Chapter 17

My Unwilling Fiancé

Luna was left alone sitting in the living room while Minho went up to his room. She really wanted to at least make herself presentable but Minho said she looks okay. She asked a mad where the restroom is so she could at least fix her hair and put some powder on her face. It didn't take long before she was all done and she out of the restroom. On the way back she saw Taemin going down the stairs.

"Oh Luna!", he said surprised to see her but a smile crept up on his face. "My brother didn't say you were coming."

Luna smiled and greeted him as well. There's something in his smile that warms her up though she could not put a name on it, it's a great feeling.

"Hey I got the book for you, I was going to give it when I see you in school but I forgot about it", he said with a sheepish grin. Then Taemin pulled her arm gently. "Come on it's my room. You can also check out the other books, that way you can choose which ones you like to borrow."

"Is it okay?", Luna asked hesistant to follow him.

"Of course", he led her up then. Taemin's room is almost four times bigger than her room, it's very bright and spacious and everything looks refreshing just like him.

"Here it is", he said grabbing a book that was on his side table.

"Thanks", said Luna. She looked around his room it was full of books. Have you read all of these?"

"Yes, there's a lot more in the library but I keep my favorites here", he explained.  He watched as Luna opened the book and was soon engrossed in reading the first page. "Why don't you sit down first", he suggested and automatically Luna sits on his bed. She was just like him whenever he gets the chance to read a good book. He smiled seeing her so caught up in reading. His brother might have brought her here for dinner since their parents would be coming home. She looks cute while reading and he can't help but sit next to her.

It did not take him a while before he noticed the faint smell of citrus mixed with lavender on her hair, must be her shampoo. The way she carefully turns a page, her delicate hands that look so small compared to his. He even onticed the calm breaths she took and how her lashes move whenever she blinks.

A few strands of hair fell from behind her ears and he reached out to tuck it in only then did she realize that he was still there watching her, even sitting beside her. She got so caught up reading that she was lost for a moment.

They look into each others eyes and for a brief moment Luna felt her heart stopped. It was only for a second or even two or she could have only imagined it because a voice so familiar to her now had called her name before she could even think of what she felt.

"Luna", Minho said from the doorway. She quickly stood up like a child caught stealing a cookie from the cookie jar even after being told not eat it.

"Minho", his name came out like a whisper.

"I searched the whole house looking for you", he said still not moving from where he stands.

"Sorry I was - "

"It's my fault hyung, I asked her to come up to get the book. I should have just brought it down for her", Taemin said before she could finish.

"Yeah, you should have", Minho said and only then did she notice the way his jaw clenched. Is he angry because he got tired of searching for her? "What are still doing there? Do you want to stay here all night?" He didn't even take his eyes off her refusing to look anywhere else.

Luna quickly moved to go but Taemin stopped her holding onto her elbow. Again her heart stopped for a second. But she could feel the burning stare coming from the man standing on the doorway.

"You forgot this", Taemin said still with his sunny smile.

"Thanks", she muttered.

"Minho had seen it too and became even more annoyed with both of them. It was true that he searched the whole house for her only to find her in this room. In his brother's room.

"Luna", he called for her again and she quickly grabbed the book from Taemin muttering her goodbye to him. He felt like the outside and felt like a villain trying to break up a happy couple. But his the fiance!

They walked in silence with Luna taking small steps to follow him.

He didn't know if he was annoyed because she roamed around not telling him causing him to look everywhere for her or because he found him with his brother Taemin.

He didn't like the feeling at all. Seeing her to comfortable with him even sitting on his bed. What bothered him the most is how Taemin looks at her at that moment when he came. It was weird but it made him feel like it was hard to breathe. And worse, Jonghyun's words kept on replaying in his mind.

 

_

 

 

"Luna, what do you say we start planning your wedding?", Mrs. Choi said while they were having desert. Dinner went on fine, Taemin and Mrs. Choi did most of the talking. "Just the simple things like the guests you want to invite or your wedding dress."

Luna swallowed hard thinking of choosing a dress for her wedding. Minho noticed this and quickly answers for her.

"We're still busy with school stuff mom, don't worry we'll tell you once we're ready to plan the wedding", Minho said.

Mrs. Choi smiles so like her youngest son, she was so happy that finally Minho had accepted that he's going to marry Luna. She could really not ask for more.

"Oh by the way, it's my birthday next week. Make sure you're free", Mrs. Choi said.

It was easy to talk to Mrs. Choi just like it was easy to talk with Taemin. Minho is more like his father in so many ways.

"I can't wait for you two to get married. I want a grand wedding with lots of guests...", Mrs. Choi went on talking about the wedding while the others were just listening. She kept on talking about wedding plans and their future.

Luna was taking a sip of her tea when Mrs. Choi mentioned about having a grandchild as soon as possible and as many as they can. She even had a number in mind that made her choke on her tea.

"Are you okay?", Minho rubs her back while Luna tries to regain her breath.

"You should not talk about those things yet", Mr. Choi said to his wife though in truth he wanted grandchildren soon too but he knows they're not ready yet.

"Oh I'm sorry dear, did I scare you?", Mrs. Choi said worriedly.

Luna shook her head. "It's fine, I'm okay." But her heart is racing and thumping like a drum.

She felt more relaxed when they had finished dinner and she was now alone with Minho inside their library. His parents decided to rest since they are tired from the trip.

Luna was amazed on the number of books they have in their library, she kept on walking on each isle trying to check each book. Minho quietly follows behind.

"My father loves to read", Minho shared. "Taemin and him likes to read actually."

"How about you?", Luna had asked before she can stopped herself. She forgot it was Minho she's with and not Taemin.

If he was surprised that she asked he did not show it. "I prefer outdoor activities though I read them too."

"Oh, I love reading", she said absentmindedly. "Mom loved reading too." She run to the corner when she noticed a collection of books. "Oh you have these?" She ran a hand on the books touching the binds.

"You read those?"

"Yeah, actually I had the collection before."

She's not telling him something.

"What happened to it?", he asked. He could not really see her face.

"I lost them, I don't know really. Krystal... when they moved in... well there were changes..."

"And...?"

"She wanted my room, the one I had used since I was born. My mom actually designed that room, the only one she did. But when Krystal occupied it, they had it changed. Everything, down to the little details. All I had left is one picture of my room."

"What happened to your books?"

"Auntie said they threw them. Since mom is gone, no one's going to read them...", she stopped talking now the tears had come again. She remembers searching for the books all over the house. Her mom left her those books but they had thrown them like trash.

Suddenly she found herself engulfed in an embrace, strong arms around her like a shelter, like refuge. She didn't want to but her body had already done it. Burying her face into his chest, fully aware of the beating of his heart. The tears came like she had just lost her mother, just like it was yesterday when it all happened. She felt so alone that day, like she had no one that loves her. No one to tell her that she's pretty, that she's doing good and that she's a blessing.

Minho rested his chin on top of her head, she was so small and having her close like this makes him feel like she was a child so vulnerable. She really had it tough.

Her cries turned into sobs and he pulled closer, she finally succumbs to his embrace and puts her arms around his waist.

"I miss her so much...", she managed to say in between her sobs.


_


"Better?", he asked her once they were in his car and was about to go to send her home. Luna nods her head and adjusted her seatbelt. It was amazing how things between them had changed in such a short time. Could it be that he had already accepted her as his fiancee for real?

Minho knew she was exhausted from too much crying, it's not easy holding those tears for so long. She needed that, needed to release those tears.

"Is Taemin asleep?", she asked before he could start the car.

"Why?"

"Well I wanted to say goodbye and to thank him again for the book."

"I'll tell him for you", he said. He saw her look back at the house but could not see her face. "You want to go back and tell him now?"

"No, he might be sleeping already", she answered.

The ride was silent and no words were exchanged. Minho thought of the things Jonghyun said. What if Luna falls for another guy? What would he do? What if his plans would not go well? What if they don't get the Park's support for their company? Or what if Luna ends up falling for his brother? What if their parents decide to let Taemin marry her? He had wished for it to happen before, but right now...

He stopped the car and turned to Luna only to find her peacefully sleeping with her head hanging. She must really be tired, she looked so at peace he didn't had to heart to wake her.

He studied her face. She's not really ugly but you can't say she's stunning or has the most gorgeous face. Her eyes are pretty though, still she's really not his type.

Luna stirred and felt like someone's watching her. She woke up from her short nap and found Minho staring at her. He didn't look away, they eyes were locked for a couple of seconds before she looked away.

"Luna..."

"Neh..."

"You want to marry me right?"

"Huh? Of course", she answered without hesitation.

"Well what if you find someone who loves you and you fall for him too?"

She was silent for a moment, not knowing how to answer him. He might be just saying this to get rid of her but somehow she felt like they were already passed that stage.

"I don't know... I haven't really thought of that. And I haven't fallen in love yet..."

"Haven't you liked someone before? Just a simple crush or something?"

Luna thought it was odd for them to talk about this. No one had asked her but her bestfriend about this stuff.

"I don't have one", she answered truthfully.

"Well what is your ideal guy?"

She turned to Minho not sure if he had really asked that question.

"Come on tell me."

She looked away not wanting to let him see her face because right now she's blushing. The feel of lips on hers is still fresh and how those arms had cradled her when she cried.

"A guy who would love me as I am."

"Be more specific", he demanded and Luna wished he would just stop this.

Luna remained still so Minho urged her to say something.

"Just describe him. Do you want someone tall? Does he have to be a genius? Do you like someone muscular? Funny?"

"I don't really have an ideal guy."

"Really?"

"Yes."

"How about someone like Jonghyun?"

"Jonghyun? Your friend?" Minho nodded this time and waited for her answer. Luna remembered her first kiss and Minho also realized it too late. Jonghyun had her first kiss.

"Uhm, forget about him. He's too much of a player. How about Onew?"

"Onew? He smiles a lot", she smiled when saying this. "Like Taemin, they're nice too." Minho saw how her face brightened when she talked of Taemin.

"So you like Taemin?"

"Huh?"

"You like Taemin."

"No, it's not like that. Actually I -"

"You should get in now. I'm tired too."

Luna looked sorry but followed what he said. "Thanks for bringing me home. Be careful driving." As soon as she got out of the car Minho had left.

 

 

 

____________

 

 

written: 05-16-12

updated 06-02-12

An update at last!

SO happy to read your comments....

@SMNoel189 : thanks a lot for reading. Jong's love is still a secret for now but i promise you it's not Sekyung...

@KimAmina so shinee is already 4 years old? ^_^ jong's love will be revealed as the story progress.. u can keep on guessing.. kekeke thanks for reading

@Yuni_Yang u want jong to like luna too? LOL imagine the chaos if all the shinee boys would fall for her? kekeke.. thanks for reading

@jaques_yona  jong's love would be a surprise kekeke... and minho's past love would be coming back soon ^^ thanks for reading

@BeatBoxer  u guys are so eager to know who jong's love is! LOL but i'll keep u guessing for now. thanks for reading ^^

@ParkMiyoung  yes minho had his heart broken before.. and this girl would be coming back soon ^^ more drama for the still progressing couple ^^ thanks for reading ^^

@shiny_luna you'd see a lot of jealous-minho ^^ thanks for reading :)

@valentina my next updates would reveal more of their past so please look forward to it ^^ thanks for reading

@uni_lady2009   thanks for reading, i know u guys can't always leave a comment everytime i update that's why i really appreciate it if there are a lot of comments, my eyes would feast on them..

 

THANK YOU FOR SUPPORTING MY FICS :)

AND WELCOME TO MY NEW READERS...