Chapter Nine

My Song is For You...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Nine

Dara POV

 

She cursed herself mentally, she should have just asked someone else to come get her, tuck in her being nice and used her manager than endure this awkward ride with Jiyong. She thought that her house is only about less than twenty minutes away from YGE building so she figured she can handle it, what she didn't think of was the traffic of Seoul around this time on a Thursday, a preweekend when almost all go out to party getting ready for the weekend.

 

It has been a nail bitting silent fifteen minute ride and they are still not even halfway to her house. She was hesitating on whether she should jump out of the car and walk home than sit here. She had to stop herself from tapping her fingers on the side of the car. This is a telltale sign for her that she's bored to death or anxious. She is positive he can figure it out as soon as she starts.

 

"Well, let me be the first to say it. This is awkward." Jiyong spoke up finally breaking the silence they had shared.

 

She lets out a nervous laugh, and nods. "Very much."

 

He looks at her direction and smiles, "At least we have something we agree on."

 

She shakes her head, "I don't think agreeing to being this awkward is something you should be proud of."

 

He shrugs, "It's a start." He said with a grin.

 

She takes a deep breath silently agreeing. They have been awkward with each other for the past two years that at least having that out there being said than letting it float around building up the unnecessary tension between then. She can feel the the atmosphere around them lightening due to his comment.

 

So when he spoke up it wasn't weird, it seemed normal, "How have you been doing Dara?"

 

She shrugs, "Good i guess. Nothing much going on here. Theres an audition I got invited to do. If i get that then shooting starts in September I hear."

 

"When," Jiyong corrected.

 

Dara's eyebrows met in confusion, "What?"

 

"When you get it. Which I'm positive you will."

 

She blushed and lowered her head, "Ani.." She said

 

He just smiled, "You are humble as usual. Don't ever doubt your talent. You are amazing in all your dramas."

 

She chewed the inside of her cheeks not wanting to ask if he's seen all her shows this year. "Gwomao..." She grumbled under her breath embarrassed, she clears and tries to be civil as well. "What about you? " she regretted it immediately, praying silently to all the gods for him to to mention If You.

 

He sighs, "Oh, the usual. Concerts, music shows, variety tv, studio. Sometimes I think sleep doesn't is not part of my vocabulary." He said with a hint of humor.

 

She nods. She knows how that goes. At least 2NE1 is still on a hiatus but when when 2NE1 is on full promotion mode the girls rarely get sleep with all their promotions concerts and others. And with BIGBANG who has been without any comeback for 3 years the boys felt that they should give back to their fans by compensating not being around for 3 years forgetting their own health and sanity. "At least you get a week off," she said knowing that with Seunghyun in Japan shooting his drama the boys can't do promotions. So they boys get to have their much needed break.

 

Youngbae is apparently going on a trip with his girlfriend for the weekend. Seungri already left after their emergency meeting to Jeju Island with his friends, the bastard already sent pictures of his view in his hotel room, showing off and Daesung... Well whatever that boy does on his break, he's always so secretive. Though Dara assumes that he is dating someone because when Daesung disappears that means there’s a girl.

 

Then... There is Jiyong. She doesn't really know what he is doing...

 

As if reading her thoughts, "I'm going leaving for England tomorrow."

 

She widens her eyes, mostly in jealousy, she hasn't been back to the UK for about two years. She loved that country and planned to visit soon if she has the time. "Woah, you are such an international star." She remembered that Jiyong got invited for the Paris couture. Everyone at the office was talking about that a week ago.

 

He shakes his head and this time it's his turn to feel shy and embarrassed, "No, it's just... Yeah." He didn't know what to say because he seemed flustered.

 

She just laughs at him. She forgets that even though Jiyong seem charismatic and powerful as G-dragon there’s still that humble boy that gets embarrassed when someone compliments him. he is still that shy little kid sometimes. "Well enjoy your break then. You guys need it."

 

She had thought that maybe everything is going to be alright between her and Jiyong, until he asked a question that probably brought them back to square one or maybe worse. She even cringed at the question.

 

"So how's Jay doing these days?"

 

She closed her eyes and clenched her fist on her lap, "Jiyong," she warned.

 

He didn't seem to think the question was inappropriate at all, "What? It's a proper question. Can't I ask how your boyfriend is?"

 

No, she wanted to reply but he is correct, why couldn't he ask? Well for one thing it has something to do with her personal life and she rarely likes to talk about that. But instead she spat back, "Alright, then answer me this. How is Kiko doing these days?

 

He turns towards her direction and shakes his head laughing, "If i answer your question, are you going to answer mine?"

 

She frowns and thinks about it, "Probably,"

 

He looked pretty calm and was alright talking about Kiko when he replied, "She's doing great. She's busy promoting her movie." Then he smirks, "Your turn."

 

She just blinks at him and wonders what is wrong with him. How can he not think that this isn't awkward at all.

 

He can feel her stare at him and knows that look very well. Keeping his eyes on the road, he starts. "I am just making conversation Dara. I swear I am not trying to do anything. If ever, I truly just want us to at least be friends."

 

She sighs hearing the sincerity in his voice. "Jay's fine. He's been super busy lately. It seems like we are taking turns on who has no time to see each other. Three months ago it was me, due to the web drama. Then this time it's him with SMTM and then he is releasing an album soon." She can hear the sadness in her voice. She was tired of not being able to see Jay as much and she misses alot than she even realized but she's used to it, this is the life of an idol.

 

"Well, that happens. It's rough but I'm sure you'll find ways to see each other if you really miss him." He said with a knowing smile, "You always do..." His eyes burned into hers as if he was telling her of a certain event when she did. And sure enough, she knows exactly what he is hinting at.

 

 

 

 

 

December 31, 2009

 

 

Thirty minutes before midnight.

 

 

She was patiently staring at her phone waiting for Jiyong. Dara and Jiyong had a plan for their first New Year's Eve together but yesterday they just both found out that Jiyong needed to be in Japan for a performance. Much to their disappointment, but they knew this was bound to happen due to their Idol status. So as much as it saddened them they needed to get used to it because this may be the first time they got separated for a major holiday together, but this will not be their last for it to happen either.

 

He had told her that his New Year’s Eve performance isn’t live so at least he’ll be free before midnight and they can spend it together in their own special way. He said he’ll text her as soon as he’s in his hotel room so they can skype and spend their first New Year’s Eve together. And kiss on the phone just so they can have their kiss… He was the one that suggested it like an idiot.

 

 

“You know they say that the first kiss you share on the New Years is the most special one.” Jiyong had said quietly, he wrapped his arms around Dara, and she laid back so she would be resting her head on his legs.

 

Dara looks up at him and frowns, “But you’ll be in Japan tomorrow.”

 

He plants a soft kiss on her forehead, “We’ll find a way. We need to be creative, baby. This isn’t going to be the first time we’d be apart for a major holiday.” His lips didn’t leave her forehead, he intertwines his fingers on hers.

 

“I know.” She sighed, she closed her eyes just savoring their moment now. Hidden in this tiny room while waiting for Youngbae to call them that Jiyong has to record with Teddy-hyung, so far the text they had gotten was that the Seunghyuns walked in the studio offering to go first, luckily it was the track that Jiyong didn’t write so it didn’t matter much as long as Jiyong needs to be back at the studio in an hour.

 

“How about we talk on skype and kiss there.”

 

Dara laughs, knowing that her boyfriend had just lost his mind. She looks up at him, “Suuure, that sounds like a brilliant idea.” She said sarcastically.

 

Jiyong narrows his eyes at her, upset that he was just laughing at his serious suggestion. “I said we have to be creative.”

 

“I understand that. But through the camera that’s just…” then she thinks about it. And smiles when she finally understands the point of his silly suggestion, “We can have our midnight kiss.”

 

He brushes the hair off her face “See I’m smart.” and leans forward, he stops an inch away from her lips, “But if you don’t mind, I would like an early advance for that kiss now.”

 

She wraps her arms around his neck to pull him closer that his lips are already touching hers, she smiles on his lips and breathes, “I wouldn’t mind at all.”

 

 

And as creative couple, she had to think of something else as well…

 

Fifteen minutes till midnight.

 

She was slowly getting anxious… what if they wouldn’t be able to do their midnight kiss. Would that be a bad omen for their relationship?

 

AKK! Stop thinking like that Dara! He said wherever he will be at. He’d call. She told herself. She knows that it is hard to keep promises with their busy unpredictable schedules but they definitely tried their best to keep it. Though she hoped he’d be at his hotel room before midnight at least.

 

She glances at her phone, and a picture of them together on her birthday was on her screen saver. She need not be careful today, and the picture made her blissful. It also made her hopeful for her future with Jiyong, a good year for them. Hoping that 2010 be a good year for Bigbang, 2NE1 as well.

 

She hugs on her phone, wishing she was holding him right now. A giggle escaped her lips when she felt her phone vibrate on her chest. Her heart leaped excitedly, 10 minutes till midnight.

 

~You awake, baby girl?

 

She rolls her eyes, and laughs. Of course she’s awake what a stupid question to ask. She calls him and in two rings he answers the phone.

 

“Hey,” He said quietly. He sounded exhausted.

 

“You sound beat,” She observed.

 

He just grumbled. “I took a quick shower, I’m dead beat.”

 

She gets out of the room quietly shutting the door behind her, even though Jiyong is tired he can always hear almost anything around her especially when they are talking on the phone, like he is over listening to stuff to know if she is actually where she says she is. “Well. You can sleep if you want.” She says playfully.

 

“Andwae! Andwaeo!” He protests like a child. “Don’t assume I haven’t forgotten about our deal.”

 

She giggles, “Of course not.” Then she shuts her eyes and smiles feeling all the butterflies in her stomach wanting to see his expression when she adds. “Oppa,”

 

There was a sharp intake of brea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter