The Rise Of The Destined

Fairytale: Fairy Godbrother (VKook Fanfic) [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 27: THE RISE OF THE DESTINED


"Miss Grimm and Miss Ji, I believe those two are ours." The muscular man that they saw earlier took a step forward, commanding in lead of a group of hunters behind him. Well, it looked like they had been exposed real bad.

"And why is that?" Ji Eun scoffed as her face showed that she was in total pissed off with the disturbance. She was still in the same position in front of Taehyung and Jungkook, glancing at them with uncertain look. When seeing Taehyung kept holding the card that she gave, she took a chance to lean forward to him as Arin took over the situation. "Reasons must be voiced out before action is taken."


Ji Eun whispered to Taehyung's ear; her hand took back the card. "Your cut has healed, your welcome." Jungkook was the first to notice that was indeed-- correct. He laid his eyes on Taehyung's cut but it was gone from the spot. The card somehow helped to heal him, without them knowing.

Their attentions turned back to the ruckus occurred that looked like couldn't be solved. "Those two are our criminals. We have called them in. People from Black Chasseurs will come in any second and bring reward for anyone who has them." The man spoke again, still wanting to take those two from the ladies. "Or else you'll be declared as criminals." His voice was stern as he threatened them. "And I'm pretty sure it will be a big trouble for us to fight."

Arin scratched her head and her face showed them a 50-50 emotions. "Omo, uncle. You have informed the Black Chasseurs.." She trailed off from her words. "I'm sorry but I think I prefer the fight way, then." As soon she ended, she held her fingers to the man's face within wasting any millisecond--- a blinding ruby light appeared in the entire room.

"Kesshō."


"Miss Grimm, no!"

When the light faded away, the figure of the man slowly could be seen better, but the one thing they could noticed quick was that his body was frozen. No, not frozen. Crystallised was a better term to express it since the entire body was stiff on the ground with red solid glass material.

The men behind him eventually took a step behind, thinking twice to go further. Since they had known those two girls longer, they probably knew what they were capable of.

Taehyung and Jungkook were in bewilderment; confused; amazed with what they had seen for the first time of their lives. What was that power? What's up with these two pretty ladies? First they wanted to erase their memories but now they're trying to save their asses from the hunters with Master Lee name was mentioned?

Arin went back three steps with her eyes fixed on the broken door. Now they just need something to buy them some time. She scratched her head again, feeling sorry for doing another magic for those hunters. She ran her fingers in the air, ground shaking slightly with the resolution of the vibration-- making a visible red crystal barrier came out from the floor. The remaining hunters shouted in anger due to the sudden protection. "I'm sorry, but we have to run! Bye, bye!" She waved to them with an innocent smile.





Ji Eun grabbed the poor two kids who were watching the problem, making them to stand straight on their feet. Just about when she took a step, she paused and held the card that she took from Taehyung. As now a blue light shined around the card, Jin Eun threw the card to the barrier, almost making it to stick halfway. The barrier slowly-- became thicker when the blue light surrounded the room.

"Wow." Jungkook accidentally blurted out.

"I know." Ji Eun smirked and continued her steps to walk away from the scene before the hunters manage to break it down, but surely it'd take a really long time.

Arin was the one that leading the way for their escape. Jungkook and Taehyung weren't fully convinced whether they should follow them, but the fact that they were chased by crazy hunters made their hair to stand up in chill. When they were in front of an unknown door inside the bedroom, Arin opened it; only to reveal a forest straight to the outside.




Taehyung furrowed his eyes, "Holy c-cow?" He was silent when Arin grabbed his arm and pulled him to cross the door.

It was like Doraemon's freaking door!

In instant, four of them were in a silent forest where even cricket sounds were too loud for them. Ji Eun closed the Doraemon's door (let's called that for a while since Taehyung and Jungkook were too into the situation), and poof, the door disappeared.

"Heol." Jungkook's legs couldn't help but to surrender due to the stress he kept getting. He fell on the grassy ground, luckily it was soft for a sudden landing. "We barely escaped from hunters that are hunting for our heads."

"Yeah, but please, don't forget that these two are also I don't know, maybe hunters as well?" Taehyung soon joined him on the ground. He nudged Jungkook's arm, "Do you still think our memories need to be erased?"

"Hey, we saved your lives just in inch, okay?" Ji Eun rolled her eyes, practically with frustrated look. "We mistook you guys. So there's no need to erase your memories."

"Said by the one that threw a card across my cheek and made a cut. Damn, that surely almost got me die of a heart attack, don't you think? Which one do you think is worse?!" Taehyung rubbed his cheek, still being over dramatic.

"Well, I don't care about that." She tilted her head, looking at Jungkook and Taehyung. "As long we got you safe, then Master Lee will be happy."






"Oh, that as well!" Taehyung pointed at them and widened his eyes. "Who are you and how did you know about Master Lee and us?"

