Chapter Eight: Butterfly

My Song is For You...
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter Eight

Butterfly - G-dragon (Heartbreaker 2009)

Jiyong POV

 

July 2, 2015

 

Bigbang's Sober Wrapped up in a Plagarism Speculation...

 

This is probably the third time Jiyong read the article in the past twenty minutes. He doesn't understand why people enjoy making up stories like this. This is far from true, just because two notes sound similar doesn't mean that the song is plagiarized. Yang Hyun-suk already held and emergency meeting just to see if BIGBANG should respond to this allegation. Jiyong kept quiet in the whole meeting because he felt that he doesn't have the right to say anything because he had been hit by two plagiarism accusations in one album before plus Seunghyun-hyung is in Japan and as one of the composers of the song he thinks they should at least wait till Seunghyun would be here.

 

"Let's take five and just avoid promotions for this series for now.” Hyun-Suk just offered the final solution since no one really had a clue about what to do. “We should just release the videos on your performances in your concerts you will have this month, as part of the MADE tour diaries.” **** (AN on bottom)

  

Jiyong isn’t sure if it’s the best way to go but he had always trusted his hyung’s decision and the man has never gone wrong with anything he has made since the start of the company. Hyun-suk doesn’t become one of the best CEOs out there by just playing around but he does decisions that is always best for the company or the team.

  

After the meeting Jiyong went to the rooftop to breath, as the stress of today’s events have reached its limit. It also didn’t help that Dara is just ignoring the fact that he just poured his heart out for the entire world to hear. Granted, he understood that Dara dating Jay Park means that Dara is not planning to respond or acknowledge that the song is for her but at least it is out there for Jay to also know that he isn’t going to give up on Dara that easily, just like what Jay had done these past few years when Dara was Jiyong’s girlfriend.

 

In the surface Jiyong and Jay were civil because if the two would have even a slight stare of death from each other it always causes some sort of distress for Dara (She would never chose between the two since she isn’t that type of girl.) So the boys had made it to a point that they would pretend to be friends to make Dara happy.

 

And lastly, the icing on his perfect cake is, this plagiarism accusation. As if his life isn’t stressful enough this unneeded .

 

The first time he had the scandal of plagiarism was in 2009 with Heartbreaker. YGE protected him with that but when the other song Butterfly got hit with another one not a few weeks after the first accusations, he went on depression that the person he promised himself he wasn’t going to hurt, he pushed away in the process……

 

 

 

October 29, 2009

 

Jiyong’s life for the past week had just been going to his parents for dinner and then head back to the dorms. He doesn’t come out for anything else or anyone. Seungri would try to knock at his door to check on him. One time Seungri walked in without warning, Jiyong ended up throwing a book at his maknae which would have hit Seungri square on his forehead if Seungri wasn’t quick enough. After that Seungri would just leave his hyung alone, he’d just hang out somewhere else and just go home to sleep.

 

Even his dog, Gaho, just minds his own business in the corner as if he knows that his appa is not in a good mood. When his phone rings he ignores it, YG-nim gave him a week off so he isn’t really obligated to answer anyone. The only person he actually just talked to was Youngbae and Dara. Youngbae texted him the day after the scandal to just at least try to check in with Dara since she was worried.

  

Jiyong being stubborn texted Dara two days after. It wasn’t like he didn’t want to talk to his girlfriend, many hours he’d stare at his phone wanting to hear her voice but he didn’t want to burden her with his problems when she has other things to worry about. 2NE1 also just started recoding their album, he knows how stressful those days would be.

  

The real reason why he didn’t want to talk to her most of all is he was embarrassed, He was embarrassed that he got hit by this scandal again, when he knows that he did no such thing. He doesn't understand why these critics always finds that right spot to hit. His first scandal wasn't a plagiarism to him, he just wasn't being careful really. He found a rhythm in his mind not realizing it sounded similar to Flo Rida's song.

  

But with Butterfly? He made the song and rhythm thinking of Dara, he didn’t even mean to think of her. She came into his mind and behold she became his muse without even realizing it. So when this scandal came out, he got confused and almost believed the critics... So does that mean his feelings for her wasn't real either. He had questioned that but the pain of not all of a sudden not having her in his life stung more than the scandal itself… So it means his feelings are real.

  

He was also glad she wasn't pushing to check up on him. Youngbae probably told her not to. As much as Jiyong hated to admit it, he tends to push the people he cares for when stuff like this happens and also hated any sympathy texts. All s know that.

 

Seunghyun-hyung just sent him a text saying that if he needed a drinking buddy to not call him. (Which was a joke of course.),

 

Daesung had sent him a box of red bean buns and Youngbae promised to play that new game that came out once he feels up to it. Only the maknae seems burdening forgetting to give him his space and has tried more than once to invade it. He was glad that Dara didn't try to reach out because he was sure he'd end up hurting her when he didn't mean to.

  

He was still following 2NE1's activities which made him miss her more. When he found out they won another award, he caved and tucked in his pride.

 

~Dara-ah, congratulations. He sent the text message.

 

He stares at his phone waiting for an answer. Is she doesn't respond he won't hold it against her. If she wants to leave him then he'll understand too, who would want to date someone who has this much scandals about songs he wrote.

 

But when his phone buzzed for a reply he couldn’t help but smile. It is his first smile in days,

 

~Aigooo! I almost fell, good think Chaerin-wifey caught me. >_<

  

He laughed too he remembered seeing that it wasn't too obvious if one wasn't watching too closely, but since his eyes were just locked on her, he clearly could tell she almost slipped. ~Remind me to thank her for me.

  

She responded too quickly, ~Wey? Wey? Yah! You are doing no such thing! She'll be suspicious as to why you’re thanking her when it's her job as a leader.

 

~I'll thank her anyway. LEE CHAERIN-ah Gwomao!

  

~Yah! Kwon Jiyong! *o*

 

And they just texted back and forth about nothing really. It was a breath of fresh air for him. He literary cannot stop smiling as if a ton of bricks has been unloaded off his chest. He hasn't felt like this for a week, when he'd be at his parents’ house he had to pretend to smile just so they wouldn't get worried about him. They already worry enough anyway. 

 

If only he knew that she was his medicine he should have talked to her sooner. Well, he sort of knows that but he was afraid if she'd push him away because of the scandal. 

 

It was only six pm and he was slowly getting sleepy. It wasn't because talking to her made him sleepy it was just the fact that she is making him feel better that he was finally able to realize that he hasn't slept enough because he'd just end up staring at the ceiling not remember if he fell asleep or not.

  

It was around 9 pm when he opened his eyes again, feeling refreshed and energized for the first time in days. Though he felt bad that he fell asleep on Dara, he was glad he was able to. He grabs his phone and bad gotten three total text messages.

  

One from his sister, asking if he was coming over for dinner.

  

Two from Dara, the first one was a response from their text two hours ago and the recent was the reason why he woke up.

 

~Bab meog eot ni, Jiyong-ah?

 

He smiles, come to think of it in he hasn't eaten all day other than the last piece of red bean bun that Daesung gave him which was at lunch time. He hasn't really eaten much either, sure he goes to his parents’ house to eat but he’d just stare at his food, make conversation and pretend that he ate a lot even though he was just moving his food around making it seem like he was eating for a long time. And honestly, he was starving all of a sudden. Enough that he could eat anything.

  

~Ani, I haven’t eaten yet. And I am starving.

  

She quickly responded, ~I bet, what you wanna eat?

 

He thinks about it. There are so many in his mind right now he doesn’t even know. Even ramen tastes good at the moment. Then typed the first thing that came to mind, ~Ice cream!

 

With that he got up and checked on their fridge only to find nothing in it. Of course someone usually comes to go grocery shopping for them but since he changed the code of their door no one has been able to walk in here and threatened Seungri a decade’s worth of pain if he told anyone else the code. “Aish…” He curses to himself. Only resort is to call for delivery. There is no way he is leaving his dorm now, he knows he looks like crap.

  

He grabs his phone and laughs at her response. ~That is so not food.

  

~In my vocabulary it is. He sends a quick reply. So can call the restaurant next door to deliver him food.

  

As he was dialing the number, there was a soft knock on the door. That at first he thought he imagined it, when a knock that is louder this time, he puts his phone down and glares at the door.

 

Who would be knocking at this time of night? A question popped into his head. He groans, if this Seungri pretending to forget his code again just so he can talk to me. I swear I am going to knock him silly.

 

He walks over to the door and opens it. What he didn’t expect was Dara was standing in front of him, a shy smile on her face carrying a bag of food and a pint of ice cream. “Anyeong?” her voice seemed like a question not knowing if he’d let her in or not.

 

He was dumbfounded and surprised that he just stood there for a few seconds before he reacted. “Dara-ah.” He said with a smile and stepped on the side so she can walk in, she also hands him the pint of Chocolate Ice cream. Secretly praying that Seungri wouldn’t come home any time soon.

 

She walks in with her head low, takes off her shoes and starts mumbling while rummaging what was in her tiny bag, she does this when she’s nervous. “I did not know what you wanted to eat, and since we really haven’t gone grocery shopping yet I only have these different flavored ramen, some cabbage and cut carrots just to add flavoring, so it wouldn’t look unpleasant and then I got some fruit… if that’s alright. If not I’ll go to the restaurant outside and get you proper food, just tell me what you want and I’ll get it—AKK!” she gasped in surprise when he just grabbed her to pull her in for a hug.

  

He couldn’t stop himself. She was so adorable rambling all nervous not sure if she it was alright that she was here. To him, it was more that alright, it was perfect. With his free hand that wasn’t holding the cold ice cream, he takes her arm and swiftly pulled her so he can wrap his arm around her waist. He missed being this close to her, it drove him crazy, and he was only a few inches from her lips. He was gazing deep into her eyes when she finally looked up. “Hi,” He breathed.

  

She also encircles her arms on his neck, she smiles finally the burden of feeling like she was imposing on him finally disappeared and only plain happiness is flashing on her face, “Hi,” She responds softly. She goes on her tip toes and kisses him.

  

He enthusiastically kisses her back. She rarely initiates a kiss since she’s always so shy. And boy, did he miss her lips on his. She broke away far too quickly than he would have liked but he didn’t mind, as long as she’s still in his arms. “Anyeong.” He said again as if those were the only vocabulary words he knows.

  

She laughs and shakes her head,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter