Chapter Thirty

My Song is For You...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Thirty

His Story II (My Last - Jay Park 2015)

Jay Park POV

 

November 29, 2008

Jay couldn't explain what he was feeling. It didn't really came to hit him that today was their debut stage. 2PM had finally given the chance to show Korea what these young men are capable of. They are actually living their dreams! Today was only the beginning. And as the leader, he shall keep the promise he gave to s when they chose him to be their leader. He was going to do everything he can to bring them on top no matter how long it would take, and no matter what happens he will always support them.

 

JYPE rented out this part of the club to celebrate. Alot of the JYP artists are here to celebrate with them. He looks around and s are still quite daze like he is that they've actually just performed in SBS inkigayo as an idol. Jang Wooyoung, Hwang Chansung, Kim Junsu, Lee Junho, Nichkhun,Ok Taecyeon and him Park Jaeobum as their leader. The beastly idols of 2PM.

 

"Aarrghh!" Jay screamed out in the loud club. He just let out the bursting feeling of happiness in his heart. After actually training for four years with s, and being in a reality survival show showing Koreans what be is made of even though he is foreigner. He is finally in the music industry. He can actually dance and perform in front of people that he can turn into fans of 2PM along with s.

 

"Did that just happen? Did we just have our debut stage?!" (*a/n Bold=English) Taecyeon yelled out as well. He was able to finally let go now that someone had finally said something since all seven of them were quiet and still in shock about their performance.

 

"Yeah it just happened!" Nichkhun who is usually the less aggressive type between the seven of them had screamed at the top of his lungs as well. It was a good thing that they at this loud club or people would have stared at them funny definitely...

 

Then Taecyeon grabs his phone from his pocket, "Yeah!" As he reads the text message. "Tiffany said they'll drop by later." This was easy since there is some sort of mini group between any korean-american idols that are either idols or trainees that gather once in a while and are actually friends.

 

Nichkhun got flustered and then said, "Stephanie?" Which is Tiffany's other name that only her close friends call her.

 

Taecyeon rolls his eyes and ignores him.

 

Jay just laughs and pats Nichkhun's shoulder, "Stop blushing, it's not beastly like of you." He said teasingly since it's obvious that 2PM's fresh face has had a little crush on Tiffany since they officially met when they were still trainees. 

 

Taecyeon laughs and punches Jay's arm, "You're the one to talk Jay, don't worry Jessica is coming too."

 

Jay just cleared his throat not giving Taecyeon the satisfaction of catching him off guard. Sure, Jessica is attractive and he has his moments of awe when he sees her but he isn't interested just yet beside he has his eyes set on another person. Though he wants to focus on his career for now since they are on a dating ban. But what Rain-hyung's advice after they signed the contract, that the dating ban isn't really law but a guideline to be careful and not get caught or else.... There are a lot of idols that are dating one another, even ones with dating bans. He knows of one of his sunbae's, Sohee of Wonder girls is dating....

 

Speaking of which...

 

He stops his steps so he can put his arm around Kim Junsu’s shoulder, "Did you invite any girls?"

 

Junsu blushed and quickly shook his head more than once, "Anio hyung. You know I don't have girls that are my outside the company. I only invited Youngbae and Jiyong."

 

Bingo. Jay wanted to rejoice. G-dragon-sunbae and Taeyang-sunbae of Bigbang who are good friends of Junsu are coming which means a certain YG trainee said she'll join too if she isn't going alone. This thought made him smile, he hasn't seen her since she had gotten back to Korea so if she'd indeed show up he'd be in cloud nine.

 

"Aish, hyung at least try and hide that creepy smile of yours. You don't want to think Jessica-sunbae that you’re easy?" Taecyeon teased as goes in between Junsu and Jay putting his arm on their shoulder. He gave Jay a knowing look and started wiggling his eyebrows.

 

Junsu just laughs as Jay turns so he’d be free from Taecyeon’s hold and then he punches Taeyceon’s arm. And walks off pretending as if he haven’t just bullied his dongsaeng.

 

“Yah!” Taecyeon yelled in complaint as he started rubbing on his arm hissing due to the pain. “If I bruise tomorrow…”

 

“You deserved it…” Junsu said in between laughing.

 

“Who deserves it?” Wooyoung asks, he just joined their group after he tried to sneak in the two under aged members they have Changsung and Junho.

 

Jay just smirks to himself as he walks over to the bar wanting to order a celebratory drink. He knows there are two members that can’t be in here and drink, but Wooyoung successfully sneaked them in so he thinks a little drink here and there would lighten up the maknae line.

 

He checks his phone if he had gotten response from her and once again his phone has been silent the past three hours after she mentioned that she might drop by.

 

The bartender sees Jay and greets him, he orders seven drinks to start the night. It's a party so better start it now.

 

 

He was already on his third round of drinks when he started to feel what he had been drinking, it was a good relaxing high. He goes to the bar again ready to order when he saw the a girl by the bar that made his heart stop beating.

 

Only one person can make him react this way, and even though he only sees her at least once or twice every six months or so if their busy schedule permits it, they still have remained friends all this time. They had kept true to their words the first time they had met. Even when she went back to the Philippines they still remain in contact one in a while just enough that to keep up with each other's lives....

 

He was one of the happiest when Dara said she was going back to Korea for good mentioning that she is going to be officially going to debut with three girls having one of them used to be a JYPE trainee. He didn't know Chaerin since she left before he signed on JYPE but he had heard she used to be roommates with Sohee.

 

He walks over to the girl causing his heart to jump out of his chest one slow hard beat at the time, he stands behind her as she was waiting for the bartender to get her order. He wondered how long she's been here since now he thinks about it he indeed did see Sohee two minutes ago. "So Dara, you show up at my party and you didn't even say hi to the guest of honors?" He whispered on her ear, this surprised her that she jumped from her seat, she almost fell back if he wasn't didn't trap her between his arms and the bar.

 

"Yah!" She whined as she turned her seat and pushes him off of her. She just glared at him when he couldn't stop laughing at her, "That's because you were busy. I didn't want to be a bother," she points over at the table where most of s were hanging out and drinking at. Four SNSD girls were sitting there as well. She gave him a teasing look, since she had always thought Jay was some ladies’ man.

 

He shakes his head, all humor disappeared in his face. He never wanted her to have the wrong idea, "You are never a bother." He cursed at the loud club mentally hoping that she'd hear the tone of his voice.

 

She just smiles at his response, "Besides, I'm still quite upset that you didn't tell me your debut performance was today." She crossed her arms across her chest and pouts at him playfully.

 

He pursed his lips together trying to stop himself from squeezing her adorable cheeks, he always found it endearing how she can act so cute despite her age. She already allowed him to not call her noona even though she kept telling him how he should because there is a good 3 year age difference between them. So squeezing her cheeks might annoy her more, so he just ignored that urge. "I told you, you didn't need to. You had your evaluations today, you didn't need to worry yourself about that other than your performance." The monthly evaluations entertainment company do to check the status of their trainees.

 

She bites her lip thinking about it and shrugs, "Our evaluation wasn't at five today it ended just enough time to see you guys perform."

 

His heart swelled up by her enthusiasm. It would have been nice if she was there at least a familiar face would watch him perform but he didn't want to burden her. So he just patted the top of her head which in return she shoves since she hates it when he forgets that she is older than him. "Araso, next performance I'll let you know."

 

She claps excitedly, "And I shall look forward to that day. Park Jaebeom, leader of 2pm!" She takes his hand squeezes it.

 

He smiles and stares at both their hands. That simple action made his heart beat quickly, and skip at the same time. If she didn't let go anytime soon he is sure he might have a heart attack soon by how it's reacting. Thankfully she did, he clears his throat. "Until then... I'll make it up to you." He puts his hand up and that same second the bartender stopped whatever be did and walks over to them. "One more, and whatever she wants." He can feel Dara's impressed look on her face as if she's seeing him in a whole different new light.

 

Without taking her eyes off of him, she orders a malt beer from the bartender who instantly hands her one after refiling Jay's glass.

 

He pretends that he didn't just see her staring at him, he takes a drink rather cooly and then glances at her, "What?"

 

She shakes her head and giggles into the glass since she realized that she had been gazing at him too much. "Nothing,"

 

When he wouldn't stop trying to get an answer from her, so she sighs giving in. "I've been waiting here for over three minutes getting a drink yet I was invisible to him."

 

Jay wanted to say it was impossible to not notice her and wanted to smack the bartender for making her think that she was invisible. But he didn't want to make things awkward so he decided to go for the funny route, "You said it yourself, I'm Park Jaebeom of 2PM." He raised an eyebrow and touched his shirt and straightened his hat.

 

She laughs and slaps his arm making him stop acting like a fool. "Aigoo..." She then slaps the bill of his hat so it would almost fall off his head.

 

He groans dramatically and steps away, "Jeez, don't ruin the swag."

 

She held onto her stomach since she was in a laughing fit from Jay's reaction. They both just laughed and talked some more after they calmed down.

 

It wasn't until another close to ten minutes that he asked Dara to dance with him, and then about a minute or so after that he stopped dancing all together when he could feel the back of his neck stand up as if someone was watching him. Dara was already a little tipsy to notice that he had stopped and he immediately turned to direction where it's giving him goosebumps.

 

Kwon Jiyong, G-dragon-sunbae of Bigbang, is giving him the strangest look as if he had to stop himself going over towards him to hit him or something. He would have understood if he was dancing with Sohee but he was nowhere near Jiyong's girlfriend for him to be giving him that deadly stare. it was odd because he should do that to Taecyeon who is dancing with Sohee and Chaerin. He stops to look at why and then that one second which he is sure he isn't imagining things Jiyong's eyes glanced towards Dara who had grabbed his hat so she can wear it.

 

What is wrong with him? He finally looked away since Jiyong turned around so his back would be facing the dance floor.

 

He takes the hat back from Dara but not before he whispers in her ear, "I think someone is jealous that you’re dancing with me."

 

She stops jumping and she turned pale, "What?" She was obviously clueless to what he meant.

 

Then he felt it again, that prickling feeling of being watched. Without needing to look, he points at that direction.

 

"Jiyong?" She then laughs as if the idea was stupid, "Why would he?" He wasn't sure if she was blushing or if the alcohol and the dancing around had gotten to her for her to be all of a sudden pink.

 

Jay shrugged, "I don't know... He has been looking at me as if he's figured out a million ways of how to kill me and bury my body so no one would find me."

 

She widens her eyes and smirks. "No he isn't..." But her words seemed weak as if she is trying to convince herself snd then she turns behind her and relief washes over her face when Sohee was standing just behind her. "Sohee is right there...." She said but she could tell he didn't believe her. She shakes her head then to prove it to him she waves at Jiyong who just ignores her, "See... He is being the overprotective fool that he is."

 

Jay then looks at Jiyong again and this time he could tell he is looking at Sohee. He scratches the back of his head, maybe he was just imagining things. "Okay...." Then be puts his hat back on Dara's head and she grabs the glass he was holding and finished it. He could slightly see that there was something in her eyes.

 

Disappointment? But then it got masked by a smile that quickly made him forget what he saw since he was more mesmerized by her bright smile. "I'm guessing you want another drink?" Since she gave him back the glass.

 

She just blinks innocently, "It wouldn't be a bad idea." She replies and then turns to completely ignore him since Chaerin grabs her arm to dance with her and Sohee.

 

Jay just sighed and takes another glance at Jiyong who is now busy talking to Junsu and Youngbae, Taeyang of Bigbang. He even nodded back when Youngbae-sunbae acknowledged that he was looking at them.

 

Then to his surprise Jiyong gave him the same look he did not three minutes ago when he was dancing with Dara and then completely ignores him continuing to talk to Junsu.

 

"You can't have two girls at the same time," he mumbles to himself finally understanding that his suspicions were real to begin with… He just ignored Jiyong as well not wanting to deal with it since he was happy that he gets to dance with Dara all night.

 

 

September 04, 2009

Today was the day, Jay had finally decided to go against what he had told himself about waiting it out. the more he sees Dara and the less time they see each other, makes him realize that he just doesn't like her, he is actually in love with her and had been all these years. Now that at least 2PM is on a break right before their new album is about to be released and as far as he knows 2NE1 is as well, today is a nothing but s perfect timing.

 

It's always so hard to be around her at music shows before and pretend that they don't know other or how he can see it in her eyes that she was to congratulate him properly when they'd win against the girls. Or how he also wants go to her to tell her he watched her well during her performance but it's always just through emails or texts with their conversation like usual. Yet this time it's more scarce ever since 2NE1's debut they are like really hot and famous now a days for a rookie girl group which makes Dara more busier than when she was trainee

 

So he just savors the times they'd actually see each other and on purpose. And this is the first in four months since they had their normal coffee date... And this time it's not a coffee date he actually went a high and above this time and now it's an actual legit date. When he told Dara the location she sounded flustered and was confused about what the occasion was it took a lot of convincing to have her say yes.

 

He had told himself to take the risk, and confess to her. He had suffered enough trying to deny his true feelings for her. This also isn't like he's doing this and expecting not to get the proper response. He knows she harbors some sort of feelings for him and he is sure of it. What she doesn’t realize is that he can see her staring at him when he isn’t looking and there is that shine in her eyes sort of like the way he’d always watch her.

 

He already has the exact words played into his head of what to say to her, and all he can hope for is she’ll take the risk with him.

 

His phone went off from a text from three people, two from Wooyoung and lastly from Dara. He ignored the message from Wooyoung but read Dara text which just read that she was done with her schedule and would be getting ready soon enough.

 

He smiles to himself since he couldn’t wait any longer for tonight…

 

His phone rang again and this time it’s Junsu.

 

He is rather confused since why is Junsu calling on their day off, it’s only Jay that’s in the dorms today. Taecyeon and Nichkhun are going out to play tonight. Wooyoung was supposed to go home to Busan taking the maknae line with him and lastly Junsu is already in his hometown from last night.

 

He answers the phone and Junsu’s voice troubled him.

 

“Hyung, you should stay home today.” Junsu’s voice was low.

 

“What?” Jay was confused and worrying.

 

Not a second later Wooyoung busts into his dorm room he looked out of breath from running, he was leaning on to the door.

 

“I’ll call you back,” He said quickly as he hung up on Junsu who started to panic not wanting him to hang up.

 

“Wooyoung?” He asked warily. He had been a leader for over two years to know when there is a crisis at hand. He always could figure out how to fix it if needed and not stress out, because things could get fixed always. And of all s it’s always Wooyoung that thinks of the worst case scenario of things and easily panics.

 

“Hyung, you have to stay here. You can’t go anywhere.” Wooyoung said rather calmly even though his face showed otherwise.

 

He couldn’t understand the part You… like it wasn’t We. So that means that there is something out there that should—

 

“Actually, we all can’t leave.” Nichkhun this time was standing behind Wooyoung.

 

Jay could always count on Nichkhun to be calm down Wooyoung since the two are rather close.

 

“Nichkhun, what’s going on?” Jay asked afraid to know why all of a sudden 2PM members are on lock down.

 

It was Taecyeon that answers the question, he was holding his laptop. “I think you should see this, Jay.”

 

He grabs the laptop, shaking. As soon as he saw the headline that apparently became the number one search hit in the past hour… He fell back onto his bed reading messages he had wrote to his friend on myspace that he hasn’t even touched in a year as the contents of the article……..

 

PARK JAEBEOM: Korea is Gay

Park Jaebum (Jay Park), the leader of 2PM, caused a lot of controversy recently with some comments found on his Myspace dating back to 2005, when he first became a trainee. With comments left by Jaebum saying things like:

“I wanna come back but iono sh*t”

“Korea is gay… I hate Koreans”

“yea man Korea is whack”

 

And in 2007 before he was about to debut, he also wrote about how it was not his style:

“I’m like a gay version of myself”

He also wrote about his unhappiness about moving into together with other trainees in the company.

 

With these messages he wrote on his MySpace page revealed, netizens have gone on an outrage.

There were heated discussions about this on 2PM’s official homepage and on various portal sites.

These comments Jaebum made caused outrage among netizens.

 

 

September 07, 2009

The past two few days has nothing but insanity and chaos. It’s a nightmare that he isn’t waking up from…

 

I JYPE had been trying it's best to do damage control and Jay even

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter