The Hurt Truth

Fairytale: Fairy Godbrother (VKook Fanfic) [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Being..a doll?" Taehyung repeated the shocking words that escaped from the king's lips. Tense filled in the atmosphere and they can't give out a proper reaction. Jungkook gulped, not saying anything as he stared at the king. The King of Heart was being used by someone?

An outsider?

But who? When they first arrived Wonderland, they didn't inspect any weirdness at all. Well..maybe not. But what really the king had gotten himself into?

It was a disaster!

"When Jimin and Xiumin sent an S.O.S, I thought they attacked my sons even when I pretty much did a lot of job covering their tracks." He added, while still not moving from his position. His head went low, guilty in his heart.

"Nonetheless, I'm grateful they're okay. Wonderland is going to be in their hands and it's all my fault. If you still can't notice, Wonderland almost lost its power. I can't save it and with that, the last option was only to call my sons to help and restore the source."

"What happened, actually?" Taehyung grabbed the king's shoulder firmly. He felt bad for Wonderland. As much he hated it, he must admitted that he did.. Felt a quite sympathy to the king. At the moment, he knew he needed to help the king. The King of Heart was always be as his uncle; even though his dad already cut the relations with Wonderland long ago.

King of Heart closed his eyes. Doubting of his decisions. "I'm afraid that is the truth that I can't tell you." Jungkook frowned with the statement and Taehyung bit his lips. "All I can say is, Xiumin and Jimin are the last keys to extend Wonderland's life for now, although it costs a lot of their energy. The canaries that they summoned will restore the part of Wonderland that has weakened. But it's only for temporary. They can't bear it for too long."

It was quiet for a few seconds.

"But why us?" Jungkook frowned, questioning the king. They only came there by a coincidence and to think that Wonderland was actually in a danger state in all these times! They should call for help earlier. Taehyung turned and stared at Jungkook intensely. He gave a look, 'stop-asking-questions-and-get-your--move'.

"You are here, coincidentally. I'm lucky that you came here already. I heard it..from a prophecy that you two are the chosen one." The king took Jungkook and Taehyung's hands. The Wonderland's logo was drawn on their palms, as a sign that the king has trusted them with the full of his heart. It was an old tradition-- if a Wonderlander would trust an outsider, a symbol must be given to them as a sign of loyal. "The yin and yang that completed each other."

They both exchanged peripheral vision. Ying and Yang that completed each other?

Yin. Yang.

"Putting your kingdoms aside, you both will become one together. Yeah.. That's what I heard.." He smiled and patted their heads. Taehyung has growned up tall, didn't he? And maybe a little bit nicer.. Than the last time he checked.

King of Heart let a cough, and with that-- an icy sensation ran through Jungkook and Taehyung's veins and they winced. "Beware of black pixie dusts." He managed to say before the room became dark; suddenly with the king faded away with one icy swirl.

Jungkook felt someone grabbed his hand; Taehyung of course. They then stumbled upon another as their bodies lifted up in the air, just like when they're in the water. Wait, that seemed familiar..

Teleportation room?!

Voices been heard suddenly and Jungkook prayed that it wasn't another dream like what he been through yesterday.

He hit his head on something hard out of moment and his eyes opened without waiting. He was being face planted by the grass. That filled with snow. "Urgh!"

Taehyung groaned, beside Jungkook. He landed on his back safely, luckily. Both of their clothes were now slightly covered in snow. He looked around then said, "Where were the capes when we need it? Damn. It's gonna takes a lot of time to remove these snow." Jungkook chuckled. Neither him, felt that it was surely a great time to get a cape but eventually, let's talk about that later. He noticed something not far from the place that he have been face planted.

Jungkook rised up to see a big beige old tree in front of them. Weird. That room brought them there. Someone must thought of that place.

"Taehyung." He called out. "Where did you take us?'

Taehyung stared at him in confusion before looking at the same tree. "We're supposed to go to the center of Wonderland-- where the Magic Tree would be. It's the source of this land, the tree that collected the ice elements from Royal Bloods." He stood up properly, looking the ultimate beige tree. It was similar to the cherry blossom tree; but this one was an oval shaped leaves that in brown coloured. Most of the leaves has fallen, a few of them were already covered in the snow, and some of them were under their feet.

Jungkook was about to touch the tree when--

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter