It's Just A Dare

Hey, Playgirl!

 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bVML-KSBfDY&feature=related 

Soomin walked back through the school gates and saw Chaejin waiting for her. She smiled widely and ran over to him. Chaejin grinned back and hugged her tightly.

"So, what happened?" He asked. "Nothing, me and U-Kwon are just friends now." She replied.

"Really? That's it?" Chaejin questioned, raising an eyebrow. Soomin nodded. "Come on, let's get to class." The pair held hands and walked to class together.

Chaejin dropped Soomin off at her room, ruffling her hair before he walked away. He smiled to himself while he walked. *It's good that that Kim Yookwon won't bother us anymore. He's not such a bad guy if he was so willing to protect Soomin and beat that Eunhee 's .*

Chaejin got to class and took his seat. Jun.Q was already there, his earbuds in his ears. Chaejin frowned and pulled one out. "Hyung, talk to me!" He exclaimed.

"Why?!" Jun.Q growled angrily. "I'm tired, so don't bother me." He muttered as he placed the earbud back in his ear. He closed his eyes and leaned back in his chair.

Chaejin let out a dejected sigh and stared at the board while he waited for class to start. When it did, he wished he could just jump out the window. The teacher was droning on and on about the research project that they had to do.

*Damn it! Eunhee was supposed to be my partner for that but now she's gone. Now, I don't have a partner.* Chaejin thought bitterly.

*Oh! I'll ask Soomin to help me!* Chaejin grinned to himself. "Is there something you find amusing, Chaejin?" Mr. Kim said, waking Chaejin from his daze.

Chaejin shook his head fervently. "Nope, nothing sir. I'm just enjoying your amazing lecture." Chaejin said. Mr. Kim eyed him for a moment before going back into his lecture.

"Whew, that was close." Chaejin breathed. Jun.Q snickered and Chaejin glared at him. "I thought you were sleeping." Chaejin muttered.

"I was but your voice woke me up." Jun.Q stated simply. "Now, I'm going back to sleep."

Chaejin rolled his eyes as Jun.Q leaned back in his chair and closed his eyes again. *How come he never gets caught sleeping in class?*

The periods dragged on by until it was time for lunch. Chaejin bounded happily through the halls and into the cafeteria with a yawning Jun.Q in tow.

Piling food onto his tray, Chaejin took a seat at the table. Soon enough, his friends came and sat down too. Soomin was the last to arrive.

"Soomin, guess what?!" Chaejin exclaimed. "What?" Soomin asked. "You get to help me with my research project! Doesn't that sound fun!!??" He said.

"No, it doesn't sound fun at all." Soomin replied bluntly. Chaejin frowned and shoved a spoonful of rice into his mouth. His hyungs laughed at him.

"Poor Chaejin." Gunwoo sniggered. Chaejin shot him a dirty look. "You're mean hyung." He mumbled.

"What's this research project about, anyways?" Soomin asked. "I don't know." Chaejin shrugged. Soomin shook her head.

"How am I supposed to help you then?" She asked. "By being there for moral support!" Chaejin said, holding up his thumbs. Soomin giggled and pushed his forehead. "You're such a dork."

"But, I'm your dork!" He exclaimed. "Alright fine, I'll help you. But, you gotta come over to my place." She said.

"Ooh! Can we come too?!" Seyong asked, waving his hand in the air enthusiastically. "Sure, I don't really care." Soomin said.

*My parents won't be home. What they don't know won't hurt them.*

The rest of school went by in a flash and the six of them were on their way to Soomin's house. Seyong was chattering excitedly, talking everyone's ears off.

"Wow, this will be our first time at Soomin's house! Awesome!!" He cheered. "Why do you seem so excited?" Insoo asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Because, I wanna see what Soomin's room looks like." Seyong replied, wiggling his eyebrows. "Hey, no one is going into Soomin's room." Chaejin said, glaring at Seyong.

Seyong laughed evilly and moved away when Chaejin tried to grab him. "Come on, go inside." Soomin said once they were at her house. She held the door open for them and they all piled inside.

"Nice place." Jun.Q said. "Thanks." Soomin replied.

"I'll be back, I just need to change out of my uniform." Soomin said, heading upstairs. "I'll go with her in case she gets lost." Seyong said, smiling slyly.

Before he could go anywhere, Chaejin grabbed him by the collar. "She's not going to get lost in her own house hyung." He growled. Seyong grinned cheekily and hopped into the living room.

The five of them started setting up the table to work on all their homework. "Hey, so Chaejin basically completed the dare, right?" Seyong said.

"Dare? Oh yeah, this was just a dare from the beginning. Well, I think he did complete it." Gunwoo said. Jun.Q nodded.

*Dare? Right, I only asked out Soomin at first because the hyungs dare me to. But, I guess I forgot it was just a dare. No, it's not a dare anymore, I really did wanna make Soomin fall for me.*

"I didn't think you could do it, maknae." Seyong congratulated Chaejin by patting him on the back. "Yeah, you actually completed the dare. Who knew the maknae could actually make the playgirl Soomin fall for him." Gunwoo said.

"Dare?"

Soomin's voice came from the entrance of the living room. Chaejin gasped and stared at her, wide-eyed. "Th-this was all a dare? Even from the beginning? You only asked me out because of some damn dare?!" Soomin yelled.

"S-Soomin, it's not like that! At least, not anymore. I really forgot about it! I don't care about the dare anymore. I-I really like you!" Chaejin stammered.

Soomin stormed over to him, her eyes flashing with anger. "Everything was all because of a dare? I thought you were being sincere from the beginning! I thought that you acually liked me from the start! But, it was just a dare!!" She screamed at him.

Chaejin cowered in fear, too shocked to say anything. "Calm down, the dare is nothing. You shouldn't even care about it if you really like him, right?" Insoo said, trying to pacify the enraged Soomin.

"Shut up! You shut your ing trap! You were the ones who put him up to it in the first place, weren't you?!" She continued on, shouting at all of them. All she could see was red as she shouted and screamed her frustrations at them.

"Soomin, please calm down. I think you're overreacting. Take a few deep breaths." Gunwoo said. Soomin him now.

"Calm down?! Overreacting?!! I just found out that the only reason my boyfriend asked me out in the first place was because of some stupid dare! How am I supposed to know if he's even being sincere right now?! How do I know he's not planning on breaking up with me once this dare is over!?" Soomin shouted. "And you expect me to calm down!?"

"Soomin, I really am being sincere now. It's not because of the dare anymore." Chaejin stuttered nervously. He had never seen Soomin so angry before. It was terrifying. Her glare sent chills down his spine.

"I don't care! Get out! Right now!" She yelled, jabbing her index finger towards the door. "All five of you need to get out right now!"

The guys gulped nervously and scrambled to gather all their stuff. They scurried out of the house one by one. Chaejin was the last to go and he paused for a second, glancing back at Soomin. Her eyes narrowed at him and they were cold, venomous.

"I'm sorry." He whispered before leaving. The door shut with a final click. Soomin shrieked in anger and she grabbed a pillow, chucking it across the room. It harmlessly hit the wall and fell to the ground. She collasped to her knees, hot tears spilling down her cheeks.

*Why? Why did this have to happen to me? I finally fall in love again and the only reason the relationship started was because of a petty dare?*

Soomin clutched at her chest, her heart throbbing painfully. *And you just yelled at the guy you fell for. But, he was just tricking me from the beginning, right? He never really cared about my heart, he just wanted to complete that damn dare.*

She pulled her knees up to her chest and rocked back and forth. Her heart felt like it had shattered into a million pieces and her body went numb.

*But, he said that it wasn't about the dare anymore. He said that he was sincere now. And yet, how can I trust those words? I'm doubting myself and I'm doubting him. It's scary.*

Soomin didn't know what to think anymore. Should she believe Chaejin and his words saying that he was sincere in his feelings for her now? Or should she not believe the words coming from a guy whose first motivation to communicate with her was just a dare?

"I don't know anymore. I really don't know." Soomin sobbed. Her breaths were short and shallow as she cried. The confusing emotions that swirled about in her mind were clouding her judgement.

-------------

Meanwhile, Chaejin trudged into his home feeling sick to his stomach. His heart felt like a weight had been dropped into it and then it was thrown into an ocean to drown. His mind was fuzzy and despondent.

*I hurt Soomin. She got angry because of me. She doesn't believe me because I agreed to that dare. But also, if it weren't for that dare I never would have...fallen for her.*

Chaejin let out a dejected sigh as he went upstairs. He threw his backpack on his bed and plopped down on it. He laid back and stared at the ceiling.

"She must hate me now. She'll never want to see me again. She'll probably break up with me. And I deserve it. I should have told her sooner and maybe things wouldn't have turned out like this." Chaejin mumbled dejectedly.

"But, I can't give her up now. I can't lose her like this. Not after all we've been through." Chaejin said, a determined look in his eyes. A new found hope surged in his heart.

All he wanted was to go back to Soomin's house, apologize, and hold her in his arms. He wanted to murmur a million apologies to her and kiss her like it would be their last. He wanted to tell her he loved her.

So, he decided that he would. He was going to do anything to get her back. He would go to the moon if it meant that Soomin would forgive him. He knew that he needed to go now, or else it would be too late.

--------------

Hello~

Hope you liked it! Sorry for any mistakes I'm in a rush :)