Chapter Thirteen

My Song is For You...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirteen

 

Dara POV

 

June 15, 2011

 

“So the donkey danced the tango and the monkey punched him in the gut” Jay Park said slowly and sarcastically realizing that he has been talking for twenty minutes now and she was not paying attention to him at anymore.

 

“Oh. I am sure it will work out well for you.” she answered absently being far too oblivious to the world. She was too busy staring at the back of her phone and tapping at it impatiently. She was fine and had forgotten her issues as Jay was entertaining her with his animated stories about his new company and colleagues, his random dates with models and idols, just anything just to make her laugh really, (for some reason this boy always knows something is bothering her.) but when Chaerin texted her twenty minutes ago about their schedule being pushed back for another two hours, she had noticed that Jiyong hasn’t responded back to her five text messages from this morning alone. She was hoping that he would at least have some reaction to her having lunch with Jay.

 

He sighed, and leaned forward waiving at her face to make her look at her. “Seriously, it’s like talking to a simulated computer.”

 

She blinks and straightens up and glares at him, “I was paying attention.” She pouted since she felt guilty that he noticed that she hasn’t paid attention anymore. He just continues to stare at her in and without any expression, “Miane.” She finally apologized as the guilt was eating her up.

 

“What’s wrong…” He said slowly knowing that she probably won’t respond if the problem is what he thinks it is.

 

She chews on the insides of her cheeks trying to think of some excuse of why. There was no point to lying about saying nothing is wrong. She just doesn’t want to answer that Jiyong is what is wrong. She immediately yawns, “Just haven’t had much sleep lately.” Which was true.

 

He narrows his eyes at her, “Liar.”(bold: English) He accused. Then he smirks when she shakes her head, “For an acclaimed actress in the Philippines you are a bad actress.”

 

She pretended that his statement offended her. Only Jay would say something about her past occupation in the Philippines. Sometimes he would throw out random lines form her movies back then in her horrible accent as well just to mess with her. So this dork has seen most of her movies and it embarrassed her. “If you don’t believe it. Then whatever.” She crossed her arms across her chest and looks away stubbornly.

 

“ing moron doesn’t know what he has got and he just treats her like this.” Jay hissed under his breath angrily.

 

She barely heard what he had said, and she was sure he wasn’t speaking Korean because she only caught moron and treat. “What?” she asked. She was curious why he is all of a sudden annoyed close to being pissed off.

 

He shakes his head furiously, “I am going to get something to drink, do you need anything?” he said since he finished his coffee in one gulp and puts his cup back on the table heavily. He points at her watered down milktea that she hasn’t even touched since she was either laughing too much or staring at her phone.

 

She pursed her lips together and nods, “I can go with you.” She was about to stand but he put his hand over hers so she wouldn’t get up. What she doesn’t understand is how that simple touch made her want to curl into a ball and cry. The comforting way he was holding her and his soft eyes on hers was making her remember that she was masking her expressions with smiles and fake laughs when really she was slowly breaking inside, “Just water.” Her voice cracked and she hid it with a cough.

 

He pulls his hand away, and smiles at her. “You can continue to stare at your phone if you want.” He said as he stood up and squeezed her cheek playfully.

 

“Yah!” she slaps his hand immediately and caressed her cheek since it started to sting a bit. “You punk…” She cursed at him.

 

He just sticks his tongue at her and walks away.

 

She looks one more time at her phone and held back a sob. She decided to shut her phone off so she wouldn’t keep waiting for Jiyong. If Jiyong would call then he can always leave a message and if he decides to keep ignoring her then so be it… at least she wouldn’t deliberately would just wait for him like a needy girlfriend.

 

When Jay came back with his drink and her water. She tries her best to give him her 100% attention so she can forget her troubles to ready for her photoshoot later. She was thankful for Jay for her distraction because she did eventually feel better.

 

That night, she hadn’t even bothered turning her phone back on. After their photoshoot she just wordlessly walked in her room, plugged in her phone to charge and fell asleep. She was far too exhausted to think, there was 2NE1TV that she had to keep a smile on her face even though she wanted to cry also hide the fact that she felt that way from her members.

 

Little did she know that when she plugged in her phone it didn’t mean that it stays off because it . At 2am, not even two hours after she had gotten back to her dorm. She didn’t even bother to look at who called her. “What?” she snapped, ready to give out hell on the person that decided to wake her up from her hellish day.

 

There wasn’t an answer but just loud music and a mumble. It sounded like a grunt Seungri would do when he’s too drunk and bored that he would call her if he thinks Jiyong is with her to come get him.

 

She growled, “Lee Seunghyun, you better hang up and call someone else. I don’t know where your hyung is.”

 

“Does Seungri call you this late sometimes?” Jiyong’s voice echoed on the other line when she put her phone back under her pillow.

 

Dara immediately woke up and grabbed her phone. “Jiyong?” she gasped.

 

“What the hell Jiyong! What are you doing?” there was a voice that had asked rather loudly against the loud music of the club.

 

Dara’s breath got hitched and her heart dropped, the person that reprimanded Jiyong was a woman’s  voice. She had to stop herself from tearing up. Why is there a girl with him?

 

“Who is that?” the woman asked probably grabbing the phone from Jiyong because Dara can hear him struggle with the phone and whine when Jiyong lost the tug of war with the mobile.

 

“Yeboseyo?” the woman said firmly.

 

“I---.” Dara stuttered not knowing how to deal with the person on the other line. She wondered why she sounded angry when it should be Dara that has every right to be upset.

 

“Oh Dara,” The woman sighed in relief.

 

Dara’s heart stopped. “Who is this?” she couldn’t recognize the voice yet since the music on the other line is too loud.

 

“Dong-wook, grab Jiyong or he’s going to fall off that chair.” That’s when Dara realized that Jiyong had gone off drinking with Gummy and Se7en.

 

“Unnie…” she seemed relieved too she wasn’t sure what she would do if it was some random girl.

 

“Dara, do you think you can come get Jiyong? Dong-wook and I have an early flight later so we need to pack.”

 

Dara gets up and grabs her keys, it was a good thing she was still in her street clothes. “Yeah, of course. Where are you guys at?”

 

She grabs her jacket and a hat so she can hide better when she goes pick Jiyong up in the crowded club. She takes the vehicle that most neitzen don’t know that she owns. Not fifteen minutes later she gets to the club, she parked by the back of the club, double checking if someone followed her here.

 

She sends a text to Gummy-unnie that she was there and not a minute later. Gummy comes out, followed by Se7en who was holding a very intoxicated Kwon Jiyong.

 

Dara gets out and opens door on the back seats, so Jiyong can lay there and hide. From Jiyong’s drunken state, she is sure it wouldn’t be safe for him to sit in the front seat with her.

 

“Unnie.” Dara greeted and bowed.

 

“Baby!” Jiyong said excitedly when he sees that Dara is there. He stumbles from Se7en’s hold who got surprised that he was able to get away. He put his arms around Dara and held on to her tightly.

 

Dara was thankful she was leaning on the car or they would have fallen by how much Jiyong was leaning on to her. She coughed out due to the strong scent of alcohol and cigarettes in his breath. “Hey,” her voice cracked. She wasn’t sure if she should be worried or glad that at least he’s here now one thing for certain is she is very emotional. She still hasn’t forgotten the fact that Jiyong had ignored her all day. She checked her voicemails and messages before she texted gummy, there was still nothing from him.

 

Gummy noticed this and then gestures at Se7en to take Jiyong. “Okay, you need to get in the car now, before Dispatch finds you wasted and with Dara.” Then se7en walks over to grab Jiyong “Pabo,” She mumbled under her breath, slightly annoyed at Jiyong.

 

“Yeah buddy. You need to calm down. We are trying to sneak you out.” He was smirking when Jiyong protested, complaining that he was pulled away from Dara, rather loudly and echoing in the dark alley.

 

Gummy just watches as Dara, bites her inner lip distressed. She’s seen that look before if someone left alone, she’ll start crying. She walks over to Dara, “Hey”.

 

Dara offers a smile, “I am so sorry about this, thank you though.”

 

Gummy’s eyebrows met in confusion not sure why she is apologizing, but shakes it off knowing another issue is at hand, “Is Jiyong alright?” she asked looking at her intoxicated dongsaeng Jiyong likes his alcohol but drinking by himself and more he can handle it’s a different thing.

 

Dara nods, “He’s just letting off steam. Just after everything going on was a lot pressure to him.” Her voice sounded so sure that if you don’t know Dara, you’d believe her answer as if she was being interviewed.

 

Gummy sees this right away, she touches Dara’s arm lightly, “Are you two okay?”

 

Dara held her breath and turns to look at Gummy and her eyes that are slowly pooling tears gave her the answer that was asked. “I don’t know, unnie…” she mumbles.

 

Gummy was about to comfort Dara by giving her a hug but se7en already put Jiyong in the car and walked over towards them. “Yep, the great G-Dragon is in the car.” Se7en smiled.

 

Dara straightened and nods, no sign of tears about to fall. “Thanks oppa.” She teased since se7en hates it when she calls him that when she is only a couple days younger than him.

 

 He squints at her, “You got him? I can go with you if you need help bringing him to the hostel.”

 

She shakes her head conscious about the way Gummy is looking at her, she clears , and “My mom is in Japan with Sanghyun so I’ll just take him to our house. It’s closer there than the hostel.”

 

“Okay, just push him out he can walk.” Se7en teased as he gives Dara a quick hug.

 

Dara laughs, “I’ll keep that in mind.”

 

Gummy hugs Dara tightly, “if you need to talk.” She offered.

 

Dara sobs lightly and nods not knowing what to say.  And she knows that if se7en would see that something is wrong and even though Se7en is one of Jiyong close friend, he is still for Dara’s well-being. “Thank you unnie” Then she lets go so Se7en wouldn’t be suspicious.

 

“You guys have a safe flight tomorrow.” She waved and got in the car.

 

She looked at the back where Jiyong was laying on and his back was on her. She shifted a sob. So obviously that over affection is for show still. It’s obvious that he’s still mad at her.

 

She started the car, half thinking if she should take him to her parent’s or his parent’s but just decided to take him to her house. He probably wouldn’t be too happy if she took him to his house and he’d be this intoxicated. One thing is for certain, she talks more to his family than Jiyong does lately.

 

Sobbing silently, wiping every tear that falls from her eye so it wouldn’t obstruct her eyesight. So when she parked in her garage was the only time she had noticed that the funny feeling on her thigh was her phone vibrating against her leg.

 

She grabs her phone and sees that Jay Park is her mystery caller. He never calls this late so she answered immediately, “Yeboseyo? Jay? What’s going on? Everything all right?” she asked breathlessly her voice sounded strained from crying.

 

“Better question is, are you okay?” he said anxiously.

 

She bites her lip refusing to answer the question. “You’re the one that called me.” She said confusingly.

 

He sighed exasperatedly, “Ani, You called me.” He argued.

 

“Chincha?” she tries to recall when she called him. It was probably as Jiyong hugged her or whatever that was he accidentally bumped on her pocket and dialed Jay. "I am sorry I didn't-----what the---.."

 

To her surprise, Jiyong grabbed the phone from her, "Listen here you punk! Find another girl to call at 3 am. Leave my girlfriend alone." His voice was so dark and low that the statement had a hidden threat behind it. Then he tossed her phone on the seat that it bounced off the cushion and fell out of the door that Jiyong opened, dropping on the floor. Dara could hear it shatter into pieces obvious that it is broken.

 

Dara's jaw dropped and she gasped, "Jiyong, what the hell!"

 

He shrugged as if breaking her phone wasn't a big deal. "I'll get you a new one." Then he steps out of the car slamming the car door heavily leaving Dara alone.

 

She watches as her boyfriend was stumbling into the house. She immediately follows, "No, like what the heck was that about?" She demanded pointing at her broken phone on the ground before shutting the door to the garage.

 

"No one in their right mind calls someone else's girlfriend this late." He holds on the breakfast bar for support. He had his head down his hair covering his face.

 

She can feel her heart pulsing out of her chest by how pissed she was. Sure this was some sort of reaction he had not done for the past month but this was too much even for him. "I called him."

 

Then his face soured and he snapped, "Why on earth would you call him this late?!"

 

"Well it was an accident. When you hugged me or whatever the heck that was, you did."

 

He clenched his teeth, "If it was an accidental call that only meant the last person you talked to was him." He stared at her accusingly as if she did something sinful.

 

She put her hands up in frustration, she couldnt believe what she's hearing as if she was the one in the wrong. "If you haven't been too busy deliberately ignoring me today or even bothered to answer my calls and texts then you'd obviously know that the reason he's the last person I talked to because we had lunch today,"

 

There was a flash of guilt that showed in his face and it disappeared the same secon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter