Chapter Eleven: I Need A Girl

My Song is For You...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eleven

I Need A Girl – Taeyang FT. G-dragon (SOLAR 2010)

Dara POV

July 4, 2015

 

Once again, Dara was sitting silently by herself eating her breakfast when she saw a hand on her plate and steal her bacon. She sighed, “Why is it you YG boys think that it’s alright to pick off my food.” She didn’t even dare to look up because she can already tell from his breathy laughter who had decided to sit next to her.

 

Youngbae just laughed as he took his time chewing his food, “Well you have always been generous to us YG boys,” He responded with over enthusiasm.

 

“At least your son doesn’t do it and has actual manners.” She finally looks up at the culprit, narrowing her eyes at him. It’s not only the fans that tease around that Song Mino is Youngbae and Jiyong’s son, most people from YG as well since the boy does resemble like a combination of GDYB.

 

He grinned and shrugged, “Guess, he got his mother’s manners.” He answered referring to Jiyong as the mother.

 

She rolls her eyes and continued to eat, “Aren’t you supposed to go on a romantic getaway with the girlfriend today?”

 

He reaches over again and takes a slice of bacon on her plate, “She’s got an unscheduled photoshoot today, she’ll be done in the afternoon. We’ll leave then.”

 

“Ahh,” She breathed nodding, “So, is that why you’re here bothering me?”

 

“I’m having a nice meal with you Noona, how am I being a bother?” He slowly chews on the bacon and winks at her.

 

“Isn’t this some form of cheating?” She asked after a few seconds of comfortable silence.

 

“What do you mean?” He asked when obviously he has an idea of what she is talking about.

 

“So I assume, that Jiyong did leave for Europe yesterday?”

 

He raised his eyebrow and gave her an expressionless stare, “That man is an adult. He can be where ever he wants without asking permission from me.”

 

"Youngbae, not that i don't mind." She started and raised an eyebrow at him, "But you never usually sit with me when there's not a single chance Jiyong would be in YGE, let alone in Korea." She had finally worded out her amusement that Youngbae has been hiding from his best friend for the past two years since they had broken up.

 

He just smirked and waived off the idea as if it was ridiculous, "You are just imagining things."

 

"Youngbae-ah..."

 

"Fine, but I realized that he's a big boy and he can handle it because i miss my noona."

 

Dara bites her lip trying to stop herself from smiling too much because she also had missed her silly dongsaeng but she could help but think there's a hidden agenda behind this. "Yeah and yet why does this feel like you want something from me?"

 

He looked offended and crossed his arms on his chest childishly, "Why would you accuse me of that..."

 

"Because it is a well known fact that you are Jiyong's wingman." She insisted. She had so many times been tricked by Youngbae before when she usually just wants to ignore Jiyong. Or how Youngbae was one of the biggest reasons she had risked dating Jiyong to begin with.

 

"And I'm your friend." He simply said seriously.

 

But Dara couldn't but laugh, "Yeah sure. Like a secret friend, you sneak around more with me than you do with your girlfriend." She eyes him carefully since she hasn't really mentioned that he had confirmed his relationship with Hyorin.

 

He sighs, he still doesn't like the fact that the secret he had been happy to keep for the past two years and for as long as possible has been announced to the world. He is at least thankful that no one mentions Hyorin in his interviews and follows the wishes of the company when given list of things that shouldn't be talked about. "Come on, I'm sure it's not so bad." He pouted.

 

She rolled her eyes, "Because it is, this sneaking around makes me think I'm doing something wrong." She hugs herself dramatically, "Sometimes i even feel dirty after hanging out with you." She shivered for effect.

 

He frowned and looked rather uncomfortable, "I think that's going too far, noona." He said lowly and seriously.

 

She raised an eyebrow testing him. From a third perspective who doesn't know Youngbae one would think that he is actually annoyed or insulted but to someone who has known him as long as Dara has, she found this as his training reminding people that he indeed graduated with a major in acting even though he hasn't used it in his life. "You really think I'm buying that?"

 

Then he showed his most adorable, innocent eye smile that most girls melt for, "It was worth a try."

 

She is pretty much immune to his charms because he has used that adorable smile on her so many times before that she knew right then and there that there is a hidden agenda to this all of a sudden friendship. "Seriously that angelic smile of yours i can read through, what is it you really want?"

 

"Why do you assume it's not just i miss my noona,"

 

"I do," She said simply, "but Youngbae, you have the tendency to always want to fix me and Jiyong." She can recall a few times that their cover was always Youngbae. Jiyong wants to go on a date with Dara? youngbae would be their gardian to the point that even bystanders would think that Youngbae has a crush on her because Youngbae is always so awkward with girls. That Jiyong is Youngbae's wingman and not the other way around. "There is nothing to fix, because... Well you should know. I have jay, and he has..." She pauses and bites her lip not sure if she should continue but he Youngbae's expression makes mer talk, "Well i'm sure they are broken up now but they'll get back together, like always." She didn't sound bitter or angry but amused more than anything.

 

"How..."

 

"I'm not stupid, and even though i don't talk to Jiyong. I still know him, like how i know you..." Plus the guy did say he wrote If You for me, she wanted to add but decided against it.

 

"Okay, seriously noona, there isn't anything behind this, why would you think that?"

 

"because this isn't the first time you've done this..." She accused.

 

"Ha! You cant prove a thing. Name one occasion."

 

Dara may not remember a lot of the instances for it now because she is asked on the spot but one thing she'd always remember and she utters two words that made Youngbae fluster knowing that he was indeed guilty, "Mama 2010,"

 

 

 

 

 

 

November 28, 2010

Macau, China.

 

 "I Need A Girl," Youngbae said as he walked in the 2NE1's waiting room before the 12th annual Mnet Asian Music Awards would start in thirty minutes. He got nominated for 4 awards while 2NE1 got nominated for 6, two of those they are both nominated in. It hasn’t caused any bad blood between them and only wished the best for each other.

 

"Yes, you do need one. Though, you claimed to want to find one by the end of the year." Chaerin said watching Youngbae sit on the table across from her and Dara. "But, oppa there’s only about 33 days left before the New Year. You have to hurry and find her."

 

He just glares at Chaerin, clearly not amused. "Not funny." He grumbled, he has been annoyed at all the comments counting down lately that he still hasn't found a girl. He doesn't understand the obsession of everyone with him dating.

 

Chaerin just eyes him and smirks at him, "Oppa, you need to remember that we can see through your pretend acting."

 

Then Youngbae’s serious expression dropped and he smiled his famous eye smile turning towards Dara.

 

Dara squinted at the younger guy and before he could say a word she announces rather loudly, "If Jiyong has anything to say to me. He can say it, personally." She spat the last word rather darkly.

 

Bom stares between Dara and Youngbae who had just been gazing at each other not trying to break their intense game of no blinking. "Hull... Those two are still at it. I've been avoiding you two cause you are annoying the hell out of me." She stated the fact that the young couple, Jiyong and Dara had been deliberately refusing to talk to each other like children. The two had been having their fight for two days and has been at Bom's last nerves because the two are being immature.

 

Dara ignores the statement and just kept glaring at Youngbae who has the innocent look on his face,

 

Chaerin laughs, "Yes, the two are still refusing to cave and are still fighting. You should have seen unnie a while ago. She literary ran here when she saw Jiyong oppa headed to the dressing room next door," she then dramatically slaps her hands on her jaw and gasped, "Ommo, ottoke..." She did a high pitch voice trying to sound like her unnie when Dara ran into the dressing room.

 

Dara then slowly turns her head to Chaerin and now fixed her glare at her leader, "i did not sound like that."

 

Chaerin just shrugs, "From what I saw, it was."

 

"Well, Jiyong's a big boy. He can handle himself." Then he straightens his jacket, "Besides, if he wants to act like a child then more power to him," He raised an eyebrow at her knowingl, his words could also hit her squarely as well.

 

"Good." Dara said being oblivious to the double meaning to his words, "So if that's the case, what do you need?"

 

Then Youngbae smiles again, "I Need A Girl," he more likely sang it.

 

Chaerin and Dara looked at each other confusedly thinking that he had lost his mind. "And?" They asked in unison.

 

Minzy laughed realizing what her oppa had asked, she stands up and shakes her hand. "I'm going to sit over here," she stands up from the couch and moves away but still close enough so she could see her unnies' expression.

 

Bom who seemed uninterested, just waved off her dongsaeng. "I am not playing this game, so count me out."

 

Youngbae said again, "because, girl. I Need a Girl..."

 

Chaerin then realizes what Youngbae is asking and shakes her head, "No. You are so not getting in between these two fighting." She said, when Dara looked at her confused since she still doesn't get what Youngbae is talking about, "Oppa already gets jealous easily like the pabo he is... This isn't going to go well."

 

Dara scratches the back of her neck and shakes her head, "Well one thing i understand is he is an idiot..." Dara said stubbornly refusing to think who’s at fault with this petty fight but all she knows she isn't backing down because she had too much of his irrational jealousy and he needed to be taught a lesson.

 

Youngbae just shrugged, "He won't get jealous of me." 

 

Chaerin, Bom and Minzy looked at each other and busted into laughter, started to take turns on who should speak first the girls all spoke in unison mostly saying the same idea.

 

"Yeah right! He was at your shoot for I Need A Girl with unnie the whole time, monitoring your every move," Chaerin said

 

"He whined to me saying that you didn't need to take off your shirt in front of Dara." Bom shared.

 

And lastly, Minzy also added. "Yeah and when they sent him home because he was being a nuisance, he went to our dorm and sulked there until unnie got back... And he still sulked for an hour because you took your shirt off when it wasn't on the script!"
[1] 

"And as I said, an idiot." Dara said bitterly, recalling how a Jiyong was such a big baby when she got back from shooting. She had to pack really quickly since she had to leave for London that same night, she had to move her flight because Jiyong was being such a brat not letting her leave and demanded for her to spend time with him.

 

Everyone in YG family knew that I Need A Girl was supposed to be Jiyong's single that he wrote for Dara. When Hyun-suk read the lyrics of the song, he refused for Jiyong to use the song. There was already rumors from nietzens flying around about the two when Jiyong would be seen glancing towards Dara's direction or following around Dara at award shows. So if Jiyong would release this song this would fuel thee rumors some more to the point of YGE would have to comment.

 

So, Hyun-suk thought it was a good idea to give the song to none other than Youngbae who was already on his final preparations for the album to come out. The song was indeed a great song for a promotional single. The CEO also had a couple producers work on the single as to also hide the fact that about 90% of the lyrics was written by Jiyong and made the song match for Youngbae's RnB voice.

 

And to add the fuel even more, The CEO even suggested for Dara to be the main character of the MV as to distract nietzens to this new pairing. Which to anyone who had seen Jiyong that day would run the different direction as to he was very irritable that the only person who was able to calm him down was Dara, even Youngbae was smart enough to avoid the raging dragon.

 

"Psshh, he's over it. Besides he should be thankful. It looked nietzens away." Which is true

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter