Chapter Thirty One

My Song is For You...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty One

Lies for Friendship

Jiyong POV

 

August 18, 2015

 

He hasn't laughed like this for weeks, he has been too busy because of their album and concert tour. He just slept most of the time or if he hung out with his friends he'd drink to pass time and to have fun. So yes, this is the first he's laughed in weeks sober. And the fact that this is also the first time Dara and him have hung out alone since their established new friendship. Minzy was usually there or Youngbae or even Seungri. This was really refreshing and wonderful.

 

And it's definitely wonderful catching up. They had been talking about everything under the sun. Durami's new boyfriend who is apparently a big Sanghyun fan than of Dara. Jiyong's sister and her new husband. Her parent, his parents. Even their funny moments on set or behind the stage.

 

They had been talking too much that Jiyong hasn't eaten much of his Chicken Carbonara but for some reason the chicken on his pasta has slowly been disappearing. He was already down to two when he was positive there were about six on there he hasn't touched yet. That next second he saw a fork touching his plate and he immediately moved his plate away, "Okay, that's enough out of you," he said in pretend annoyance to Dara who started laughing so much he swore she was turning pink. He just watched her laugh so much that there was no sound coming out of her anymore, he snorts out a laugh but then stopped. "Myowya.... Whegure." He complained since he was really curious what's so funny.

 

She waves him off as she finally starts to calm down from her laughing fit. She takes a sip from her champagne and smiles, she was fanning herself trying to cool herself down. "I had been picking at your food for the past thirty minutes now. I was wondering when you'd finally notice."

 

He bites a laugh or a reaction. The reason why I haven't noticed is I was far too enjoying myself talking to you because I've missed you. But that sounded too serious and she might run out the door so he said instead, "I trusted you, yet you almost ate all the chicken." He sounded like a child who was just told that he can't have desert for dinner.

 

She snorts a laugh and shakes her head, "Wow this is no fun if you cry,"

 

This time he laughed since he knows she's using his acting classes on him. "Any other days but my birthday," he stifled a sob since he also had the same training with her when they were trainees before.

 

She raises an eyebrow, he was trying to beat her at her own game. "Araso, araso.... Next time then..."

 

And he fought himself to smile rather happily. She had said next time does this mean that there will be another time for this catching up.

 

She giggles as she can read through his expression, "Why do you seem surprised?"

 

He straightens out since he was sure he sported on a dumbfounded expression. He just grinned and said, “No, more like surprise about the fact I have to keep an eye on my food when I’d be hanging out with you.”

 

She coughs out a laugh and shrugged. “You snooze you lose, its fair game from then on.” She then reached over her phone that was lying face down on the table to check it since it had gone off three times in the past ten minutes.

 

She then got too interested on her text message and she smiled. She replied immediately to the text with that beautiful smile on her face.

 

Jiyong had to look away as that smile made his heart clench. He wondered if she looked this beautiful when he'd text her when he would be away too. Though, he already knew the answer to this. He had times when he would surprise her and he'd watch her reaction when he'd text her saying that he'd be on the way to where she was when he clearly was supposed to be in a whole different country.

 

"Sorry," she said as she puts her phone back on the table totally realizing she just ignored Jiyong for more than five minutes now.

 

He just shrugs pretending not to be affected, "Its fine.” He lied.

 

She was to say something but her phone went off again. She tried to ignore it but it just kept vibrating on the table distractingly which meant that it was a call and not a text message. She sighed and said, “Sorry but I have to take this.” and puts the phone in her ear.

 

“Jeez, quit being such a wuss and ask her out already…” She gave Jiyong an apologetic look then she rolled her eyes at the person she’s talking to listening to him explain himself.

 

With that Jiyong’s heart lightened and he felt guilty at the same time. So obviously, she was talking to her brother Sanghyun the whole time and now he feels relieved. He was jealous of course because he wanted her undivided attention thinking it was Jay that she was talking to but he has no right to. Among anyone else Jiyong should be on the bottom of that list so he should be just thankful enough that she gave him a time of the day today.

 

He clenches on his fork and stares at his barely eaten food. He had been too busy listening or talking to her that he hasn’t even eaten it was Dara that picked at his food that’s why it looked slightly touched. He might as well eat this before she gets here, technically this is actually the first meal he’d had today unless he counts that banana and fried egg he had before he worked out.

 

That same second he felt the back of his hair stand up as if someone was watching him and not in a good way. He didn’t need to look to see who it was because that unwelcomed visitor sat across him.

 

“Happy Birthday, Kwon.” (Bold = English) Jay Park said emotionlessly.

 

He still gave Jiyong a smile though but Jiyong wished he could just glare at him because the smile seemed rather like a sneer or of mockery.

 

Jiyong nods and said, “Thank You.” he drank his glass of juice in one gulp wishing that it had some sort of alcohol mix with it. This kind of confrontation needs to have at least a drop of alcohol because this is certainly not going to be a good conversation. As much as Jiyong and Jay dislike each other they’ve never really spoken more than a few words with each other when Dara and Jiyong used to date. This is also the first time they’ve spoken to each other since Dara and Jiyong had broken up. Honestly, Jiyong would have survived another two years without speaking to him.

 

The ten seconds of silence shared between them was so cold that it could cut glass. If anyone was witnessing this they would definitely could see the tension between these two males.

 

Jay drinks Dara’s glass of water in one gulp and he smirks, “I wish that was a shot of vodka.” He said to himself but loud enough Jiyong could hear it.

 

Jiyong didn’t react because obviously they had both the same thing in mind. He was just quiet waiting for the ball to drop. He knows that Jay sitting there isn’t some social call or just to be nice to him to greet him, Jay is never afraid to be honest about what he feels despite what people think. The only reason why he keeps it in is because for Dara. And right now it’s clear that he isn’t going to keep it in any longer because Jay actually has the right to speak up his mind because he is the boyfriend.

 

“From the look on your face it’s obvious that you know I am not sitting here just to be friendly.” Jay finally spoke up after a few more seconds of just staring at each other darkly.

 

Jiyong just nods understanding the situation rather well.

 

Jay says, “Let’s just make this quick because I am positive you want this over with as much as I do.”

 

Oh you have no idea… but Jiyong just remained quiet waiting impatiently.

 

“If you are trying to fancy your way into my girlfriend’s pants then you got another thing coming.” Jay said smugly. He leaned on the back of the chair and straightened up not even for one second taking his eyes off Jiyong.

 

Jiyong clenched his fist in anger.  He couldn’t believe what he was hearing. How could he assume that Dara would be the type of girl that would just make her seem easy? He had to hold himself down so he wouldn’t launch himself at Jay or something. He is positive Jay is trying to egg him on for a reaction. He never spoke to Jay like this before…

 

Jay just smirked, “Go ahead and try, doubt you’ll go very far.”

 

Jiyong couldn’t hold it any longer. “Why are you talking like Dara is some girl who is even close to being that way?”

 

Jay head tiled to the side to see if Dara was close to coming back, there was no sign that she was done with her conversation. He shrugs at Jiyong as a response. “I know she’s not. But I can see what you’re trying to do and I’m just letting you know I’m not going anywhere.”

 

Neither am I. Jiyong wanted to say but he didn’t. Instead he challenged, “Why are you nervous about me sticking around?”

 

There was no expression from Jay that suggested that he was. Jay just looked rather amused, “Not even slightly because unlike you I know when I’ve got an incredibly amazing girl and I wouldn’t be stupid enough to let her walk away the first time let alone a second time.”

 

Jiyong had to control his emotions because the words that are coming out of Jay’s mouth are hitting home right now that the only way not to give this guy the satisfaction that is definitely affecting him. “Then why does it seem like you’re threatened by me?” Jiyong hates talking like this especially when he has no right to act like this because he’s only the friend this time.

 

Jay smiles unaffectedly, “Believe me when I say, I am not.” He raises an eyebrow and continues, “And this is why, you’ve broken her heart far too many times that you can count for her to trust you again.”

 

And Jiyong could feel Jay’s sharp words like daggers hitting his heart bleeding him dry. Jiyong is usually good at giving out responses not to make himself look like a loser but right now he couldn’t find the words to bite back Jay’s statement because as much as Jay’s words hurt those words are all the true—all of them.

 

And this final statement was the final blow, especially with the lie to keep his friendship with Dara because he is positive that Dara wouldn’t even think of being friends again if Kiko wasn’t in the picture. If there was a chance that this friendship might lead them to getting back together then this action is such a good thing to start it with…

 

Jiyong was still speechless, he was trying to rack up words in his brain as to what to say without sounding defeated even though he clearly is. He finally had words formed and was about to say something but then he saw Dara headed this way she was still on the phone so she wasn’t able to see that her boyfriend was sitting just right across from Jiyong.

 

Dara was looking down on her phone and then she stands on the side of the table, “I’m sorry about—Jay!” She gasped when she raised her head up to see her boyfriend taking up her spot.

 

From what Jiyong can see from Dara’s expression she didn’t find it awkward at all that Jay was there. She was actually sincerely surprised and delighted to see him there. She always had a thing that the two boys could be more civil before. Since Jiyong was more stubborn he refused to be anywhere near Jay as much as possible while Jay was more of the level headed and didn’t mind at all… (A point towards Jay for that, because he’s doing this for Dara’s happiness even though he found this quite awkward and aggravating.)

 

“Hey Dara,” Jay greeted with a smile as he stands up and plants a soft kiss on her forehead. It wasn’t something he did to get Jiyong jealous but more of a normal thing he does when he sees her.

 

“When did you get here?” She asked.

 

It was Jiyong that answered the question, “About five minutes ago,” his voice was thick and low just showing how uncomfortable he is with the situation.

 

Jay added, “I was going to wait in the car but I figured I’d greet Jiyong happy birthday as well.” He smiled at Jiyong brightly as if not five minutes ago he didn’t just have that conversation.

 

I would have been fine if you didn’t. Jiyong thought to himself bitterly. He returned the smile since Dara was watching him trying to decipher if he was okay. He had to be alright with it because he has no right to feel this way. He glances

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter