Moving On

Hey, Playgirl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6zX8ZdIaSI 

The next morning, Soomin woke up to find her old school uniform hanging on her door. A big smile came on her face and she hugged her pillow, squealing happily.

A knock sounded on her door. "Soomin, can I come in?" Mr. Shim's voice came from behind the door. "Uh, sure." Soomin answered.

*What could he want now? Is he going to warn me not to go near Chaejin at school?*

The door opened and Mr. Shim walked in. He gave Soomin an awkward smile. "Good morning." He said, scratching the back of his head nervously.

"Good morning.." Soomin responded uncertaintly. *Why does he seem so nervous?*

"Well, umm... I was thinking about it a lot last night and I came to a decision." He said.

"Thought about what? What decision?" Soomin questioned. She stared at her dad curiously, tilting her head as she waited for him to answer her.

"I'm going to let you see Chaejin again. But, you're still grounded. If he wants to come over and do homework, he can. Only until seven though." Mr. Shim said.

Soomin's eyes grew wide as she gazed at her father with a bewildered expression. Then, she smiled warmly at him and threw her arms around him.

"Thank you so much Dad!" She said. "I love you Daddy!" She squealed giddily. Mr. Shim's eyes widened in shock. *Daddy?*

Tears brimmed in his eyes and he smiled as he hugged his daughter back. Soomin pulled away and beamed at him. "I swear I'll become more responsible, just for you Dad." She said.

"Good, now go get ready for school. I need to leave for work now." Mr. Shim said. He kissed her on the forehead and left the room. Soomin smiled to herself. *Don't worry Dad, I'll become a better person. Actually, I already am and it's all because of Chaejin.*

Soomin hopped out of bed and prepared for school. Minutes later, she came downstairs in her uniform with her bag slung over her shoulder.

Nobody was home so she bounded out the door. Soomin had a skip to her step as she made her way to school that day. She was too excited to be back in her old school although she had only been gone for a day.

In a matter of minutes, Soomin was at school. Students were roaming in and some stared at her as she made her way through the gates.

"What's that doing back here?"

"Did she really hire those seven guys to get rid of Eunhee?"

"The ing ."

"Hey! Don't talk about my girlfriend that way!" Chaejin snapped. He came up out of nowhere and slung his arm around Soomin's shoulder. He gave her a cheeky grin before sending a glare at all the students around them.

The students backed off, scurrying ahead of the pair. "Soomin!" Chaejin exclaimed happily. He nuzzled into her neck like a puppy.

"Hey, don't do that, it tickles." Soomin said, shoving Chaejin's head away. "Aww, what a cute couple!" Seyong's voice rang out above the buzz of the crowd.

"Soomin!" Seyong shouted, holding his arms out. He walked over to her, pulled her away from Chaejin and hugged her. "I missed you!"

"Yeah yeah, I missed you too flame head." Soomin muttered, struggling to get out of Seyong's clutches. Chaejin huffed in jealousy and yanked Soomin away from Seyong.

"Don't touch my girl." He said, sending daggers with his eyes. Seyong pouted and stuck his tongue out at him. "Bleh, you're a meanie." He said.

"Well, isn't this a lovely sight."

Soomin, Chaejin, and Seyong stopped what they were doing and turned to find U-Kwon standing behind them with his eyebrows raised.

"Y-Yookwon?" Soomin said. Chaejin's eyes narrowed at him. "What do you want?" Chaejin growled. U-Kwon didn't pay any attention to Chaejin, his eyes glued to Soomin.

"Can we talk for a minute?" He asked. Soomin glanced at Chaejin who looked like he was about to explode from anger. She placed her hand on his shoulder reassuringly. "It'll just be for a minute." She said to him. Chaejin didn't seem any happier but he let her go anyways.

U-Kwon started walking to the school gates and stood just outside them. Soomin followed him, biting her bottom lip nervously. *What could he want to talk about?*

When Soomin approached him, U-Kwon looked straight into her eyes. Soomin froze in place, shocked by what she saw in his eyes.

She could see a mixture of emotions swirling around. Regret, sadness, pain. All feelings of melancholy. His eyes were dull, a bottomless void that was her into them. She could tell that all of his emotions were being projected to her just through his eyes.

It pierced into her heart and she felt a bit guilty, like it was her fault he was feeling that way.

And it was. She didn't want to admit it, but it was her fault he was hurting so badly. *Why was it so easy to break someone's heart before? Why do I feel like the most horrible person in the world as I stare into this heartbroken guy's eyes?*

U-Kwon finally did something other than stare at her when he grabbed her hands in his. His eyes never left hers though. A bitter smile came on his face and he almost felt like laughing. But if he had, it would have been a dry, humorless laugh.

*I came here to win her back, but seeing her with that kid...I just lost all my courage. I want her back but she'll probably be much happier with him. I'm just the bastard that broke her heart.*

"Soomin." U-Kwon whispered, his voice broken and pained. Soomin's heart ached at the sound of it. "I know I was a jerk to you before. I know I caused you so much pain in the past and you would never want me back. I came here to get you back at first." He let out a small laugh that sounded more like a choked cough.

"But, I'm not going to take you away from Chaejin anymore. I can see that you're truly happy with him. So, I just wanna say that I hope you'll always be happy with him. I wanna say sorry for everything. And, maybe we can still be friends after this." U-Kwon ended.

He didn't know that a tear had escaped his eye until Soomin wiped it away with her thumb. Soomin smiled softly at him and gently squeezed his hands.

"Don't worry. I forgive you, so let's just move on from the past. We'll move on and make happier memories." She said. "Right, friend?"

U-Kwon sniffled a little and nodded. Soomin flicked his forehead. "Ow! What was that for?!" He yelled. "Stop you're sniffling and go back to the cool, bad Kim Yookwon, alright?" She said, smirking.

U-Kwon grinned and ruffled her hair. "You really know how to ruin an emotional moment, don't you?" He teased. "Whatever, go back to your school." Soomin said.

"Alright, but I'll miss you! You should come visit some time." U-Kwon called back as he started walking away. Soomin stared after him for a moment, a small smile on her face.

*I hope his heart will be the last one I have to break. And I hope he finds someone who will never break his heart.*

------------

Hello~

Aww, my poor U-Kwon, I love you~ :)

Anyways, hope you liked this chapter. Thanks for reading!

And, sorry. No gifs this chapter, I'm too lazy to look for any. ^_^