Chapter 29

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

“Wah!!!” , Amber exclaimed again feeling really happy for Luna and Minho. “I can’t believe this, I’m so glad he finally realized he likes you!”

 

They were in the cafeteria waiting for the others and just enjoying their girl talk when Taemin arrived first.

 

“What are you so happy about?”, he asked the two and sat himself opposite his cousin Amber.

 

“Minho and Luna are for real now”, Amber happily announced too loud that everyone who was near enough heard it too.

 

“For real?”, Taemin said looking at Luna.

 

“Your jerk of a brother finally had the guts to admit he actually likes his fiancée”, Amber explained further.

 

“So hyung said he likes you now?”, Taemin said asking Luna.

 

Luna nodded and both girls unknowingly waited for his reaction. After a few seconds of silence Taemin smiled and congratulated her.

 

“Looks like you won’t need my help anymore”, he added.

 

“What help?”, the three were unaware that Minho and Jonghyun had arrived.

 

“Where’s Key?”, Amber asked not seeing her boyfriend with them.

 

“He got a call from his dad and rushed out of school”, Jonghyun answered her.

 

“Really?”, Amber said and took her phone out to call her boyfriend leaving them.

 

“So who needs your help Taemin?”, Jonghyun continued their conversation.

 

“Luna here wants to cook for Minho hyung”, Taemin explained. He knows this will happen too, he just did not expect for this to be this soon. Somehow he felt a pain in his heart that he refused to admit.

 

“Really? Why do you need Taemin’s help? He seriously could not cook”, Minho said sitting beside Luna now taking the chair that Amber vacated.

 

Taemin answered instead of her. “She needs me to taste the food first before she gives it to you.”

 

Jonghyun chuckled when he heard this. “So you’ll do the taste-test first for your brother. I don’t know whether to pity you or envy you.”

 

Luna turned pink when Taemin joined Jonghyun laughing. Minho took her hand and linked it with his underneath the table.

 

“Yah! I know for sure my Luna cooks great”, Minho said. “And you don’t have to let Taemin taste it, I’ll eat anything you’ll make.” Luna’s heart swelled not because Minho said he’ll eat anything she’ll cook but he just called her my Luna.

 

“Anything?”, the other two asked in unison and Minho nodded.

 

“Oh really?”, Luna said smiling at once. She got her packed lunch and offered it to Minho. “I made it this morning.”

 

Jonghyun and Taemin craned their necks just to get a look at the cute lunch box. When Minho opened it both guys looked at him with envy.

 

Minho smiled and took the chopsticks. “Thank you, it sure looks good.”

 

“Taste it first”, Jonghyun insisted. Luna waited for Minho to taste her first attempt at making him lunch. She held her breath while Minho took his time tasting the food.

 

“It’s good”, Minho said after a while and continued eating. Jonghyun tried to get some but Minho quickly took the food away. He finished it in just a few minutes much to Luna’s delight. She said goodbye to the guys leaving for her next class with a big smile on her face.

 

“How does it really taste?”, Jonghyun asked Minho right away when Luna left.

 

Minho thought for a moment before speaking. “Not bad. I mean –“

 

“Ha-ha, I knew it. It didn’t taste that good right?”, Jonghyun said. “You were such a good actor.”


“But hyung you finished all of it”, said Taemin.

 

“I didn’t want to upset her, besides it’s the thought that counts right?”, Minho replied.

 

“Man you really are in love”, Jonghyun said still cannot believe that Minho is seriously head-over-heels-to-the-point-of-no-return in love with the girl he once swore he’ll hate forever.

 

“Minho oppa”, Sulli called Minho standing just behind him.

 

Minho quickly stood up when he heard her. He completely forgot about Sulli and that he had kissed her.

 

“Sulli…”

 

“Can we talk?”, Sulli said softly.

 

Taemin looked at his hyung waiting for his reply at this small request. Minho looked back at them before nodding at Sulli. Taemin looked at Sulli but she avoided his eyes.

 

“I’ll see you guys later”, Minho said and left with Sulli.

 

_

 

 

Sulli wanted to slap Minho the moment he said he does not feel the same way anymore but she controlled herself and just stood there listening to whatever crap he’s saying about Luna and how she had changed him.

 

“I want to protect her”, Minho went on saying. She knew those words too well. He had once said it to her. So she could not just accept the fact that it’s now meant for another girl.

 

“Oppa, what about us?”, she tried again. It could not just end here.

 

“We can’t go back to what we used to be Sulli, I’m sorry”, Minho said.

 

She let the tears fall then, this had always worked for her. Minho would always fall for her tears. “But you said you love me.”

 

“I did.” Minho turned around and saw her crying. He once swore he’d never let her cry that no one was allowed to hurt her even him. “Believe me Sulli I did. You don’t know the pain I’ve been through when you left –“

 

“But it was your mom who had forced me to go!”, she said almost shouting at him.

 

“My mom could have done anything and say anything to make you leave but in the end it was your decision to make”, Minho reasoned. “Sulli I’m not blaming you and I’m no longer angry at you. It’s all in the past now.”

 

“Minho please give me another chance, I’ll do anything you want.”

 

Minho remembered Luna saying the same thing and he smiled at Sulli.

 

“I don’t want to lose another person I love”, Minho said. “I don’t want to lose Luna.”

 

“Oppa what about me?”, Sulli said out of desperation she had to do something to make him change his mind.

 

“I know this would be difficult at first but we could still be friends.”

 

“But I don’t want to be your friend”, Sulli yelled out of frustration. “I want to be your girlfriend again.”

 

“Friendship is the only thing I can offer you”, Minho said firmly.

 

Sulli smiled still with tears in her eyes. She’d have to do with his friendship for now and make sure she’ll have him again. Luna had not been in the picture for long and she could always steal Minho from her.

 

_

 

“Are you waiting for Minho?”, Amber asked Luna after their class ended. “You got a hot date or something?”

 

“Aniyo, he said he’ll send me home after school”, Luna said.

 

“My cousin may have something for you, he can do anything when he’s in love you know”, Amber said. “Luna please try to convince him to go home, he’s mom’s really worried. But don’t tell him I told you okay?” Amber had been wanting to tell this to Luna but just had to find the right time.

 

“Neh, I’ll do my best Amber”, answered Luna.

 

They were walking to their locker now and they saw Krystal and Onew talking just at the end of the hallway. “Hey that’s your sister right?”

 

Luna saw Krystal talking to Onew the two seemed arguing. She could almost tell Onew was enjoying himself.

 

“What could those to be arguing about?”, Amber said. She saw Krystal about to slap Onew when the latter turned towards them Krystal also noticed them and immediately calmed down.

 

Amber walked towards them having Luna no choice but to follow.

 

“Hey you two, what’s going on?”, Amber asked and Krystal immediately turned her eyes to Onew.

 

Onew ignored Amber’s question instead he greeted Luna.

 

“I didn’t know you two knew each other”, Luna said to Onew.

 

“Oh that”, Onew replied smiling all of a sudden and Luna noticed her sister being uncomfortable. “Of course I know your “popular” sister. In fact I know a lot about her – “

 

“YAH!!!”, Krystal shouted and all three turned to her.

 

“What is it Krystal?”

 

Luna could feel her sister’s anger and was surprised that Onew is even taunting her. “Wanna say something?”, Onew added.

 

Krystal lowered her gaze and slowly shook her head.

 

“Oh Minho’s coming”, Onew said and all three girls turned to where he was pointing and saw Key and Minho walking towards them. “I guess I’ll go now.” Onew waved at his friends and quickly walked away.

 

“Yah! Come back here!”, Krystal shouted and went after Onew.

 

“What’s with those two?”, Amber asked when Onew and Krystal were out of sight.

 

“I sure don’t know”, Luna replied somehow worried at how Krystal acted. The day she saw Minho kissing Sulli, Krystal had wanted to tell her something.

 

“Hey babe”, Key called his girlfriend and greeted her with a hot kiss. The two were clearly setting an example for the new couple.

 

“Yah you two get a room”, Minho mumbled clearly annoyed at how these two show offs are acting in front of them.

 

“Wae?”, Key said. “This is how you should greet Luna too.” And Luna turned crimson when Key said this.

 

“They’re not yet on this level Key”, Amber joined in teasing Luna and Minho.

 

“Not yet? But the other day they were clearly making out in the girls restroom, Luna even had to borrow your clothes since Minho had ripped it open.”

 

“Yah, I didn’t rip it open! It was just one button”, Minho said in defense. Key and Amber just laughed.

 

“Come on babe let’s leave these two, so they could do you know, whatever”, Key said still not stopping on teasing Minho and Luna.

 

“Bye Luna, call me later okay?”, Amber said to Luna before she left with Key.

 

An awkward silence went on once Key and Amber left.

 

Minho was thinking on what to say first while Luna was thinking on how to greet him.

 

“Uhm…”, Minho began. “Hi”, he finished lamely.

 

Luna smiled at him and said hi as well they looked into each other’s eyes and ended up laughing.

 

“Come here”, Minho said at last once they were done laughing. He pulled Luna closer and hugged her. Luna responded with encircling her arms around him. “How was your day?”, he asked.

 

“Good, Amber told me you lost your phone.”

 

“Ah well I already bought a new one”, Minho said, He let go of her and they started to walk out of the building. “Let’s have dinner first before I send you home.” Luna nodded and he linked their hands together. “What would you like to eat?” Minho realized he does not know much about her and decided to find out the things she likes.

 

“What did you dream of becoming when you were a child?”, Minho asked her while they were in his car.

 

“Oh, well just…”, Luna hesitates to answer his question. She felt like he might just laugh at her.

 

“Come on tell me”, Minho encouraged her with a smile.

 

“Promise you won’t laugh?”, she asked.

 

“Of course, why would i?”

 

Luna looked at him before talking. “I wanted to become a clown.”

 

“Clown?”, Minho found it interesting rather than funny.

 

“You see, clowns always have a happy face and they’re always invited to parties and birthdays. Kids love them too and they seem to have a lot of friends. That’s what I thought when I was a kid. I never really had a lot of friends when I was a kid and I was rarely invited to a party. If I were invited the other kids won’t play with me or they simple ignore me. Like I was not there”, Luna explained. “That’s why I wanted to be a clown thinking that other kids would like me if I’m one and I could go to all the parties I want”, she finished with a sad smile.

 

“You’ll never be alone Luna, you have me now”, he reached out for her hand and linked it with his.

 

She smiled gratefully and wiped the tear that escaped her eyes.

 

“I promised not to make you cry but here you are crying again”, Minho said lightly squeezing her hand.

 

“Sorry, I’m just happy”, Luna said.

 

“Do you always cry when you’re happy?”, Minho teased and handed her a tissue.

 

“Of course not”, Luna answered with a smile.

 

Minho’s phone rang but he just checked who was calling and turned it off.

 

“Why did you did not answer the call?”, Luna asked when he saw his face frown.

 

“It’s my mom, she wants me to come back home.”

 

“Wae? Are you not staying home?”

 

“I’m staying at Jonghyun’s place. He moved into his parents’ house when they left for abroad and he offered it to me.”

 

“But Minho your mom must be worried.”

 

“Let’s not talk about this, you’ll just be upset. I just need some time.”

 

Luna did not argue with him anymore not wanting to ruin the night. Maybe the news about Sulli and what his mom did still upsets him. She wanted to ask about Sulli but restrained herself.

 

After dinner Minho took her home. “Luna, I’d be gone for a few days”, Minho said. “Father wants me to come with him to Jeju for some business meeting. I’ll be meeting with some future investors too so I’d have to stay there for a while.”

 

“What about school?”, she asked.

 

“Well I’d just have to miss some of my classes then”, Minho said.

 

“Oh okay”, Luna muttered.

 

“It’s getting late”, he said after a while. “Get inside first.” She looked at him and nodded. “I’ll call you.” He watched her take a few steps away from him before she came back running to him and hugged him.

 

“I’ll miss you”, Luna said.

 

“Me too”, Minho spoke as he brought her closer. His heart swelled with so much joy. “I love you”, he uttered the words he thought he’d never be able to say again. He pulled away and lightly kissed her soft lips. “Wait for me”, he said before he left. He knew it might be too soon to be saying this to her. Maybe she does not feel the same, they were just starting after all. But it was just so natural to tell her that, he does not care if she loves him back. He can work on that.

 

Luna was unable to move from her spot even when Minho had driven away. She was too stunned when she heard him say he loves her that she could not even utter a word. Minho just said he loves her, she traced her lips for the kiss he left and she smiled. When he comes back, she’ll tell him what she feels too.

 

Everything feels like a dream and she’s afraid someone would wake her up and tell her it’s all over. She was going upstairs to her room when she noticed Krystal at the top of the stairs clearly waiting for her.

 

“Minho oppa sent you home?”, Krystal asked and she nodded.

 

Luna anticipated harsh words and even some slap and grabbing of hair but those did not come.

 

“Krystal are you okay?”, she asked as she looks at her carefully. Her face had gotten smaller since the last time she saw her. Krystal always looks sharp, proud and ready to strike but right now she looks disheveled.

 

“You’re close to Oppa’s friends right?”, Krystal asked instead of answering Luna. “You’re close to Onew?”

 

“Well you could say that”, Luna said waiting for what’s to come next.

 

“Do you have his number?”, Krystal asked again but Luna shook her head which showed a lot of frustration on her face.

 

“Why do you need his number? Is something wrong?”

 

“None of your business!”, Krystal yelled but seconds after she looked like she regrets what she did. “Luna…”

 

“What is it?”

 

“Onew, he got my –“, Krystal caught herself before she could tell Luna her secret. No one should know. “Never mind, I’ll go sleep now.” She ended the conversation fast and left Luna wondering just what had happened between her and Onew.

 

_

Taemin and Jonghyun laughed as Onew told them just how he got the school’s most unwanted queenka, Krystal to be his slave.

 

“So did you read her diary?”, Jonghyun asked.

 

“No, of course I won’t read it”, Onew said. “I only got it to teach her a lesson. She acts too tough and goes around the school like everyone is supposed to worship her or something.”

 

“But did you really catch her peeping at the men’s locker room?”, Taemin asked.

 

“I told you I saw her”, Onew replied. “I didn’t realize what she was doing until I saw her holding a camera.”

 

“Why would she do that though?”, Jonghyun said.

 

“Well she confessed it was because of a dare she had with her friends”, Onew explained. He never believed a day like that would come, he never expected to find Krystal there. She was so mad at him that she shoved her bag to his face and she left so quickly that she did not noticed she left something, probably the most important thing in her bag. He now has her precious diary. She must have written a lot of her secrets there for her to panic when he told her he got it. And she agreed too quickly to everything he said. But of course she’s still Krystal the most hardheaded girl he’d ever met.

 

“But hyung you should still be careful though”, Taemin reminded him.

 

“Wae? I have full control of everything”, Onew said.

 

“Taemin’s right, she’s still Krystal plus she’s Luna’s sister”, Jonghyun said.

 

“Let’s not get Luna into this or Minho will kill us”, Onew said.

 

“What if she asks for Krystal’s diary?”, Taemin suggested.

 

“That’s impossible. I told Krystal no one should know that I have her diary especially Luna. Or else…”, Onew finished with a mischievous glint in his eyes.

 

 

_______________________

 

Okay I updated!

I decided to post this chapter and include it in the story..

Minho might still not be home in the next chapter and Luna would spend more time with the other Shinee guys and Amber. 

Krystal and Onew ....?? Well let's just wait how they'll progress in the story :)

and watch out for Seunghyun!

Thanks for commenting ^^ I had fun reading them as well

blackesprit  jaedrug  BeatBoxer

tichiharahara  bibhashris  TujaTheNinjafish 

orangegirl  KimAmina  ParkMiyoung

SMNoel189  TeukNa  amyluong

shiny_luna  bibibe  heaven666 

ZerefisEvil   witch_0074   SMNoel189   

jaques_yona  Yuni_Yang   destiny93

linki98    ayushin   valentina

have a good weekend guys ^^

*My Changmin*