Curiosity

Hey, Playgirl!

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJaxyEhGlec 

"Ouch! That hurt." Chaejin pouted. Soomin was dabbing at a cut on his cheek, applying medicine. Chaejin had been whining nonstop. Soomin had put up with it for a while, but now, she was pissed.

"Stop being such a baby!" She snapped. Chaejin winced at her sudden outburst. He looked down at his hands, avoiding her piercing gaze.

The two of them were sitting in Chaejin's living room. The first aid kit was on the table.  Band-aid wrappers littered the table and a tube of ointment was open. There were a few cotton balls with blood on them that Soomin had used to clean Chaejin's cuts.

Soomin reached in for another band-aid and ripped the wrapper open. She took the plastic off and, ungracefully, stuck the band-aid on Chaejin's cheek. He made a face at the harshness of her touch.

"Ow! Why are you being so rough?" He whined. Soomin gave him a look. "I could be a lot nicer if you weren't such a baby. What happened to the kid that took down those guys?" Soomin replied, raising an eyebrow.

Chaejin had no response for that. He didn't even know the answer. He had just been taken over by some force. Once he had seen that Soomin was hurt, it was like he lost all rationality, he hated seeing her hurt. In fact, he never wanted to see Soomin hurt ever again.

Chaejin was surprised by his own protectiveness over a girl he met only a few days ago. *It's probably because of the dare. I want to complete it so bad, that I'm unconciously going overboard with my actions to make her fall for me. Yeah, that's it. I can't possibly be falling for her.*

"Chaejin. Hey, Chaejin!" Soomin shouted, waving a hand in front of his face. Chaejin blinked and stared at her for a moment. "W-what?" He replied.

"What were you thinking about?" She questioned. Chaejin froze for a moment as she gazed at him intensely, waiting for an answer to her question.

*Her eyes are really pretty. Wait, what are you talking about Chaejin?! You sound like you're starting to like her. No no no. You can't like her. She's a playgirl, she has a bad temper, and she's violent. Yeah, a girl like that isn't your type at all. You like sweet, cute, and innocent girls. That's right Chaejin.*

Chaejin nodded his head while he was caught up in his thoughts. He was still staring at Soomin while he nodded. Soomin looked around awkwardly, wondering what had gone wrong in the boy's head.

"Hey, Chaejin. Snap out of it!" She yelled, snapping her fingers in his face. Chaejin flinched, surprised by the sound and the close proximty of her fingers.

"Oh, uh sorry. I spaced out." Chaejin said sheepishly. Soomin rolled her eyes. They both jumped when Chaejin's cell phone went off.

Hakuna Matata~ What a wonderful phrase~ (I LOVE the Lion King lol :D)

Chaejin quickly picked it up and answered the phone. "Hello?"

"Chaejin, we're coming over to hang out tonight!" Seyong's voice came from the other end. Chaejin could hear his other friends' voices in the background. "We'll be there in five minutes!"

Before Chaejin could answer, Seyong hung up on him. He turned to Soomin and gave her an apologetic look. "Sorry, that was my friend. They're coming over right now so I guess you should probably go." He said.

"Yeah, fine whatever. But, what was that song? Your ring tone?" Soomin asked, slightly tilting her head in curiosity. Chaejin's eyes widened in disbelief.

"You don't know the Lion King? That song was called Hakuna Matata and it's one of my favorite songs ever!" He replied cheerily. Soomin's eyebrows furrowed in thought.

"The Lion King? Nope, never saw it before." She answered. Chaejin's jaw dropped.

"Really? It's an awesome movie, one of the best Disney movies ever!" He exclaimed, smiling like a child.

"Sorry, I've never seen any of those Disney cartoon movies before. Not my style." Soomin replied. *Not like I ever had the chance too.* She thought bitterly.

 Chaejin's eyes looked as if they would pop out of his head.

"No way. You have to see them." He whispered in disbelief. "We'll watch them together one day. We can have a Disney marathon!" He cheered ecstatically.

"Aren't they for kids though?" Soomin questioned. Chaejin fervently shook his head. "No! Disney movies are for people of all ages!" He stated.

"Well, I don't know if I really wann-" Soomin started but she was cut off by Chaejin. "Nuh-uh. You can't say no. You have to watch those movies with me. We'll start with the Lion King and maybe go on to Beauty and the Beast or Mulan." He said, smiling childishly.

Soomin chuckled and gave him a small smile. "You won't give up, will you?" She asked. Chaejin nodded. "I'm going to make you watch those movies no matter what." Chaejin replied.

"Alright, fine. You pick a date and call me." She said, standing up to leave. Chaejin grinned and showed her to the door. "Okay! Bye, Soomin!" Chaejin said, waving happily.

As Soomin walked away, a small smile played on her lips. *That kid is really interesting.*

She let out a soft chuckle, "I can't believe I let him convince me to watch those movies with him. He's really childish. A lot different from the other guys I played with."

Ten seconds after Chaejin shut the front door, it burst open again to reveal his four friends. They walked into the house as if it were their own.

"Yo, Chaejin. How's it going?" Jun.Q said as he pulled out a can of Coke from the fridge. Chaejin shook his head. *These guys really know how to make themselves at home.*

"I'm good, great actually." He replied, grinning.

"Really? You don't look great." Insoo said, gesturing towards the cuts and bruises all over Chaejin's face and arms. Chaejin touched the band-aid on his cheek and let out a nervous laugh.

"So, what happened to you that you look all beat up like that?" Gunwoo asked, settling himself comfortably on the couch.

"I, uh, fell." Chaejin replied meekly. He did not want his hyungs to know he had gotten in a fight. They would definitely find out about him and Soomin being handcuffed together and they would endlessly for that.

"I don't believe it. Tell us what happened." Insoo demanded. He had always been the most caring hyung.

"Or maybe~ He had a fight with Soomin. I saw her walking away just before we got here." Seyong sang, wiggling his eyebrows. He had popped up behind Chaejin, surprising him.

"N-no. We didn't have a fight." Chaejin stammered. "Yeah, right. Whatever. Let's watch a movie!" Seyong exclaimed, already hopping onto the couch next to Gunwoo. Jun.Q sat down in the recliner chair, laying back and becoming completely relaxed.

 Insoo gave Chaejin a look that said, 'you're going to tell me what happened later.' Then, he sat down next to Seyong. Chaejin bit his lip nervously, debating whether he should tell Insoo or not. Insoo was the hyung he trusted the most, after all.

"Hey, maknae! Put in a good movie and then go make us some popcorn." Seyong shouted, breaking Chaejin out of his thoughts. He sighed and walked into the kitchen and put a bag of popcorn in the microwave. Then, he walked back out and popped in a random movie. It started playing and his hyungs became completely immersed in it.

Chaejin trudged back into the kitchen once he heard the microwave beep. He pulled out the popcorn and paused, thinking of a day to have his Disney marathon with Soomin. The thought of it made him smile widely. He also couldn't help but wonder why Soomin had never seen any of those movies before, didn't all children watch them when they were little?

Maybe there was something about Soomin that Chaejin didn't know about. He found himself wanting to know more about her even though they had just met. Did Soomin have a dark past that she kept hidden? Or was it something else? Chaejin wanted to find out.

----------

Hello~

Thanks so much for reading!

Love ya~ :)