A Message

Hey, Playgirl!

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a1FXTyofBns&feature=related 

"Come on, Jinnie! Keep trying." Insoo prodded. Chaejin's fingers fumbled over the guitar strings as he was attempting to play some chords.

He had called Insoo to teach him how to play one song on the guitar so he could apologize to Soomin. Now, he was sitting in Insoo's room with his guitar in his hands.

Insoo was trying his best to teach Chaejin but he was having trouble. "Ugh, I can't do this!" Chaejin shouted. He angrily pushed the guitar to the side and kicked his feet like a child throwing a tantrum.

"Aww, come on. You can do it. You're getting there." Insoo encouraged. Chaejin pouted, sticking his bottom lip out. "Can we take a break hyung? It's been two hours already!" He whined.

Insoo sighed but nodded his head. "Alright. But, just for ten minutes. Don't you wanna apologize to Soomin today?" He asked. Chaejin nodded.

"Yeah, I hope she forgives me. I feel really bad about before. I don't know why I even listened to Seyong hyung." Chaejin said.

"So, what exactly happened before? You never told me." Insoo asked, raising an eyebrow. Chaejin looked down at his hands, chewing his bottom lip anxiously.

"Tell me. I won't get mad or anything." Insoo said gently. Taking a deep breath, Chaejin recounted the entire ordeal. Insoo's eyes narrowed and Chaejin backed away, sensing his anger.

"That idiot Seyong. I can't believe he actually thought that being agressive would work. Don't listen to him anymore, Jinnie. Just be yourself. That's the only way to get someone to like you." Insoo said.

Chaejin nodded, taking in what his friend was saying. "I know hyung." He replied. Suddenly, Chaejin's stomach growled loudly. Insoo burst out laughing and Chaejin's cheeks turned red.

"Here, I'll go downstairs and get some snacks. You can't go apologize on an empty stomach." He said, smiling widely. Chaejin gratefully smiled back at him.

One hour later....

Chaejin had gotten a lot better. After eating the food, he felt rejuvenated. He found that his fingers easily picked the right strings to strum and he got the chords down.

Insoo smiled proudly, patting Chaejin on the back. "Nice job. You learn fast. Now, go and apologize to Soomin." He said, ushering Chaejin out the door.

"Oh, and take good care of my guitar. If there is one scratch on it, I'll kick your little maknae." Insoo threatened. Chaejin gulped nervously but nodded.

"Thanks a lot hyung!" Chaejin called back as he exited the house. He had the guitar in its case, and it was slung over his shoulder.

Chaejin's steps grew heavy as he got closer and closer to Soomin's place. *I really hope she'll accept my apology. What if she isn't even home?*

Before he could back out, Chaejin was already in front of Soomin's house.

------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3J5QQmXjhFw  (I wish I could have found a version w/o the girls but, whatever. >_<)

Chaejin's palms began to sweat and he realized that he was shaking. He repeatedly wiped his hands on his pants, but they stayed moist.

*Ugh, why am I so nervous?! You can do this Chaejin, just take a deep breath and knock on the door.*

And so, he did. His knuckles lightly hit the door. It seemed like his heart stopped as he waited for Soomin to answer. He almost gave up when he didn't hear anything behind the door.

*Darn, she must not be home.*

Suddenly, he heard a quiet 'click' as the door opened. "Chaejin?" Soomin's voice came to his ears.

For some reason, Chaejin blanked out for a second. He had no idea what to do or why he was even there. He stood there like a statue, paralyzed.

His heart was beating at a rapid pace, threatening to burst out of his chest. *This is it, Chaejin. The moment you've been waiting for.*

Slowly, he turned around and faced her. "What are you doing here?" Soomin asked. She was dressed in only her pajamas. She had on a large t-shirt, pajama pants, and cute bunny slippers.

"I-I just w-wanted to apologize to you for what happened before." Chaejin stammered. He placed his hand over his heart, hoping it would slow down soon.

"Oh, well. I guess it's okay now. I was just surprised by your actions. It wasn't like you." She said.

"I know, and it was stupid of me to act like that. But now, this is me apologizing by being the real me." Chaejin said, gaining more and more confidence.

He took out the guitar and positioned himself to play. Soomin stepped outside, watching curiously.

Then, his fingers began to strum the strings, playing out the chords. It sounded nice, but it sounded even better once Chaejin began to sing.

Message (Acoustic Ver.) - MYNAME

The message for you -
I will put my heart into it and send it to you
The message for you -
I will put everything from morning to night, from one to ten 

Soomin was awed by Chaejin's smooth and soft voice. She felt herself getting lost in it, wanting to hear more and more. She closed her eyes and focused on nothing except for Chaejin's voice.

You got a message
I write down my heart
A message
I will stay up all night again today
Don’t ignore my text, I wait for your reply
Oh oh oh oh oh oh, this message that I send sincerely
Oh oh oh oh oh oh, I wait for your reply
 

Chaejin finished the song and noticed how Soomin was still standing there, her eyes closed as she got lost in the music.

*This is perfect.*

So, he quickly pulled out the card he had prepared earlier at Insoo's house. Soomin finally opened her eyes after Chaejin finished. She gasped as she saw Chaejin standing there, holding a large poster board.

In big letters at the top it said, 'Will you be my girlfriend?'

And below that, it said,

'This is my message for you. So, what's your reply?'

Chaejin was smiling brightly, waiting for Soomin's answer. Soomin's eyes were wide as she read the words over and over again. She had no idea what to say. No one had ever done something like that just for her. Not even U-Kwon.

"My answer is..."

---------------

Hello~

Cliffhanger! Haha, I hope you guys liked this chapter :) But, that's my last update for the day. ^_^

Thanks for reading!