Chapter 31

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul opened her eyes and immediately sat up looking around her. She looked up at the light and blinked her eyes. She leaned back onto the bed when she saw the familiar white wall room and beeping monitor.

“You’re awake.” He said.

Haneul turned her head and saw Hyunmoo sitting next to her holding a file. He looked down at the papers and Haneul wonder what he was doing here since they could get caught by them.

“Where did Kris and Kibum go?” Haneul asked.

“They left hours ago, it’s like 4 am. You were in surgery for an hour.” Hyunmoo said.

Haneul reached her hand down her side and she felt pain. She looked around the room and out the door.

“How are you feeling?” Hyunmoo asked.

Haneul turned to look at him and felt her head spin. She closed her eyes and tried to suppress the pains she was feeling.

“My side is throbbing and I have a headache,” Haneul said.

Hyunmoo looked at her and placed the open file in her lap. Haneul looked at the picture and the map and looked up at Hyunmoo with widening eyes.

“Did you…”

“We lost him,” Hyunmoo said.

“How? I shot him in the knee with the tracker.” Haneul said.

“Lay monitored his movements and we followed him. When we got to the abandoned house, there was blood everywhere but only one room had a lot of blood. It was a room with a bookshelf, the books were thrown everywhere on the ground and some covered in blood. The tracker was left in a closet by the front door. We searched the house from top to bottom. No signs of Jaeseok.” Hyunmoo said.

Haneul crumpled her hand into a fist and he noticed that her knuckles were going to turn white. Hyunmoo placed his hand over hers and Haneul looked at him.

“Why didn’t my plan work?” Haneul asked.

“Maybe you should have shot him in the chest instead of his leg,” Hyunmoo said.

“Maybe I will next time,” Haneul said.

“If there is a next time,” Hyunmoo said.

Haneul looked up at Hyunmoo confused at why he was saying that to her. He picked up another file and laid it on top of the other one. Haneul was staring down at the man in the picture, she looked up at Hyunmoo.

“That’s CEO Jung Sieon,” Haneul said.

Haneul remembered at the party when she saw him and Jaeseok offering him a glass of wine.

“Good that you know,” Hyunmoo said.

“What does he have to do with this? ” Haneul asked.

“That’s what I thought too. I had Lay and other men do some digging. He refused Kangjun’s investment to his company. This deal would have made almost $400 million euros for both companies.” Hyunmoo said.

“What was the deal anyway?” Haneul asked.

“Kangjun runs his illegal trades using his docks and others. This deal was for Jung corps to open their docks to Kangjun to use for his illegal activities. No one has ever turned Kangjun down because they know when they do business with him they get a lot of money.” Hyunmoo said.

“So, I only let Kangjun use like two of my our docks. It only brings us like an annual of $40 million euros and that is a lot when traded into won.” Haneul said.

“It’s not about money,” Hyunmoo said.

“Do you think you can get in touch with Kangjun? I need to talk to him.” Haneul said.

“I still have to call to ask him about the deal. I’ll let him know that you want to meet. Do you want me to tell him about your situation?” Hyunmoo asked.

“Yeah, I’ll tell him the details in person,” Haneul said.

“But back to the topic, Jung corps holds 40% of docks in South Korean alone. That picture below his picture, look at the corner and tell me who it is.” Hyunmoo said.

Haneul lifted the other picture off and stared into the corner and it was a bit blurry but she could tell who it was right away.

“Why is Jaeseok there?” Haneul asked.

“I looked into the workers and Jaeseok works there as a manager on the docks. He is listed under a different name and my worker caught sight of him.” Hyunmoo said.

“He must have snuck in and worked there to steal illegal weapons,” Haneul said.

“No, he is CEO Jung Sieon man now. That’s why they refused Kangjun’s offer and let the deal fall out. He’s being protected and we can’t mess with Jung Corps either. They have too much power that will take us down.” Hyunmoo said.

“I have leverage over Jung Corps,” Haneul said.

“If you’re thinking about that corruption incident, he already eliminated those people,” Hyunmoo said.

“Why does everything gotta be so complicated!” Haneul yelled.

“What we can do for now is lay low and wait for the storm to go away,” Hyunmoo said.

“Enough of that, let’s just focus about how Jaeseok got to this house. It still doesn't make any sense, I’ve thought it through like a million times now.” Haneul said.

“Did you even listen to what I just said to you?” Hyunmoo asked.

Haneul glared at him and closed the file, she handed it back to him. Haneul looked at the photos on the other file again. She looked at the map and then the route. Hyunmoo got up and walked back and forth in the room. Haneul didn’t understand what was the cause of his long route.

“He couldn't have made it that far if I shot him in the leg,” Haneul said.

Hyunmoo turned his head to look at her, Haneul traced her finger along the route.

“That’s what I was thinking too. We recreated the scene multiple times in the past hours and the best we could conclude was that he must have taken a motorcycle taxi to be able to get to that address.” Hyunmoo said.

Haneul looked at the map and the street, someth

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter