Chapter Six

My Song is For You...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

(While shooting for 2ne1's music video Can't Nobody, Teddy found the Park Dara crying talking with the leader after a rough time shooting.) Episode 2, season 2 2NE1tv)

Chapter Six

Her tears

August 19, 2010

 

Dara POV

 

"Okay, take five Dara-shii," The director told Dara who had seemed more distracted instead of focusing on the music video.

 

"Jossenghamnida..." Dara mumbled and gave out an apologetic bow. She pursed her lips together to stop herself from crying. She can feel all eyes on her and she was positive that the 2NE1 cameras had caught her.

 

She ran out of the studio immediately using all the back doors so no one could see the tears falling from her eyes. "Eish... My make up." She dabbed her eyes lightly as to not ruin her makeup, she's secretly thankful for waterproof makeup.

 

No matter how much she tells herself to stop crying, the tears wouldn't stop falling. Shooting of the music video was supposed to end five hours ago and it's already 1am and it's not even close to being done. She had tried her best to calm down and not break down be emotional but she wasn't able to spend Jiyong's birthday. She even had a surprise for him, but she's stuck here. She hasn’t felt like this for a while and she hated it. This feeling is more of a paranoia and she hated it. She was afraid that if she was going to stay in her thoughts that this paranoia is going to get the best out of her… she trust Jiyong wouldn’t hurt her. So as tears started to fall from her eyes she decided to keep her mind blank and not think of anything else….

 

 

Chaerin POV

 

Chaerin saw Dara sneak out of the back door quickly. She can always tell when Dara is close to breaking down. Even though, Dara likes to be alone during these times she decided that she at least be there for her because her unnie’s troubles are more than just the shoot but it was deeper than that….

 

"Unnie." Chaerin called after Dara who had found her hidding near the fire exit. She brought her a bottle of cold vitamin water that she knew her unnie would like. "There you are," Chaerin smiled pretending not to see the tear that fell from Dara's eye.

 

Dara turned around and started dabbing her cheeks, "Gwaenchana," she mumbled but obviously her crying means that she's not. So she shakes her head, she was still refusing to face her leader who had now stood in front of her, "Ani, but i'll be fine though." She said. She bites her lip and she braved it out to face her leader but it was a mistake because the tears started to flow again.

 

Chaerin sighs, and she pats Dara's arm lightly. She knows that Dara hates when people try to comfort her when shes crying because it makes the situation worse. "Here take it," Chaerin said again as she handed the bottle she was holding.

 

Dara sobbed and accepts the drink but she was just holding it, staring at it then a few seconds later she laughed humourlessly, "You must think of me as an idiot."

  

Chaerin shakes her head, she certainly doesn't think that. She was more worried than anything really. Dara had seem a bit off this past week, and during most of their MV shoot if they are on a break would be staring at her phone, which only meant one thing Jiyong-oppa. She had been too busy all week in their entire career that she wouldn't even have time to sleep let alone even talk to her boyfriend for at least a minute or two like they'd always do. The only time that they'd notice her perk up a bit was because they were supposed to end their shoot today and she was planning a surprise party for Jiyong which drastically got canceled when it was suggested that the shoot just be done tonight so the girls can finish recording tomorrow.  "You've been dating for almost a year, if you've never shed a tear for him I'd wonder if ever have feelings for him." Chaerin said trying to make Dara feel better.

 

Dara was thankful that Chaerin isn't upset at her. She was angry at herself that she let her personal life affect her work. One the deals she had with herself was that she wasn't going to ever let her personal life affect how she's supposed to be at work. "As my leader, you should reprimand me for acting like this."

 

Chaerin took a deep breath and nodded, "That's true. But there are times when being your friend is more important than being your leader."

 

Dara chocked on another sob and puts her head down shamefully, "Stop it. I don't deserve it. I've been messing up all night. And it doesn't help that YG-sajangnim and Teddy-oppa are here." 

 

"And 2NE1tv crew." Chaerin interjected, not that she was trying to make Dara more nervous and guilty but she's trying to explain as to why she's not being the fierce leader and just being her caring dongsaeng. "It's not that bad though. We have been working non-stop all week. We even barely have time to breath. It could just be nerves or exhaustion."

 

"Or the fact that I just missed my first official birthday with Jiyong." She said finally wording out the reason for part of her tears. Sure

 

"I'm not trying to say anything bad but unnie, this may be the first time you missed his birthday and sad to say it wont be the last but theres still many more birthdays you can share with him." She said with a smile, trying to cheer her up. As far as she knows, she believes every word she just uttered. Jiyong and Dara has this vibe that they are the real deal, that sometimes it makes her a bit jealous making her want to find love as well. But what stunned her was the flash of hurt in Dara's eyes as if Dara doubted what she had said.

 

"Really?" Dara asked weakly.

 

Chaerin got taken aback curious as to why she is questioning Jiyong-oppa's feelings for her as if she needed reassuring. "Unnie," she said firmly this time, "One has to be a fool not to see how much Jiyong-oppa is head over heels in love with you. That man will move mountains for you if he could." Then she continued knowing that Dara has been paranoid about something that Dara hasn't admitted even to herself. "We just been busy and Bigbang is also busy promoting in Japan lately. It happens, but trust me. I've known Jiyong oppa for so long. You have nothing to worry about. He loves you, and you know that."

 

Dara bit her lip and smiled, she dabbed the tears that trying to pool in her eyes threatening to fall. "Thank you Chaerin..." She said softly, the color on her cheeks are starting to show relief but she was a bit emotional.

  

 

Teddy POV

 

(Teddy finds Dara still out if it. When he walks over to Dara she couldn't help be more teary eyed. He puts on the camera just so she would stop crying but she didn't)

  

"While the camera is still rolling, did you suddenly feel sad??" He asked when she had shared that she had lost it today. He was just doing it for show so that the actual 2NE1TV crew wouldn't be around Dada as much, everyone knows why the face of 2NE1 tears wouldn't stop falling but since he was holding the camera they had to do some patch up just to clarify what the "tears" are for.

  

“Deh.” She answered, “But rather feeling sad, it was bit more than fear…” she continued to talk but then had said something that made Teddy feel that he should stop recording, “So I also wonder if the music video didn’t come out well because of me.”

 

Then Teddy shuts off the camera, looks around to see if someone is eavesdropping. When the coast is clear, he asks one word that was the answer to all Dara's sadness, "Jiyong?" His voice sounded fair and collected. He didn't want to be in between whatever issues they have been having lately because he cared for both of them and didn't know who to side.

 

Dara bit her lip not knowing how to respond. With anyone else she can lie and say she is alright but with Teddy-oppa it's hard when he can see her lie from the first word she utters, "Lately, he's been distant. We've had busy schedules before. But that was when it was him, now that it's mostly me. It's different."

 

Teddy sighed, he has noticed the difference with Jiyong lately but it's just mostly because Jiyong is stressed out two albums that he is working on. He has been too engrossed with his career lately he has been neglecting Dara and it's not on purpose he assumes. "Dara, maybe he just thinks you need rest and doesn't want to bother you as much." Teddy said trying to comfort Dara. It is a slight possibility it might be true, he hated putting words in Jiyong's mouth when he doesn't truly understand what is going on with that boy's mind half the time lately. Though one thing he doesn't doubt is the his feelings for his girlfriend.

 

She wipes her tears, "But he's different lately..." She pauses and continues, "When i called to cancel our plans because of a change of schedule he sounds okay but he tries to hide the disappointment that most of the time I try to make it up to him. But today, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter