ^________^