Asking Her Out

Hey, Playgirl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXOvlyu_7PM&feature=related 

It was Monday after school. Chaejin was at his house, sitting in his room. His hyungs were there with him, to hang out.

Chaejin stared at his phone, staying absolutely still. He didn't move an inch and his hyungs were worriedly watching him.

"Chaejin-ah, what's wrong? Why are you staring at your phone like that?" Insoo asked.

Seyong peered over his shoulder and glanced at what was on his phone. He was surprised to see Soomin's number.

"No way! You got Soomin's number?!" Seyong exclaimed. Everyone gasped in surprise.

"Call her! Call her!" Jun.Q chanted over and over. Chaejin fervently shook his head.

"No!" He shouted. Jun.Q leaped at him, trying to wrench the phone out of his grasp. Chaejin yelped and squirmed out of Jun.Q's cluctches, only to be intercepted by Seyong.

Seyong plucked the phone out of Chaejin's grip, while Jun.Q restrained Chaejin. Insoo and Gunwoo watched them, amused. Gunwoo chuckled when Seyong pressed the send button and put the phone on speaker.

After a few rings, Soomin picked up.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hello Soomin-ssi! This is Kim Seyong from school. My friend Chaejin was too scared to ask, so I'm asking for him. Would you go out on a d-AHH!!" Seyong was cut off when Chaejin broke free from Jun.Q and tackled Seyong to the ground.

On the other end, Soomin's eyes widened as she heard the commotion on the line. "Umm, is everything alright?" She asked. All she heard in return were shouts and the sound of the phone being thrown around. Soomin's eyebrows furrowed in frustration, there were several other things she could be doing right now, rather than listening to a bunch of guys fight.

"Yah! Stop, all of you!!" She shrieked into the phone.

All the guys froze in place, shocked by her sudden fury. Soomin was huffing angirly. She took a few deep breaths in order to calm herself.

"Okay, now let me speak to Chaejin alone." Soomin said firmly, emphasizing the word 'alone'. All five of them could practically feel the anger seething from her voice.

Four pairs of eyes locked onto Chaejin as he reached for the phone, his hand trembling. Picking it up tenderly, as if it would explode because of any sudden movements, Chaejin turned the speaker off and walked out of the room.

Stepping into the hallway, Chaejin softly spoke into the receiver. "Hello?" He said.

"Are you alone?" Came Soomin's reply. Chaejin nodded, then realized that she couldn't see him so he answered yes. "Okay, so what did you want to tell me?" Soomin asked as she observed the silver nail polish on her nails. She lightly blew on them to help them dry faster.

"Umm, D-do y-you want t-to go on a d-date with me this Saturday?" Chaejin stuttered nervously. Soomin chuckled softly, amused by his anxiety. *I've never played with someone as innocent as him. It almost makes me feel bad that I'll have to break his heart.*

"Sure, where do you wanna meet? And what are you planning to do? Unless you want to surprise me." She said, placing the phone on speaker so she could paint her other nails.

To Soomin, love was just a game. She was just a player in the game, and if you fell in love with the other player first, you lost. She had lost the 'game' only once before, and that had been her first time playing. She was determined never to lose it again.

Chaejin had no idea what to say. He had never taken a girl on a date before, in fact he had never fallen in love yet. So, he said the first thing that came to mind, "We'll meet at the H2 Arcade."

Soomin couldn't believe her ears. "Wait, what?" She asked incredulously. *Is this kid for real? What kind of guy takes a girl to the arcade for their first date?*

"The arcade, that's okay right?" Chaejin asked timidly. Soomin couldn't help but giggle at his naivety.

"Sure, sounds good." She said. "Well, I have to go now, see you at school."

"B-bye." Chaejin stammered. Click.

*I can't believe she said yes.* Chaejin walked back to his room and pulled the door open, causing his hyungs to come tumbling forward. He jumped back in surprise.

"Hey! Were you guys listening?!" Chaejin snapped. All four of them shook their heads.

"No."

"Nope."

"Of course not."

"We would never do something like that."

All four of them spoke at the same time. Chaejin sent them an icy glare as he stepped over their bodies and into his room. They quickly got up and scrambled after him, excited to hear the news.

"Soooo, what happened?" Seyong asked, leaning in to Chaejin's face. Chaejin leaned back, pushing Seyong's face away. "She said yes." He mumbled quietly.

Jun.Q cupped his ear and leaned closer. "What? I didn't quite catch that." He said, smirking. Chaejin mumbled it a little louder.

"Stop mumbling!" Gunwoo shouted angrily.

"Yeah, I couldn't understand a word you said." Insoo added.

"She said yes! Ok!" Chaejin yelled, exasperated. Their eyes lit up and they crowded around the maknae.

"Woah, I didn't think she would say yes. Our maknae's got game!" Seyong cheered. Chaejin's face turned red and he buried his face in his pillow.

------------

Hope you guys liked this chapter even though it's not very long. :)