The First Date

Hey, Playgirl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K5FDtg2cB_0 

The rest of the week flew by. Chaejin had barely seen CAP around school, much to his delight. And finally, it was Saturday. The day that Chaejin would take Soomin out on a date. It was his first date ever.

Chaejin was frantically running around his room, searching for who-knows-what. The rest of MYNAME watched him, amused. "Don't just stare at me, help me!" Chaejin shouted.

"What are you even looking for?" Seyong questioned. "I don't know!" Chaejin yelled, exasperated.

Seyong grasped him by the shoulders and held him in place. "Calm down, you have everything you need. Now, you just need to go to the arcade, meet her there, and go on your date." He said, calmly.

"That's easy for you to say! You've been on plenty of dates before. This is my first one. And it's with the queenka." Chaejin blabbered on. Insoo sighed and patted Chaejin's shoulder.

"You can do it. Just believe in yourself. Now, get your out of here." Gunwoo spoke up. He started ushering Chaejin out of the house. Once he was out the door, Gunwoo slammed the door on him.

Sighing dejectedly, Chaejin trudged off towards the bus stop.

Soon enough, he was at the arcade. He stood in the front, waiting patiently for Soomin to appear. Glancing inside, Chaejin spotted the clock and saw that she was ten minutes late. Frowning, Chaejin decided to go wait for her inside the arcade.

Once inside, Chaejin couldn't stop himself from going to the different games and playing them. He soon got into them, completely forgetting about the date.

Soomin appeared in front of the arcade, thirty minutes late. Her eyebrows furrowed when she didn't see Chaejin. *Where is he? Don't tell me he's going to show up later than me.*

Then, she spotted him, playing inside the arcade. Rolling her eyes, Soomin walked inside and went over to him. "What are you doing?" She asked icily.

Chaejin jumped and turned to face her. "Umm, I got tired of waiting so I came in here to play some games. I'm sorry." He said meekly. Soomin let out a sigh. "Whatever, I forgive you. Can we just get this date started?" She asked.

Chaejin beamed and nodded. "Let's go play Dance Dance Revolution!" He exclaimed. Chaejin hopped away, going to the machine. He stepped onto it and glanced back at Soomin. "Come on!" He said, gesturing for her to come over.

*He didn't even compliment me on my outfit or looks. This kid is annoying.* Soomin silently fumed as she trudged over to him. She stepped onto the machine while Chaejin chose the song.

Soon, they were both getting into the game, having fun dancing to the music. Soomin smiled, slightly enjoying the date so far.

After a few songs, they both stopped, exhausted. "I'm hungry. Let's go get something to eat." Soomin suggested. Chaejin nodded in agreement.

"I know a great place." He said, smiling. *I hope she likes the date so far. She doesn't seem angry at all.* Chaejin thought. The two of them walked along the street, gazing at all the stores.

Chaejin stopped and clapped his hands cheerfully. "Here we are! Corn dogs!" He said, happily.

Soomin's jaw nearly dropped. *Corn dogs? Are you ing kidding me?*

"Umm, I don't really l-" Soomin started to say, until she was cut off when Chaejin shoved a corn dog into . Her eyes widened in surprise and she bit off a piece, chewing slowly. At first, she thought it would taste bad but she was surprised to find that it was actually yummy.

Although she did not appreciate having a corn dog shoved down . "Why'd you do that?!" She snapped. Chaejin peered at her, cluelessly.

"What do you mean?" He asked. "Why did you shove a ing corn dog down my throat?" She said.

"Sorry." Chaejin replied sheepishly. Soomin felt herself getting a headache. *This kid is too naive.*

"But, it's yummy though, right?" He asked, smiling. She glared at him for a second before nodding. "Yeah, I guess so."

Chaejin reached into his pocket for his wallet. His eyes widened when he found it empty. *, did I spend all of my money?* Chaejin nervously bit his lip.

"Umm, I'm really sorry but I kinda ran out of money. Do you think you could pay?" Chaejin asked. Soomin's eyes narrowed into slits as she glared at him. *I really hate this kid right now.*

Pulling out her wallet, she took the money and slammed it on the corn dog cart. Then, she stormed off. *What kind of guy makes a girl pay on their date?*

Chaejin quickly jogged to catch up with her. "Look, I'm really sorry. I'll pay you back." Chaejin said. Soomin turned towards him, shooting daggers with her eyes.

Chaejin flinched in fear. "Enough. I'm done with this date. You obviously have no clue about dating." Soomin snapped. She continued to walk away, but Chaejin grabbed her wrist.

"Wait, give me another chance." He pleaded. *I can't let her walk away yet. That means I have no chance of completing the dare.*

"No." She said firmly. Chaejin felt a flare of anger. *She won't even give me another chance. She can't blame me if this is my first date.* Chaejin felt himself getting more and more angry.

Finally, he snapped. "Look, I'm sorry that this isn't the perfect date. I"m trying my best here but you won't even give me a chance. When you seem like you're having fun, the next second you're angry. I don't understand you at all!" Chaejin yelled.

Soomin was taken aback by his sudden outburst. *Woah, I didn't think he could snap like that. This kid's got guts. No one has ever snapped at me before.*

Even so, Soomin did not back down. "I don't care if the date isn't perfect. This date just . You have no clue what you're doing or how you should treat a girl. You're just like a kid!" She retorted.

Soon enough, the two of them were screaming in each others faces. They were absolutely furious with one another. Chaejin knew that he was going to fail at completing his dare, but he didn't care anymore. Soomin was getting on his nerves.

Soomin was done playing with Chaejin. She didn't even want to try to make him fall for her. She was done.

"Hey! Stop screaming at each other!" A voice snapped. Chaejin and Soomin both jumped in surprise. They turned to find a couple of sketchy looking guys.

"You two are so annoying. Go take your lover's quarrel somewhere else." One of them said.

"Why don't you move your asses somewhere else." Soomin snapped back.

", what did you say?" He said. Chaejin glanced nervously at them. "I think we should go." He whispered to Soomin.

"No, these guys are annoying me. Who are you to talk as if you own the damn place!" She yelled.

Suddenly, one of the guys grabbed Soomin. "Look , you have no clue who you're talking to." He snapped. Chaejin yelped in fear.

"L-let h-her go." He stuttered. The guys laughed at him. "Hah! What a wuss. I know exactly what would teach you a lesson, ." A guy said.

He grabbed Soomin's wrist and Chaejin's wrist, then pulled away. "Have fun being stuck to a wuss, ." He said, walking away with the others.

They both stared down at their wrists to find them handcuffed to each other. "What the ?! That bastard." Soomin muttered angrily. She glared after them, but was surprised to find that they were already gone.

"Damn it, where'd they go?!" She shrieked angrily. Chaejin was still shocked. His jaw hung open as he stared at the handcuff around their wrists.

*I'm handcuffed to her. Those guys have the key. What do I do?* Chaejin thought.

"Come on, maybe we can cut these things off back at my place." Soomin said, starting to walk away. Chaejin felt a tug on his wrist and he followed her.