Chapter Thirty Nine

My Song is For You...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty Nine

 

Dara POV

 

September 2, 2015

 

"Do I really have to go?" Dara whined as she covered herself with the sheets. She didn't want to get out of bed today but for some reason Minzy was so adamant about having her going out today and to enjoy the sunlight today. She has already taken a shower and gotten dressed but when she was done Minzy wasn't at her house yet so she went back to sleep only to be woken up not ten minutes later. Rather aggressively Dara might add. She was positive that she'd have a bruise on her upper leg by how Minzy had jumped on her.

 

2NE1’s maknae probably called Bom this time because this is how exactly Bom does it when Dara is into this type of mood.

 

"Well," Minzy said as she finally got off Dara. "People say that we should enjoy these days, despite. And when a new start happens then we should also do a new look for a new you!" Minzy said far too enthusiastically than she would normally do.

 

Dara sighs, yep those are the exact words that Bom would say.

 

Minzy starts shaking her, "Unnie, ileona. Ppalliyo.... Juseyo...." (Get up, hurry up, please?)  She started begging with a little more aegyo to move her unnie's heart.

 

Dara can hear the sadness in Minzy's voice, she feels bad that she is putting her 22 year old maknae through this unneeded burden when Dara should be the one alone to deal with this. Yet again, she's bringing her troubles to other people instead of dealing with it alone. After what she had said to Jiyong, she feels like a hypocrite. She knows Minzy wants to help her so she should just move and get it over with. The more she sulks in bed the more Minzy would feel distressed and wouldn't hear the end of it from Chaerin and Bommie who are the ones who usually get Dara out of this slump.

 

Dara wouldn't say she's being selfish, since they all take turns with trying to comfort each other. It's just that with the big between the members it's always hard for them to show their maknae any of their troubles. So the three of them just comfort each other while if they know the maknae is in that mood they'd never hesitate to be there for her but the maknae is mostly out of the loop when it comes to her unnie's troubles.

 

Minzy was brushing Dara's hair off her face and smiles sadly, "We can go to a salon, get our nails done you enjoy those... Or even get our hairs done." Then her lips twitched when Dara was just looking at her blankly, "Please?"

 

Without hesitating this time, Dara sits up and squeezes Minzy's arm. She gave her maknae a sincere smile of appreciation and nods. She felt bad about her maknae and how she's taking care of her unnie these past few days. "Okay,” said Dara with a smile on her face so Minzy wouldn’t feel as if Dara is being forced to move. Dara realized that she should start putting on smiles in front of everyone anyway because when everyone would start worrying about her and that is something she doesn’t want.

 

‘What do you want to do first?” Minzy asked

 

Dara could hear her stomach rumble and she clutches at her belly since technically she hasn’t eaten anything since six last night. “Food first?”

 

“There’s this new ramen store across the street from the salon maybe we should do that and then get our hair done.” Minzy suggested as she helped Dara stand up.

 

Dara nods and looks over the mirror to fix her bed hair. “Alright,”

 

 

“Ommo, I am so tired…” Dara whined as she fell onto her bed face first. She had a long day yet fun day today but she had to admit it was exhausting to pretend to be that fine the whole entire. She had to because she’d always see Minzy looking at her expecting her to breakdown any minute.

 

So as much fun as she had today she was glad to be finally back home, laying in her bed who had been calling for her since she realize that she had been smiling too much even Hyoni asked if she had eaten too much candy to be that hyper.

 

Obviously Hyoni doesn’t know what was really going on but she was glad Hyoni joined them to distract Minzy a bit. It was starting to get harder to keep up with the façade of being cheerful…

 

Dara laid on her back and covered her face with her arm. At least now, she was alone at her house. Her mom and her sister are in the Philippines now for some business trip. Her brother is in Jeju Island for a photoshoot. So, yes her family doesn’t know about her break up with Jay yet.

 

Jay…

 

In her mind she had thought what Jay would be doing right now, at Midnight. Jay would probably be in his studio getting too busy to even eat. If last night didn’t just happen, she would probably be at the studio bring him and the boys food just so Jay would have something to eat. Just thinking about it now made her heart ache. She wondered if she was ever a good girlfriend to Jay, and in all honesty she did try to be.

 

She tried her best to become one… and maybe that was the problem maybe because she was trying so hard. It should have been easy.

 

Right?

 

Then a faint whisper in her mind made her heart clench even more…

 

Jiyong…

 

 

She distracted herself by asking herself what he is doing instead of comparing what she had between Jiyong or the one she had Jay.

 

At least she knew what Jiyong was doing today. He had mentioned it about a week ago, he was doing his individual V app show. They both even brained stormed together on what he should do. And now she was a bit curious what he ended up doing for his fans.

 

After today, the Bigbang members are going to have a three week break from their concerts and promotion which the boys really needed. Dara too has a few weeks break before her busy schedule starts again. She was just casted in a new variety show with Yoo Jaesuk-sunbaenim and Yoo Heeyeol-sunbaenim as well as another web drama shoot. She hoped that work would come soon just so she can be distracted by all of this but she realized that she should go ahead and deal with all of it instead of running away…

 

She could feel her pocket vibrate all of a sudden taking her away from her thoughts. She looked and Chaerin was calling her. She had talked to Bommie already this afternoon so she expected a call from her leader too. Obviously they make sure they’d call at long span from each other just so they wouldn’t overwhelm Dara with questions and would bring her to an emotional breakdown

 

“Yeboseyo, Chaedra…” Dara greeted cheerfully since she was indeed excited to hear from Chaerin.

 

There was a sigh of disappointment on the other line, followed by a stern voice. “Unnie, I’m going to ask you something and I beg of you to tell me the truth.” Chaerin started the conversation.

 

Dara sits up and scratches her head confused. This is a rare moment that Chaerin talks like this… actually she does try her best to be more of a friend despite being the leader, but there are those times when she has to use that tone of voice and each time it confuses Dara more than it worries her because it usually means she doesn’t know what she did wrong. “Um, no hello or a proper greeting then.” Dara mumbled to herself incoherently. “Sure, I’ll be as honest as I can.”

 

But Chaerin didn’t even pay attention to what she had said, because she immediately interrupted before Dara could finish. “Did you and Jiyong-oppa get back together?”

 

Dara blinked. “What?” she couldn’t believe what she had heard. Why would she even ask that question? “No. I’m in spot in my life to even try to start a relationship with anyone let alone with Jiyong.” If she even decides to start dating again it wouldn’t be this quick, she needs some time to be alone without anyone or if so… she just needs time to think.

 

“Seriously, unnie. I told you to be honest. Don’t lie.” Chaerin’s voice was as if she had already known the answer and she wouldn’t believe what Dara would say until she hears what she wants to hear or is expecting to hear.

 

Dara could feel her heart race and she starts to slowly panic. If Chaerin is talking this way that only means she knows something

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter