Chapter 12

My Unwilling Fiancé

 

Krystal and Mrs. Park exchanged nervous looks before Mrs. Park spoke again. "Krystal why don't you take Minho to the living room and I'll go get Luna."
 
Krystal gave Minho a too fake smile. "Oppa, let's just wait there." She then grabbed Minho's arm and pulled him away.
 
"But Auntie, if she's sick I can just go see her in her room. I don't want to disturb her something. I just want to see her since she has not come to school for three days," Minho quickly said before Krystal can lead him away.
 
"Well... ah." Mrs. Park seemed lost for words.
 
"Mom's going to check on her first oppa then you can go see her," Krystal said. 
 
"Oh okay," Minho said and let Krystal pull him away. He waited for a couple of minutes with Krystal sitting beside him still talking about nonsense about herself. 
 
"Minho you can go up to her room now," Mrs. Park said not looking too friendly now. "But you might not want to stay longer just in case you get sick too."
 
Minho just nodded towards the two before taking the stairs. A maid was guiding him toward Luna's room. The door no longer had a lock, but still looked like it's just been taken out. The room was small, too small for someone as rich as her. Maybe she likes it just as it is. The only source of light is a lamp beside Luna's bed so he could not really see her properly.
 
"Do you need anything sir?" the maid asked.
 
"Uhm no, thanks," Minho answered and proceeded inside. He closed the door and locked it just in case two nosy raccoons interfere. He turned the lights on and was alarmed by how pale she looks. 
 
"Umma...?" Minho heard her whisper. Maybe she's dreaming or something.
 
He cleared his throat and walked towards her bed. She opened her eyes slowly while he sat beside her. "Uhm... hey..." For all the times he was with her he never noticed how sad her eyes were. True she looked lonely but that's because she was always alone in school. Her eyes speak of emptiness and for the first time he felt something for her that he had not really felt for anyone else before. He was quite surprised too but it's clear and simple, he pities her. 
 
Luna turned towards him when she heard his voice, she too was surprise too see him and she tried to sit up but failed since she's too weak.
 
"What happened to you?" Minho asked as he helped her sit up. She did not answer instead she just looked at him. He remembered the day he last saw her. Admittedly he went too far that time, but his sorry is not going to do any good now.
 
Luna continued to just look at him, it was beginning to be very awkward now and he did not know what to tell her. So he just looked around her room and saw just how little her things are not the room he expected. Then he remembered why he came, she is sick and she clearly looks pale, too pale.
 
"Luna... what happened? The last time I saw you, you were still okay," Minho said.
 
"I'm fine," Luna said and he was glad she talked. 
 
"Yeah right..." he said with sarcasm. "You look like a ghost. Have you eaten?"
 
She did not answer but just looked away. He sensed something is really wrong here. What did Amber say earlier? She's being punished. But why?
 
"I'm okay," Luna tried to say but he suddenly touched her forehead to feel if she has a fever or something. He should not be doing this but he felt that it's the least he could do. And he's doing this for his own good too, he does not want the engagement to be cancelled yet. Not until the contract is done and the company is stable. That's the real reason he's here and not because he cares.
 
"You don't have fever but you really look weak," Minho said. "Maybe because you didn't eat for days."
 
Luna was still surprised at the way he is acting. This can't be the Minho who left her in harm. He's really acting weird and the way he's touching her right now feels very genuine. Like he really cares.
 
He suddenly stood up which startled her a bit. 
 
"I'll just go get some food for you," Minho stated but Luna was quick to grab his arm and prevent him from going.
 
"No, I'm fine really. I'll be okay tomorrow don't bother yourself," she said but Minho just frowned at her. "Please just don't."
 
"Don't what?"
 
She did not answer. He felt frustrated and annoyed at her. She's too weak and does not even fight for her own rights. 
 
"I heard that you were being punished," he finally said. He really did not want her to know that he came because he was concerned or anything close to that. "You were locked up here."
 
"No, that's not true," Luna said. "I'm sick..."
 
"You're really a bad liar you know," he smiled inspite of himself. What is she afraid of anyway? Is it because of her stepmother? This is like a fairytale, with the evil stepmother and wicked stepsister. 
 
Great. Then what does that make him?
 
He's nobody's hero. He stopped caring a long time ago.
 
"Minho..." her silent plea woke him from his musings.
 
"I understand, but you can't continue like this. Don't be such a weakling," he said a little too harshly. "Just wait here."
 
"But - "
 
"Don't worry, I'll take care of it." That sounded a little too alien for him. Saying that he'll take of it is really something he had not done for a long time. He looked back at Luna who somehow had doubt written all over her face.
 
Does she not believe him at all?
 
Or maybe she thinks he can't get pass those two raccoons?
 
He's going to show them who's the boss.
 
 
 
 
 
_______________________
 
 
 
hi guys! Let's see what Minho will do. Will he finally turn into Luna's prince? LOL I don't know what will happen next HAHA... so please watch out for the next chapter my dear friends... and thank as always to everyone who left comments and  a special thanks to those who had subscribed ^^
 
>pic not mine<
 
btw Onew is clearly the winner on the poll for my next fic so it's gonna be an ONEW fic.. thanks for all that voted.
 
 
THANK YOU ALL FOR READING :)
 
and let me know what u think ^^ COMMENTS PLEASE!