"Excuse me, but we don't really know about you until a few weeks ago."  Ji Eun answered bluntly. It sounded like they had heard of the princes before. "We didn't know your faces and more details, but Master Lee came to order us to provide insiders information about you if anything happens in the bar. Since Maldives Bar is where hunters and most Black Chasseurs' acquaintances gathered."

"So.. Are you guys the good guys or the bad guys?" Jungkook raised a brow, half of his soul had already gone away with the madness.

"The good." "Bad guys." They chorused together with weird mixed of feelings. Arin and Ji Eun exchanged quick looks and soon, they were on their own moments. Probably thinking about their lives that they had wasted just--to get to that day.

"Huh?"

"Eishh!" Ji Eun sighed frustrated and glanced at them. Why would even they agree to take care of these two fugitives? They're dumb for their own good! "Actually, we are the retainers of Blue Moon's properties, where we protect him and the Keepers. We are supposed to be in Exodus Land, but since you guys, the Destined Childs have been on the run, he asked us to take care things around the hunters."

"Mwo?" The retainers of Master Lee and the ultimate Keepers? Sulli, Myungsoo, Krystal, Sunggyu, Victoria and even Seohyun were too strong. How strong could these two be-- to be appointed as their protectors? Jungkook was puzzled as he connected the pieces together thoroughly. "What is really happening.." He added to his misery.

"No, actually you don't have to understand about this." Arin looked at him with a assuring smile. She seemed too calm in the emergency situation which led them to a massive running. "It was my fault for bringing you to Maldives Bar and it was Ji Eun's fault for not erasing your memories earlier. We're really sorry. We shouldn't even meet in the first place!"

"What do you mean--" Taehyung paused his reply when heard footsteps trailing on the heap on dried leaves, almost near to his reach of sense. He was looking at Jungkook in alert; while the other Arin and Ji Eun changed their gazes in unison. Thought that everyone had noticed the noise.

"Hunters?" Arin mouthed to Ji Eun as she ran her gaze around.

Ji Eun didn't reply at first, instead she took the chance to grab Taehyung and Jungkook's arms to make them stand up, just in case. She ran her fingers through her silky black hair after then, making Jungkook flustered with the sudden move; well, since he almost got face palm with her hair. "Ani." Ji Eun raised her shoulders. "It's the Black Chasseurs and the hunters."

Crap.

As if it was a planned cue, a pocket knife started to fly in the air from various sides, without warning. It was an ambush!

A knife made its first contact with Arin's skin on her shoulder. "Take cover!" She warned and rolled to the side when noticed another knife was upcoming from behind. Hearing that, Jungkook ran to his left as he stumbled with Ji Eun that was going to the opposite direction. She widened her eyes; signalling that there was no time for them to be in Bollywood story where they had to stumble across each other.

"Empódio." Arin yelped in the danger; as a solid barrier started to show up around them, circling for protection. Well, whatever she just did, that saved them for a few minutes from running aimlessly. "Ji Eun, think of a strategy. Quick!"

While the two ladies were busy counting on how to save their lives, Jungkook and Taehyung were into the job where they stared at the crystal barrier around them. The knives that were flying around couldn’t barely make a scratch on the barrier, even on a direct hit. They soon to find around 6 men appearing from the trees around the barrier that kept them separate. They were wearing masks to cover their faces. Black Chasseurs was sure not that secretiveeee.

"I don't think these people are from Black Chasseurs." Taehyung spoke in the silence.




Arin tilted her head, responding. "Yeah, we know. The leader is hiding. I think.. We just have to wait until their leader comes out when he is giving up."


 He eventually sighed-- knowing that would surely take a really long times. He turned to Jungkook. "You know what, Jungkook?" Taehyung suddenly started an awkward conversation, suddenly couldn't hide the feeling that he did shared with Jihyo earlier. "Jihyo gave me a great lesson this morning."

Jungkook blinked his eyes, finally joining in when he saw the men almost seemed hopeless to ruin the barrier.  "What did she say?"

"Just.. Things that can make me realise of something that I didn't know." Taehyung smirked, showing Jungkook that he had a tough day ahead. "I think I know now. The bracelets are the ones that connected with our will, our hearts and our strength. It's something that I need for my other part."

Jungkook nodded as Taehyung's words reached into his mind. The fact that Taehyung had opened up more than he thought did surprised himself. What could he asked more? "So, you're okay now?" He asked, for another confirmation.

"Yeah." Taehyung answered, much of his confidence. "Jihyo told me to not worry over something small, such as, the meaning of evil."

"You know what, Taehyung? Now that you know what you are trying to do, or whatever it is, you know you have me. I didn't join fairy godmothers for you to ditch me alone." He slapped Taehyung's back while he tried to hide his smile. "It's what partners do." He raised his eyes and looked at Taehyung that was still keeping his quirky smile.  Taehyung continued when he laid his eyes on the hunters that were still throwing their knives to them. "And partners will always be there."




He tipped his chin, pointing to his front.

Jungkook rubbed his temples as he understood what he was trying to deliver.

Together, they put their palms on the barrier; the crystal made a crack. It was fast enough to attract Arin and Ji Eun's attentions not far. "W..what?" Ji Eun widened her eyes, taking a step to stop them from doing any unnecessary move since the barrier was the only thing that was keeping them under cover.

Arin held her as she shook her head from Ji Eun getting closer. "Just focus on how to back them up later." She said slowly then looked away from them. "This is we need to do, Ji Eun.." She eventually came up with a plan for them, leaving the gentlemen to solve their fight spirit problem together.

"Jihyo said that if I don't have a reason to be evil, don't be evil then." Taehyung took the chance to tell Jungkook. He was keeping his eyes on the men that were starting to get closer.  They knew they couldn't keep hitting because it was all useless, so they grabbed a chance to use close range attack. Taehyung mentally rolled his eyes but added more of his thoughts. "That's why when I have the reason to save what I love and prove my worthy, I'll do it."

"Weird. You don't usually take another people's advices." Jungkook laughed. "What have gotten into you, eh?" His hand glowed up in white ray; adding more cracks as if there was a weight to push his hand further.






Taehyung shrugged as his hand did the same. "Maybe Sehun's kimchi friend rice was too tasty." The sound of cracking made its way to his ears, soon he knew they'd soon go on a battle with the hunters. They could not just stay and wait, right?

Taehyung's side body made a hit with the crystal glass that he almost felt like his bones crushed. How did that crystal was made? It was harder than anything he had met. Looking at him, Jungkook did the same to give heavier impact. They were together to make a crack on that barrier; even though they knew the hunters were quite puzzled with what they had been trying to do.

On another count of 3, their bracelets lighted up as they felt their wills pumped in their bodies. There weren't any spirits shown since they were just starting, but it was enough to support more of their energies. Soon enough for what they had expected, they made it through the hard crystal!

Arin looked bizarre when Ji Eun shook her shoulders as they were staring at them. "They are the first one that could crush my unbreakable barrier!" She exclaimed.

"W-wow, then. We better called out the emergency."

"You mean, you don't want to help them?"

"Arin, we didn't receive anything about this from Master Lee. We can just provide them backups, but nah, I don't think we can help them without any orders. Let's just see what they are really capable of."

Jungkook and Taehyung looked at the hunters that started to group together, as the hunters themselves finally seeing the targets who dumbly cracked their one and only barrier that separated them. "Where's your leader?" Jungkook shouted to the men.

"Ask him to come out while we're still being nice!" Taehyung chimed in, trying to get a picture about the leader of the hunters. The leader was hiding, sure enough he was from Black Chasseurs and would show his face only when the battle makes them worn out during the fight.

The crickets sound heard through the forest as nobody seemed interested to give out any answers to them.

Krik, krik.


Unable to bear any more of the second hand embarrassment, Taehyung rushed to the front. He was ready for the upcoming attack, but weird since the more he went closer, the more the hunters took steps back. Instead of pursuing forward to battle with him head to head, they used middle range attack by throwing knives to him.

Wait, how many stocks of knives do they had?! It was unlimited throwing since they came.

Trying out the roll-on-the-ground technique that he learnt from Myungsoo ages go, he dodged the knives from the air. Quick enough for him to kick two people off from the standing, making them fell hard.

Jungkook went to the other sides; where more people were waiting for him. "Excuse meeee!" He pushed back a hunter that was coming to him and made him stumbled on his own. The others were approaching-- about 3 people. Jungkook tried to use his water magic spell since that was the first that popped up in his head; Watet Sprout. But it failed since he couldn't summon enough water from his energy! Just when he was wasting his time, his thigh was exposed to the slice of something sharp.

"Oh, come on." When he looked down, it wasn't the knife on the ground, but it was a needle. These guys have levelled up! He wanted to get back on them, but he couldn't because he needed more time. It seemed like Taehyung was having the same problem to summon his bigger fire. So for now, they tried their best to go with Myungsoo's style, combat skills.


"Hey guys!" Ji Eun grabbed their attentions when she saw their problems while they were focusing. She smirked to the point where they didn't know what was that for until she clapped her hands, revealing identical 10 spade cards on her hold. She threw the cards away in the moment but weren't falling-- they were floating and started to move on their own to Jungkook and Taehyung who seemed to need it..? "Gamble it well."

"What even they do?" Taehyung yelled out loud, taking his frustration by kicking the nearby hunter. 5 cards landed into his pocket, and 5 cards went into Jungkook's pocket. When Taehyung glanced at those, the spades symbols slowly faded into a fire symbol.

As for Jungkook, it was the water symbol. With his smart and y brain, he was good enough to figure out the hidden message. His left hand threw a knife to his side-- landing straight on the hunter's chest with 96.3% accuracy, while his other hand grabbed a card. He was trying his best to get rid of the needles. "Water Release!" As the spell was chanted, water

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter