Chapter 19

The Mafia's Queen
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Haneul seats Huan on the couch, she hands him a bowl with chocolate ice cream. She grabs her bowl and in the other hand the remote. She leans back and Huan picks up the spoon, she looks at him. He was eating his ice cream quietly, she turned the tv on and tried to find something suitable for them. She looks at Huan and a few seconds later he looks up at her.

“Do you like minions?” Haneul asked.

Huan focus back on his ice cream, she let out a sigh.

“Why do I even ask?” Haneul said.

She clicked the movie and it began, she didn’t really pay attention to the movie. Her attention was on Huan, she need to see if he was like what Dr. Lee said. So far, she noticed that he liked sweets and didn’t really want to eat anything besides that bowl of ice cream. He didn’t talk and only nods when asked. She was lost in her thoughts when Huan tugged her sleeve. Haneul turned and looked down at him. Huan made a tired face and laid back in the couch.

“Do you want to go to sleep.” Haneul asked.

Huan nodded but felt like she had to get him to talk.

“Tell me you are sleepy then.” Haneul said.

Huan looked at her and didn’t say anything, she waited but there was nothing.

“Let’s go to bed then.” Haneul said.

Haneul grabbed the bowls and walks to the kitchen, she places them into the sink and returns. Huan is waiting but he leaned to the side to sleep. Haneul picks him up into her arms and walks up the stairs. Huan laids his head on her shoulder and slowly goes to sleep. Haneul enters her room and places him on the bed gently. She sees the backpack and there is a note on the top. Haneul grabs the note and she lets out a growl.

 

Haneul,

Huan likes to wear pajamas to sleep.

He likes to hold on to kiki, the stuffed white bunny.

Also, brush his teeth and wash him.

Have a great night, you know where to find me.

Love,

Kris

 

“Who does he think he is? What a great dad, throwing your son around.” Haneul said.

Haneul looks at Huan, he was sleeping soundly. She thought his jeans were not good to sleep in, she digs through the bag and finds his pajamas. Haneul carefully changes him and folds his clothes on her desk. She places kiki in his arms and pulls the blanket over him. Haneul sat down on her bed and looked at him.

“What am I going to do?” Haneul said.

Haneul got up and went to the bathroom for a shower. After her shower, she changed and dried her hair. She looked at the time, it was already 1 am. She laid down next to Huan, she watched him. Unconsciously she reaches her arm out to him and pulls him closer to her. She wraps her arms around him.

“I don’t want you to suffer like me. I had an oppa and he would protect me like this.” Haneul said.

Haneul recall when she was little, she always slept next to Hanbyul because he took away all her fears. Haneul looks at Huan, she smiles.

“I’ll protect you.” Haneul said.

She snuggled closer to him and slowly drifted to sleep.

Haneul felt someone poking her cheek, she sat up and looks around sleepy. She rubs her eyes and sees Huan next to her. He was holding onto kiki and looking at her. She turns and looks at her clock, it was 8 am.

“7 hours of sleep, I’m so tired.” Haneul said.

Haneul laid down and put her arms over her eyes, she felt a small pair of arms land on her stomach. She removed her arm and saw Huan trying to shake her away. She smiled and watched him to see what he would do. Haneul heard the door open and she looked over, it was Kris. Kris came towards the bed and Huan stood up and walked to him. Kris picked him up and wiped away his eye boogers. Kris looks down at Haneul and she is still sleeping. Kris uses his hand to shake her awake, Haneul groans.

“Huan wakes up at 7 am, why are you still sleeping?” Kris asked.

“How am I supposed to know? I’m not his babysitter.” Haneul growled.

“You’re not but you can be…”

“Don’t even think about saying that word, it gives me the chills.” Haneul said.

“Mother.” Kris said.

Haneul gets up and rubs her messy hair, she walks to the open door.

“Take his stuff and leave already. I’m done.” Haneul said.

Haneul walks out on them and Kris looks at her.

“Can’t even take a joke.” Kris said.

Kris looks at Huan who places his hand on Kris’ cheek.

“Let’s get you changed.” Kris said.

Kris grabs Huan’s bag and walks into her bathroom.

Haneul sits down at the kitchen table with a glass of orange juice and toast. Lay walks in past her, she looks up at him.

“What are you doing here?” Haneul asked.

“Everyone is here.” Lay replied.

“Why?” Haneul asked.

“We’re moving you to our mansion.” Lay said.

“Great.” Haneul said.

Haneul placed her head on the table and looked at Lay sideways. He scratches his head and walks out to the other side. Haneul eats her toast and continues to lay there with no care. She places her plates in the sink. She returns to her room and finds that everything is gone. The desk was no longer there and she panicked.

“Looking for this?”

Haneul turned around and saw Suho, he was holding clothes in his hand. Haneul walked towards him and grabbed them.

“Thanks.” Haneul said.

“Can’t have you leaving the house in pajamas.” Suho said.

“I’ll change and then we can head out.” Haneul said.

Haneul walked into her bathroom and Suho sat down on the bed.

“Can I ask you something?” Suho said.

“What?” Haneul said.

“It’s kind of pushing it but I just wanted to know what you feel towards Kris and now that Huan is here?” Suho asked.

Haneul walked out of the bathroom and threw her pajamas on the bed. She tried buttoning the long white suit shirt. Suho looked at her, she looked at him.

“Tell me.” Suho said.

Haneul finally got the button in and looked at him. Haneul buttoned the other side with ease and tucked her shirt in.

“Kris will always get on my nerves and Huan doesn't make me feel anything but more hatred to Kris for not being responsible and caring for Huan. He’s not ready to be a parent.” Haneul said.

“He’s slowy learning to be a parent, it’s not easy to be a single parent. He needs another person to help.” Suho said.

Haneul rolled her eyes at him and let out a sigh.

“If I hear you say that person who can help him is me, I’m going to have to put a bullet in everyone’s head who told me the same.” Haneul said.

“But you’ve always wanted to be Kris’ bride.” Suho said.

“It was a childish dream.” Haneul said.

“Just so you know I understand how your feelings.” Suho said.

“Then tell everyone to stop persuading be to be Huan’s mom.” Haneul said.

Haneul grabbed her pajama and walked to the door, she looked at Suho.

“Are you not going to come?” Haneul asked.

“Kai, Luhan, Sehun and I have to talk to Gramps about something and will meet you guys at the house later.” Suho said.

“Can I come along?” Haneul asked.

“I guess. Kris and the others

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter