Chapter Forty

My Song is For You...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Forty

Listen

 

Dara POV

 September 8-9, 2015

 

 Taken photo by Leader again!!! Al..Always watching..^^;;”

 

 

September 10, 2015

 

After going almost everywhere with Chaerin these past three days they both had finally decided to stay home tonight. They haven't even been home but only to sleep then go out again. It's like Chaerin is putting all her power to not have Dara have a single time to think too much. And also making sure that Dara is having a time of her life without having to fake smiles.

 

Even Dara would admit that she hasn't partied two nights in a row before even until dawn.

 

So when Dara suggested to just stay home tonight and enjoy just the alone time, Chaerin was even all for it since she was also tired for being hungover three days in a row. They aren’t as young as they used to be and be able to handle all this much. Well, Dara isn’t…

 

The girls have just been on their jammies all day, watching movies, eating junk food, chocolate, pizza and of course a few beers. Dara has to leave for New York in the morning for a couple photoshoots, so just having a rather chill day was also something Dara needed and wanted.

 

"YAH! Careful!" Chaerin whined since Dara was pulling on her hair too tight as Dara was experimenting new ways to do braids on her hair.

 

Dara giggles, "I'm sorry. It's just I can't see properly." Dara said as she squints on her tablet next to her.

 

"Yeah sure, either watch the movie or pay attention to what you're doing. I like my hair to remain on my head not on the floor." Chaerin moves her neck up to go with Dara's pulling so it would hurt less.

 

"Araso, araso." Dara was just still laughing as she finally just brushed Chaerin's hair properly starting over since it was tangled due to her not doing it right, the movie's had just started and she couldn't remove her eyes the television but her hands were still doing the work on her hair...

 

"Unnie! Why does it seem like I'm you're little tonight!" Chaerin complains.

 

Dara just shakes her head. She finds it funny how even though Chaerin is speaking in Korean she is talking like an American. She has lived two years away from her. Oh well it's adorable. Though, interesting enough whatever Chaerin said made her remember something. "Speaking of being your little slave...." She gets up and goes to her suitcase to grab a small package addressed to Chaerin.

 

"What?" Chaerin asked as she watched Dara disappear in guest room and then comes back with a small box. She claps excitedly knowing what it is.

 

Dara rolls her eyes, "Song Mino wanted you to have this." She puts the package in Chaerin's lap, and she sits behind Chaerin continuing to brush her hair. "What is that anyway?"

 

Chaerin just kept ripping the box. "Things..." And when the box was indeed things. It was little snacks or pieces of things that Chaerin could have someone else mail since they can only be found in Korea. "Yah!" She cried out since Dara hit her head with the bristles of the brush. This is one of those rare times Dara would hit Chaerin... No one would really dare.

 

"Aist! Lee Chaerin! Why would you get that poor boy hunt those things down for you! You could have one of the managers do it." Dara said disappointedly, she's imagining Mino excitedly looking for these trivial things just to make his queen happy. "You know how that kid follows you around like a puppy, and worships the very ground you walk on."

 

Chaerin puts the box away and shakes her head, "Now, you are over exaggerating. He just admires me that's all. He asked me if I wanted anything. I can't deny these things."

 

Dara huffed a breath, "You could have said no thanks! Or had me look for those things."

 

Chaerin smirks, "Yeah right. It's alright. I really don’t need to give you more things to worry about." And she continues before Dara could protest, "Besides, there's nothing wrong with asking a friend for these things. It makes the package more treasured if it's from a friend and not an errand."

 

Dara sighs in defeat knowing that it's true. "Still doesn't change the fact the reason why Seungri snaps at Mino randomly because he doesn't want to admit that he isn't jealous."

 

Chaerin just raises an eyebrow at Dara and snorts, "Wonder where he got that attitude from?" She grumbled to herself in annoyance because she knows oh too well that mostly Seungri has an attitude that he gets from Jiyong, and acting like a jealous fool even though they have no right to is such a specialty of the two.

 

"What?"

 

"Nothing," Chaerin rolls her eyes, "Besides, Seungri can be jealous or whatever he is all he wants. He is happily enjoying his single life right now." Chaerin comments on the times that Seungri is seen with a lot of women during their world tour and how he's always hanging out with his friends out of Korea when he gets breaks.

 

Dara then sadly remembers Jay. How Jay before would always be dating all these females but not be with them longer than six months. Jay explained to her eventually that he did this to get her attention. To see if everytime he has a girl there would be some reaction of probably being jealous.  She pitied the girls he had dated because of this experiment. And ever since Jay had mentioned this to her, she finally understands what Seungri is doing. If only they she could see it.

 

"Why are you looking at me like that?" Chaerin asked since she knows that Dara is having a mental conversation with herself.

 

Dara asks a question that she doesn't realize she'd end up regretting. "Isn't there a chance for you and Seungri?"

 

And Chaerin smiles but she's actually hiding a victorious smile since if Dara brought up this topic when she had been avoiding any talk about what happened to her in Korea to make her run to LA and get the work that was supposed to be hers (they just needed either Dara or CL) in NYC when Dara was supposed to be on vacation the next two weeks. Then she as well can ask a free for all question. Chaerin and Seungri is usually an uncharted waters, no one usually dares to go there unless they are ready for what Chaerin can throw at you.

 

And as soon as Dara saw Chaerin's smile, she knew she already lost. "I—"

 

But it's too late, "What about you and Jiyong-oppa... Or even Jay-oppa?"

 

Dara lets out a huff of breath and leans back onto the couch. "Chaerin."

 

"You know I've just been patiently waiting for you to talk. About what happened? Why you called me crying last week? I only know you and Jay-oppa broke up but that's the extent to that." She paused waiting for a response but Dara puts her head down shamefully, embarrassed with the response. So she continues, "And I've been these past few days to not give you a second to think because I know you'd start sulking and would pretend to smile the whole entire time."

 

And Dara protested, "Hey, not once did I ever pretend to have fun because I truly did." She even forgot that she had any troubles at all which was not the point of this trip.

 

Chaerin nods, "And I know that. But the fact you're coming to see me out of the blue and took accepted work in NYC means that you're running from whatever. Even the fact that you changed your hair color to that not two days after when I told you not to because it’s just going to cause more attention.”

 

Dara chews the insides of her cheeks. She doesn't know how else to respond. She couldn't deny it because it was partly the truth. "I just figured that I shouldn't worry you with those troubles at all. I want to figure these things out when I'm ready."

 

Chaerin just shakes her head, "No one is really pressuring you to make a decision any time soon." Then Chaerin sits next to her on the couch. She takes Dara's palms and squeezes it, "And as much as I love you to death, I just honestly think that you believing that you should deal with any of these alone is such a cowardly way of handling this situation."

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

"Unnie, there are reasons why people have friends. Not for advice per say but sometimes just talking things out helps you deal things on your own. And that's because you've let out everything that stuck in here." Chaerin points out at Dara's heart and head.

 

"My life is such a mess right now, I really don't want to put you in the middle of it."

 

Chaerin just laughs at her unnie and shakes her head, "Correction. Your love life is a mess. You are actually doing really well for yourself."

 

"It's the same thing. It's a mess."

 

"Right,” She replied sarcastically, “Look Bom-unnie and I think that you should probably need a good sit down just to talk your feelings out. There isn't a need to sort anything out."

 

"Probably..." Then she realized something, "Wait, you and Bommie talk about me?!" She exclaimed. She always hated if any of her close friends talk about her behind her back. She never does it and would always wait until someone says something to her.

 

Chaerin rolls her eyes, "Of course we do. Me and unnie are in the same time zone almost so it's easier to keep in touch than with you and Minzy." Then she adds, "It's a shame though that when you are in New York she's actually in London for her cousin's wedding."

 

"You know she's quite upset about that." Dara remembered when she called Bom about her last minute trip to America and how pissed she was because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter