Who I Am Now

Hey, Playgirl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATWu1K9p-N4 

Soomin glanced down at her phone when she got a text.

How about we have our Disney marathon this Saturday? It's going to be so much fun! :D -Chaejin ^-^

Soomin smiled at his cute text. She had never met a guy who liked to use emoticons before. She hit reply and began to type in her message.

Sure. You better have snacks prepared or else I'm not watching any movies with you. -Soomin

She kept walking, keeping her phone in her hand as she waited for Chaejin's reply. It was getting dark now, there were no people on the street. Any normal girl would have been afraid, but Soomin wasn't your normal girl. At least, she wasn't anymore.

But, that didn't stop her from getting a chill when she heard footsteps behind her. She glanced back, but no one was there.

*It's just your imagination. It's dark out and you're just panicking because of that.* Soomin thought to herself. *Besides, I know how to fight, I can protect myself.*

Soomin's phone beeped and she glanced at it to find another text from Chaejin.

Don't worry! :) I'll have lots of yummy snacks prepared just for you! :D -Chaejin ^-^

Soomin chuckled, and sent a quick reply. Then, she slipped her phone into her back pocket as she continued her walk home.

Pit pat, pit pat.

Soomin's heart raced when she picked up the sound of footsteps again. She started walking faster, wanting to avoid confrontation with any creepers.

However, the footsteps became more rapid, indicating that person had started running. Soomin's eyes widened and she sprinted away.

The footsteps were quickly approaching her. Soomin suddenly stopped in her tracks. She whipped around to face the pursuer. He was caught by surprise and couldn't stop himself in time, so he crashed into her.

The two of them fell back on the ground. Before the guy could do anything, Soomin threw him off of her and stood up. She slammed her foot down on his chest and glared at him.

"What the hell do you want?" She snapped. Her eyes flashed with anger, but then it flickered and disappeared. The anger was replaced with surpise.

"K-kim Yookwon?" She stammered. U-Kwon smirked and pushed her foot off him. He stood up and brushed himself off.

"Yeah. I see you've learned how to fight." He said, raising an eyebrow. "When we were dating, you had been one of the most innocent girls I had ever met." He smirked.

Soomin's lips curled into a scowl. She her heels and started to storm away. U-Kwon's hand shot out and he grabbed her wrist.

"What!?" Soomin turned towards him and snapped. She was breathing heavily, trying to contain her anger.

"Trying to act angry now? You can't hide it, I know you still love me. Just seeing me makes you weak. I was your everything, wasn't I?" U-Kwon said, a smug smile on his face.

"That's n-" Soomin began to speak but she was cut off by U-Kwon. He held his finger up to her lips and she immediately shut .

"You were so innocent that you didn't even know that I was always cheating on you. You had no clue that those times I said I was 'studying' I was actually making out with other girls. You were so weak, you made the game too easy for me." U-Kwon continued.

"Now, you still lose to me in this game. The game of 'love'. You'll never win against me." He said, moving his face closer to hers.

The words pierced into Soomin's heart and she knew how right he was. She had been such a naive, innocent fool back then. She had fallen for U-Kwon head over heels. He was her first love.

When she had found out about him cheating, she couldn't believe it at first. She denied it with all her being. Yet, eventually she knew it was true. U-Kwon broke up with her, tearing her heart apart and ripping it into a million pieces. He discarded her like she was nothing.

*But now, I've gotten stronger. After that, I hated him for a while. Now, I realized how stupid I was. I learned my lesson. I've changed and I won't let him affect me any more.*

U-Kwon had a smirk on his face, waiting to see Soomin break down and cry. He loved playing with her. He enjoyed seeing her break down because of him. It made him feel in control. He was just like Soomin is now. Love was just a game to him. His favorite person to play with, was Soomin.

Toying with another person's heart was his hobby. The thought of being in love made him laugh. It was ridiculous. *Love doesn't exist in this world.* U-Kwon thought.

Soomin's gaze hardened as she stared back at U-Kwon. He blinked in surprise when he saw the look on her face, but he quickly regained composure.

Preparing for another verbal attack, U-Kwon started to speak. "Now, you're stil-" U-Kwon began, but he was cut off when Soomin punched him in the face.

He stumbled back, clutching his jaw. His lip was bleeding. "W-what the hell?!" He yelled. Soomin took a step towards him and he flinched.

Soomin chuckled and leaned in towards his face. She stared directly into his eyes, holding his gaze. "I'm not the same Soomin anymore. I realized how foolish I was for giving in and losing in your stupid game. But, if you think that you can still have power over me, my heart, then you're wrong. If you think that I hate you for what you did, you're wrong."

"I've changed. I'm not weak anymore. I'm not that innocent girl you had fun playing with. I've gotten stronger and smarter. And it's all thanks to you. You made me into who I am now. So, why don't you just stop trying to me into your game. Find someone else to play with." Soomin said. Her voice was completely steady. It had a piercing tone in it, that drove right into U-Kwon's mind.

Her eyes had turned cold and emotionless. U-Kwon gulped and felt a shiver run up his spine. Soomin backed away and walked past him.

U-Kwon stared after her, stunned by her words. *I've never seen this side of her before...* He felt his heart pounding rapidly in his chest. *Shim Soomin. I've been feeling a little bored lately. Maybe, now that you're like this, you could make the game more interesting for me.* A sly smile played on U-Kwon's lips as he chose his next player for his game.

*I've never started the game over with someone before. This will be interesting.*

Soomin never glanced back as she walked away. She placed a hand on her heart and exhaled.

*I did it. I have officially moved on from him. I'm different now. I'll never let him play with me again.* As she walked, Soomin glanced up at the sky, feeling much stronger than she ever had before.

*This is it, this is who I am now.*