This is 'Love'

Hey, Playgirl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_kyht_rfws&feature=related  

The bell rang, signalling the end of second period. Soomin bit her lip anxiously as she shot up out of her seat. Everyone stared at her for a moment, surprised by how uneasy she seemed.

Quick as lightening, Soomin bolted out of the room. She dashed through the halls, bowling over whomever was in her way. She spotted a familiar boy and her eyes brightened.

*That's exactly what I need right now.*

The boy was taken by surprise when Soomin grabbed his wrist and hauled him away from his friends. His friends watched him with envy and shock.

"S-Soomin? Where are we going?" He stuttered. Soomin ignored him and glanced behind her. CAP was walking down the hall, looking for her.

*, he's right behind us.*

Soomin looked around for a place to hide, but found none.

*Well, maybe this will work.*

All of a sudden, Soomin leaned her back against a wall and pulled the guy towards her. Her lips crashed with his in a sloppy kiss. The guy was surprised at first, paralyzed from the shock. But soon, he moved his lips wtih hers, wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her closer to him. Soomin wrapped her arms around his neck.

Out of the corner of her eye, Soomin saw CAP run by the two of them. He looked left and right, then disappeared down a hallway. Seeing that he was gone, Soomin pushed the guy away from her. He let out a noise of disappointment.

"What's wrong?" He asked. Soomin glanced at him for a second before giving him a sweet smile. Then, she ran off towards her next class, calling back to him, "Thanks a lot Eunhae!"

"But, my name's Donghae! Not Eunhae!" Donghae shouted back, however Soomin was already long gone. He sighed and dejectedly walked back to his friends.

Soomin slowed down once she saw her classroom. She fixed her outfit and her hair, and then she calmly walked into the room. Only a few people were there, namely the nerds. Soomin bit her lip self-conciously, noticing how all of the nerds stared at her curiously.

They started whispering to one another and that pissed her off.

"Hey! If you wanna say something about me, say it to my face." She threatened, her voice laced with malice. The nerds immediately shut their mouths and began to study quietly.

Soomin sighed and plopped down in one of the chairs at the back of the room. *Why is Minsoo so damn persistent?! Why the hell does he even want to talk to me? Is it about me breaking up with him?*

As Soomin was pondering these thoughts, someone sat down in the chair beside her. She didn't pay much attention to them and just laid her head on the desk.

*And what is with that Kim Yookwon? He's so ing annoying. Can't he just leave me alone?!*

Soomin furrowed her eyebrows, frustrated at how much those two boys were pestering her. Suddenly, the person next to her reached out and smoothed the creases caused by Soomin's eyebrow furrowing. Her eyes grew wide and she looked up at the person.

Chaejin was sitting there, a frown on his face.

"Ch-Chaejin? What are you doing here?" Soomin asked. Chaejin laid his head on the table and stared at her. Soomin was puzzled by his actions, so she just stared back at him.

"Bad girl!" Chaejin said. He tapped Soomin's nose and pouted. Soomin was stunned, opened in an 'O'.

"W-what?" She stammered.

"How could you go and kiss another guy when we're dating!?" Chaejin exclaimed.

"Y-you saw t-that?" Soomin asked. Chaejin nodded in a matter of factly way. "Wait, who said we were dating? We only went on one date together. That doesn't mean that we're in a relationship or something. I can see whoever I want and do whatever I want."

Chaejin pondered this statement for a moment. "Hmm, well we already set up a second date, right?" He asked, blinking innocently.

"What do you mean 'second date'?" Soomin questioned. She narrowed her eyes at him, giving him an icy glare. Chaejin smiled brightly.

"Our Disney movie marathon! Remember? You were the one that asked about it!" Chaejin replied cheerily.

"Disney movie mara- oh! I remember now." Soomin said. Chaejin's smile grew even wider.

"See! We're still on for this Saturday, right?"

Soomin chewed on her bottom lip, contemplating whether she should say yes. She looked into Chaejin's eyes as he stared at her expectantly. Something about the look on his face made it hard to say no.

"Yeah, we're still on for Saturday." Soomin replied, a small smile playing on her lips. Chaejin's expression brightened and he jumped out of his seat.

"Yay! Okay then, I'll see you on Saturday at 3." Chaejin said as he ran out of the room. The teacher walked in at that moment and she gave him a weird look. The bell rang and Chaejin shouted in frustration. "Oh no! I'm gonna be late!"

Soomin chuckled to herself and shook her head. *That boy is really interesting. And... a little cute.*

----------

Third and fourth period flew by and it was now time for lunch. Chaejin and Jun.Q walked to the cafeteria together, chatting animatedly.

They went through the lunch line and got their food, then they sat down at their table. Their friends were already there, munching on their food.

"Hey, how were your classes?" Insoo asked in between bites of pizza. Jun.Q made a face.

"Boring as always." He replied. Insoo chuckled and turned towards Chaejin.

"What about you?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yeah, you have this big smile on your face. Did something good happen?" Gunwoo added.

"Oooh, it must be about Soomin." Seyong said, wiggling his eyebrows. Chaejin's face turned slightly red and he tried to hide it. This only made Seyong more enthusiastic. He hopped up and down in his seat and moved closer to Chaejin. "What happened?! Tell us, tell us, tell us!"

"Stop, get out of my face!" Chaejin snapped, shoving Seyong away from him. "All that happened is that Soomin and I are having another date this Saturday."

Seyong's eyes sparkled with a devious glint, unnerving Chaejin. "Wow, our maknae is moving fast!" Seyong exclaimed. He nudged Chaejin and smirked at him. Chaejin covered his face with his hands and ignored his hyung.

"Isn't that Soomin over there?" Gunwoo spoke up. He was pointing towards the entrance of the cafeteria. The others followed his gaze and spotted Soomin walking into the cafeteria.

"Soomin! Over here! Come sit wit-" Seyong bellowed. Chaejin quickly slapped a hand over his mouth, shutting him up. However, it was too late. Soomin had already seen and heard Seyong. She began to walk over to their table.

But, when she was halfway there, CAP came out of nowhere and stepped in between Soomin and Chaejin's table. She paused in her tracks and glared up at him.

"What do you want?" She asked in an annoyed tone.

"We need to talk." He replied flatly.

"I don't want to." Soomin said as she attempted to step around him. CAP moved to the side, blocking her way again. Soomin threw him an irritated look. "Move."

Sighing, CAP grabbed Soomin's wrist and tugged her out of the cafeteria. Chaejin and his friends watched in shock, their jaws hanging open. Soomin struggled to break free of CAP's grip but he was too strong.

"Bang Minsoo! Let go of me right now!" Soomin shrieked angrily. CAP ignored her and continued pulling her until they reached a bench in the school courtyard. There was a large oak tree just beside it, shading them from the sun.

CAP held Soomin's shoulders and gazed into her eyes as she tried to wriggle out of his grip. "Yah, Shim Soomin. Stop struggling." He said, his voice low and menacing.

"Fine, what is it?" Soomin huffed. CAP let out a small sigh of relief that she actually complied to his wishes.

"We need to talk."

"About what?" Soomin replied, raising an eyebrow.

"About us. Why? Why did you break up with me that day?" CAP asked, his eyes filled with a pained, almost helpless, look. Soomin didn't say a word for a moment as she stared back into his eyes.

Slowly, she took in a deep breath. "It's because it didn't feel right, being with you." She replied.

"You're lying." CAP said. "Tell me the truth. You said that you liked me, and right when I confessed that I loved you too, you went and broke my heart. We had so many great memories together. Everything was perfect. But, you ended everything just like that."

"Fine. You want the truth, then I'll tell you the truth. But don't blame me if it hurts." Soomin said. "I never loved you. I never liked you. If I ever said that I loved or liked you, then it was a lie. All you were to me was someone to play with. You were just a part of my game. All those 'sweet' memories we had together meant nothing to me."

" 'Perfect' doesn't exist either." Soomin added. "Neither does 'love'. To me, love is just a game. That's all that 'love' is."

With that said, Soomin got up and left CAP there on his own. CAP sat there, paralyzed. *She never loved me? Everything was just a lie?* He was unable to process any coherent thoughts anymore. Slowly, he trudged up to the roof where his friends were waiting for him.

------------

Chaejin walked out from behind the oak tree. He had followed Soomin and CAP, curiousity driving him to find out what they were doing.

However, what he had heard only made his curiousity rise. *Soomin doesn't believe that love exists?*

"There's a lot more to Soomin than I thought there was. I guess she's not your average playgirl, at least not before. I need to find out what made her the way she is now." Chaejin whispered to himself, a determined look in his eyes.