Lunch With Eunhee

Hey, Playgirl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qA-7i2Rq58&feature=related 

Soomin yawned for the umpteenth time. It was the period right before lunch and she was exhausted. All she wanted was to go and get something to eat. She was starving.

Her stomach growled and she nearly slammed her head on her desk. *Damn it. Stupid stomach, stop growling!*

"Hey, Soomin. Are you alright?" The guy sitting next to her poked her shoulder. She turned to give him a reasurring smile but instead, she couldn't stop the scowl on her face. "Yeah, I'm fine." She said through gritted teeth.

The guy gulped nervously and turned to face the board. Soomin massaged her jaw and tried to pay attention to the teacher. She did her best to ignore the constant rumbling of her empty stomach.

* . I'm so ing hungry! Can't this period be over already?!*

"Miss Shim, is there a problem?" The teacher asked. Soomin smiled and shook her head. "No, nothing's wrong."

"Alright then. You better be paying attention." He warned. Soomin nodded. "Don't worry. I always do." She said.

Some of the girls snorted derisively and Soomin shot them an icy glare. *I don't need any girls ing about my attitude right now. I'm so ing hungry, I'm pissed enough as it is.*

The girls all averted their gazes, gulping nervously. "Did you see that? Soomin looked like she wanted to kill us." One of them muttered. "I know. What the hell is wrong with her? That ." Another one said. They acted as if they were innocent and had done nothing wrong.

Soomin rolled her eyes and ignored the whisperings of her colleagues. Instead, she focused her attention on the clock, urging it to go faster. *Come on you stupid clock. I can't stand waiting for five more minutes!*

Then, the minute hand moved back one and Soomin's eyes bugged out. *What the hell?!* She sighed in relief when it moved back a second later. *Geez, what is wrong with that clock?*

After five agonizing minutes, the bell rang. Soomin was out the door before anyone else and they all stared after her, puzzled.

*Finally, lunch. I am starving.* Soomin smiled gleefully as she grabbed food and placed it on her tray. "Oh! They have cookies?!" Soomin exclaimed. She reached for the very last one at the same time as someone else.

Their hands grabbed the cookie at the same time. Soomin turned to glare at the person but her eyes widened in surprise when she saw CAP. "Minsoo?" She said.

His eyes went wide too. "S-soomin. Hey." He said awkwardly. "I haven't seen you in a while." Soomin stated simply, raising an eyebrow. "Y-yeah. I know." CAP said, avoiding her gaze.

"Look, how about we just move on, okay? Don't think about the past anymore, it won't do you any good. Find another girl who will love you and make you happy, alright?" Soomin said, giving him a genuine smile. "Oh, and do I have to fight you for this cookie or something?" She joked, gesturing towards where both of their hands were gripping the cookie.

*, if she acts like that, It'll just make it harder for me to forget the past.* CAP let go of the cookie. "You can have it." He said.

Soomin chuckled. "Here, we'll both get half of the cookie." She said as she broke the cookie in two and handed one half to CAP. "Better, right?"

Then, she paid for her food and walked away. CAP stared at the piece of cookie in his hand for a moment. *She's still the same, isn't she? Always gotta keep things fair.* He smiled a little and paid for his lunch. His friends waved him over to their table, laughing and calling out his name.

"Soomin! Over here!" Seyong called out eagerly to Soomin. She scanned the room until she saw Seyong waving enthusiastically. She quickly walked over to the table, placing her tray down and taking a seat.

"Where's Chaejin?" She asked. She only saw Gunwoo, Insoo, Seyong, and Jun.Q, but no Chaejin. "I don't know. He disappeared right after the bell rang." Jun.Q shrugged.

Suddenly, Chaejin plopped down in the seat next to Soomin. He was panting and out of breath. "S-sorry I'm late you guys." He breathed.

"Where were you?" Insoo asked, raising an eyebrow. "Doing something naughty?" Seyong added, wiggling his eyebrows. Chaejin glared at Seyong.

"Get your mind out of the gutter, hyung." Jun.Q said as he playfully shoved him in the shoulder. Seyong let out a gasp and clutched his shoulder as if he was in pain. "Oh no! Now our older son is rebelling! Honey!!!" He cried out, reaching for Gunwoo.

Gunwoo flicked Seyong on the forehead. "Stop it. How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not your 'honey'." He growled. Seyong 'sobbed' and turned towards Insoo.

"Dad, I can't believe my husband is being so mean to me. And your grandson's are at the rebelling age now!" He shouted. Insoo pushed Seyong away.

"Why am I the grandpa?!" He yelled angrily. Soomin watched the group talking playfully and she laughed along with them all. Everyone was cracking up at Seyong's roleplaying.

Chaejin was staring at Soomin, smiling as he watched her laugh. *I think she's changed. She seems a lot happier now.*

"What?" Soomin asked once she noticed Chaejin was staring at her. Chaejin blinked and his cheeks flushed. "N-nothing."

She pinched his cheek and then stuck a piece of her cookie in his mouth. "Eat." She smiled. Chaejin wrinkled his nose but he still gladly munched on the cookie.

"Look, I'm a walrus!" Seyong said, pointing at himself. He had two chopsticks in his mouth, sticking down like a walrus' tusks. The entire table nearly died of laughter.

"It looks like this is a fun table." A clear, sweet voice rang out above the banter. Everyone stopped and turned to stare at the newcomer. Eunhee was standing there, holding her tray of food, smiling brightly.

"Oh, Eunhee-ssi. Hello." Chaejin greeted politely. Soomin's eyebrows raised. *Eunhee? Isn't she the new kid?*

"Hi, Chaejin-ssi. Umm, can I sit with you guys? I don't really know anyone else in this school yet." She said shyly. "Sure." Chaejin said.

Eunhee gently placed her tray down between Soomin's and Chaejin's. Soomin's eyes widened in disbelief but she had no choice but to move over and allow Eunhee to sit. Everyone else at the table was silent, a heavy tension hung over them. The only people that didn't seem to sense or acknowledge it were Chaejin and Eunhee.

"So, I'll introduce you to my friends. The one that always looks grumpy is Gunwoo hyung. The nice one is Insoo hyung. The one with the red hair is Seyong hyung. And that's Jun.Q hyung. Oh, and you already saw her, but that's my girlfriend, Soomin." Chaejin went around the table introducing everyone to Eunhee.

Eunhee smiled good-naturedly and greeted them politely. "Hello, my name is Park Eunhee." She said, biting her lip timidly. Nobody said anything for a moment until Insoo cleared his throat.

"Ahem, umm. I'm Insoo. Nice to meet you." He nodded towards her. Everyone else reluctantly followed his example. Even Seyong was silent, not bouncing around like usual.

"I'm Chaejin's girlfriend, Soomin." She said, putting a slight emphasis on 'Chaejin's girlfriend'. Eunhee beamed at her. "Wow, you're very pretty Soomin-ssi. Chaejin is lucky to have you as his girlfriend." She said.

Eunhee stared straight into Soomin's eyes as she spoke. Her green, almost cat-like, eyes pierced into Soomin's. A malicious glint flashed across Eunhee's eyes, a sly smile on her lips. Soomin could sense that Eunhee was silently challenging her. So, she stared straight back, her eyes cold and calculating.

But, in a flash, Eunhee was back to looking sweet and innocent. She smiled widely at the entire table. "I hope we can become friends." She said.

Eunhee's expression had changed so quickly that the only one who had seen her glaring was Soomin. *Two-faced .* Soomin definitely did not like the fact that this girl was trying to get close to Chaejin. She couldn't stand her and she had known her for barely five minutes.

Soomin silently ate her lunch, wishing that Eunhee would just leave. She had a feeling that the new girl would only bring trouble and she was certain that she was right. Unfortunately.

Then, Soomin noticed that nearly everyone in the cafeteria was staring at their table. She could pick up a few conversations from the tables nearest to them.

"The new girl is sitting with them? I wonder why."

"It's the old queenka and the new queenka."

"I like Eunhee better than Soomin. Eunhee is nicer."

Soomin's nose twitched in irritation. *Nicer my . She's a fake.*

"So, you're still coming over to my house after school to work on the project, right Chaejin-ssi? Do you mind walking home with me, I'm not sure if I remember the way back." Eunhee said, chewing her lip timidly.

Soomin's eyebrows raised. *Chaejin is going over to her house today? Is that why he couldn't take me on that date?*

"Umm, yeah." Chaejin answered. He glanced at Soomin, worried about how she would react. Soomin looked emotionless as she picked up her tray and dumped the rest of her food away. Then, she started to walk out of the cafeteria without saying goodbye.

Chaejin got up and ran after her. He caught up to her when she reached the exit of the cafeteria. "Wait, Soomin!" He called out and grasped her wrist. Soomin turned and looked at him, an eyebrow raised in curiousity.

"Yes?" She asked. "Are you okay? About me cancelling our date so I can work on the project with Eunhee." Chaejin asked, staring down at his feet guiltily. Sighing, Soomin placed her hand under Chaejin's chin and lifted his head up to meet her gaze.

"Look, you're just working on a project right? There's nothing wrong with that, I'm fine. Just call me if you need me." She said, her eyes softening slightly. Then, she left. Chaejin still felt unsure, but he trudged back to the lunch table anyways.

Soomin went over and sat on a bench in the courtyard. She heaved a sigh and rested her head in her hands. *This is getting too annoying and stressful. Why should I care whether or not that hangs out with Chaejin? Ugh, I think you're getting too attached to that boy, Soomin. Snap out of it!*

"I need to clear my head." She muttered under her breath. Then, a guy was walking by, whistling a tune. Soomin smiled. *Perfect.*

"Hey, come here!" She called out, waving the guy over. His eyes widened and he pointed at himself. "Me?"

"Yes, you. Hurry up and get over here." She snapped. He scrambled over, obviously in disbelief that the queenka was talking to him. "W-what do you wa-" He started to say, but was cut off when Soomin pressed her lips to his.

Suddenly, Soomin felt sick to her stomach so she shoved the guy away. The guy was in a daze, babbling incoherently. Wiping her lips off, Soomin left the guy there.

She felt queazy from the kiss, like it wasn't right to kiss him. Normally, that would have helped to clear her mind, but now, all she could think about was how wrong it was to kiss a guy that wasn't Chaejin. Her chest ached, as if protesting against her actions. 

*Ugh, Soomin. I think you really are getting too attached to Chaejin. This isn't good.*

"Well, isn't that interesting? Chaejin's girlfriend just kissed another guy?" A clear voice spoke up. Soomin's eyes widened and she looked up to see Eunhee standing before her. She had her arms crossed, her lips curled up into a smirk.

"Me and you are more alike than I thought. We both like playing around with guys' hearts." Eunhee stated, twirling a strand of hair around her finger. Soomin scowled at her.

"We are nothing alike." She growled angrily. Eunhee laughed shrillly, making Soomin's ears ring. "Hmm, I wonder what Chaejin would say if I told him about this? I bet he would be pretty hurt, he seems to care about you a lot." Eunhee said, mockingly.

"Actually, I think you're worse than me. You're just a , aren't you?" Eunhee said, her green eyes twinkling as she saw Soomin growing more furious by the second. "." She added, snorting derisively.

Soomin couldn't take it anymore. She could handle it when other girls said things like that, but the way Eunhee was speaking pissed Soomin off.

"That's it you ! I'm going to up that pretty little face of yours!" Soomin yelled as she charged for Eunhee.

--------------

Hello~

Do I smell a fight coming up? Hmm, Soomin vs. Eunhee. Whose gonna win? LOL

Hope you guys liked this chapter! :)

Thanks for reading!! ^_^