Chapter Forty Two

My Song is For You...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(a/n: Before you start reading this chapter, i just want to add that you probably should read the teaser for this on the previous chapter... after the A/N, if you dont want to then go ahead rand enjoy)

 

Chapter 42

 

Jiyong POV

 

October 26, 2015

Jiyong was exhausted. He wanted nothing but to just lay on his bed. He was finally back in S.Korea after being away for three weeks. This is the first time he was away from home for this long, sure he had vacations but this was for work. As much as he loved traveling and performing there are just times when all you want to do is just lay in your own bed and build a nest there possibly till the start of their Japan leg tour starts which is in a month.

 

He checks his watch, he was about an hour early than expected. He had thought the flight was a certain time when they left for Macau so he would be sure that his parents would get a nice surprise for him coming back. They had mentioned that they have dinner and a surprise waiting for him so he is positive that he is the one giving the surprise.

 

Besides, he just want to sleep. He already ate on the plane. He missed his mom's cooking very much but unfortunately no disrespect to his mother, he missed sleeping on his bed a lot more. He could always just have it in the morning.

 

Without using the front door like he normally would, he opens the back door just to surprise his mother.

 

"Ommo! Adul. What are you doing here so early?" Mrs. Kwon had reacted how Jiyong see it would happen. The kitchen was full of almost cooked meals.

 

Jiyong mentally sighed, if his mother had already prepared the meal this way it only meant that he wouldn't be able to sleep soon. "My flight arrived early." He said simply as he walked towards his mother and kissed her the top of her head. He grabs a piece of carrot on the counter and took a big bite. Okay maybe he was a bit hungry.

 

His mother slapped his hand when he was about to grab another piece. "You are going to ruin your appetite." She reprimanded.

 

It doesn't matter how old one is, to your parents eyes you will always be their baby... Especially since he's the maknae. "Sorry." He noticed his mom staring at him differently as if she was enjoying some inside information of some kind. "What?" He asked nervously.

 

But his mother just smiled and slapped her hands together, "You should have called," there was a glint in her eyes that made it seem like she wasn't happy to see him just yet.

 

His eyebrows met in confusion, his mother never minded if he'd come back early in fact she always preferred it. "Why—"

 

And his words disappeared from his lips when he heard her voice.

 

"Eommonie, Dami-unnie said she'll be here in less than an hour—OMMO!" Dara almost had the same reaction as his mother though Dara was carrying something that almost had fallen. It's a good thing she placed it immediately on the table but not before making a huge ruckus sound.

 

Jiyong still couldn't find his voice as he was just staring at the beautiful girl beside his mother who is turning red as bright as the tomato in front of her. He was blinking a couple times thinking that he's exhaustion has finally caught up to him that he's imagining things.

 

"What happened here?" Mr. Kwon walks into the kitchen only to see the stare down that Jiyong and Dara are sharing. He could see his wife standing between them awkwardly but at the same time she couldn't hide her excitement and happiness for the future of his son's true love. "Ahh." he said finally understanding the situation. Dara had been spending time with them lately after she came over to their house early this month to apologize for the things she had put their son to. She explained what had really happened that she got scared for her career and his as well.

 

They easily forgave her because things happen for a reason and no explanation is needed. Relationships are never really easy and the fact that they both still love each other despite being broken up and dated other people during that two year separation. Well that made their love real and true.

 

"Come let's go watch the news with me," Mr. Kwon walks over to her wife so he can hold her arms to pull her away from the future reunited couple.

 

"What?" Mrs. Kwon seemed confused as to why she had to leave and resisted.

 

"Let's leave the kids alone to talk." Mr. Kwon said as he dragged out Mrs. Kwon because she didn't want to move where she was.

 

Jiyong wasn't really paying much attention to everyone else but he swore his dad just blinked at Dara because she gasped and blushed even more. He wondered if this was the surprise because it definitely is an amazing one. He was glad that he can earlier just seeing her reaction was incredible. If only he can find his voice then it would have been better.

 

She straightens her hair and taps her cheeks to wake herself up. She shivers as she realized that she was wearing an apron and she turns around mumbling to herself while hurriedly taking off the apron only to get it tangled even more, making her panic even more.

 

He chuckles, she was so adorable than he wanted to go over and just hold her. So he walks over towards her to help her. His hand briefly touched hers and she gasped as if a current ran through his hand to hers. He was quick enough to grab a hold of the tie before she's jump away. "What are you doing?" He asked trying to stop himself from laughing.

 

She was still frozen to her spot and she had stopped breathing as well.

 

He finally unties the tight ribboned she accidentally did not loosen due to her panic. He leans closer so he can whisper in her ear, which made her jump. "There it's all done." And he takes off the apron for her but she turned and quickly moved away.

 

"I got it." She mumbled nervously as she removed the apron. Stashing it on the counter behind her. She quickly straightens her hair by tying it behind her in a bun since it probably looks like a mess.

 

"Don't," he reaches over to take the pin off her hair, and her hair falls to her back. "I like your hair down." He smiles softly as his hands lingered on her hair for a few seconds.

 

"I—" she says as she takes back the pin from Jiyong. She then clears trying to calm herself down. "You arrived early,"

 

He grins and nods, now he understood why his mother was making a big deal with the fact that he came home early. Dara being here was the reason for that. "Flight came in an hour earlier."

 

She pursed her lips and had to clench her hands into fists so she doesn't show that she was shaking too much. She still didn't physically prepare herself for this. She had an hour to get ready and formulate what to say but since he is here now she doesn't really have any choice but to tell him. "Aren't you even going to ask what I'm doing h ere?" She started.

 

He shrugs and shakes his head. "Not really," he says simply. He smiled when he adds, "I've always though you blended in with my family very well. It may have taken a while but at least you're here now to complete that piece."

 

Dara couldn't help but try to not cry by how Jiyong had just stated as if the past two years had never happened. "If I didn't cowardly take the route of what I did two years ago, this wouldn't have happened."

 

He takes a step closer to her and he lightly touches the side of her face, "Things happen for a reason no matter how much we try to dwell on it, it still doesn't change the fact that it had happened. We can only just deal with what is what we have now. We know what to avoid and we learn from our mistakes."

 

She shakes her head, "There was no mistake on your part Jiyong. If only I had been honest with you and more open then maybe we would have dealt with it together."

 

"Baby girl, it wasn't just you who was at fault here. All this time I thought that I wasn't good enough for you. Every day I worked hard to be good enough for you—"

 

"Jiyong, you were—"

 

He reached for her hand and linked his fingers with hers. That action alone made her freeze just as he suspected she's react. "Let me finish." He whispered. He already knew what she was going to say because in her drunken state a couple of months ago she too honest.

 

She nods.

 

"Now that I’ve had time to think about it, I didn't need to work hard on being a good man because I realized just being with you and growing with you is what makes me to be the man you need." He wipes a tear that had fallen from her eyes. "This is it for me Dara. You're it."

 

"So," he started again since Dara was just sobbing lightly and couldn't speak. "I'll wait for you whenever you are ready. I wouldn't rush to make any decision for us to start over."

 

Dara smiles despite her eyes shining with tears, she shakes her head. And then she answered Jiyong's confused expression, "The thing is Jiyong. There is no starting over with us," She said as a matter of factly. She takes a step closer towards Jiyong and she squeezed his hand in response. "Starting over means that I've fallen out of love and then fall in love you again. When that really isn't the case Jiyong." She pursed her lips together to stop herself from tearing up even more, there is no way she'd end her confession with tears despite if they are tears of joy.

 

"Because I never stopped loving you Jiyong, I'm still in love with you."

 

With those last words, Jiyong grabs Dara by the back of her neck and captured her lips with his. Taking away any other words that would leave them not really needing speech to speak to each other but just with their actions.

 

Indeed that kiss was everything they wanted to say to each other. Passion mixed with love and just being in the arms of the one they truly want to be with. No more lies, pretend but just purely going for what is in their hearts...

 

Finally...

 

 

November 5, 2015 

 

 

December 5, 2015

 

 

 

December 25, 2015

  

 

May 2x, 2016

  

 

 

June 2, 2016

 

(a/n: maybe so close yet so far away...lol but they are togetherrrr)

 

 

 

(a/n: these next few events are just things a DARAGON dreams for... and PS this is a fiction if this becomes real then maybe i should be a fortune teller... i did for kiko break up... hahah! alright here it is! epilouge 1 of 2. If you recalled this was on my chapter 25 teaser lol alright!)

 

November 10, 2016 BIGBANG spotted in NAIA (Manila, Philippines) 3 weeks before T.O.P's enlistment. Is this a coincidence that 2NE1 also arrived a day before and the fact that it would be Dara Park's birthday in a couple days?

 

November 12, 2016 Dara celebrates 33rd birthday in a private remote isla
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter