Midnight Snow

Fairytale: Fairy Godbrother (VKook Fanfic) [DISCONTINUED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Mad Headquarters, Wonderland.

It was a cottage with a rustic feel; might seemed like a Wonderlander's normal house with its attic rooftop and wooden door.

Everyone was safely brought to Mad Scientists's Headquarters.

But not everyone. It was not complete.

Seohyun collapsed on the ground, making the rest panicked over her. Despite the snow, her white skin became paler, and her breath was heavier even she just fine. She covered her face immediately, unable to grasp of what had occurred. This is nuts. She was thinking. One of the protectors died.

While everyone was thinking about the next step, Seohyun took a major action by went teleporting away without further ado.

"What the..? Where did she go at this time?!" Kyungsoo widened his big eyes, not believing. "Can't she even read our ginger bread faces of despair?"

Jungkook's heavy breath made him unable to say any words out as tears fell down; while Taehyung could felt the atmosphere to become darker. He too, wanted to cry but it was just the tears weren't escaping. It was... A feeling that he didn't know.. It was weird. Something was aching in his chest. Because before, he never knew how important a life was. How would he feel when he would lose a friend. A death happened right in front of his eyes and he were unable to do anything. "C-can we go back? To  check him?" Taehyung stepped infront, unable to utter anything else. Damn, Jungkook's crying made him uneasy. 

"I mean, he couldn't be dead just like--"

Kyungsoo shook his head lightly, stopping the little kid. "Stop. You know we can't do that. Leo and Armin might be still waiting for us."

"You guys!" Coming from inside of the cottage, they could heard Namjoon's voice, calling for them. With rush, he went out from the house with his lab coat and pulled them inside the house's gate at once. Now that they saw him, was this where he went during the commotion?  "What? Where's Seohyun?" He noticed when he started to count the heads.

"Teleported away.. i guess.." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "So, what's up?"

"Junmyeon is inside, I'm afraid that he has injuries more than I thought. Anyways.." Namjoon carelessly asked, not noticing the pathetic faces. It wasn't really his fault; for leaving the crime scene earlier.

Jungkook widened his eyes, in disbelief of what he heard, part of it. "Jumyeon was injured?"

"Yeah." He put his hands on his waist while raising a brow. "Leo found out about you guys and of course, Junmyeon was beaten up half dead for hiding it. Ah, our tea time was ruined because of them!"

The door opened during they were in the midst of conversation. Unbelievably, the Frost Siblings came out from the house with a tired face each. It seemed like they were expecting the guys to come over for a snack time..? They were in donut pajamas and white bunny slippers paired on; seemed like they just woke up from a dozy slumber. Oh yeah, shouldn't they were hibernating?

"What are you guys doing here..?" Taehyung lifted fingers, pointing at the two figures. "W..why.."

"Y-your Highness! Please go inside, you're still not in a good condition." Namjoon went to stop the twos from stepping any further. "At least don't step out from the gatepost." Namjoon bowed a little bit, as a respect for the princes.

Jimin who was half drowsy smirked-- palely while moving his head to shake off the snow from messing his hair more. "Then, why don't ask them to come in instead? Come on, Taehyung."

"This-" Xiumin sneezed from behind. Halt! He sneezed? Somethinng was wrong. "is not- sneeze- Comforting -sneeze- at all!"

"Let us you back in, don't worry."  Kyungsoo pulled Baekhyun from aside. Somehow, he looked like he wanted to get out from the struggle of explaining the whole story if they were asked about it-- Taehyung could felt it.

"You're not acting very well, I'm afraid." Jimin raised his eyebrows to all of them while leaning on the door. He did noticed something that he didn't know.

"N-nothing, your Highness. It might out of our hand but we're going to solve it.. Soon.." Baekhyun shook his head timidly, not knowing next.

Taehyung clenched his fists, looking down. Everyone was avoiding to tell the truth? Sunggyu needed to-- "Jimin, Xiumin. Didn't you know that--" he stopped when Namjoon patted his shoulders. He raised his eyes to see Namjoon-- only to see a devastated face with a glimpse of sadness in his eyes.

"I know what you're trying to say, but please.." Namjoonn mumbled, making Taehyung in confusion.  By that pause, the Frost Siblings went back in with a little push from Baekhyun and Kyungsoo without further ado. "Please stop. It's no need for the princes to know."

"What?" Taehyung widened his eyes. "Sunggyu is dead like, 10 minutes ago and you expect me to not tell them?! We wanted to protect Wonderland and Sunggyu is dead because of that damn Black Chasseurs, you little--" Taehyung was about to grab Namjoon's collar, only to be stopped by Jungkook. It seemed like Taehyung was starting to be over helmed by anger.

"I know what you're trying to do!" Namjoin sighed. "But even if the Princes knew, it'll bring a worse tea for all of us. You can not agitate them. Black Chasseurs is targeting them, and what do you think they'll do if they knew an innocent life was taken because of them?"

"B-but Sunggyu.. he..."

"Do you believe on him? Put your faith stronger and miracle will helps you. That's what Wonderlander holding."

Miracle.

"The Frost Siblings is targeted.. that's why they're here?" Jungkook exclaimed, in an easy way.

"We can't afford to lose them." Namjoon sighed over his words. "Come on in. It's cold outside." He patted Taehyung's back, signalling him to calm down. And Taehyung was at lost of word.

----------

"The stars are pretty tonight." Jungkook mumbled to himself; over the top of the hill behind the Mad Headquarters. It was pretty good place to know, he could say. He laid his eyes on the beautiful stars, that oddly shined through the sky even when it was snowing. But he didn't mind that at all. The more the snow fell on his skin, the more calm he went down. At least that what he thought.

It felt like the snow was freezing the fire inside him.

"You're not crying, right?" Taehyung's voice caught him over. His eyelids went light as he could saw Taehyung was closer. Jungkook covered his face instany, not appreciating to be bothered. He felt then the grass went shifted as if Taehyung was sitting down beside him.

"Get up, Jungkook. We still have to do the dishes that we left after dinner."

"I don't want to see anyone." Jungkook turned his lying position, trying his best to ignore Taehyung. Earlier-- the dinner was very awkward among him. Everyone was talking like nothing happened; it seemed like they weren't in any trouble. And he sicked of that act.

"You have too! We have a lot more things to do, you know."

"What do you mean by that? It's not like it'd change anything."

Taehyung hugged himself, feeling the cold of snow, "That's why I'm saying.. That we still have a lot to do. We will change everything. Everything. And we'll defeat Black Chasseurs, including my dad."

"I don't want anyone else to die." Jungkook closed his eyes in furious upon recalling same incident. "I can't imagine losing my friends. Fighting your dad? Do you know what is that mean? You will break the loving bond that runs in your blood! I can't let that happen, right?"

Me too. I don't want to do it. That was what Taehyung felt on how he should to reply. But he paused, leaving the stressed Jungkook to continue. He knew Jungkook wasn't being himself.  "I.. Wish we could be stronger."

Taehyung felt a sting, realizing how Jungkook could easily said those words. Growing stronger at these times? How..? It sounded impossible because right now, everyone was trying to protect the Bloodlines Limit. They don't have any chance. It was like finding a strand of silky hair in the pale flour-- a tiny of hope seemed to be smaller and smaller for them to learn deeper about their advantages. "I know. I want to protect the Frost Siblings, either."

 "Then.. Why don't we find them again?" Jungkook rise up from his position.

"You want to find them?"

"Yeah. The Master Lee's team. After we got the Magic Tree back into live and Wonderland, let's find them. We might can settle our problem regarding being the Element Keepers.."

"That's a bad suggestion." Taehyung smiled, but deep down he was thinking how should he escaped tonight from the Headquarters. A rather mischievous plan! "But I'll stick with you since we're a great partner." He silently mumbled through the thin cold air. 

"Yeah. It's a shame, tho. Anyways, we've completed a lot of good deeds in here, huh?"

"Oh?" Taehyung slightly raised his eyebrow, noticing the subject. "That's right.. We only need to do another 72..

"We'll complete the punishment, come on. We're fairy godmothers, after all."

"Talking about that.. does Fairy Irene knows about we helping the King?"

They looked at each other, confusingly. Taehyung then laughed, ". We're going to get nag!"

_______________

Thank you for what you've done. We'll come back. Your kindness will be repay.

                            J and V

A note was casually  slipped on the coffee table. Jungkook and Taehyung changed glances under the dim light, with guilty faces drawn all over themselves. They didn't want to do that-- they must. Even though abandoning people around was not a great choice, but they knew that they have to.  "Let's go." Taehyung nodded, signalling that they must not wake anyone up in any minutes. 

And with that, the faint sound of door being closed was heard. It seemed like for the first time, the undercover names, V and J were used.

Jungkook whispered as they made their way over the steel gate, "We have to find Peter Pan.  He knows the Magic Tree, like a lot." Oh, Peter Pan. The one who helped them. He turned to Taehyung who seemed drowsy. It was past midnight-- he couldn't blame him.  Jungkook took a deep breath, indicating to do something big, "Ready?" 

"Yup, yup." Taehyung smiled and with a few seconds after, they disa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter