Chapter 34

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul opened her eyes, she sat up and observed her surrounding. She laid back into the seat as she stared at Xiumin who was driving.

“You’re awake,” Xiumin said.

Haneul stretched her arms and I looked over at him.

“When did I go to sleep?”

“I don't know when you went to sleep? We were playing and then the next thing we know we saw you sleeping on the sofa.” Xiumin said.

“When did we leave?” Haneul asked.

“A little over 30 minutes ago,” Xiumin said.

Xiumin reached his hand behind her seat and pulled out a small box. He sat it down on her lap and continue driving.

“What is this?” Haneul asked.

“Oh, it's a gift from Hanbyul,” Xiumin said.

Haneul opens the box and looked inside, it was a small black USB drive with the numbers 236 written in white marker.

 

Haneul took her seat next to Xavier and a server placed a glass of wine in front of her. She quickly took it and gulped it down.

“Why so mad?” Xavier asked.

“I hate him so much!” Haneul said.

Haneul leaned her head on his shoulder and tried to cry but it was not working.

“I can’t even cry anymore because I’ve cried to much for this bastard,” Haneul said.

Xavier turned a bit towards her and used his hand to pat her head.

“It’s better to not cry anyways, I hate seeing you cry. You’re so ugly when you cry. It’s so unpleasant to see snot and tears mixing and the next thing it gets on my clothes.” Xavier said.

Haneul removed her head and glared at him, Xavier laughed at her reaction.

“If that’s over now, I have a small gift for you,” Xavier said.

Haneul glowed up and placed her hands out to him but instead, he placed his hand in hers and laughed. Haneul gave him a weird look and looked at his hand for any sort of physical item she was clearly missing.

“What is it?” Haneul asked.

“I have evidence that will make Jaeseok tear everything you made apart,” Xavier said.

“Where is it?” Haneul asked.

“I don’t have it but it will appear someday,” Xavier said.

“I don’t have time to play this game,” Haneul said.

Haneul stood up and walked to the door until Xavier called for her. She turned around and Xavier held up his glass of wine.

“236, you’ll know the rest,” Xavier said.

“I know, BEN,” Haneul said.

Haneul turned away from him and walked out of the door.

 

She immediately turned to him and held it up in the air.

“Why does he have this?” Haneul asked.

“He told me that he has been keeping that safe for the past few years,” Xiumin said.

Haneul turned away from Xiumin and stared at it, she wondered if it was the real thing.

“How did he get it?” Haneul asked.

“He said that someone slipped into his cut from the accident. It has been there since the wound healed. He only found it a few weeks ago when he went to have a scan at the doctors because it was starting to bother him.” Xiumin said.

“It’s the original than,” Haneul said.

“What’s inside of it?” Xiumin asked.

“It’s better for you to not know,” Haneul said.

Haneul placed the USB into her jeans pocket and turned to look out the window. She knew that once it was found by Jaeseok, it could mean the end to their family. Haneul’s mind drifted off to the code BEN, it could mean anything. She only memorized it because it was one of the many codes that Xavier used with her. She never used BEN for any files online so it might be the code to the USB. Haneul was lost in her thinking that Xiumin glanced at from the side. He knew she was trying to figure something out about the USB.

“Haneul,” Xiumin asked.

“What?” Haneul asked.

“When you were sleeping, you kept calling out for Kris and then you would say you hate him,” Xiumin said.

“I… I do hate him,” Haneul said.

“I don’t think so,” Xiumin said.

“I want to hate him so much but you know how hard it is. I think I forgave him too many times that I don’t see myself worth anymore.” Haneul said.

“Well he is your first love, they will always have a soft spot in your heart,” Xiumin said.

“I hate myself the most, I wanted our love story to be like a fairy tale but instead I got a nightmare,” Haneul said.

“Not every story is a fairy tale,” Xiumin said.

“I know that but our story is too messed up. I’m messed up in the head and every day I think to myself that what if I never came back. I could have kept hiding because it was something I was always good at. I only came back because Sehun told me to stop hiding from my fears and face them. Now I’m not even sure what I’m doing anymore.” Haneul said.

“You are doing something, you’re with us. You’re helping us and fighting your problems head on now.” Xiumin said.

“Everyday when I wake up with Kris by my side, it makes me happy but then I remember that everything I did and how fake everything is. It’s not the fairytale I wanted. I’m raising Huan and he brings me happiness every day. I’m grateful for them but I can’t keep living a lie. I’ve realized that I became the fool I didn’t want to be.” Haneul said.

“You’re not a fool. If you are then Kris is the bigger fool.” Xiumin said.

“I just know one day when the truth comes out, I’ll have to leave everything behind and start a new life again,” Haneul said.

“When the time comes, we’ll make Kris understand that we were also part of it. So if he wants us to leave, we’ll leave together. I don’t think I can let you go alone like the last time. It hurt me a lot when you went from innocent Haneul to a killer machine. I felt like I missed out on helping you grow up and that’s what made you who you are today.” Xiumin said.

“Xiumin, I just want you guys to know that protecting a princess will always make her a princess. Instead, you have to let them protect themselves so that she can grow into a Queen.” Haneul said.

“You’ll always be my princess,” Xiumin said.

“I know that,” Haneul said.

A mommet of silence overcame them again, Haneul wanted to ask about Kris and Soojin. She never really knew their beginning or their end. Xiumin realized that they had come to the end of the dirt road that now connects to the concrete road. He turned left onto the road and Haneul turned to him.

“How did Kris meet Soojin?” Haneul asked.

“Do you really want to know?” Xiumin asked.

“After all these years, I think I deserve to hear about it,” Haneul said.

“Kris met Soojin at one of the higher up clubs, she came as an with a man who looked like he could be her father,” XIumin said.

“She worked as an ?” Haneul asked.

“It was actually her first night on the job and something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter