Soomin 2.0?

Hey, Playgirl!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTnwjlDhAY4&feature=related 

First period wasn't even over yet, but somehow the entire school already knew of Park Eunhee, the gorgeous new transfer. People had their phones in their laps, secretly texting one another. The news spread like wildfire.

Soomin was zoning out during class when she heard the news. There were a couple of girls sitting to her right, all of them were whispering rapidly. Without really trying to, Soomin managed to pick out a few words.

"New student?"  "Yeah, a girl."  "I heard that she's really pretty."

"As pretty as Soomin?"   "No, even prettier."

"Seriously? I didn't think that was possible. Looks like the queenka has a rival now."

The last sentence made Soomin raise her eyebrows. *A rival, huh? Sounds like it'll be really interesting. Or, it will just be a pain in the . I think it'll be the latter, but I really hope it isn't.*

"Miss Shim!" Soomin blinked in surprise at the sound of her teacher's voice. He was glaring at her from the front of the room. "Would you mind answering the question on the board for us?" He asked flatly.

Soomin glanced at the problem and said the answer. "It's x=3."

The teacher looked as if he was about to explode with anger, and he just barely managed to keep calm. "Very good." He said, turning back to the board.

Soomin chuckled to herself. *It's so funny how angry he gets when I space out in class and still answer all the questions right.*

Yawning, Soomin rested her chin in her hands and stared out the window. *I wonder what Chaejin is doing right now. Did he hear about the new girl yet?*

 

Meanwhile, Chaejin's head bobbed dangerously as he was on the edge of conciousness. His eyes drooped and he felt himself falling asleep.

Someone gently nudged him in the side and he awoke with a start. "W-what?! What's happening?" He shouted. Luckily for him, Mr. Kim had left the room and the students were supposed to be working on a project he had assigned. 

However, everyone else in the classroom erupted with laughter. Chaejin's face turned completely red and he buried his head in his arms.

"Hey, don't laugh at him. He wasn't the only one falling asleep. I saw a lot of you guys drifting off too." A voice spoke up. Chaejin looked to his side and saw that it was Eunhee.

Immediately, all the guys in the room stopped laughing. They gazed down at their desk guiltily, not wanting to anger the new girl. Eunhee turned towards Chaejin and gave him a bright smile.

"Th-thanks. That was so embarrassing." Chaejin said, covering his face again. "No problem. I thought you looked cute." She replied.

Chaejin's cheeks flushed. "T-thanks. I guess." He mumbled quietly. Then, he scanned the classroom to see what everyone else was doing. He saw people in groups of two, working on something.

"What's everyone doing?" He asked. "We're supposed to get with one partner and work on a research paper." Eunhee answered.

"Oh. Okay. Hey, Jun.Q hyung!" Chaejin called out. Jun.Q looked up and saw Chaejin waving him over. "Let's be partners!" Chaejin said.

Jun.Q bit his lip and looked apologetically at Chaejin. "Sorry, I'm already partners with Hyunmi." He said. Chaejin's face fell. "You're a traitor!" He shouted angrily.

"Hey, I said I was sorry." Jun.Q retorted. Then, he ignored Chaejin and continued to work with the girl sitting next to him.

Chaejin sighed dejectedly. "Now what am I gonna do? I don't have a partner." He muttered. "I'll be your partner." Chaejin glanced to his side again and saw Eunhee smiling sweetly at him.

"I don't have a partner either. So, we can be partners then." She said, her eyes bright and hopeful. "Umm, sure." Chaejin replied uncertaintly. *For some reason, I have a bad feeling about this girl.*

"Great! We can work on it at my house or yours. Whichever one you prefer. How about we start the project after school today?" She exclaimed.

*But, I was going to take Soomin out to a cafe today.* Chaejin furrowed his eyebrows and thought deeply. *Should I just work on the project and get it over with sooner?*

"I-it's okay if you don't want to work on it today. It's just that, since I'm new and all, I don't have any friends yet. My parents usually come back home from work late so I'm always alone." Eunhee said, her eyes downcast.

Chaejin couldn't help but feel bad for her. She kind of reminded him of Soomin, how both their parents were never home. *Soomin will be alright if I cancel one date, right?*

"Don't worry. We can work on it today. What's your address?" Chaejin replied. Eunhee's eyes flashed with a devious glint for a second before she put on her fake smile again. "Really? Thank you so much Chaejin-ssi!" She cheered happily. Eunhee wrote down her address and handed it to Chaejin.

*I've got this kid right where I want him.*

The bell rang and Chaejin quickly grabbed his backpack. "I'll see you after school then Eunhee-ssi." He said, before starting to walk away.

"Wait!" Eunhee called out as she grasped Chaejin's wrist. He stopped in his tracks, tilting his head curiously. "Umm, it's just that, I don't really know my way around the school yet. Could you show me around?" She said sheepishly.

"Uh, sorry. I really have to go. Maybe you can ask someone else to help you." Chaejin apologized before dashing out of the room. Eunhee huffed angrily. *What the hell?! How could he just leave like that? I even had the pouty lips and the puppy eyes. No guy can resist that!*

"I'll help you, Eunhee!" A guy yelled. Soon enough, more guys offered to help her. They shoved each other and argued over who would get to do it.

Inwardly, Eunhee rolled her eyes. *Guys, they're so easy to manipulate. All you gotta do is just look helpless and they'll do anything for you.*

On the outside, Eunhee smiled angelically. "Thank you so much!" She said. The guys all swooned at her cute expressions and her sweet voice. They immediately grabbed her books and carried them for her. Then, they started babbling on about the school and how to get around as they led her towards her next class.

The girls all sneered jealously. "Great, it's another Soomin. She's got guys all over her and she hasn't even been here for more than an hour."

"I think she's got even more guys than Soomin. She's like Soomin 2.0."

"I know, right? Soomin's a while Eunhee seems sweet enough."

"Yeah, but aren't the sweet ones usually worse though? That Eunhee is probably just acting all innocent when she's really a ."

All the girls nodded in agreement at the last comment before they headed off to their next class.

Soomin was taken by surprise when Chaejin appeared in front of her with one of the flowers from the courtyard. He bowed while he held the flower out.

"I'm sorry, Soomin!" He apologized. "For what?" She asked, puzzled. She took the flower from his hands and twirled it around.

"I was going to take you out to a cafe today, but something came up so I can't anymore." Chaejin mumbled sadly. Soomin giggled and patted Chaejin's head.

"It's alright. It's just one date right? We can go some other time." She said. Chaejin looked up at her gratefully and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you so much for understanding! You're the best!" He cheered. "I know." Soomin chuckled.

The two of them held hands as they walked to class. This time, Soomin walked to Chaejin's class. "I'll see you at lunch, alright?" She said. Chaejin nodded and quickly kissed her cheek. "See ya!" He waved as he entered the room. Soomin felt her cheeks heat up and she briskly walked away.

Eunhee entered the classroom moments after Chaejin did. She took the seat next to him before anyone else could. "Huh? Oh, Eunhee-ssi. Hello." Chaejin greeted.

"Was that your girlfriend?" She asked. "What? Who? Oh, you mean Soomin? Yeah, she's my girlfriend." He replied, rubbing the back of his neck sheepishly.

Eunhee didn't reply and turned her head away so Chaejin couldn't see her face. *Soomin, huh. Well then, things just got more interesting. Stealing someone's boyfriend is even more fun than just pursuing an innocent guy.*

Her lips curled up into a sly smile. Her mind already working up a plan to steal Chaejin from Soomin in a way that would hurt Soomin the most.

-----------------

Hello~

Soomin 2.0?! Haha, sorry, I just find that funny. Anyways, Eunhee is pretty damn evil, isn't she? A rivalry between Soomin and Eunhee? Yes, drama! lol And more drama to come!

Thanks for reading and please leave a comment! :)

And I will shamelessly advertise once again. ------> Beneath The Mask <--------- Click it, you know you want to. ;D